Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    I noticed in Music Remix that the "The" band names still group together.

Any plans on implementing this?
    Patch MediaPlayer Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names - WebOS Internals
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I noticed in Music Remix that the "The" band names still group together.

Any plans on implementing this?
    Patch MediaPlayer Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names - WebOS Internals
    Yes, someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. I plan on including this change.
    I love everything you have done with Remix! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I listen to very long audio files (about 5 hours in length) and can't wait for the manual bookmarking feature.
    Here is my request: Ptunes on my treo700p had a feature to jump ahead 5min with each push of the button, and back 10 seconds with a push of another botton. This feature is very usefull with listening to long files that have commercials. The scrollbar is nice but hard to use to move 13 minutes ahead in a 5 plus hour file.
    Maybe you can add the buttons at the ends of the scrollbar?

Hopefully I am not the only one interested in this feature, and you can implement it.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I love everything you have done with Remix! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I listen to very long audio files (about 5 hours in length) and can't wait for the manual bookmarking feature.
    Here is my request: Ptunes on my treo700p had a feature to jump ahead 5min with each push of the button, and back 10 seconds with a push of another botton. This feature is very usefull with listening to long files that have commercials. The scrollbar is nice but hard to use to move 13 minutes ahead in a 5 plus hour file.
    Maybe you can add the buttons at the ends of the scrollbar?

Hopefully I am not the only one interested in this feature, and you can implement it.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
    I'm sorry but I don't think this feature is going to make it on my to-do list. It seems very specific to your needs (listening to multi-hour tracks).
    Awesome app, fixes a lot of my problems with the original WebOS media player. I do have one gripe with the original that I noticed isn't fixed in your app, though, and after reading through the entire thread to see if anyone else had mentioned it, I thought I'd ask about it.

I have several multi-disc albums that I sync over from iTunes. In my iTunes library, they're grouped as all the same album, with the "Disc X of Y" tag in their metadata; iTunes orders them as all the tracks of disc 1, followed by all the tracks of disc 2, etc. When I had an iPod, it would follow this as well. The original WebOS player, however, doesn't read the disc number tag, so when listening in Album mode, it plays Disc 1 Track 1, Disc 2 Track 1, Disc 1 Track 2, Disc 2 Track 2, etc. The only way I can make sure a multidisc album plays in the correct order is by using a playlist.

Is there any way to access the disc number metadata for album track order, or is this something the media DB doesn't even use? For that matter, I'm not even 100% certain this data is stored directly in the ID3v2 or if iTunes just places it in the XML Library file, so I don't know how feasible it is.

Keep on rocking the music app!
    Dan,
    This is my first post on the board and I have to say GREAT App! I have a lot of respect for people that need to get under the hood and make good, better.
    The bookmake feature (which sounds like it's on your development plan) would be a great addition. Again, thanks
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Awesome app, fixes a lot of my problems with the original WebOS media player. I do have one gripe with the original that I noticed isn't fixed in your app, though, and after reading through the entire thread to see if anyone else had mentioned it, I thought I'd ask about it.

I have several multi-disc albums that I sync over from iTunes. In my iTunes library, they're grouped as all the same album, with the "Disc X of Y" tag in their metadata; iTunes orders them as all the tracks of disc 1, followed by all the tracks of disc 2, etc. When I had an iPod, it would follow this as well. The original WebOS player, however, doesn't read the disc number tag, so when listening in Album mode, it plays Disc 1 Track 1, Disc 2 Track 1, Disc 1 Track 2, Disc 2 Track 2, etc. The only way I can make sure a multidisc album plays in the correct order is by using a playlist.

Is there any way to access the disc number metadata for album track order, or is this something the media DB doesn't even use? For that matter, I'm not even 100% certain this data is stored directly in the ID3v2 or if iTunes just places it in the XML Library file, so I don't know how feasible it is.

Keep on rocking the music app!
    I don't remember seeing this type of information available by the media service. As far as I can tell, the media service was designed to be pretty simplistic in what it serves up.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Very minor cosmetic bug: when listening to audio tracks more than an hour in length, the time remaining (shown to the right of the where-you're-at-in-the-song thingy) word-wraps it so the negative sign is on the first row, and the time below that.

Something like
    -
    1:12:35

Once there's less than an hour left, it shows up correctly ("-53:34").

Again, minor bug...for tracks this long, having the where-you're-at-thingy is very helpful! Thank you for putting this out there!

- Eckless
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckless View Post
    Very minor cosmetic bug: when listening to audio tracks more than an hour in length, the time remaining (shown to the right of the where-you're-at-in-the-song thingy) word-wraps it so the negative sign is on the first row, and the time below that.

Something like
    -
    1:12:35

Once there's less than an hour left, it shows up correctly ("-53:34").

Again, minor bug...for tracks this long, having the where-you're-at-thingy is very helpful! Thank you for putting this out there!

- Eckless
    Thanks for revealing this issue. I don't have any tracks over one hour, so I didn't even think of testing it. I'll increase the width of the two time elements.
    Is there any way to make it sort by "Album Artist" instead of "Artist"? For soundtracks and other "Various Artists" albums, it splits it up by artist so I have a bunch of bands listed that only have one song.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is there any way to make it sort by "Album Artist" instead of "Artist"? For soundtracks and other "Various Artists" albums, it splits it up by artist so I have a bunch of bands listed that only have one song.
    I actually prefer it the current way. I like to have my collection separated by artist vs. album. But everyone has their own preferences. Ideally there would be a way to change the sort order, but this is out of scope for this project.

Reading through this thread I see that people are passionate about their music listening. But unfortunately I don't have the time to create the ultimate music player. My wife's already starting to get pissed at me for taking up too much of my spare time with the little I've done already.

For many of these requests/features, I think most everyone here will have to wait for a made-from-scratch, standalone app. But even if I'm not the one to implement these features, this thread can serve as a repository of excellent ideas that others can borrow.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/25/2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    For many of these requests/features, I think most everyone here will have to wait for a made-from-scratch, standalone app. But even if I'm not the one to implement these features, this thread can serve as a suppository of excellent ideas that others can borrow.
    You do know about Blubble's made-from-scratch standalone music app right? I'm pretty sure once his app is released it will take some weight off your shoulders
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    DanPLC knows, someone mentioned it earlier.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I actually prefer it the current way. I like to have my collection separated by artist vs. album. But everyone has their own preferences. Ideally there would be a way to change the sort order, but this is out of scope for this project.

Reading through this thread I see that people are passionate about their music listening. But unfortunately I don't have the time to create the ultimate music player. My wife's already starting to get pissed at me for taking up too much of my spare time with the little I've done already.

For many of these requests/features, I think most everyone here will have to wait for a made-from-scratch, standalone app. But even if I'm not the one to implement these features, this thread can serve as a suppository of excellent ideas that others can borrow.
    Sorry, but I had to giggle...I think you meant a "repository" of excellent ideas.

I very much agree...there are thousands of "nice to haves" in a media player, and many of them conflict with each other. I agree with the "sort by filename/folder" post, I'd love to see cuesheet implementation, I don't agree so much with the need for playlists, etc...you can't please everybody. What you have here has a simple purpose and it does it well. Don't let this simple app get bloated or so feature-rich it's impossible to use (foobar2000 and winamp often fall into this category for me).

- Eckless
    Sorry, but I had to giggle...I think you meant a "repository" of excellent ideas.
    I lol'ed too

If the project is left open, I may try to work on it as well. I just don't have much time, nor am I the best programmer.
  16.    #156  
    Oh lord...it's been a long day...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Good app. I listen to books and radio recordings while on my weekly flights. I too would like some kind of memory where the program last remembers where I was on a file when I stopped the playback.

Good job,
    I actually prefer it the current way. I like to have my collection separated by artist vs. album. But everyone has their own preferences. Ideally there would be a way to change the sort order, but this is out of scope for this project..
    Yeah, Album Artist is a separate tag from both Artist and Album. For most albums it's actually the same exact thing as artist, because the artist that wrote the song is the same that wrote the album. However, on soundtracks the Album Artist is set to "Various Artists" so that those tracks get grouped together like that.

I totally understand the lack of time and it not fitting your needs though.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, Album Artist is a separate tag from both Artist and Album. For most albums it's actually the same exact thing as artist, because the artist that wrote the song is the same that wrote the album. However, on soundtracks the Album Artist is set to "Various Artists" so that those tracks get grouped together like that.

I totally understand the lack of time and it not fitting your needs though.
    I know about the separate "Album Artist" field, and I'm aware of how it's supposed to be used. But me personally, I just set it equal to the "Artist". I know it's a bit odd...but if Artist X releases a song on Soundtrack Y, I want "Soundtrack Y" to show up as an album under "Artist X" instead of showing up under "Various Artists".
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/25/2009 at 10:50 PM.
    soooooo there's no way to do playlists........?