Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I can't think of any other app that has both portrait and landscape modes that allows the user to lock the orientation. It just doesn't seem natural to lock the orientation on a device with an accelerometer. The thing that makes an accelerometer useful is that it can detect when you've turned the device, and if the app supports it, will change the orientation so the user always has a perfect view. Locking it in a certain orientation seems like a step backwards.
    Most of the time that my player goes into landscape is when I lie down on the bed (this goes for other apps as well, not just this one), and I wish it wouldn't because my head is sideways. I wish there was a way to disable landscape mode because I never want it.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsb View Post
    Most of the time that my player goes into landscape is when I lie down on the bed (this goes for other apps as well, not just this one), and I wish it wouldn't because my head is sideways. I wish there was a way to disable landscape mode because I never want it.
    @danplc
    I have to say that I agree with @briggsb. I can give you a rationale, but I'm about to go to the gym, and when I'm on the treadmill, it's a pain in rear when the app has changed orientation accidentally. Oh, I just explained...

TTFN,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    C'mon Palm, get with it!

I hope so too, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Almost 2 months ago, my Palm handler and I had a conversation on the phone and he told me they would eventually (in the next few months) be making the media API public and when that happens my app could be released in the catalog.

He asked me to send him a list of all the undocumented API calls I'm using and he would verify with the engineering team whether they would all be made public. Almost 2 months have passed and I still have not received any sort of response from him after multiple emails and voice mails. That in my opinion is beyond ridiculous.

About 3 weeks ago he forwarded my info to Chuq. Chuq wrote me and said he would follow up with the engineering team and get back to me the following week. Well that was over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from him even after sending him another message last week.

I understand that they're swamped, but it would be a common courtesy to write someone back (especially after almost 2 months) to let me know they're still trying to get an answer from the engineering team.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about my new app that I'm working on. What if after all the effort I put in to finish it I email my handler and he never writes or calls back? In my opinion, the app catalog team is not providing proper support to their clients (the developers) if my experience is any indication.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  4.    #1704  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @danplc
    I have to say that I agree with @briggsb. I can give you a rationale, but I'm about to go to the gym, and when I'm on the treadmill, it's a pain in rear when the app has changed orientation accidentally. Oh, I just explained...

TTFN,
    -JerryG
    When every other app that changes orientation provides a way to lock it into one orientation, then I'll give it serious consideration.

I tried out the scenario where you lie down with your head on your side (well I simulated it at my desk by leaning downwards), and he's correct the orientation changes to landscape even though the player is being held in a more portrait-optimized position.

However I'm not sure I see a scenario at the gym where this would be a major inconvenience. Anytime I've gone to the gym, I usually don't mess with the player that much. I just start up a playlist and let it run. And anytime I do mess with it, I'm in an upright position so the app would be in portrait mode. Now granted it's been awhile since I've been at a gym, but I assume the laws of gravity and physics haven't changed too much in all this time, right?
    Dan sorry to hear you're not getting the support from Palm that you (and I'm sure other developers) need. Hope things change, but know that you have a loyal following (as you can surely see) for your Remix Application!

Can you give us a little tease on the new app you're working on and when that might be released? If the quality and attention you've put on the new one is like Remix, then you're sure to have a winner.

-CK
  6.    #1706  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    Dan sorry to hear you're not getting the support from Palm that you (and I'm sure other developers) need. Hope things change, but know that you have a loyal following (as you can surely see) for your Remix Application!
    Yeah they really need to fix things. I can't imagine if I ignored my customers/clients at work for 2 months after multiple emails and phone calls. I would never let 2 days pass let alone 2 weeks or 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    Can you give us a little tease on the new app you're working on and when that might be released? If the quality and attention you've put on the new one is like Remix, then you're sure to have a winner.
    Not yet...but soon. Things are progressing well. Today I ran my first semi-functional demo on my device. I'm hoping to have it ready for a limited beta of some sort in a few weeks. Also I plan on creating a new thread (probably in the "webOS Developement" section) that I'll link to in this thread once I'm ready to unveil it. I'll be preparing a video (or a series of videos) to introduce everyone to the app.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Now granted it's been awhile since I've been at a gym, but I assume the laws of gravity and physics haven't changed too much in all this time, right?
    It depends on who's in the gym...

OK, I'll live with it (or maybe, hack a file or two...)

LOL

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    I know that Tweed has an option to allow landscape or not. I don't let it. I wish other apps would let me shut it off as well. If you put it in, it would be great,there is some demand for it. Anyway thanks for your work on the app. It makes life on the Pre so much better.
    Not sure if this has been posted, did a search and didn't find it...

Right now when I select a playlist or album, the MediaPlayer screen comes up with the album covers showing and as it cues up whatever was selected the minute it start to play, it skips to the second song in the mix. It starts on song number one for instance, but before the music starts playing it slides on to song number two and starts to play. I have to scroll back to song one and then it plays it and everything moves along.

Is this a bug with my installation or something? Has anyone else seen this?

thanks again for this great app. You have done well friend.

c
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Dan,

One feature that I'd really like in Remix is to have the space bar pause/unpause the music when there is no other text input happening. Other keys might be nice to use as well: @/backspace for previous track, "." or return for next track. I would greatly appreciate the ability to control the music by using hard buttons rather than having to look at the screen to do these simple tasks.

It's hard to search this forum to see if this has been suggested/discussed before. I apologize if this is something that has been discussed/rejected already.

-a
  11.    #1711  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, did a search and didn't find it...

Right now when I select a playlist or album, the MediaPlayer screen comes up with the album covers showing and as it cues up whatever was selected the minute it start to play, it skips to the second song in the mix. It starts on song number one for instance, but before the music starts playing it slides on to song number two and starts to play. I have to scroll back to song one and then it plays it and everything moves along.

Is this a bug with my installation or something? Has anyone else seen this?

thanks again for this great app. You have done well friend.

c
    No I haven't personally seen this. When I select a song in a playlist or album, it'll play that song first.
  12.    #1712  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Dan,

One feature that I'd really like in Remix is to have the space bar pause/unpause the music when there is no other text input happening. Other keys might be nice to use as well: @/backspace for previous track, "." or return for next track. I would greatly appreciate the ability to control the music by using hard buttons rather than having to look at the screen to do these simple tasks.

It's hard to search this forum to see if this has been suggested/discussed before. I apologize if this is something that has been discussed/rejected already.

-a
    It's been discussed before. I think it's potentially a good idea; however in the future I plan on implementing universal search within the app (start typing while on the "now playing" or "main menu" screens and all songs/albums/artists/playlists/flylists, etc. matching the typed-in filter string would appear). So assigning the spacebar key as a pause/play function would not be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsb View Post
    I know that Tweed has an option to allow landscape or not. I don't let it. I wish other apps would let me shut it off as well. If you put it in, it would be great,there is some demand for it. Anyway thanks for your work on the app. It makes life on the Pre so much better.
    Just to throw my hat in with these guys, I'd definitely love this feature too.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Dan, I know there are some a-holes in this thread, but I just wanted you to know that I use your app every day at work, and I think it's GREAT, even with a bug here and there. Palm should hire you.
  15.    #1715  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    Dan, I know there are some a-holes in this thread, but I just wanted you to know that I use your app every day at work, and I think it's GREAT, even with a bug here and there. Palm should hire you.
    Thanks a lot. I'm not quite ready to move to California, so I don't think I'd accept that offer anyway.

Yeah I know there are some bugs. I have a long list of things that need to be addressed. Some are what I'd call a pure "bug" and some would be what I'd consider "necessary enhancements". At some point I'll dive back into this app and knock these items off the list.
    Does anybody know if they plan on adding a sleep timer on the music remix app.
    To me, I think thats the only thing missing from this great app.
    "No I haven't personally seen this. When I select a song in a playlist or album, it'll play that song first."

I just tried it again and it did just as I posted for me. I will shoot a video of it and post the link later tonight and maybe you can see what is happening and go from there. If no one else has posted this maybe it is just my configuration or how I setup my Developer Mode? Anyway, thanks for checking in and I will be back with vid link tonight.

c
  18.    #1718  
    Quote Originally Posted by dremon21 View Post
    Does anybody know if they plan on adding a sleep timer on the music remix app.
    To me, I think thats the only thing missing from this great app.
    Check out the "Search this thread" link...you'll find your answer there.
    Resume Playing...

I just had the chance to notice this and love it. Playing a song and someone stopped by to check out the phone. Without thinking I closed the Music (Remix) app and after they left I relaunched it and there on the top right was a button that said Resume playing. When I clicked on it the same song that was playing picked up right where I left it.

NICE. Thanks,

c
    I'm not sure if I'm doing things right, but -

I love Remix (thanks so much for putting it together), but it doesn't seem to display my album art. Previously, Windows Media Player wasn't recognizing my Pre, so I'd copy my music via USB. That doesn't provide the album art at all. Just recently, WMP does see my Pre, so today I used it to sync an album, but still no art. (This is music I've ripped from CD's; purchased MP3 art copies just great. And to answer your possible first question - yes, I do have WMP find media info during the rip.)

Is there a way to transfer <i>just</i> the album art? Does it need to be transferred via sync, and not USB?