Page 75 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2523
  1.    #1481  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    When I open the flylist folder, Sing A Long appears there, but with 25 songs instead of 8. I have been adding songs to it, not realizing the other one was there. I do not have any music software that I use to communicate with the phone. I added all the songs by simply dragging them to the Pre Music folder. They are in Artist subfolders.

Grep found nothing that starts with sing
    I'm sorry but it's not possible that the item listed on your "playlist" screen is a flylist. Flylists are stored in a database. The "playlist" screen does not access this database. The only way something is added to the list on the "playlist" screen is if the webOS media service returns it as a playlist. This service obviously has no knowledge of my flylists.

I remember reading in another thread that someone was seeing songs appear on their device that they swore were not showing up in searches. I think they finally found it in the ".Recycled" directory which is apparently skipped in searches. So I'd check in there (or any other files starting with a period) to see if you find any hidden files.
  2.    #1482  
    Can you load up the original music player app and see if the playlist shows up there? It should if it's a normal playlist.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Can you load up the original music player app and see if the playlist shows up there? It should if it's a normal playlist.
    I unhid the original player (it was patched), and checked. The same play list appears there.

Again, I don't know what could have created this, as I have never used music software on a PC to create a playlist. I did a full search again (including hidden directories and files) for "Sing" using the software you have supplied, and it turns up no results.

I hope this is not a waste of time, but I appreciate your help! It's not hurting anything, it's just a very strange anomaly.
  4.    #1484  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I unhid the original player (it was patched), and checked. The same play list appears there.

Again, I don't know what could have created this, as I have never used music software on a PC to create a playlist. I did a full search again (including hidden directories and files) for "Sing" using the software you have supplied, and it turns up no results.

I hope this is not a waste of time, but I appreciate your help! It's not hurting anything, it's just a very strange anomaly.
    If the original music player shows the same playlist, then it must be a regular playlist and not a flylist. The original player knows nothing about "flylists". So you do have this playlist file somewhere on your device.
    Dunno if this bug has been reported, but i found the number on the main artist page not working correctly. here are the screen shots. Look at "No use for a name"
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Dunno if this bug has been reported, but i found the number on the main artist page not working correctly. here are the screen shots. Look at "No use for a name"
    Thanks for the heads up...I'll fix this in the next release.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    It's on my list, but low in priority right now.

The order of the songs/artists/albums are returned by the webOS media service. It would technically be possible to re-order the "unknown" (i.e. untagged) files; however, I just don't think it's worth the time doing this when people in this day and age really should have all their files tagged properly, especially since there is software out there that does this.
    Well 99% of my music is tagged properly but that one song/album showing up at the top of the screen is annoying. Unknown should be at the bottom. Or in alphabetical order under U. I was just requesting it as you have fixed a lot of the things Palm failed to do.
  8.    #1488  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Well 99% of my music is tagged properly but that one song/album showing up at the top of the screen is annoying. Unknown should be at the bottom. Or in alphabetical order under U. I was just requesting it as you have fixed a lot of the things Palm failed to do.
    There's 3 reasons why this would be low on the priority list, or maybe even not on the list:

1) You're correct that I've fixed several flaws/shortcomings in the original music player while working on this project. However, I don't see this as being a flaw worth correcting. I don't even see it as a flaw. If your file has no information in the song/album/artist tag, I don't have a problem with the app putting the item at the top of the list. Top...bottom...it's all the same to me. Again, this is just my opinion.

2) Even if I thought it was a flaw, the amount of work it would take to fix it is just not worth it right now.

3) Even if I had the time to do this, I think this would slow things down in the app even more. Right now, the app asks for a list of songs/albums/artists from the webOS media service and it returns a list pre-sorted. To fix this "flaw", I'd have to reload the list into a new structure and then move the offending items to the bottom of that list. That would probably slow things down a bit.

So I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say no to this one. If it bothers you and it's only 1 song/album, a quick fix would be to hook up your Pre to your computer and then edit that 1 song's tag with the correct information.
    Is there any way to resume a full shuffled playlist after closing the program?

I only have 300ish songs, and I always just shuffle the entire list...well when I close the program for whatever reason, open it back up and hit resume play it resumes that song but the shuffle order is changed.

Well I thought I could fix that by making a shuffled playlist of all my songs on the computer, so I loaded four shuffle lists onto the pre started playing it in non-shuffle mode, then closed the program. Restarted, hit resume play, and it goes back to that song but automatically goes back into shuffle mode and the list is all reorganized.

My problem with this (problem) is that I listen to music from my pre pretty much exclusively in my car (horrible radio reception, plus radio sucks), so whenever I have to close the music player I end up hearing the same songs over and over it seems like.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, I otherwise love the program!
  10.    #1490  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Is there any way to resume a full shuffled playlist after closing the program?

I only have 300ish songs, and I always just shuffle the entire list...well when I close the program for whatever reason, open it back up and hit resume play it resumes that song but the shuffle order is changed.
    I've thought about this before and so far I haven't thought of a good way of doing this.
    Do you know why having a playlist that is pre-shuffled doesnt work?
  12.    #1492  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Do you know why having a playlist that is pre-shuffled doesnt work?
    I'm sorry...I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There's 3 reasons why this would be low on the priority list, or maybe even not on the list:

1) You're correct that I've fixed several flaws/shortcomings in the original music player while working on this project. However, I don't see this as being a flaw worth correcting. I don't even see it as a flaw. If your file has no information in the song/album/artist tag, I don't have a problem with the app putting the item at the top of the list. Top...bottom...it's all the same to me. Again, this is just my opinion.

2) Even if I thought it was a flaw, the amount of work it would take to fix it is just not worth it right now.

3) Even if I had the time to do this, I think this would slow things down in the app even more. Right now, the app asks for a list of songs/albums/artists from the webOS media service and it returns a list pre-sorted. To fix this "flaw", I'd have to reload the list into a new structure and then move the offending items to the bottom of that list. That would probably slow things down a bit.

So I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say no to this one. If it bothers you and it's only 1 song/album, a quick fix would be to hook up your Pre to your computer and then edit that 1 song's tag with the correct information.

Alright, fair enough. You have good reasons.

Thanks for the excellent remix.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for making this. It fixes all my gripes with the default player, especially the insane delays when starting it up and scrolling through the list of music. Only thing I dislike is the "shuffle all" part staying at the top on the main menu - I never use this feature so it makes little sense to me to have it there. Otherwise top notch!
    I'm sorry...I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
    I use J River Media Jukebox for syncing. I took all my songs and made 4 different playlists that are "pre-shuffled" by that program. Loaded those onto the pre thinking it would just resume where it left off in that particular playlist. But instead it seems like when you press "Resume Play", that just causes it to go into "Shuffle All" mode, but starts with the song you had on when you quit the program.
  16.    #1496  
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Only thing I dislike is the "shuffle all" part staying at the top on the main menu - I never use this feature so it makes little sense to me to have it there. Otherwise top notch!
    It's funny you mention that. All I'm going to say is keep a lookout for a future release...there will be something related to this in there.
    So i got this weird little skip like, After a song ends it plays a snipit of a song then goes into the next song. Now it does this everytime. Any ideas?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  18.    #1498  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    So i got this weird little skip like, After a song ends it plays a snipit of a song then goes into the next song. Now it does this everytime. Any ideas?
    I know it sometimes plays a snippet of the previous song when going to a new song. But it doesn't do it everytime. At some point I'll have to try to investigate why this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by tibfib View Post
    love the updates to the application.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by tibfib View Post
    there are two things that bug me in the regular music player app and in turn, this app.
    They are:
    Not ignoring a, an, or the.
    +1
    I wanted people to be able to navigate through their songs on this screen without having to display the "next" and "previous" buttons, so I can't remove the swiping.

I haven't had too many issues with accidental swipes. It'll only record a swipe on this screen when the angle of the swipe is less than 45 degrees. But I can play with the speed settings and see what happens. My only hesitation in doing this so far is that I don't want to run into a scenario where people are trying to swipe more than once to get it switch.
    Dan, I am also having issues with scrolling vs. swiping while on the lyrics screen. I have been extra cautious about scrolling at a 90 degree angle, to make sure that it was not user error. It obviously doesn't happen every instance that I am scrolling lyrics. But so far, I have yet to make it through an entire song without inadvertently switching songs at least once. Could this be resolved with an option in Preferences to disable swiping while on the lyrics screen? When on the lyrics screen, tapping the music notification icon gives me the necessary controls to switch songs. Besides this one issue, this is a superior app!