Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2523
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    2. in my car i just push shuffle now and let it play, every few songs, it would play 1-3seconds of the next song, then it would switch to a new one. so id hear 1-2 notes from a song, and then a different song would start. problem only started with the upgrade
    I'm also experiencing this or something similar, as well. With the music player on shuffle, I'll click next and the display will show the next song, then the song after that, and then skip back.

For example, it's like song A -> Hit next. skips to song b, half a second will play. It skips to song C. Then skips back to Song B and song b will finish playing.

I think it does this when the phone is in locked mode and tilted as if to be in landscape mode.

Okay, playing with it while it's sitting here. I've been able to reproduce. If I turn the phone on it's side and hit next, it will do this. If i stand it straight up, it stops doing it.

I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
  2.    #1422  
    Quote Originally Posted by sqeet View Post
    I'm also experiencing this or something similar, as well. With the music player on shuffle, I'll click next and the display will show the next song, then the song after that, and then skip back.

For example, it's like song A -> Hit next. skips to song b, half a second will play. It skips to song C. Then skips back to Song B and song b will finish playing.

I think it does this when the phone is in locked mode and tilted as if to be in landscape mode.

Okay, playing with it while it's sitting here. I've been able to reproduce. If I turn the phone on it's side and hit next, it will do this. If i stand it straight up, it stops doing it.

I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
    I was able to reproduce this after skipping ahead in landscape mode a bunch of times in a row. I'll look into it and see why it's skipping ahead strangely sometimes.
    Thanks so much for all the hard work on this app! Trust me, all of us not so computer tech people absolutely appreciate it!

Here is the only reason this app doesn't quite work for me personally...

This is straight from the description of the app..."Automatically save your position in the current track and playlist when exiting the app. When re-starting the app, tap the "Resume Play" button at the top of the main menu screen to resume play."

This is the sole reason I downloaded this app. I am a runner and have a specific playlist I use when I run. What was frustrating to me on the stock music app is that I would start the playlist when I began running and when I was done running I would close the app. When my next run came up a few days later I would restart the app, restart the playlist and off I went. Only problem, because the playlist was starting "new" every time I would often (very often) here some of the same songs over and over again.

That being said, I thought that this app would make that problem disappear. Unfortunately it hasn't. Tapping the bookmark icon DOES remember the current song and DOES remember the current playlist. However, it DOES NOT remember "where" in the playlist it was. It starts from the song bookmarked but just makes that song #1 in the "new" shuffled playlist. It's as if I hadn't bookmarked anything and simply started that playlist over again with a "new" shuffle.

I hope this makes sense. Again, I think the app has some really cool features but the ONE feature I thought it had it didn't so that makes the app not much different from the stock app for me. Thanks again for the hard work on this app and I look forward to a reply. Who knows, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
    Hi!

one quick question... don't know if it has been answered before... but this thread is huge...

Will Music(Remix) ever support spanish?? i don't mean the text from within in spanish... but for example, i have a Sprint Pre 1.2.1 and in language I set "Spanish"

But if the Pre is in Spanish, Music(Remix) won't launch... (it launches, but it displays the same first screen as in the default music player but all the text grayed out)

I have to change the Pre's language to English so I can use Music(remix)

Any plans on supporting spanish language pre users???

Thanks!
  5.    #1425  
    Quote Originally Posted by ant17r View Post
    When my next run came up a few days later I would restart the app, restart the playlist and off I went. Only problem, because the playlist was starting "new" every time I would often (very often) here some of the same songs over and over again.

That being said, I thought that this app would make that problem disappear. Unfortunately it hasn't. Tapping the bookmark icon DOES remember the current song and DOES remember the current playlist. However, it DOES NOT remember "where" in the playlist it was. It starts from the song bookmarked but just makes that song #1 in the "new" shuffled playlist. It's as if I hadn't bookmarked anything and simply started that playlist over again with a "new" shuffle.
    This has been discussed several times...including recently. Please search the thread for "shuffle" to find your answer.
  6.    #1426  
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    Will Music(Remix) ever support spanish?? i don't mean the text from within in spanish... but for example, i have a Sprint Pre 1.2.1 and in language I set "Spanish"

But if the Pre is in Spanish, Music(Remix) won't launch... (it launches, but it displays the same first screen as in the default music player but all the text grayed out)

I have to change the Pre's language to English so I can use Music(remix)

Any plans on supporting spanish language pre users???

Thanks!
    I'm not going to have the time to translate the app to Spanish; however I'm investigating other options. The app currently has different regional settings available...including Spanish. However, they're not complete which is why the app does not load. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I remove them completely, the app may work but just be in English.

Do you mind if I email you a link to a test version and let me know if this fixes the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not going to have the time to translate the app to Spanish; however I'm investigating other options. The app currently has different regional settings available...including Spanish. However, they're not complete which is why the app does not load. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I remove them completely, the app may work but just be in English.

Do you mind if I email you a link to a test version and let me know if this fixes the issue?
    Sure, that would be awesome
  8.    #1428  
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    Sure, that would be awesome
    I've PM'd it to you (in your PreCentral mailbox). I'll be interesting in hearing if this fixes the problem.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yeah let me know what happens. Keep in mind that when you delete the app, you'll lose all your saved data (flylists, bookmarks, wallpaper preferences). If this data is important to you, you may want to wait until I release version 0.12.1. If it isn't too critical, then go ahead and try downgrading to version 0.11.1.
    i downgraded to 0.10.1. and it works fine. Version 0.11.1 do same things with my Pre like 0.12.1 do. sad but true
  10.    #1430  
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    i downgraded to 0.10.1. and it works fine. Version 0.11.1 do same things with my Pre like 0.12.1 do. sad but true
    I think you must have tried to install 0.11.1 over 0.12.0 without first uninstalling it. This would have resulted in version 0.12.0 staying installed (you can't install old versions on top of newer versions).

Version 0.12.1 will be out soon. The fix for the orientation incompatibilities is being tested now.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    no, i uninstalled 0.12.0 before installing 0.11.1. i did in same way when downgraded to 0.10.1
    This is a great app and the visuals are super. I can't think of anything more I'd like to see but I'm sure you'll be adding additional features in the future. Anything special you're working on?
  13.    #1433  
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    no, i uninstalled 0.12.0 before installing 0.11.1. i did in same way when downgraded to 0.10.1
    If I recall, you are running an even older version of webOS (1.0.3). It's possible you have another incompatibility other than the orientation issue that 1.1.x users have.

When 0.12.1 comes out, try it out and let me know how it works.
  14.    #1434  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    This is a great app and the visuals are super. I can't think of anything more I'd like to see but I'm sure you'll be adding additional features in the future. Anything special you're working on?
    Actually I have something very cool in mind for the next release. It's an idea I came up with recently. It'll let people find certain things in a more natural way. And no, it's not the universal search feature I've spoken about before. Although that would also be cool to implement.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Dan,

Is there a possibility of an option that would keep the screen on while the app is in use and the device is plugged into a power source? This may be more of a WebOs question...

Thanks!
  16.    #1436  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Dan,

Is there a possibility of an option that would keep the screen on while the app is in use and the device is plugged into a power source? This may be more of a WebOs question...

Thanks!
    I would suggest trying out the NoDoze homebrew app which keeps the screen on at all times. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's better than nothing.

Right now I'd prefer not to add any more undocumented API calls to my app. If Palm ever opens up the power management API calls and allows an app to keep the display on while the device is plugged in, then I'd definitely consider adding this feature as I think it would be useful to many people who keep their devices on their touchstones or plugged into their car chargers.
    Dan...thanx for such a a great app...i do have a suggestion or two ...would it be possible to to make Artists and Albums playable...(eg; if you were to select either Arists or Albums and had the ability to shuffle or play all chronologicly/alphabetically, kinda how by selecting Songs you cand shuffle all or scroll to a song and it plays in order)....

...in addition to that or a seperate thing all together, giving Artists and Albums the ability to add them to a Flylist.

...either way thanx
  18.    #1438  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    Dan...thanx for such a a great app...i do have a suggestion or two ...would it be possible to to make Artists and Albums playable...(eg; if you were to select either Arists or Albums and had the ability to shuffle or play all chronologicly/alphabetically, kinda how by selecting Songs you cand shuffle all or scroll to a song and it plays in order)....
    If I'm understand the request, you can already do this. Go to the "Artists" list, tap the artist, then on the next screen tap "Shuffle All". Once on the "Now Playing" screen, you can tap the "Shuffle All" button at the bottom of the screen to turn off shuffle mode. The same goes for albums.

Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    ...in addition to that or a seperate thing all together, giving Artists and Albums the ability to add them to a Flylist.
    This is on my list of things to do. I plan on letting users add songs, albums, artists, genres, or playlists to a flylist.
    can you make it use smart playlsits, so i make a playlsit which pulls all songs with asrtist X and artist Y into one playlist and it auto updates as i add more songs to the pre?
    I've PM'd it to you (in your PreCentral mailbox). I'll be interesting in hearing if this fixes the problem.

Nice, now it launches and does everything

sometimes the titles get stuck when skipping songs (in landscape) and sometimes the album art doesn't get displayed or is wrong... but just in landscape, changine to portrait mode it gets everything right, but sometimes even portrait gets the wrong title of the song... and that's weird, it displays the correct title for about half a second, then changes it to a wrong one ...

But all that is new to me i lost compatibility with music(remix) long time ago and didn't know why until yesterday