Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2523
    You can create M3U playlists on your computer to transfer to the device. Search this thread for "M3U" to find instructions on how to do this. There have also been other threads in the forum that discussed this, so you could search for "M3U" in the whole forum.
    I've already searched the threads and tried to make the M3U playlist. I'm simply unable to do it. What I'm asking is whether or not it's possible to exclude albums or songs from shuffle and stating that if the procedure is tied to playlists instead of flylists, I won't be able to use it.
  2.    #1822  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I've already searched the threads and tried to make the M3U playlist. I'm simply unable to do it. What I'm asking is whether or not it's possible to exclude albums or songs from shuffle and stating that if the procedure is tied to playlists instead of flylists, I won't be able to use it.
    It is not currently possible to exclude certain albums or songs from the shuffle. And no I don't expect to add this feature since I don't think this would be of tremendous benefit to a lot of people.

Here is the post I was referring to in this thread that allows M3U playlists to transfer over to the Pre: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1921204.

Follow the instructions, step-by-step, and it will work. I've done it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It is not currently possible to exclude certain albums or songs from the shuffle. And no I don't expect to add this feature since I don't think this would be of tremendous benefit to a lot of people.

Here is the post I was referring to in this thread that allows M3U playlists to transfer over to the Pre: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1921204.

Follow the instructions, step-by-step, and it will work. I've done it myself.
    Thank you.
    Um no... I'm not changing the name of the app to "Audio Book" or anything else...sorry.
    I understand I can use the bookmark feature, I just like the resume play. I was not asking you to change the name of the app, just release another version so I can install two copies, one that auto resumes my audio book and one the the normal one I would use for music.

Just a thought...
  5.    #1825  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I understand I can use the bookmark feature, I just like the resume play. I was not asking you to change the name of the app, just release another version so I can install two copies, one that auto resumes my audio book and one the the normal one I would use for music.

Just a thought...
    I understand where you're going with this...you want to automatically save the position of the last audio book you were reading while still listening to music in the app. But no, I'm not going to create a new version of the app just so someone can install two versions and keep two different "resume play" settings.

But I'll put some thought into a way to solve your problem. Until then, as you mentioned, the manual bookmarking system should work for you.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    DanPLC, the problem is that the Pre is not picking up the genre w/o iTunes. Thus, even though I use Windows Media and it shows spoken word or audio book, it's not picked up. If the genre would pick up, we could resume play in all of our audiobooks regardless of the music we listen to in between.
  7.    #1827  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    DanPLC, the problem is that the Pre is not picking up the genre w/o iTunes. Thus, even though I use Windows Media and it shows spoken word or audio book, it's not picked up. If the genre would pick up, we could resume play in all of our audiobooks regardless of the music we listen to in between.
    That's strange...so the genre is set up properly in the ID3 tag but doesn't show up on the Pre? You may want to search the forums to see if someone else has found a solution to this. I'm not sure since I don't have any spoken-word files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

That's strange...so the genre is set up properly in the ID3 tag but doesn't show up on the Pre? You may want to search the forums to see if someone else has found a solution to this. I'm not sure since I don't have any spoken-word files.
    I tried it on my Laptop with iTunes and when I load from there everything comes. In Windows Media (from desktop), the artist, playlist, and album come over but not genre.

I'll check to see if someone else has found something, but the information that I received from another thread that spoken words, speech, and audio book genre files resume play, isn't happening. I must be doing something wrong. In the meantime, having the ability to book mark is a life saver.

BTW, I transferred my desktop files to my laptop and didn't need to complete all of the information in the laptop iTunes (other than creating playlists).
    Dan,
    Loving remix - it is working great with my audio books. Between bookmarks and resume play, I'm quite content.

One request - can the 'songs' on the music library screen not include the genre speech? It's picking up the pod casts and audio books. I'd like to be able to hit 'songs' and then 'shuffle all' and listen to all my music without have to create playlists everytime I change out my music.

Regards,
    EK
  10.    #1830  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    Dan,
    Loving remix - it is working great with my audio books. Between bookmarks and resume play, I'm quite content.

One request - can the 'songs' on the music library screen not include the genre speech? It's picking up the pod casts and audio books. I'd like to be able to hit 'songs' and then 'shuffle all' and listen to all my music without have to create playlists everytime I change out my music.

Regards,
    EK
    The problem is that there is not just one genre for all spoken-word files. And from what I gather some of them actually show up as the genre "unknown". So there is no universal way to exclude all spoken-word files from a shuffle.

Does no perfect solution have to mean no solution? These files are by definition drm-less right now. The genre can be changed before they are loaded. I'm sure the pod cast people can be convinced to add a genre (if they don't have one - I have to check) if they don't already.

I guess what I'm asking is to set a standard for your program as best you can - say exclude book/speech and whatever else looks like an audbile book/podcast from 'music'. Then we can have something to shoot for from other developers to make everything work together better.
    The problem is that there is not just one genre for all spoken-word files. And from what I gather some of them actually show up as the genre "unknown". So there is no universal way to exclude all spoken-word files from a shuffle.
    Actually, if you exclude one genre "podcast" we can rename the genre of our files to podcast even if they're other types of files.

Unfortunately, we can only change the genre, via iTunes, because tags changed in windows media aren't recognized in the regular music player or music remix.

It's an issue that we'll have to bring up with Palm since they can't guarantee that Apple won't do something to prevent us using their software for the Pre, then need to make sure that ID tags identified via Windows Media are recognized.

BTW, My desktop PC stopped recognizing my Pre in Media sync mode. So when I've installed playlists and music from my desktop, it's been in usb mode instead of media sync.

For those listening to audio books, audible aa files are now working in Classic. For those ripping their cds and playing mp3, Music Remix and bookmarks are the ticket for your audio book listening pleasure.
    Actually there are plenty of ways to change the ID3 tags. I use a program called 'Tag & Rename' (fantastic program btw). Works just fine with the Pre. I don't use iTunes at all. I much prefer winamp, which can also change the tags and works just fine with the pre as well. It can probably managed the music on the pre via USB mode as well - I just haven't bothered to try.

I make extended use of the bookmark feature for my audiobooks too. Just would like an easier way to play whatever music is available.
  14.    #1834  
    I'll think of what can be done to more easily play "all music" vs. "all files".

As many of you know, I've been focused completely on GeoStrings for the past 2 months or so. Now that GeoStrings is complete, I do have free time. However once I think of a new idea for an app, I plan on working on that, as well as more enhancements for GeoStrings.

But eventually I plan to get back to Music Player (Remix) to implement all of the necessary bug fixes and add more features to the app. In addition to the many requested features from this thread, I have some of my own ideas that I'd like to implement.

However I don't plan on getting back to Music Player (Remix) until Palm opens up the media APIs. I'd rather work on apps that have a viable chance of getting into the catalog than ones that currently do not. But once the media APIs are finalized and made public, I'll jump back into Music Player (Remix) and prepare a new version that will be submitted to the catalog.

So keep the ideas and suggestions coming...just be aware that their implementation date will depend on Palm finalizing the media APIs.

Thanks Dan - I'm a developer, so I know how it goes. I didn't realize palm was sitting on the media APIs. What in the world is the point of that.

And...geostring is da bomb! This is the first time I've seen it!
    I've developed a problem with playing Flylists.

Whether playing a previously set-up flylist, or one created then and there, Remix only plays a few songs in the selection - them and only them. The music is still there, still playable if I hit just that song, but not in a list.

Help!
  17.    #1837  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I've developed a problem with playing Flylists.

Whether playing a previously set-up flylist, or one created then and there, Remix only plays a few songs in the selection - them and only them. The music is still there, still playable if I hit just that song, but not in a list.

Help!
    Can you elaborate on your issue? I'm not sure I'm understanding what the issue is.

18.    #1838  
    Thanks Dan - I'm a developer, so I know how it goes. I didn't realize palm was sitting on the media APIs. What in the world is the point of that.
    Yeah right now the Music Player (Remix) app runs with a "Palm" company name allowing it to use the undocumented media apis. When the apis become public, then the app can be considered for inclusion in the catalog.

And...geostring is da bomb! This is the first time I've seen it!
    Thanks! If you haven't already, check out the videos I linked to in my signature. The app has been submitted to the catalog. I'm just waiting for it to be approved. It's been a week since I submitted it so hopefully it won't take too much longer. The problem is I have to wait in line and it seems that lately the app catalog is being flooded with a ton of junk apps submitted by developers such as Brighthouse Labs and Dijit.

Can you elaborate on your issue? I'm not sure I'm understanding what the issue is.
    I open a Flylist, say one with 3 songs. I hit 'Shuffle All', and it begins playing. While listening, I find it's only playing 2 of those songs, not the third one at all.

I try another Flylist, with 16 songs, again hitting 'Shuffle All'. It only plays 4 or 5 songs, and those over and over. But it never does play any of the other 11 or 12 songs in the list.

If I close the app, go back in and play the same Flylist over again, it happens again. I've tried creating a brand new Flylist, but that doesn't work either.

Those unplayed songs are in my library, because when I go to them particularly, they play just fine.
  20.    #1840  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I open a Flylist, say one with 3 songs. I hit 'Shuffle All', and it begins playing. While listening, I find it's only playing 2 of those songs, not the third one at all.

I try another Flylist, with 16 songs, again hitting 'Shuffle All'. It only plays 4 or 5 songs, and those over and over. But it never does play any of the other 11 or 12 songs in the list.

If I close the app, go back in and play the same Flylist over again, it happens again. I've tried creating a brand new Flylist, but that doesn't work either.

Those unplayed songs are in my library, because when I go to them particularly, they play just fine.
    Did these songs ever successfully play in the flylist when using the "shuffle all" option? Or did they stop working after a certain point? Did you ever remove these songs from your device and then re-sync them?

For one of those "problem" songs, try deleting it from the flylist and re-adding it and see if it'll play then when shuffling your flylist.