Page 78 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2523
  1.    #1541  
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    sorry, have not read the thread, but would it be possible to add auto scrolling to the lyrics section?
    While this is a nice idea, I can't even imagine how you would do something like this. You'd have to have some sort of speech-to-text conversion and then correlate the text to the lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I know it sometimes plays a snippet of the previous song when going to a new song. But it doesn't do it everytime. At some point I'll have to try to investigate why this happens.
    Apologies if this has been beaten on before, but on my Pre, it actually plays a snippet of a song that is 2 tracks ahead, then comes back to the next one.
    Example:

Track 1: Aurora
    Track 2: Stacked Actors
    Track 3: Generator
    Track 4: Breakout

Aurora is playing, and then it ends. A quick .5-1sec snippet of the beginning of Generator plays, then it comes back and plays Stacked Actors. When Stacked Actors ends, a .5-1sec snippet of Breakout plays, then goes back to play Generator all the way through.

This is happening more frequently than not, and sometimes just restarting the app helps, but then the issue returns. Other times I have to reboot the phone, but the issue still comes back.
  3.    #1543  
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    Apologies if this has been beaten on before, but on my Pre, it actually plays a snippet of a song that is 2 tracks ahead, then comes back to the next one.
    Example:

Track 1: Aurora
    Track 2: Stacked Actors
    Track 3: Generator
    Track 4: Breakout

Aurora is playing, and then it ends. A quick .5-1sec snippet of the beginning of Generator plays, then it comes back and plays Stacked Actors. When Stacked Actors ends, a .5-1sec snippet of Breakout plays, then goes back to play Generator all the way through.

This is happening more frequently than not, and sometimes just restarting the app helps, but then the issue returns. Other times I have to reboot the phone, but the issue still comes back.
    Thank you for the additional details.

You don't have to reboot your phone. The issue is going to happen regardless of a reboot.
    Thank you for the additional details.

You don't have to reboot your phone. The issue is going to happen regardless of a reboot.
    Right. It's just my way of temporarily clearing the issue.

Oh, it also only happens when playing via Bluetooth. I can sit for hours on headphones, and no issues. Bluetooth (JVC KD-R800) in my truck is where it happens.
  5.    #1545  
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    Right. It's just my way of temporarily clearing the issue.

Oh, it also only happens when playing via Bluetooth. I can sit for hours on headphones, and no issues. Bluetooth (JVC KD-R800) in my truck is where it happens.
    I've experienced this on my device with regular headphones so it's not exclusive to bluetooth listening.
    For some reason, a lot of songs that I deleted in USB drive mode still show up as being on my phone in the player. Of course they don't actually play, it will just skip over them to the next song. Any idea why this happens?
  7.    #1547  
    Quote Originally Posted by makemeweak View Post
    For some reason, a lot of songs that I deleted in USB drive mode still show up as being on my phone in the player. Of course they don't actually play, it will just skip over them to the next song. Any idea why this happens?
    I would guess they're located somewhere on your drive, perhaps in the ".Recycled" folder.

This really has nothing to do with this particular app though. The app gets its song information from the webOS media service.
    Hi DanPLC,

First of all, I'd like to send out respect and thanks for your work! Music Player (Remix) rocks!

I believe support for track star ratings and or the ability to delete unwanted tracks/albums directly from the device would smooth out the process of media consumption on the Pre.

I have come to really miss the track rating (0-5 stars) feature that's available in other media ecosystems (Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey, iTunes).

The ability to rate songs while listening and weed out unwanted tracks could provide relief for the 8GB storage limitation of the Pre. I can't count the number of times that I've ripped a CD, transferred to my Pre, and forget which tracks to delete the next time I plug into my computer.

Maybe even the ability to access the Flylists (as a text file or something) when plugging into USB would be a viable way to weed out tracks.

Your thoughts?
  9.    #1549  
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    Hi DanPLC,

First of all, I'd like to send out respect and thanks for your work! Music Player (Remix) rocks!

I believe support for track star ratings and or the ability to delete unwanted tracks/albums directly from the device would smooth out the process of media consumption on the Pre.

I have come to really miss the track rating (0-5 stars) feature that's available in other media ecosystems (Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey, iTunes).

The ability to rate songs while listening and weed out unwanted tracks could provide relief for the 8GB storage limitation of the Pre. I can't count the number of times that I've ripped a CD, transferred to my Pre, and forget which tracks to delete the next time I plug into my computer.

Maybe even the ability to access the Flylists (as a text file or something) when plugging into USB would be a viable way to weed out tracks.

Your thoughts?
    Search the thread for "delete" and you'll find my previous thoughts on the subject of deleting files directly from the app.

A rating system would definitely be nice; however any system I would implement would not be sync'd back to your computer. So I'm not sure how useful that may be. Ideally a rating system should be done at the OS level and it could retrieve the ratings from the files and then sync back any changes when the device was hooked back up to the computer.

As far as saving flylists to a file, that's not going to be possible. In the current SDK, there is no way to write files to the device. Again ideally on-the-fly playlists ("flylists") would be stored at the OS level and sync'd back to the device. But since I don't have that type of access, I had to implement flylists as a local database.
    i dont know if this has been answered but when im listening to music and the screen locks before i would turn it on and the lock screen would show but there would be the option to go to the next track and pause and go to the track before, but lately its been on and off, any ideas on why its happening? thanx again

EDIT-
    Nevermind figured out what was wrng, i accidentally changed the setting on the phone to not display notifications when locked, chagned it to let me see notifications and BAM worked hehe thnx again for the app i love it
    Last edited by Flush2810; 11/10/2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Customary: Great app, still one of the best! Also, you gave me some advice on debugging using Putty, thanks again for that, its been invaluable.

Now Question: I am having serious auto bookmark issues. I listen to audio books with each CD ripped long MP3s (~1 hour). The auto bookmarks are very erratic. Sometimes Resume Play works spot on. Other times its seconds, minutes or even up to 40 minutes off in a single MP3. Any thoughts on what I can do to have it not forget where I really left off?

Thanks!

If you need a sample MP3, let me know.
  12.    #1552  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Customary: Great app, still one of the best! Also, you gave me some advice on debugging using Putty, thanks again for that, its been invaluable.

Now Question: I am having serious auto bookmark issues. I listen to audio books with each CD ripped long MP3s (~1 hour). The auto bookmarks are very erratic. Sometimes Resume Play works spot on. Other times its seconds, minutes or even up to 40 minutes off in a single MP3. Any thoughts on what I can do to have it not forget where I really left off?

Thanks!

Yeah if you can point me to a sample MP3 file, that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post

Thanks!

I think sometimes you might be exiting the app too quickly and so only sometimes it is saving an auto-bookmark. It is my understanding that you have to zoom out of the card, wait a few seconds and then swipe the card away, in order to give it enough time to save an auto-bookmark.
    I don't know if this has been addressed anywhere before, and I lack the patience to scan through seventy-odd pages of posts, but I was listening to several files (mp3s, lossy m4as, and lossless m4as) with the app and things did not sound right. I went back to the native app and I realised that Remix was not handling the channel separation correctly; in fact it had, at the very least, reversed channels and everything was muddied and slightly distorted. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Recently switched from iTunes to DoubleTwist. DT created m3u playlists on my Pre that worked today but I sync'd again tonight and now my playlists in Music Player (and remix) only have a few songs in them. For example, one list went from 788 songs to 2 songs.

I've verified that the actual m3u files on the pre are correct (they contain references to all the songs). Only when I view the playlists in the Music Player are they missing songs

Any ideas?
  16.    #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan Black View Post
    I don't know if this has been addressed anywhere before, and I lack the patience to scan through seventy-odd pages of posts, but I was listening to several files (mp3s, lossy m4as, and lossless m4as) with the app and things did not sound right. I went back to the native app and I realised that Remix was not handling the channel separation correctly; in fact it had, at the very least, reversed channels and everything was muddied and slightly distorted. Has anybody else experienced this?
    The Remix app does not alter the way files are played back. It uses the same webOS audio service that the original music player app does.
  17.    #1557  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Recently switched from iTunes to DoubleTwist. DT created m3u playlists on my Pre that worked today but I sync'd again tonight and now my playlists in Music Player (and remix) only have a few songs in them. For example, one list went from 788 songs to 2 songs.

I've verified that the actual m3u files on the pre are correct (they contain references to all the songs). Only when I view the playlists in the Music Player are they missing songs

Any ideas?
    They must not be structured in the exact way the Pre is expecting them to be in. Search this thread for "m3u" to find another method for transferring playlists.
    The Remix app does not alter the way files are played back. It uses the same webOS audio service that the original music player app does.
    I realise that it is not supposed to modify the audio service, but somehow it did -- and it did it consistently across file-types and multiple relaunches and system reboots -- while the native app did not. I can only guess that it was a corrupted install as it appears to have been remedied by removing and re-installing the application.
  19.    #1559  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan Black View Post
    I realise that it is not supposed to modify the audio service, but somehow it did -- and it did it consistently across file-types and multiple relaunches and system reboots -- while the native app did not. I can only guess that it was a corrupted install as it appears to have been remedied by removing and re-installing the application.
    All it does is call a "Play" function within the audio service to play a song. There's nothing else to it. But if re-installing it fixed your issue, that's good.
    dan ur app rocks, sometimes though it tells me its playing a different song then it actually is and it only shows me the correct song when I hit the list view of sings