Page 91 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2523
  1.    #1801  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don't know if this'll help at all, but forum member Sakasune made some modifications to the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $disable$ $the$ $screen$ $auto$-$off$ $while$ $the$ $Pre$ $is$ $on$ $the$ $Touchstone$. ($The$ $Touchstone$ $is$ $referred$ $to$ $as$ $the$ $puck$ $in$ $the$ $code$.) $See$ this post. Then Jason Robitaille took Sakasune's work and made a patch that does the same thing, but includes any form of charging, not just the Touchstone. See this.

So actually, if you didn't want to add this functionality to your program, you could just direct people to Jason's patch.
    Jason's patch doesn't really reveal how to do it in my app. I'd have to look at the actual module he's modifying.

I posted a question in the Palm Developer forum to find out what types of properties we could set with the setProperties system service, as well as get with the getProperties service, and I still haven't received a response. Unfortunately, these services have absolutely no useful documentation on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Jason's patch doesn't really reveal how to do it in my app. I'd have to look at the actual module he's modifying.

I posted a question in the Palm Developer forum to find out what types of properties we could set with the setProperties system service, as well as get with the getProperties service, and I still haven't received a response. Unfortunately, these services have absolutely no useful documentation on their site.
    Yeah, I'm not much of a coder (although I'm trying to learn) so I wasn't sure if any of that would actually help you as far as being able to change the settings from inside your own app, but I thought it might be a place to start. I feel your pain regarding the documentation. As I said, I'm trying to teach myself, as I've got a few program ideas, and slogging through the developer documentation is quite a challenge. My mind boggles when I think of doing anything near as complicated as what you've done. Anyway, good luck with everything. I'm really looking forward to GeoStrings, as well as any future mods you make to Remix.
    Is there a way to set this player as the default to launch when clicking on mp3 links or songs?
  4.    #1804  
    Quote Originally Posted by mukeshwani View Post
    Is there a way to set this player as the default to launch when clicking on mp3 links or songs?
    I think it launches the streaming music player when you click on MP3 web links. Music Player (Remix) doesn't have the ability to play streaming songs, so no you can't do this.
    I searched, but I haven't seen this fix requested anywhere. Sorry if I missed it.

Would it be possible to work the artist & title sorting to disregard 'A', 'An' and 'The'?

Thanks!
  6.    #1806  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I searched, but I haven't seen this fix requested anywhere. Sorry if I missed it.

Would it be possible to work the artist & title sorting to disregard 'A', 'An' and 'The'?

Thanks!
    Yes, it's been requested several times before. It's deep down on my list of things I'd like to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are your tracks exceptionally long? There has been issues reported with the music player (both the original and remix versions) not playing very long songs until the end.

Or are you saying every single song, regardless of length, does not play until the end? How many seconds are cut off of each song? All of my songs are under 10 minutes and they all play until the end.
    Here is another explanation of this problem. I play audio books that have very long tracks 75 minutes or more sometimes. If I play a track and listen to it straight through it will play the entire track just fine but the track seek bar only displays 5 minutes or so and the seek button just sits at the end of the bar and the counter goes negative until it finishes playing the track.

If i stop or pause the track while it is counting negative it is impossible to resume play the track in its entirety from where it left off. Basically using the seek bar on a long track is useless and impossible to find the place the track left off.
    I've noticed recently when I hit play on the first song I want to hear right after I open remix, it skips to the next song. Anyone else have this problem?
    i was wondering if you are in the process of adding an equalizer, or if it is even possible at this stage??
  10.    #1810  
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    i was wondering if you are in the process of adding an equalizer, or if it is even possible at this stage??
    Search this thread for "equalizer" to find your answer. This has been asked many times before.
  11.    #1811  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    I've noticed recently when I hit play on the first song I want to hear right after I open remix, it skips to the next song. Anyone else have this problem?
    I think someone else reported this as well. There is a general issue that causes tracks to display improperly or do weird stuff like this. It's on my list of things to fix one day.
    This is a great app! Thank you!

I have 2 small problems I am hoping you can help me fix.

1. It sometimes plays 1 second of a song and then skips to the next track. Any idea why?

2. My ringtones are all on the song list. They are NOT in my \Music folder they are all in the \ringtones folder. They are not on my computer or in my Itunes nor do they appear in doubletwist which I use to sync my Itunes music collection.

thanks for your help.

I have confirmed that I have the latest version of your app.

Dan
    First things first - please add my thanks to the long list DanPLC. Remix is, without doubt, the most used app on my Pre. 81772654XM025361S should be enough to buy you a beer I hope.

If you ever revisit adding features to Remix the one I'd like to see is for replay gain / volume normalisation. Basically a method to handle tracks encoded at slightly different volumes so you don't have to raise or lower the volume when you get a dramatic change from one track to the next.

All my mp3s are analysed (my weapon of choice for this is JRMC) which then stores a +/- db value in the replay gain tag. Programs can then use that to twiddle the volume for you. I know WMP has the ability to analyse / normalise tracks to but I've never felt brave enough to let it anywhere near my library... hopefully it does something similar. Anyroad, it's no biggy. And many thanks again for Remix!
  14.    #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvesely View Post
    1. It sometimes plays 1 second of a song and then skips to the next track. Any idea why?
    Yes, there's a bug! I have it on my list of things I need to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by dvesely View Post
    2. My ringtones are all on the song list. They are NOT in my \Music folder they are all in the \ringtones folder. They are not on my computer or in my Itunes nor do they appear in doubletwist which I use to sync my Itunes music collection.
    If files are showing up in the song list, then they must be present on the device somewhere. I read in another thread that files sometimes are located in hidden directories (such as ".recycle"). So that might be what's happening with you.
  15.    #1815  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    First things first - please add my thanks to the long list DanPLC. Remix is, without doubt, the most used app on my Pre. 81772654XM025361S should be enough to buy you a beer I hope.

If you ever revisit adding features to Remix the one I'd like to see is for replay gain / volume normalisation. Basically a method to handle tracks encoded at slightly different volumes so you don't have to raise or lower the volume when you get a dramatic change from one track to the next.

All my mp3s are analysed (my weapon of choice for this is JRMC) which then stores a +/- db value in the replay gain tag. Programs can then use that to twiddle the volume for you. I know WMP has the ability to analyse / normalise tracks to but I've never felt brave enough to let it anywhere near my library... hopefully it does something similar. Anyroad, it's no biggy. And many thanks again for Remix!
    This ability is not currently available in the SDK. All I can do is play tracks, not adjust volume or levels in any way.
  16.    #1816  
    I just wanted to send a small update for those of you who haven't been following my "GeoStrings" thread. I just submitted GeoStrings to the app catalog! I've been in contact with my handler at Palm during the beta test phase. They've had copies of the beta during the testing so I'm hoping the review process won't take too long since they've already been messing with the app.
    Would it be possible to release another version of this and call it just "audio book". I love the ability of the resume play, lets me get right back to where I was in my long audiobooks. I have been using this app for just audio books but the stock for just regular music. I really would like to use this one for regular music as well.

I understand I could use the bookmark feature but the resume play works so effortlessly. I am not aware of any other apps that handle it so well.
  18.    #1818  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Would it be possible to release another version of this and call it just "audio book". I love the ability of the resume play, lets me get right back to where I was in my long audiobooks. I have been using this app for just audio books but the stock for just regular music. I really would like to use this one for regular music as well.

I understand I could use the bookmark feature but the resume play works so effortlessly. I am not aware of any other apps that handle it so well.
    Um no... I'm not changing the name of the app to "Audio Book" or anything else...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post

Why would you need the name to change to use it for music too? Why don't you bookmark your books when you're ready to use the player for music? In other words, before you listen to music, click resume play; then bookmark. After that, listen to music. I know it's more work, but it's less work than opening up another app with an alternative name. You can also bookmark your music.

DanPLC, I have a question. Is it possible to exclude certain lists, songs, or albums from shuffle? If not, can you please add that in a future version. I also listen to audio books on my player, but try as I might, I can't figure out how to make playlists on the desktop. I make flylists, but they don't show as audio books. So if there is a way to not shuffle audio books, that still wouldn't work for my situation.
  20.    #1820  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    DanPLC, I have a question. Is it possible to exclude certain lists, songs, or albums from shuffle? If not, can you please add that in a future version. I also listen to audio books on my player, but try as I might, I can't figure out how to make playlists on the desktop. I make flylists, but they don't show as audio books. So if there is a way to not shuffle audio books, that still wouldn't work for my situation.
    You can create M3U playlists on your computer to transfer to the device. Search this thread for "M3U" to find instructions on how to do this. There have also been other threads in the forum that discussed this, so you could search for "M3U" in the whole forum.