Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2523
  1.    #1661  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    I used this app a lot until the moment I relaized that it gets my phone stuck in headset mode. This never happens with original built in player.
    There's a known hardware issue with the headphone jack on the Pre that has nothing to do with the Remix app. Search the forums for all the threads talking about this topic, which by the way pre-date the release of the Remix app.
  2.    #1662  
    I just noticed something interesting. Three people made their first PreCentral forum post in this thread today. Two of them reported huge issues (battery being consumed in 3 hours, and headphone jack issue). The third person pointed out that flylists cannot be exported to a computer.

All three of these people in their profile have birthdays of "November 30th". So am I just a nutty conspiracy theorist, or something fishy going on here? At first I thought maybe new members get "November 30th" as a default birthday, but I checked another new member and they didn't have a birthday set.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Dan, I've seen it where someone on a forum gets their panties in a bunch and then starts "turf-posting" as other people to try to undermine the OP. This could easily be sleuthed by the board admin looking at IP address. Most modern message boards have a "what other users have this IP address". May want to report it to the admin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post

Since you're attributing your battery consumption to this app I assume you don't run any other apps all day long? If you are running any other app, then it could be one of those apps not closing up properly or mishandling its memory.
    My day with the Pre starts out dismissing the Alarm, then I read Email and SMS messages. The few moments spent doing that still leave me @ 100%

The next time I open an app is on my way to the Subway..that app happens to be Remix....I have no need to open any other app, because I cant get data service while on the subway....I dont play any games on my Pre (Lets face it..most of em suck)I keep Remix running until I get off the train about 20 minutes later..during that time I lose about 20%...This happened 2 days in a row after 1.3.1...Having switched back to the rriginal app...no such issues.

Its 5:51 PM EST...My battery is at 55%..I just launched Remix and has it shuffling a Flylist (great job by the way)..I'll post back my findings in about 30 minutes
  5.    #1665  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    This happened 2 days in a row after 1.3.1...Having switched back to the rriginal app...no such issues.
    Then I think you need to start using the original app. Boy I'm glad I don't have these issues on my device. I can run Music Player (Remix) all day long and still have more battery life than you're claiming.
  6.    #1666  
    Quote Originally Posted by hammysink View Post
    Dan, I've seen it where someone on a forum gets their panties in a bunch and then starts "turf-posting" as other people to try to undermine the OP. This could easily be sleuthed by the board admin looking at IP address. Most modern message boards have a "what other users have this IP address". May want to report it to the admin.
    If someone is doing this...it's really sad. I may write to an admin and ask if it's possible that these users are the same person, or if the "November 30th" coincidence is somehow related to their forum software.
    As a longtime user of Remix, I still think this is one of the best Pre apps. Through all the patch releases from Palm, it continues to work fine for me without battery issues. Perhaps folks ought to start looking at combos of apps.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Then I think you need to start using the original app. Boy I'm glad I don't have these issues on my device. I can run Music Player (Remix) all day long and still have more battery life than you're claiming.
    Then Send me ur Pre..lol

Hey im not here to **** in the cool aid..I love remix...just wanted to contribute in some way to what you have already done...and no need to get testy about it..if anything has changed, its WebOs..relax

Btw..the battery has already dropped from 55% to 50 % since my last post 12 minutes ago.. im going to throw away the card and head to the subway now...and suffer the wrath of subway preachers and various other noise peddlers ..see ya in 20

Edit: Come to think of it..ive been messing around with WIFI alot this week..that might be the cause.
    Last edited by mistaox; 11/20/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Hi Dan,

Can you in your next release have an option to keep Music Player Remix in the landscape orientation. I like the way it looks and functions. I think from a design standpoint it is way more appealing.

Fantastic work by the way. Keep it up.
    Use this app instead off the default Music app. And my birthday is November 30th LOL

I was hoping to ask you to add a sleep timer to the app? I like to listen as I fall asleep and this would be ideal. Any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I was hoping to ask you to add a sleep timer to the app? I like to listen as I fall asleep and this would be ideal. Any chance?
    +1

That is the only thing I'm missing from this app!
    Last edited by Pegsie; 11/20/2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: misspell
  12.    #1672  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    Hi Dan,

Can you in your next release have an option to keep Music Player Remix in the landscape orientation. I like the way it looks and functions. I think from a design standpoint it is way more appealing.

Fantastic work by the way. Keep it up.
    I'm not sure that's necessary. If you like it in landscape mode, then I presume you'd be holding your device in that mode. If the device is in landscape mode, then the app will be by default.
  13.    #1673  
    Use this app instead off the default Music app. And my birthday is November 30th LOL
    Such a small world! Happy early birthday!

So basically you'd want some kind of option to trigger a sleep timer which when expired would stop the player and close it. Is that correct?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea...I can add it to my list.
    I'm not sure that's necessary. If you like it in landscape mode, then I presume you'd be holding your device in that mode. If the device is in landscape mode, then the app will be by default.
    I think it would be cool to have an option to lock in landscape mode so that it doesn't rotate at the slightest flip of the device. It would also be nice to have this option so that it launches this way.
  15.    #1675  
    I think it would be cool to have an option to lock in landscape mode so that it doesn't rotate at the slightest flip of the device. It would also be nice to have this option so that it launches this way.
    I can't think of any other app that has both portrait and landscape modes that allows the user to lock the orientation. It just doesn't seem natural to lock the orientation on a device with an accelerometer. The thing that makes an accelerometer useful is that it can detect when you've turned the device, and if the app supports it, will change the orientation so the user always has a perfect view. Locking it in a certain orientation seems like a step backwards.
    I can't think of any other app that has both portrait and landscape modes that allows the user to lock the orientation. It just doesn't seem natural to lock the orientation on a device with an accelerometer. The thing that makes an accelerometer useful is that it can detect when you've turned the device, and if the app supports it, will change the orientation so the user always has a perfect view. Locking it in a certain orientation seems like a step backwards.
    Good point!!! Anyway, it was just a suggestion. Great work, you are a credit to the homebrew and Pre community.
  17.    #1677  
    Good point!!! Anyway, it was just a suggestion.
    Great work, you are a credit to the homebrew and Pre community.
    Thanks for the suggestion...I may not always agree with them, but I'll always consider them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammysink View Post
    They all have different IP's and have had their usernames long before now.

There are no battery issues with Remix.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/20/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Such a small world! Happy early birthday!

So basically you'd want some kind of option to trigger a sleep timer which when expired would stop the player and close it. Is that correct?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea...I can add it to my list.
    Exactly- Sleep in: 30,60,90 minute options. Like an alarm clock, so I can listen when going to sleep and still have the alarm wake me in the morning.

And many thanks for even considering it! Its something I think will be very popular.
    Hi Dan,
    First off, thanks your app, Music Player Remix ROCK. Will the next version add visual equalizer? I am using a bt headset Altec 903 but it lacks of bass, so I want to improve bass by an equalizer or just a simple button "bass on", and I think most people will happy to see the equalizer on music player remix.