Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2523
  1.    #1621  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Searched the thread and found the information. I can't get it to work for me. Is there a software that creates the list? I've saved the playlists as M3U and saved the M3U files in my iTunes music folders, but the playlists are created from songs from various alblums so they aren't all in one folder other than being in MyMusic or MyMusic iTunes.
    I've only used the WMP method where files are in the same folder and the M3U is saved to the same folder. I don't know if it's possible to create a playlist with files from multiple folders. I'd search through the forums to see if you can find your answer.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I hate to say it, but I feel that this software has feature bloat to the point where it is too slow to use, and there are stutters in the sound when switching songs, etc.

Dan, what would the chances be of a "Music Player (Remix LITE)", where you leave out the online stuff, and just have the "search by letter" and "slider" feature? When it was that simple, it was clearly superior to the native app.

Thanks for your consideration. You've obviously put a ton of work into this, and it shows.
  3.    #1623  
    Quote Originally Posted by hammysink View Post
    I hate to say it, but I feel that this software has feature bloat to the point where it is too slow to use, and there are stutters in the sound when switching songs, etc.

Dan, what would the chances be of a "Music Player (Remix LITE)", where you leave out the online stuff, and just have the "search by letter" and "slider" feature? When it was that simple, it was clearly superior to the native app.

Thanks for your consideration. You've obviously put a ton of work into this, and it shows.
    Sorry no...I'm not moving backwards. I'm aware of the sections of the app that are sluggish. The biggest thing is scrolling through lists; however in general, the app is snappier under webOS 1.3.1. I hope it gets even better in future revisions of the OS.

Also switching tracks in the album art view can be a bit sluggish at times. In future revisions, I'll definitely look at optimizing performance where I can; however I think in some cases I'll need to rely on changes in the OS to resolve some of the performance issues.

The "stutter" when switching songs is not due to an excess in features. It's due to an issue related to how I save manual bookmarks. I've discussed this before several times in this thread. In general, "features" do not cause slowdowns. What causes slowdowns are issues in the code or inherent speed issues in the OS.

The only "online" aspect of my app is looking up lyrics which does not affect any of the screens (an HTTP request is only performed when the lyrics screen is displayed).
    Dan,
    PreGame has confirmed that 1.3.1 broke filecoaster. Would you kindly suggest some easy work-arounds to update an app (like Remix) already on my Pre? (Please be gentle as I am not technically inclined.)
  5.    #1625  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlincom View Post
    Dan,
    PreGame has confirmed that 1.3.1 broke filecoaster. Would you kindly suggest some easy work-arounds to update an app (like Remix) already on my Pre? (Please be gentle as I am not technically inclined.)
    The only other ways I'm aware of would be Preware, WebOS Quick Install, or using the SDK.

Some people in this thread have reported issues using Preware with my app; however if Filecoaster is really broken, then they must be using something to update my app because I've noticed an uptick in the app's download count since I released version 0.12.2.

Perhaps others can comment on which tools they use to update the app. I personally use the SDK command-line tools since I connect my Pre to my computer for development.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've not had any issues installing/updating Music Player (Remix), using Preware.

Regards,
    -JerryG

PS - Dan, thanks yet again!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Once upon a time there was a sad little music app on the pre, then a magical being came along and created remix, which was far superior to the original app, and changed the musical lives of all those it touched... as the app grew it got more followers and became far more than what was necessary in the beginning, which was mostly good, until now that its so freakin' slow that it makes me want to throw up and eat it, and i could while waiting for the artist screen to work. seriously amazing app, but far too slow for me to bother with anymore, plus the original app now has a scrubber, and is remarkably quicker to load than this app. if this speed issue gets fixed, i'm going to use this again, but until then... meh. it all started, methinks, when there was a mini scroller within the album and artist menus. i'd like to know when this gets fixed for sure... The End.
  8.    #1628  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpher View Post
    Once upon a time there was a sad little music app on the pre, then a magical being came along and created remix, which was far superior to the original app, and changed the musical lives of all those it touched... as the app grew it got more followers and became far more than what was necessary in the beginning, which was mostly good, until now that its so freakin' slow that it makes me want to throw up and eat it, and i could while waiting for the artist screen to work. seriously amazing app, but far too slow for me to bother with anymore, plus the original app now has a scrubber, and is remarkably quicker to load than this app. if this speed issue gets fixed, i'm going to use this again, but until then... meh. it all started, methinks, when there was a mini scroller within the album and artist menus. i'd like to know when this gets fixed for sure... The End.
    For someone who at one time enjoyed my app, it's a little bewildering why you would make a ridiculing post like this. For future reference to other people visiting this thread, please provide any feedback you'd like, but if you want me to respond, please provide it in a constructive, non-ridiculing way.

But just this once, I'll respond. The built-in app loads about 1-2 seconds faster than mine mainly because mine does a lot more things during startup, most of which are database transactions to load the flylists, bookmarks, main menu ordering, etc. The extra features, at least in my opinion, far outweigh the negative associated with the small amount of extra time needed to load the app.

The same goes for the songs/artists/albums list in relation to the alphabet scroller. I would love it to be faster, but as far as I can tell, this is not possible if I want to implement a fully-functional alphabet scroller using webOS list widgets. But again, the extra amount of time needed to load the lists is gained back in the amount of time needed to find a particular song in a list.

If my app ever gets in the app catalog, I'll definitely put more time into trying to make it more efficient if possible. But until then, I'm focusing all my efforts right now on my next app because from my point of view, I'm very pleased with the Remix app as it stands, even with the not-so-optimal performance issues. I've replaced my MP3 player which I used to love because I think my player is better.
    When I upgraded to 1.3.1, the book mark functionality stopped working, unfortunately that feature was very useful for me. I had to do a partial erase as some of the tweaks I installed and uninstalled seemed to have left a residual effect that I felt made my phone slower... it was just a gut feeling. After the partial install I did see the benefits of 1.3.1 Unfortunately, Remix got wiped. So, has it been updated to work under the new web os? Are bookmarks back?

i still find this app faster when loading my 5 hr Stern shows... And the bookmark feature is just awesome. Although, would it be possible to just over write the same bookmark if bookmarking the same file?
    Last edited by igetdeep; 11/17/2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Ohhh... and another suggestion, can you make the portrait/landscape mode a preference setting? That way it's consistent whenever I use this app and won't rotate when I hold the phone a certain way?

OH and one more thing, volume control has always been annoying on the Palm, is it possible to "lock" the volume controls when the screen is turned off? That way the volume does not go up or down when I pull the phone off from it's pouch?
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by igetdeep View Post
    When I upgraded to 1.3.1, the book mark functionality stopped working, unfortunately that feature was very useful for me. I had to do a partial erase as some of the tweaks I installed and uninstalled seemed to have left a residual effect that I felt made my phone slower... it was just a gut feeling. After the partial install I did see the benefits of 1.3.1 Unfortunately, Remix got wiped. So, has it been updated to work under the new web os? Are bookmarks back?
    The latest version of the app (0.12.2) fixed the bookmark issue under 1.3.1. The app's change long can be found in the original post of this thread. This is the first place you should check to find out what features/fixes are included in the latest release.

i still find this app faster when loading my 5 hr Stern shows... And the bookmark feature is just awesome. Although, would it be possible to just over write the same bookmark if bookmarking the same file?
    I think there would be cases where people would want to save bookmarks at different times in the same file, which is why I included the ability to do this.

Ohhh... and another suggestion, can you make the portrait/landscape mode a preference setting? That way it's consistent whenever I use this app and won't rotate when I hold the phone a certain way?
    The whole point of the portrait/landscape feature is that when you turn the phone to landscape mode, you can use it without having to look at everything from a side angle. So no, it's not going to be an option.

OH and one more thing, volume control has always been annoying on the Palm, is it possible to "lock" the volume controls when the screen is turned off? That way the volume does not go up or down when I pull the phone off from it's pouch?
    That may be possible using an undocumented API. I do see how that would be useful in the scenario you described; however, there are times when I like to adjust the volume when the screen is off, so I'm not sure if this is the best thing to do.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    are you for real MURPHER? As you can tell by my post count, I am somewhat 'new' - but only to posting - i've been reading the forums since I got my Pre in June. I'm curious about something...how much did you pay for this app? The same as the rest of us I'm sure! (not that paying for it would make your ramble right...just a reminder) I find it rather tasteless, classless, and pointless to make a post like you made...and quite frankly, i'm embarrassed for you! Suggestions and/or ideas are one thing, but your post is entirely unnecessary!

DanPLC...on behalf of the rest of the PreWorld I'd like to say thank you for all the time you put into making people from across the world's "music lives" with the Pre tremendously more enjoyable and efficient. I, for one, am illiterate when it comes to anything 'under the hood' and am amazed at and appreciative of the work of all the developers. Keep up the good work and know that posts like Murpher's should be used for nothing more than wiping his mouth after he enjoys his vomit.

p.sout
    Is it normal for the battery to drain incredibly fast while playing music? Either of A2DP or standard headphones, playing music through either music player just gobbles up the battery. I've played maybe 5 songs, and have lost 10% of my battery. I have full bars of service, so that is not what is draining it, as well as being a constant issue.

What the hell is the point of this phone. Anything I do kills the battery. Pandora? Don't even think about it! Web browser? Maybe if you are plugged in. AIM? HAHAHA.

I am not trolling. I have had the pre since day 1, hoping every day since that maybe a firmware update would come out that addresses this defect. I got a spare battery from a Sprint store months ago, but do not think I should ever have to use it with normal usage in 1 day. Why include all these features of even the most basic use of them renders my phone dead in a few short hours.

/rant
    Dan, all my Music got deleted (somehow) from my Pre (perhaps from 1.3.1). I uploaded the (MP3) files again and (here's my question) - do I have to recreate the flylists from scratch?
  15.    #1635  
    Dan, all my Music got deleted (somehow) from my Pre (perhaps from 1.3.1). I uploaded the (MP3) files again and (here's my question) - do I have to recreate the flylists from scratch?
    You shouldn't have to re-create the flylists. Try it out and let me know if it worked.
    No, (after the first pass at it) it is not working.
  17.    #1637  
    No, (after the first pass at it) it is not working.
    Specifically what it is doing when you try selecting a flylist from the list.

Are all the files that were in the flylist originally back on the device? If so, are they in the same folder structure as before?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

anytime i start your App and then Resume Play ist starts at the Track/Time I left it before. Sofar so good. Then also it always has the button for "Random" active. I always have to switch this off. Is there any way to prevent this?
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else is completely anal like me and edits all the tags of their songs to change the artist name to "lastname, firstname"? It drives me bananas to have my artists sorting by their first names when they should sort by last name, and while there is a "Sort Artist" field in the iTunes tags, neither the built-in music player nor this remix player seems to use that field for anything. I wouldn't even really notice or care except for the fact that apparently the lyrics search only works when the artist tag is "firstname lastname". If there was any way for me to be able to leave the "Artist" field as "firstname lastname" for the lyrics search, but then have everything sorted by the "Sort Artist" field, that would be amazing. Of course, if I'm alone in my particular quirk, or if this isn't possible to do, please feel free to ignore this request.

As always, thank you SO much for all of the work you've done on this app and for sharing it with the rest of us. =)
  20.    #1640  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else is completely anal like me and edits all the tags of their songs to change the artist name to "lastname, firstname"? It drives me bananas to have my artists sorting by their first names when they should sort by last name, and while there is a "Sort Artist" field in the iTunes tags, neither the built-in music player nor this remix player seems to use that field for anything. I wouldn't even really notice or care except for the fact that apparently the lyrics search only works when the artist tag is "firstname lastname". If there was any way for me to be able to leave the "Artist" field as "firstname lastname" for the lyrics search, but then have everything sorted by the "Sort Artist" field, that would be amazing. Of course, if I'm alone in my particular quirk, or if this isn't possible to do, please feel free to ignore this request.

As always, thank you SO much for all of the work you've done on this app and for sharing it with the rest of us. =)
    Unfortanely, the app only has access to the data provided by the webOS media service, and "Sort Artist" is not one the pieces of data available.

I'm hoping in the future that more tag data is made available in the API.