Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2523
  1.    #1641  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Hi Guys,

anytime i start your App and then Resume Play ist starts at the Track/Time I left it before. Sofar so good. Then also it always has the button for "Random" active. I always have to switch this off. Is there any way to prevent this?
    Search in this thread for "shuffle" to find your answer.
    The thing i'm saying is that that scroller, which as you've stated, is slow and unfixabley so... i think that just sliding the keyboard out and using the letter you would find on the slider would be more efficient. I really want this app to be quicker, that is really my only complaint, i know how difficult coding can be, as i've taken quite a few computer programming classes in college. I'm simply saying that those big features which are slowing the app down, perhaps don't really need to be included. i didn't really mean to attack you Dan, i was kind of annoyed with filecoaster, and webOS quick install that day,and my irritation came out on you. i apologize, and wish to take back the points in my post which were offensive. i really do appreciate the app you've created.
  3.    #1643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpher View Post
    The thing i'm saying is that that scroller, which as you've stated, is slow and unfixabley so... i think that just sliding the keyboard out and using the letter you would find on the slider would be more efficient. I really want this app to be quicker, that is really my only complaint, i know how difficult coding can be, as i've taken quite a few computer programming classes in college. I'm simply saying that those big features which are slowing the app down, perhaps don't really need to be included. i didn't really mean to attack you Dan, i was kind of annoyed with filecoaster, and webOS quick install that day,and my irritation came out on you. i apologize, and wish to take back the points in my post which were offensive. i really do appreciate the app you've created.
    Like I mentioned before, I don't agree that the additional slowdown associated with the alphabet scroller outweighs its benefit. If I did, I would have eliminated it.

Also if I thought that keyboard filtering was easier than using the alphabet scroller, I wouldn't have implemented it. On a device like the Pixi, I think it would be more convenient to use the keyboard; however on the Pre, I find it cumbersome to have to slide the keyboard in and out just to search through the song/artist/album lists. For a mostly touch-centric app like the music player, I think it's easier to search for the items in the list via an on-screen alphabet selector.

And before someone asks, no I'm not going to be able to make the alphabet scroller configurable. Love it or hate it, it's here to stay.
    I love the app, let me thank you and apologize for the many INGRATES on this board. I didn't even know it could do landscape, just found out. Awesome.
  5.    #1645  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjgmoney View Post
    I love the app, let me thank you and apologize for the many INGRATES on this board. I didn't even know it could do landscape, just found out. Awesome.
    I appreciate the support, but calling someone an "ingrate" isn't exactly the most productive way to go about it.

To get back on a more productive topic... I'd suggest people check out the first post in this thread for a list of all features in the app. There may be other features you didn't know were there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yes like I mentioned before, this is due to the landscape mode changes and how the track info is being stored by the app.
    So does this mean this is a bug that you're working on, or something we just have to live with as a result of the "landscape mode" feature? I don't intentionally use/want landscape mode, but when I'm jogging, I have no idea if it's in landscape or not....

UPDATE: Nevermind, I read through all 83 pages of this thread and found that you said you plan to work on it. Thanks!
    Last edited by wcarlson40; 11/19/2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    can someone make a video player that plays videos on a playlist? i have like 120 music videos
    I use the alphabetic scroller daily and really see it being a plus for this app.
  9.    #1649  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    can someone make a video player that plays videos on a playlist? i have like 120 music videos
    Since you posted in this thread, I assume the "someone" you were referring to was me. No, I don't plan on working on a video player. And another related question that I sometimes get is whether I would do another "remix" project. The answer to that is also no. This project's main purpose was to learn webOS development. Now that I feel fairly comfortable with it, I plan on working on original apps.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Search in this thread for "shuffle" to find your answer.
    I did. 139 Search Results. I did not read all of them. Only all from the first and the last page. But I didn't find the answer I was looking for
  11.    #1651  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I did. 139 Search Results. I did not read all of them. Only all from the first and the last page. But I didn't find the answer I was looking for
    I'm not sure why you checked the last page instead of the second page (where there happens to be one of the many previous discussions of this topic).
    Is there any way to change the order of tracks on a flylist and save it so the tracks will play in the same order every time?

Searched this tread and was not able to tell for sure...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  13.    #1653  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to change the order of tracks on a flylist and save it so the tracks will play in the same order every time?

Searched this tread and was not able to tell for sure...
    It's on my to-do list. One day I'll add this ability.
    Its not a big deal but while in card view the time indicator of a song is not moving can you make it so its live.
  15.    #1655  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Its not a big deal but while in card view the time indicator of a song is not moving can you make it so its live.
    If you check out the changelog (in the first post of this thread), you'll see the second version of the app (0.5.1) removed this ability specifically because it was causing CPU and battery issues with users.

So no, I won't be able to add this back in. I think CPU and battery conservation is far more important than a minimized card updating its time indicators.
    How would I extract a flylist off the Pre so I could use it in Winamp or Mediamonkey?
  17.    #1657  
    Quote Originally Posted by hartheim View Post
    How would I extract a flylist off the Pre so I could use it in Winamp or Mediamonkey?
    You can't. If you need your playlists to be available on both your Pre and computer, I'd suggest using regular M3U playlists that you can create on your computer. Search this thread (and the rest of the forum) for instructions on how to create the playlists and transfer them to the device.
    Ever since WebOs 1.3.1, Ive notice that Music Player (Remix) basically devours the battery . My Pre gets very warm and goes from 100% to the 20% warning within 3 hours...and continues to drain rapidly even after I throw away the card.

Anyone else notice this?
  19.    #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Ever since WebOs 1.3.1, Ive notice that Music Player (Remix) basically devours the battery . My Pre gets very warm and goes from 100% to the 20% warning within 3 hours...and continues to drain rapidly even after I throw away the card.

Anyone else notice this?
    I haven't experienced this. I use the player all day at work and haven't seen battery consumption anywhere near those levels.

Since you're attributing your battery consumption to this app I assume you don't run any other apps all day long? If you are running any other app, then it could be one of those apps not closing up properly or mishandling its memory.
    I used this app a lot until the moment I relaized that it gets my phone stuck in headset mode. This never happens with original built in player.