Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2523
  1.    #1581  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Ok, figured out the save-as-m3u part, thanks. Dragged the m3u and music folders on to the Pre. The playlist doesn't even show up at all.
    Make sure you copy the m3u file to the same directory on your computer that contains the music files that you dragged into the WMP playlist pane.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 11/13/2009 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Make sure you copy the m3u file to the same directory on your computer that contains the music files that you dragged into the WMP playlist pane.
    Thanks. I kinda gave up on the WMP thing because it's really not the path I want to take.

For clarity, here's the original scenario that broke the playlists:

• Deleted all iTunes content from the phone.
    • Launched DT, iTunes library was imported.
    • Plugged in my Pre in USB mode.
    • Checked the playlists I wanted (there were only 2 lists).
    • Sync'd

Everything worked great.

• Bought some new music.
    • Imported it into iTunes.
    • Updated playlists in iTunes (I use the star rating system to generate my large play list).
    • Opened DT and emptied out the current playlists.
    • Selected all items in the iTunes playlists and dragged them over.
    • I did this for 2 lists.
    • Sync'd my Pre.
    • The sync was very fast since 99% of the music was already on the phone.

At this point the playlists broke. The songs were still on the phone and the playlists look valid in a text editor but the Pre only recognized a few songs.

What I ended up doing last night is as follows:

• Plugged in my Pre.
    • Unchecked all playlists.
    • Added a very small play list.
    • Sync'd.

This basically wiped the phone (although interestingly it leaves the folders behind).

• Unchecked the tiny playlist.
    • Checked the playlists I want.
    • Sync'd again.

After this "full refresh" the playlists are again working. Not really the way I want to do it...but it worked.

Note that when I wipe the phone and re-sync, the first time I launch the Music app there is a delay...I wonder if the Pre is maintaining some sort of internal database and, by wiping and re-adding the playlist without wiping and re-adding the music, something got out of sync? Is there a chance you could add a feature to Music Player (Remix) to force this update?

FWIW, I'm a software engineer/database engineer by trade so don't be afraid to throw technical jargon at me if there's anything I can do to help investigate.

Here's the thread I've got going on the DT forums for this: m3u playlist issues with Palm Pre - Help! Tech support for doubleTwist Windows - doubleTwist Community
  3.    #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Note that when I wipe the phone and re-sync, the first time I launch the Music app there is a delay...I wonder if the Pre is maintaining some sort of internal database and, by wiping and re-adding the playlist without wiping and re-adding the music, something got out of sync? Is there a chance you could add a feature to Music Player (Remix) to force this update?
    You're correct when the music library changes, the app does have a longer delay as it updates the library. This is not done in the app...it's done in the webOS media service. The media service sends the app a signal indicating it's ready. The app will wait until the service is ready.

So no, I can't force this type of update. And even if I could, I don't think it would be a good idea to cause an unnecessary (in most cases) delay for users everytime they opened the app.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    works just great, thank you. Just what I needed from the player... Don't need to play too many songs because of no expansion memory card and battery that depletes as fast as a shooting star, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So no, I can't force this type of update. And even if I could, I don't think it would be a good idea to cause an unnecessary (in most cases) delay for users everytime they opened the app.
    Sorry, I meant something along the lines of a button to do it at will, not at every startup.
  6.    #1586  
    I tested the app with the new webOS 1.3.1 update and it looks like most everything works well. The only thing I noticed that wasn't working was the saving of manual bookmarks.

The good news is the loading of the app is noticeably faster under 1.3.1. Also the loading of lists is a bit quicker.
    Dan, just a heads up, not sure it's affecting all, but the headphone functions (pause, skip to next song) are not working with 1.3.1
  8.    #1588  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlincom View Post
    Dan, just a heads up, not sure it's affecting all, but the headphone functions (pause, skip to next song) are not working with 1.3.1
    Thanks for the heads up. Pause/Play is working actually; however, the "double-tap button to switching songs" is not working. I'll have a fix out in a little bit.
    Can you add the ability for Remix to see audio podcasts? The regular music apps sees Grammar girl and other audio Podcasts, but Remix doesn't. It's the only reason I have to keep the stock music app and remix.

BTW Remix sees my audible files. It can't play them, but it does show them. If you can add the ability to play aa files, that would be awesome.
    Yes, I tried it again, and found the pause/play is working. Although not quite like before -- it's a bit inconsistent. Regardless, you're the man!
  11.    #1591  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Can you add the ability for Remix to see audio podcasts? The regular music apps sees Grammar girl and other audio Podcasts, but Remix doesn't. It's the only reason I have to keep the stock music app and remix.

BTW Remix sees my audible files. It can't play them, but it does show them. If you can add the ability to play aa files, that would be awesome.
    As far as I know, there shouldn't be any files that the original player sees that the Remix app doesn't. Can you send me a link to one of the files that shows up in the original player and not mine?
  12.    #1592  
    Version 0.12.2 has been released

It contains the following fixes:

• Fix issue where manual bookmarks would not save on webOS 1.3.x devices
    • Fix issue where the headphone control to switch songs (double-tapping button) did not work on webOS 1.3.x devices
    • The app should be 100% compatible with the Palm Pixi (320x400 resolution)
    Awesome app, just wondering why the landscape buttons are green? Thanks!

-Jake
    "Aggies never lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."
  14.    #1594  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp89hornet View Post
    Awesome app, just wondering why the landscape buttons are green? Thanks!

-Jake
    I wish the honest answer was because I was trying to be creative. But the real answer is I made them from scratch using screenshots of the app's portrait mode and they just turned out that way.

The play/pause/next/rewind buttons are part of something called a "command menu". There is no documented way to alter the position of these command menu buttons. In landscape mode, I needed to reposition them to the right-side of the screen. So since there was no way to do this, I created my own images and used those.

Since then I found a post on the Palm development forums indicating a way to do this. So in a future release, I'll switch back to using the normal command menu and they'll look normal again.
    i don't know if it's just me but when I used the player with headphones and unplugged them afterwards, the phone head or ear speaker, not the one in the back, is not working. I tried plugging in the headphones and it works but when I unplug them the ear piece speaker doesn't work. I have tried to restart the phone several times with no success. Is it just me?
  16.    #1596  
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    i don't know if it's just me but when I used the player with headphones and unplugged them afterwards, the phone head or ear speaker, not the one in the back, is not working. I tried plugging in the headphones and it works but when I unplug them the ear piece speaker doesn't work. I have tried to restart the phone several times with no success. Is it just me?
    This has nothing to do with this app. It's a known issue with the Pre's headphone jack. The Pre thinks the headphones are still plugged in, so the earpiece and speaker are disabled. There are many threads in the forums concerning this issue, so you may want to search through them for possible solutions.

I had this same issue actually. The way I fixed it was to take a q-tip, strip off some of the cotton, dab it in rubbing alcohol and clean out the headphone jack. A bunch of gunk came out and ever since then I haven't had the issue.
    I'll try that. Thanks.

EDIT: Q-tip worked, and you sir, are a genius. Thanks again.
    Last edited by maleoutkast; 11/14/2009 at 08:34 PM.
  18.    #1598  
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    I'll try that. Thanks.

EDIT: Q-tip worked, and you sir, are a genius. Thanks again.
    I'm glad it worked for you. Actually the people who suggested it in the other threads are the geniuses! After all this trouble with the headphone jack, it makes me wish they included a rubber plug on the Pre.
    I'm having an issue where both music player remix and the regular music player are playing only 9 seconds of every song. I figure I put it into preview or intro mode somehow, but I cannot disable it. When I decide to do random of all the songs on my pre, I find that I have no issues. can someone please direct me to where I may find the ability to disable the into mode on the music player? (This has only been an issue since 1.3.1 if it helps)
  20.    #1600  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy.e View Post
    I'm having an issue where both music player remix and the regular music player are playing only 9 seconds of every song. I figure I put it into preview or intro mode somehow, but I cannot disable it. When I decide to do random of all the songs on my pre, I find that I have no issues. can someone please direct me to where I may find the ability to disable the into mode on the music player? (This has only been an issue since 1.3.1 if it helps)
    There is no "intro mode". I've used the player a lot today and haven't experienced the issue you're describing. If both the original and remix music players are having the issue, then it may be something with your music files or your device.

I would suggest deleting the songs on your device in USB mode and then reloading them from your computer.