Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2523
  1.    #1441  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    can you make it use smart playlsits, so i make a playlsit which pulls all songs with asrtist X and artist Y into one playlist and it auto updates as i add more songs to the pre?
    I haven't thought through all the details yet, but yes that's the way I'd prefer to do it.
  2.    #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    Nice, now it launches and does everything
    Wonderful! I'm sure that'll make a lot of the international users happy. This will be in the upcoming (hopefully tonight) 0.12.1 release. Thanks for testing it for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    sometimes the titles get stuck when skipping songs (in landscape) and sometimes the album art doesn't get displayed or is wrong... but just in landscape, changine to portrait mode it gets everything right, but sometimes even portrait gets the wrong title of the song... and that's weird, it displays the correct title for about half a second, then changes it to a wrong one ...
    Yeah someone else mentioned this and I was able to reproduce it by skipping through a bunch of tracks in landscape mode. I'm going to work on this a bit tonight and see if I can include a fix in the 0.12.1 release. If I'm not getting anywhere with it, then I'll just release 0.12.1 as is and fix it in the next release.
  3. #1443  
    Hello DanPLC love the app, Jason developed a swipe to delete patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ete-music.html for the music player. I don't use the music player only use your app. Is there any way that the feature can be implemented in your player? Love the index scroller, is there any way to make it just a little bit bigger for those of us with the big fingers?
  4.    #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hello DanPLC love the app, Jason developed a swipe to delete patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ete-music.html for the music player. I don't use the music player only use your app. Is there any way that the feature can be implemented in your player? Love the index scroller, is there any way to make it just a little bit bigger for those of us with the big fingers?
    The code to delete files was commented out of the original music player app. No, I don't plan on allowing music files to be deleted from within the Remix app. I just don't think that's a good idea. A user may delete a file from their system thinking they're only deleting it from the current playlist.

    I have contemplated playing with the width of the alphabet scroller. I'll definitely look into it.
  5.    #1445  
    Version 0.12.1 has been released

    Here is the list of fixes:

    • Fix compatibility issue related to orientation with European Pres running webOS 1.1.3 (Big thanks to Gav_Oracle for helping me test this new version).
    • Remove extra locale sub-directories to ensure app can run when device's locale is set to something other than "U.S. English" (Big thanks to figus for helping me test this new version).
    • Display an error when "Music Store" main menu item is selected and no music store is configured on the device.
    • Improve the way songs skip while in landscape mode (NOTE: This is still not perfect. When songs are skipped many times in a row quickly, the skipping still messes up. However under normal use, it should behave much better than in the previous version).
  6. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #1446  
    Hey dan, new update seems to work well on my german pre, thanks, I will try everything out today.
  7. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #1447  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.12.1 has been released

    Here is the list of fixes:

    • Fix compatibility issue related to orientation with European Pres running webOS 1.1.3 (Big thanks to Gav_Oracle for helping me test this new version).
    Hi,

    works on my O2 Pre without problems now. Thanks for the ansome player and the fix for our 'old' webos.

    HaPe
  8.    #1448  
    I'm glad it could be made compatible with both types of devices. Thanks for everyone for providing details on the issue.
  9. #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The code to delete files was commented out of the original music player app. No, I don't plan on allowing music files to be deleted from within the Remix app. I just don't think that's a good idea. A user may delete a file from their system thinking they're only deleting it from the current playlist.
    Again Dan, I love your app BUT....
    Organizing my music is the main reason I use your app and the Delete feature would be the most useful thing for me. I download tons of music from the internet, and then listen through it all on the Pre and delete the tracks I don't like. I currently have to keep the Internalz app open to perform the deletes which is a pain. I gotta tell you, the moment somebody comes up with a music app that plays from a file/folder structure and allows deletes, that is the music app I will embrace as my default app. And I'm willing to pay big $$$ for an app like that.

    If people are naive enough to not realize that deleting a song means deleting a song (just like deleting an email; and just like deleting a bookmark in the internet browser), then that's pretty sad. Furthermore they could always get their song back from their PC.

    Again I know I'm probably one of the few people left in this world that like to get my music for free off the internet and avoid iTunes, so I guess I'm the minority.

    Anyway, thanks again for all of your hard work.
  10.    #1450  
    In my opinion, the only place a "delete" function would make sense would be a file/folder browsing screen (if that was added to the app).

    However if I want to ever get this app in the app catalog, I really doubt my app is going to be able to delete files on the device. I just don't see them opening up that API. So odds are this will not be a feature I can add to the app.
  11. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1451  
    How do you delete songs from the Flylist?

    Thanks.
  12. #1452  
    Just swipe to the right, then hit the Delete button.

    You can add them back later, if you wish.

    (I just found this out myself!)
  13.    #1453  
    If you have any other questions about how to use the app, drop by my thread in the Homebrew section and I can help you out.
  14. #1454  
    i would assume there is no way to legally add support for audible.com audio book format? it is to bad audible wouldn't support this ability it would make a lot of their customers happy
  15. #1455  
    Does anyone else have a picture of a person as background ? Since the last update it displays properly on the main menu, but when I go to the songs menu or anything with the abc slider, the image becomes distorted (shorter and wider). Seems like the sliders pushes pushes it over instead over going over it, dont know why it would be shorter. It looks similar to the landscape display. It did this in the previous version, but only in the flylist view. Anyone else?
    Last edited by laingman; 10/31/2009 at 11:42 PM.
  16. #1456  
    Love the splash screen image, not crazy about the font. Kinda gimicky to me. I would have gone conservative with the "music player" and fancy with the "remix"
  17.    #1457  
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    i would assume there is no way to legally add support for audible.com audio book format? it is to bad audible wouldn't support this ability it would make a lot of their customers happy
    No I can't support other audio formats. I can only support the ones that are supported by webOS.
  18.    #1458  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Does anyone else have a picture of a person as background ? Since the last update it displays properly on the main menu, but when I go to the songs menu or anything with the abc slider, the image becomes distorted (shorter and wider). Seems like the sliders pushes pushes it over instead over going over it, dont know why it would be shorter. It looks similar to the landscape display. I did this in the previous version, but only in the flylist view. Anyone else?
    This has been mentioned before. I haven't had a chance to investigate this mostly because I consider this a low priority issue (probably because I don't use people in my wallpapers )
  19. #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Love the splash screen image, not crazy about the font. Kinda gimicky to me. I would have gone conservative with the "music player" and fancy with the "remix"
    I agree on the font. Why not go simple and classy?

    To DanPLC: Palm's whole design ethos is NOTHING like what you've done with this app. The splash screen background is busy, and the fonts are... really inconsistent with the rest of the device.

    I love the app, but the splash... is kind of childish really. And the texture on the "ABC" slider... again, why not black?

    And I wouldn't deem these "insignificant," as they are parts of the app we all see each and every time we use it.
  20. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #1460  
    I like the new splash screen. It's a million times better than what it was before. If you don't like it, design a better one and post it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions