Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2523
  1.    #1861  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    ^I pretty much always listen to new music via Remix so being able to delete individual songs (and albums too if it's easy enough to do) would be great. As would a rating system (unrated or 1-5 stars) which sets the relevant tags in the file.
    I would like a rating system as well; however it really needs to be maintained at the webOS level since ratings are stored in the tags of the file itself which my app does not have access to.

So before I implement a Music Player (Remix)-specific rating system, I'd like to see if webOS implements access to the ratings in the final version of the media library API. This API is not currently public, so I'm sure it'll change in future versions of the OS.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hello Dan,

Someone may have posted this question before but I didnt have time to look through a hundred pages to find it... Is there any way to back up your flylists?
    Thanks Dan, the Remixis by far my favorite app for the Pre, I use it everyday.
  3.    #1863  
    Quote Originally Posted by enduser4life View Post
    Hello Dan,

Someone may have posted this question before but I didnt have time to look through a hundred pages to find it... Is there any way to back up your flylists?
    Thanks Dan, the Remixis by far my favorite app for the Pre, I use it everyday.
    No not currently.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What does everyone use to sync their pre's up to mp remix?

I need to find an alternative to Itunes. Can't get it to sync up anymore with the older versions. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    What does everyone use to sync their pre's up to mp remix?

I need to find an alternative to Itunes. Can't get it to sync up anymore with the older versions. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    click and drag my friend click and drag haha but for itunes, maybe double twist or something like that. Well I think that's what it's called, just google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I would like a rating system as well; however it really needs to be maintained at the webOS level since ratings are stored in the tags of the file itself which my app does not have access to.

So before I implement a Music Player (Remix)-specific rating system, I'd like to see if webOS implements access to the ratings in the final version of the media library API. This API is not currently public, so I'm sure it'll change in future versions of the OS.
    It sounds like there's plenty basic stuff Palm could be doing to open up the media experience! Thanks for the explanation - makes perfect sense.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has already been discussed...

I e-mailed myself an MP3 that I wanted to listen to. It downloaded just fine, and played through the e-mail application. I closed the app, restarted the phone, and was still able to play the song from the e-mail without downloading it again.

I don't know how long the e-mail attachment downloads are kept, or where they're stored, but is it possible to have a separate folder in the Music Player that searches for downloaded media files from e-mail?
  8.    #1868  
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
    I apologize if this has already been discussed...

I e-mailed myself an MP3 that I wanted to listen to. It downloaded just fine, and played through the e-mail application. I closed the app, restarted the phone, and was still able to play the song from the e-mail without downloading it again.

I don't know how long the e-mail attachment downloads are kept, or where they're stored, but is it possible to have a separate folder in the Music Player that searches for downloaded media files from e-mail?
    No I only have access to music files provided by the webOS media service which is populated by files on the /media/internal share (accessible on your computer when you connect your device in "USB mode").

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    If you're referring to playlists created on your computer, you can delete them by hooking up your Pre to your computer in "USB mode" and then deleting the playlist file.

If you're referring to flylists created on the device, you can swipe them left-to-right to delete them.
    Actually talking about playlists that were created in itunes and synced that way. Not sure how to get rid of them now. My pre won't show up in iTunes to delete them???
  10.    #1870  
    Actually talking about playlists that were created in itunes and synced that way. Not sure how to get rid of them now. My pre won't show up in iTunes to delete them???
    Connect the Pre to your computer in "USB Mode". Any files that show up in the music player must be somewhere on the device. Make sure you search all folders (including hidden ones).

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Now, I don't have iTunes, but at one time I tried a Linux media player (my OS of choice) under Gnome, as a test, and it saw the Pre as an iPod.

It put everything in /media/internal/iPod_Control.

HTH,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Dan, your app is my favorite on the Pre, so that's why I'm panicking a little bit right now. For the past couple weeks, the player has been getting "stuck" for lack of a better word, on certain songs.

Issue: I open Music Player, select a song from a playlist I created on itunes, and 9 times out of 10, the song plays without an issue. The next song usually plays as well, and then it's at this time I notice that I need to touch the "shuffle" button. Then it seems like the very next song just doesn't play. They don't get skipped or anything, the player just stops working all together. I deleted the app just now and reinstalled, but the same thing happened on the third song. The slider is actually in the middle of third song, but the time on both ends is 0:00. Along this same issue, sometimes I try to push the ">>" button to go to the next song, and absolutely NOTHING happens. By the way, all the songs are songs that at one point or another played properly with the Music Player, so no "protected" songs that are being skipped, etc.

MY PRE: I have FILECOASTER installed and a few homebrew apps here and there, but I have never rooted my phone or anything similar.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated because I haven't been able to use Music Player properly in a couple weeks and it's driving me crazy!
  13.    #1873  
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    Dan, your app is my favorite on the Pre, so that's why I'm panicking a little bit right now. For the past couple weeks, the player has been getting "stuck" for lack of a better word, on certain songs.

Issue: I open Music Player, select a song from a playlist I created on itunes, and 9 times out of 10, the song plays without an issue. The next song usually plays as well, and then it's at this time I notice that I need to touch the "shuffle" button. Then it seems like the very next song just doesn't play. They don't get skipped or anything, the player just stops working all together. I deleted the app just now and reinstalled, but the same thing happened on the third song. The slider is actually in the middle of third song, but the time on both ends is 0:00. Along this same issue, sometimes I try to push the ">>" button to go to the next song, and absolutely NOTHING happens. By the way, all the songs are songs that at one point or another played properly with the Music Player, so no "protected" songs that are being skipped, etc.

MY PRE: I have FILECOASTER installed and a few homebrew apps here and there, but I have never rooted my phone or anything similar.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated because I haven't been able to use Music Player properly in a couple weeks and it's driving me crazy!
    I would try playing your songs in the stock music player and see if you have the same issue. I would also try to delete all your songs from your device and re-copy them.

Also make sure you're running the latest version of the app.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I would try playing your songs in the stock music player and see if you have the same issue. I would also try to delete all your songs from your device and re-copy them.

Also make sure you're running the latest version of the app.
    I have done all three things. I did it last night. Stock app also freezes in certain places. I deleted all the songs and reloaded all 356 of them. This morning (before my last post) I deleted your Music Player app and reinstalled it, so I'm guessing it's the most recent.

It's like certain songs just get both players stuck/frozen, but they didn't get the players stuck before. It also seems like when I put the playlists into shuffle mode it happens more often. I'm so frustrated because I can't listen to my music!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Okay, Dan, this is what seems to be happening: I do have a few "protected" songs on my Pre. I have over 4500 songs on Itunes, so when I make a playlist, sometimes I include songs that are protected. Of course, when I add these playlists to my Pre, they end up including protected Itunes songs.

Here's what I'm noticing: I start a playlist. The songs play normally. I push the forward skip button and then next song plays fine UNLESS it's a protected song in which case the song is skipped. Once I get to a song that is skipped because it's protected the Music Player (stock or yours) freezes. This didn't happen before, so I wonder if it can be fixed.

I'm trying to move away from using my ipod and exclusively using my Pre for music. However, I don't want to have to make a playlist, some of which may have over 100 songs, and go through each song to be sure it's not protected because I may use my ipod at some point, which will play these protected songs.

Do you think you can figure out what's going on and fix it? If not, do you know a quick, easy way for me to go through a playlist on itunes and remove songs that are protected without having to right click on each individual song and locate its properties?

Thanks Dan!
  16.    #1876  
    If this is happening in both my app and the stock one then most likely I won't be able to fix it since the issue is most likely in webOS itself.

So you're going to have to remove these protected songs from your device.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    If this is happening in both my app and the stock one then most likely I won't be able to fix it since the issue is most likely in webOS itself.

So you're going to have to remove these protected songs from your device.
    Dan, you are correct. I removed or upgraded all protected AAC files and there is no more freezing of the Music Player. It never used to happen before, the freezing when it would skip a protected AAC file, but for some reason it does now. I found if you go to Itunes, add the category "kind", you can see what kind of file type it is and quickly remove any protected AAC files.

Again, thanks for such a useful and amazingly perfect app!
  18.    #1878  
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    Dan, you are correct. I removed or upgraded all protected AAC files and there is no more freezing of the Music Player. It never used to happen before, the freezing when it would skip a protected AAC file, but for some reason it does now. I found if you go to Itunes, add the category "kind", you can see what kind of file type it is and quickly remove any protected AAC files.

Again, thanks for such a useful and amazingly perfect app!
    I'm glad you were able to find your problem.
    I am wondering if you put anymore thought to subscription music such as napster or Rhapsody. I love all-you-can-eat content. I am loving Napster of late.
  20.    #1880  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I am wondering if you put anymore thought to subscription music such as napster or Rhapsody. I love all-you-can-eat content. I am loving Napster of late.
    No most likely it'll stay as a standalone music player.