Page 85 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Unfortanely, the app only has access to the data provided by the webOS media service, and "Sort Artist" is not one the pieces of data available.

I'm hoping in the future that more tag data is made available in the API.
    Well, shoot. Oh well, thanks for considering my insanity. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Ever since WebOs 1.3.1, Ive notice that Music Player (Remix) basically devours the battery . My Pre gets very warm and goes from 100% to the 20% warning within 3 hours...and continues to drain rapidly even after I throw away the card.

Anyone else notice this?
    I'm jumping on this question a little bit late, but I just had to mention - whenever my Pre gets really hot, it's almost always due to me accidentally leaving GPS on. Which made sense when I read one of those articles where someone completely broke down a Pre because the GPS antenna is right where the back of my Pre gets the hottest. So crazy question, mistaox, but do you leave GPS on all the time? Or have you turned it on and forgotten to turn it off recently? Because personally, I've found having GPS on all the time drains my battery something fierce. I only turn on my GPS when I actually need it for something map related, and I try to remember to turn it off when I'm done. All of which is made SO much easier now by the fabulous "GPS in Device Menu" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Exactly- Sleep in: 30,60,90 minute options. Like an alarm clock, so I can listen when going to sleep and still have the alarm wake me in the morning.

And many thanks for even considering it! Its something I think will be very popular.
    Let me just add my vote to this one too! I used to use this feature ALL the time with pTunes on my old Treo and loved it. I would definitely love to see a sleep timer in Remix.

Speaking of which, another feature I used to use quite a bit in pTunes was the volume booster. I know you've said it's not currently doable with the current SDK, but I thought I'd put in my vote in case that ever became available.

-- Alisa

PS - I love the alphabet scroller just the way it is. Much better than having to slide open the keyboard.
    So basically you'd want some kind of option to trigger a sleep timer which when expired would stop the player and close it. Is that correct?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea...I can add it to my list.
    I implemented a sleep timer in Radio Hibiki and it's a crowd-pleaser, for sure. I'm pretty sure that outside of (finally!) getting the Current Track/Artist off a stream it was the most popular feature request. You really can't go wrong with it.

It's been great watching the progress of your player, btw. Great stuff here.
  3.    #1683  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    Hi Dan,
    First off, thanks your app, Music Player Remix ROCK. Will the next version add visual equalizer? I am using a bt headset Altec 903 but it lacks of bass, so I want to improve bass by an equalizer or just a simple button "bass on", and I think most people will happy to see the equalizer on music player remix.
    Search for "equalizer" in this thread for your answer.
  4.    #1684  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I implemented a sleep timer in Radio Hibiki and it's a crowd-pleaser, for sure. I'm pretty sure that outside of (finally!) getting the Current Track/Artist off a stream it was the most popular feature request. You really can't go wrong with it.

It's been great watching the progress of your player, btw. Great stuff here.
    I don't think I'd personally have use for it, but I can see how others might.
    Dan, as I've been using the Remix more and more I do have a couple of questions and comments. I apologize if these have been asked before but I could not find the answers.

So here are the questions:

- When using the shuffle option, are all the songs shuffled up and then played until the last one is completed, ie: no song is played twice? Also, if you hit resume, does it resume those that have not been played?

- It would be nice to see some indicator (like you have for time played and time remaining) for the number of songs already played in your shuffle and those remaining.

- I also second the suggestion about an " sleep mode." Not critical but would be nice to have.

Once again, outstanding application!

-CK
    Last edited by ciscokid422; 11/21/2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: posted before I was ready
  6.    #1686  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    - When using the shuffle option, are all the songs shuffled up and then played until the last one is completed, ie: no song is played twice? Also, if you hit resume, does it resume those that have not been played?
    Yes I believe the songs are shuffled and played one time only. No the "resume play" simply remembers the track you were playing and the playlist you were playing in (flylist, song, artist, album, genre, etc.). It does not remember which songs you already played.

- It would be nice to see some indicator (like you have for time played and time remaining) for the number of songs already played in your shuffle and those remaining.
    This is displayed at the top on the titlebar.
    Duh thanks, my bad. Somehow I did not notice the display at the top of the titlebar.
    After forcing a restart everything seem fine.

Its seems I had forgotten to kill the WIFI after leaving the house a few days in a row. My Office has a D-Link WIFI router that allows automatic guest connections, but forces a login page for any sort of data usage. The PRE's constant attempts to connect was killing my battery.

Thanks
  9.    #1689  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    After forcing a restart everything seem fine.

Its seems I had forgotten to kill the WIFI after leaving the house a few days in a row. My Office has a D-Link WIFI router that allows automatic guest connections, but forces a login page for any sort of data usage. The PRE's constant attempts to connect was killing my battery.

Thanks
    I'm glad you figured out your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    Hi Dan,
    First off, thanks your app, Music Player Remix ROCK. Will the next version add visual equalizer? I am using a bt headset Altec 903 but it lacks of bass, so I want to improve bass by an equalizer or just a simple button "bass on", and I think most people will happy to see the equalizer on music player remix.
    I can answer this one as it has been asked dozens of times in the thread. Dan cannot access any equalizer functions with the current Palm SDK and API's. Dan can't change it unless he can get to the variables.

Same answer for volume control.

- Craig
  11.    #1691  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I can answer this one as it has been asked dozens of times in the thread. Dan cannot access any equalizer functions with the current Palm SDK and API's. Dan can't change it unless he can get to the variables.

Same answer for volume control.

- Craig
    Yep you're correct about the equalizer; however today while digging around the webOS doctor source code I think I found a way (using an undocumented api) to control volume. So at some point I'll play around with that to see what it can do.
    Yep you're correct about the equalizer; however today while digging around the webOS doctor source code I think I found a way (using an undocumented api) to control volume. So at some point I'll play around with that to see what it can do.
    I volume "boost" would be nice although I usually have the Remix volume set on lower than the highest level.

-CK
  13.    #1693  
    I volume "boost" would be nice although I usually have the Remix volume set on lower than the highest level.

-CK
    I was thinking more along the lines of providing finer volume control. We'll have to see if this is possible or not.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i tried a search and didn't see anything ..

I use Windows Media Player to sync to my Pre. I just transferred a bunch of sings with the genre Christmas (in WMP), but they are in a christmas folder on the Pre. Looks like they fell into 'other'.

Are the genre categories in the MPRemix predefined?

Also, after I synced the songs, I created a playlist in WMP of the songs, went to windows explorer and renamed the playlist file to .m3u and the remix isn't recognizing the playlist.

any thoughts?

Edit: i did copy the m3u file to the music folder on the pre
    Last edited by tsnum4; 11/22/2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: added info
  15.    #1695  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    i tried a search and didn't see anything ..

I use Windows Media Player to sync to my Pre. I just transferred a bunch of sings with the genre Christmas (in WMP), but they are in a christmas folder on the Pre. Looks like they fell into 'other'.

Are the genre categories in the MPRemix predefined?
    The genres are retrieved from the webOS media service (the same one used by the built-in music app). So whatever the service returns is what my app displays.

Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    Also, after I synced the songs, I created a playlist in WMP of the songs, went to windows explorer and renamed the playlist file to .m3u and the remix isn't recognizing the playlist.

any thoughts?

Edit: i did copy the m3u file to the music folder on the pre
    I'd suggest following the step-by-step instructions that have been posted in this thread (search for "M3U") as well as other threads in the forum. I know I've posted them myself several times.

If you're renaming files to ".m3u" then you're not doing exactly what I've done to get this to work. I'm not saying there are not other ways to get it to work, but all I know is the method I've used.
    I just noticed something interesting. Three people made their first PreCentral forum post in this thread today.
    All three of these people in their profile have birthdays of "November 30th". So am I just a nutty conspiracy theorist, or something fishy going on here? At first I thought maybe new members get "November 30th" as a default birthday, but I checked another new member and they didn't have a birthday set.
    My birthday was listed as Nov 30 when I first joined the forums until I poked around my profile a bit and figured out how to change it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I was thinking more along the lines of providing finer volume control. We'll have to see if this is possible or not.
    +1 +1 +1 - please please please
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    DanPCL, thanks for a great app. I hope you get it listed on the app catalog soon.
  19.    #1699  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    My birthday was listed as Nov 30 when I first joined the forums until I poked around my profile a bit and figured out how to change it.
    So this conspiracy theory has been shot down. Don't worry though, I'll find another one to jump on.
  20.    #1700  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    DanPCL, thanks for a great app. I hope you get it listed on the app catalog soon.
    I hope so too, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Almost 2 months ago, my Palm handler and I had a conversation on the phone and he told me they would eventually (in the next few months) be making the media API public and when that happens my app could be released in the catalog.

He asked me to send him a list of all the undocumented API calls I'm using and he would verify with the engineering team whether they would all be made public. Almost 2 months have passed and I still have not received any sort of response from him after multiple emails and voice mails. That in my opinion is beyond ridiculous.

About 3 weeks ago he forwarded my info to Chuq. Chuq wrote me and said he would follow up with the engineering team and get back to me the following week. Well that was over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from him even after sending him another message last week.

I understand that they're swamped, but it would be a common courtesy to write someone back (especially after almost 2 months) to let me know they're still trying to get an answer from the engineering team.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about my new app that I'm working on. What if after all the effort I put in to finish it I email my handler and he never writes or calls back? In my opinion, the app catalog team is not providing proper support to their clients (the developers) if my experience is any indication.