Page 79 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2523
  1.    #1561  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    dan ur app rocks, sometimes though it tells me its playing a different song then it actually is and it only shows me the correct song when I hit the list view of sings
    Yep, I know. It's related to the other known issue where the app sometimes plays the song after the next song for a 1/2 second. It's related to the landscape mode I implemented. The original music player app (that my app is based on) keeps track of the current playing song in a really funky, unnatural way which made implementing landscape mode very difficult. It's on my list of things to correct.

Speaking of updates, there may be one coming right after webOS 1.3.1 is released. I was given access to the webOS 1.3.1 SDK and webOSDoctor image and based upon my initial analysis, I think there may some necessary changes needed to make the app compatible with 1.3.1. I'm hoping to start testing it this week.

There won't be any other features in this release. I've been completely focused on my next app. There's a lot of work to be done and that's where I want to focus my time right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yep, I know. It's related to the other known issue where the app sometimes plays the song after the next song for a 1/2 second. It's related to the landscape mode I implemented. The original music player app (that my app is based on) keeps track of the current playing song in a really funky, unnatural way which made implementing landscape mode very difficult. It's on my list of things to correct.

Speaking of updates, there may be one coming right after webOS 1.3.1 is released. I was given access to the webOS 1.3.1 SDK and webOSDoctor image and based upon my initial analysis, I think there may some necessary changes needed to make the app compatible with 1.3.1. I'm hoping to start testing it this week.

There won't be any other features in this release. I've been completely focused on my next app. There's a lot of work to be done and that's where I want to focus my time right now.
    can i ask whats your next app??
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Nevermind - I uninstalled, the re-installed it and now it works just fine.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Been using this app since you made it available, my most useful downloaded app so far. I have 2 feature suggestions (if they can be done): (1) add the ability to seamlessly play the next track. I have an album that has all remixed songs and the gap between tracks interrupts the songs.
    (2) Add the ability to boost the volume: I only have this problem in my car, where the output seems low compared to other sources in my car system.
    Thanks!
  5.    #1565  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Been using this app since you made it available, my most useful downloaded app so far. I have 2 feature suggestions (if they can be done): (1) add the ability to seamlessly play the next track. I have an album that has all remixed songs and the gap between tracks interrupts the songs.
    (2) Add the ability to boost the volume: I only have this problem in my car, where the output seems low compared to other sources in my car system.
    Thanks!
    1) This may be possible, but I don't have it on my to-do list at this time.

2) This is not possible with the current SDK.
  6.    #1566  
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    can i ask whats your next app??
    I'm keeping it hush-hush for now. It's something that I think will be unique. But I'll be unveiling it here when it's ready.
    They must not be structured in the exact way the Pre is expecting them to be in. Search this thread for "m3u" to find another method for transferring playlists.
    Thanks for the reply. I assume you are talking about the instructions in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1921204

Unfortunately it appears the WMP in Windows 7 doesn't have the "Save as playlist" feature...i.e. I cannot convert the playlist to M3U from WLP.

Do you have any details on the specific format of M3U lists for the Pre? I'm definitely willing to edit them by hand if you can give any pointers.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I assume you are talking about the instructions in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1921204

Unfortunately it appears the WMP in Windows 7 doesn't have the "Save as playlist" feature...i.e. I cannot convert the playlist to M3U from WLP.

Do you have any details on the specific format of M3U lists for the Pre? I'm definitely willing to edit them by hand if you can give any pointers.

Thanks!
    Here is what a successful m3u file looks like when opened with Notepad...

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,Achozen - Deuces.mp3
    Achozen - Deuces.mp3

#EXTINF:0,Beanie Segal - Feel It In The Air.mp3
    Beanie Segal - Feel It In The Air.mp3

#EXTINF:0,Big L - Furious Anger.MP3
    Big L - Furious Anger.MP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post

Thanks!
    Yes it does. On the right side where you have your now playing list, there is a little box with a check in it in the corner.

Choose Save list as.
    Hello,

First thank you for this great app.
    I wonder why palm missed these essential things in their App.

But i have a few things that could be better:

- When i start the app and choose "resume" or start playing a new List/Album the "shuffle" and "Repeat All" Funktions are enabled, even if i switched of this Functions before. It would be better, if the App remembers my last settings for this Functions insted of enabling them by default.

- It should be possible to add whole Albums to a "flylist" instead of adding only single tracks. For examble when you're listening to large audiobooks over many CD's like "lord of the rings" adding every single Track to the flylist is a horror.

- Scroling the Titles in the Library and Now Playing - View. Now You see only the first letters of a long title and the rest is cut of.

- Showing the (ID3-) Tracknumbers in the Library and Now Playing view.

Best Regards
  11.    #1571  
    Quote Originally Posted by spielkind View Post
    Hello,
    - When i start the app and choose "resume" or start playing a new List/Album the "shuffle" and "Repeat All" Funktions are enabled, even if i switched of this Functions before. It would be better, if the App remembers my last settings for this Functions insted of enabling them by default.
    Search the thread for "shuffle" for previous discussions on this topic.

- It should be possible to add whole Albums to a "flylist" instead of adding only single tracks. For examble when you're listening to large audiobooks over many CD's like "lord of the rings" adding every single Track to the flylist is a horror.
    This has also been discussed before. I have it on my to-do list.

- Scroling the Titles in the Library and Now Playing - View. Now You see only the first letters of a long title and the rest is cut of.
    Search the thread for "scrolling" to view previous discussions on this.

- Showing the (ID3-) Tracknumbers in the Library and Now Playing view.
    This is assuming people have their songs correctly tagged. I'm not sure if this is the case for many people, and if not, this display would not make sense for people. However, I may consider adding this as a preference.
    Hey, I wanted to ask if it was okay with you if I edit the musicplayer remix's icon in a theme I'm testing out. And if it is, what is the exact file icond directory name?
  13.    #1573  
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Hey, I wanted to ask if it was okay with you if I edit the musicplayer remix's icon in a theme I'm testing out. And if it is, what is the exact file icond directory name?
    I don't mind if you modify the icon for your theme. Other people have modified it in their themes as well. The file name is "icon.png" and it's located in the app's root folder.
    While this is a nice idea, I can't even imagine how you would do something like this. You'd have to have some sort of speech-to-text conversion and then correlate the text to the lyrics.
    Hey Dan,

Actually, for autoscroll, I don't think you'd have to go into that much detail. That would be HARDCORE if you could, but 90% of the autoscrollers don't do that.

The easiest way, if you want to do something like that (which I assume you probably dont), would be to set the length of the song as the length of the scroller. Then just divide up the page into something (say... 5 seconds?) and have the page move down once every 5 seconds.

I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but that would be one way to make that work. Personally, I think it's not worth the effort. Learning how to mess with the scroller is a pain, trust me. >.<.

Other than that, just came on to say keep up the good work! Still using this as my default music player. Awesome job!

Looking forward to your next project!
  15.    #1575  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    The easiest way, if you want to do something like that (which I assume you probably dont), would be to set the length of the song as the length of the scroller. Then just divide up the page into something (say... 5 seconds?) and have the page move down once every 5 seconds.
    Yeah I really don't think auto-scrolling is a necessary feature. It just doesn't seem that hard to have to scroll through a page to read the lyrics.

I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but that would be one way to make that work. Personally, I think it's not worth the effort. Learning how to mess with the scroller is a pain, trust me. >.<.
    Actually my code already auto-scrolls the page to the top when the track changes. I'm using the following code snippet to do this:

Code:
    this.controller.getSceneScroller().mojo.scrollTo(0,0);
    Other than that, just came on to say keep up the good work! Still using this as my default music player. Awesome job!

Looking forward to your next project!
    Thanks!
    I love the app!!!!

Please keep it coming!!!!

BEST music player out for the Palm Pre!
    I don't mind if you modify the icon for your theme. Other people have modified it in their themes as well. The file name is "icon.png" and it's located in the app's root folder.
    Really? I'll have to find a theme that has done it already. It'll save me some trouble.

edit: I'm getting an error 5. Is this the correct directory?

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm_.app_.musicplayerremix/icon.png
    Last edited by h3artl3ss; 11/12/2009 at 10:37 PM.
  18.    #1578  
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Really? I'll have to find a theme that has done it already. It'll save me some trouble.

edit: I'm getting an error 5. Is this the correct directory?

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm_.app_.musicplayerremix/icon.png
    No, that's where built-in apps are installed. My app is installed wherever all the homebrew apps are installed (I don't know the location off-hand, but I'm sure you can dig around to find it).
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    Yes it does. On the right side where you have your now playing list, there is a little box with a check in it in the corner.

Choose Save list as.
    Ok, figured out the save-as-m3u part, thanks. Dragged the m3u and music folders on to the Pre. The playlist doesn't even show up at all.

Also tried to sync with DT again and lost another playlist (the playlist is actually on the Pre, but it's not listed in the Music player at all).

This makes me want to go back to iTunes Palm really needs to get their act together.

I've reported this on the DT forums as well, maybe they'll have some ideas.
    I'm keeping it hush-hush for now. It's something that I think will be unique. But I'll be unveiling it here when it's ready.
    Oh please let it be a program like NVBackup for palmos! I would so easily pay $20 for that.