Page 71 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2523
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    Same problem as conum.

Updated to latest version today and now can't do anything with the program at all.

So far I've tried going to "artists" and "shuffle all" and both options cause the whole phone to stop working correctly. No other app can be opened, "Music (remix)" remains visible all the time on the top left and the card keeps coming back when swiped close.

Even tried totally removing via preware and then reinstalling, still does the same.

UK Pre with 1.1.3.
    i have the same problems, but i'm in Ukraine with CDMA Palm Pre running WebOS 1.0.3. reinstalling or downgrading the app version doesn't help
  2.    #1402  
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    i have the same problems, but i'm in Ukraine with CDMA Palm Pre running WebOS 1.0.3. reinstalling or downgrading the app version doesn't help
    Version 0.11.1 should work fine on your device. Has any version worked on your device? If so, what version was it? However, if you're really running webOS 1.0.x (instead of 1.1.x), then maybe there is another incompatibility with this older version of the OS. Or was this just a typo and you mean 1.1.3?

EDIT: By the way, when you downgrade versions of any app, you need to make sure you uninstall the current version. Lower version numbers will not install on top of higher version numbers. So when you re-install version 0.11.1, make sure you first remove 0.12.0 from your system.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/29/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Feature request: Skip ahead & Skip back

Two buttons on the now playing screen that allow you to skip back or forward by X number of seconds (configurable in the preferences).

For me this would be useful because I have audio recordings of a few shows that I'm in and I need to rehearse the lines. These audio files are over 45 minutes long so when I only want to back up say 30 seconds, it's very difficult to do with the slider.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OK, i'll try version 0.11.1. unfortunately, i can't remeber the version of working Music Player (Remix). maybe, it was 0.11.1, can't say definitely.
    about WebOS version - i really use Palm Pre running WebOS 1.0.3, and trying to get voice on
  5.    #1405  
    OK, i'll try version 0.11.1. unfortunately, i can't remeber the version of working Music Player (Remix). maybe, it was 0.11.1, can't say definitely.
    about WebOS version - i really use Palm Pre running WebOS 1.0.3, and trying to get voice on
    Yeah let me know what happens. Keep in mind that when you delete the app, you'll lose all your saved data (flylists, bookmarks, wallpaper preferences). If this data is important to you, you may want to wait until I release version 0.12.1. If it isn't too critical, then go ahead and try downgrading to version 0.11.1.
  6.    #1406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromius View Post
    Feature request: Skip ahead & Skip back

Two buttons on the now playing screen that allow you to skip back or forward by X number of seconds (configurable in the preferences).

For me this would be useful because I have audio recordings of a few shows that I'm in and I need to rehearse the lines. These audio files are over 45 minutes long so when I only want to back up say 30 seconds, it's very difficult to do with the slider.

Thanks!
    I have it on my list to come up with a way to do this, but I haven't really put too much thought into it.

One of the benefits of the new landscape mode is that the slider is longer and thus it provides more finely tuned scrubbing. However with a file as long as yours, it probably still won't be too easy to move forward or backward by 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    DanPLC, could you provide me with the link to 0.11.1? is this version still available?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    @DanPLC Sorry, I wasn't meant to upset you. I think it has been a while since I touched the subject. I understand that you give it the priority you personally want.

I am willing to pay for it (need to wait for 1.3 though, I'm on a GSM Pre), but it will most likely be the app that supports this feature first who will get my cash.

I was just hoping that this would slightly climb on your priority list. The app is compared to PocketTunes in the Precentral article. Well, PocketTunes has scrobbling functionality, so from that perspective for me personally this is a step back functionality wise. Not per se your app, but the Pre in general.
  9.    #1409  
    DanPLC, could you provide me with the link to 0.11.1? is this version still available?
    I posted it previously in this thread... search the thread for "0.11.1" and you'll find it.
  10.    #1410  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    @DanPLC Sorry, I wasn't meant to upset you. I think it has been a while since I touched the subject. I understand that you give it the priority you personally want.

I am willing to pay for it (need to wait for 1.3 though, I'm on a GSM Pre), but it will most likely be the app that supports this feature first who will get my cash.

I was just hoping that this would slightly climb on your priority list. The app is compared to PocketTunes in the Precentral article. Well, PocketTunes has scrobbling functionality, so from that perspective for me personally this is a step back functionality wise. Not per se your app, but the Pre in general.
    You didn't upset me...I thought it was funny actually. I guess you thought 3 times was a charm.

I just went to the pocket tunes web site and they charge $37.95 for their software. I don't have a calculator on me right now, but that's about $37.95 more than I charge. Plus, according to their site, it's a new feature in their latest release.

Also I'm pretty sure they have more than 1 person working on the app, and have been doing so for far longer than the 2-3 months I've been working on mine.

So I think you can cut me a little bit of slack for not having this feature yet!

Like I said, if I can ever get the app in the app catalog, I'll consider adding many more features.
    fantastic app.. loves it. is it possible to incorporate allowing the Pre volume rocker to advance tracks?
  12.    #1412  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritflare View Post
    fantastic app.. loves it. is it possible to incorporate allowing the Pre volume rocker to advance tracks?
    Even if I could, I'm not sure I'd want to override the volume buttons to perform other operations. I think volume control is important to the music player. So no, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this.
    If its already been discussed, when I search for a song and play it. Then tap shuffle sometimes the song that comes up after is wrong. Then I tap the list view and it still there.
  14.    #1414  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    If its already been discussed, when I search for a song and play it. Then tap shuffle sometimes the song that comes up after is wrong. Then I tap the list view and it still there.
    Can you elaborate a little on how to recreate this problem? I'm not quite understanding what you're referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Can you elaborate a little on how to recreate this problem? I'm not quite understanding what you're referring to.
    1. I tap a song in my songs list
    2. the song comes up in album mode
    3. I click shuffle
    4. then click list mode and the song comes up with different song name and aritist but same song still playing
  16.    #1416  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    1. I tap a song in my songs list
    2. the song comes up in album mode
    3. I click shuffle
    4. then click list mode and the song comes up with different song name and aritist but same song still playing
    After this happens, if you switch to landscape mode and back to portrait, is the song and artist names still incorrect?

Also I assume this doesn't happen everytime...correct? I just tried that out and the song name stayed the same for me. I'll try playing with it some more to see if I can recreate it. Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yes it's possible; however I would probably not implement this exact feature just because it would require users to patch their systems to take advantage of that (not everyone is willing to do that). So I would implement a universal search from within the Remix app.

There was a discussion/thread concerning a similar feature idea that talks about all of this. Take a look at that for more details.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-search.html

I read the forum, and I was not really thinking about universal search feature. What I had in mind is 99% of the time I use Remix, I already know exactly what I want, and that is almost always a playlist. What I was thinking is something like .playlist summer (summer being the playlist name) and the music app would open with that playlist. Same could go for a artist or album, or maybe song. I was not thinking of a search, sense that patch is just a command line executor. And how dsevil is implementing each app that is incorporated with his patch, is each app has its own patch that includes its self with his patch. So if you did do it, people could go on using remix without it, but could enable something like this through a patch.

I understand if you still do not want to do it, but I just wanted to make myself clear on what I requested.
    Last edited by fallen; 10/29/2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo fix
  18.    #1418  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    I read the forum, and I was not really thinking about universal search feature. What I had in mind is 99% of the time I use Remix, I already know exactly what I want, and that is almost always a playlist. What I was thinking is something like .playlist summer (summer being the playlist name) and the music app would open with that playlist. Same could go for a artist or album, or maybe song. I was not thinking of a search, sense that patch is just a command line executor. And how dsevil is implementing each app that is incorporated with his patch, is each app has its own patch that includes its self with his patch. So if you did do it, people could go on using remix without it, but could enable something like this through a patch.

I understand if you still do not want to do it, but I just wanted to make myself clear on what I requested.
    There are two problems with your idea:

1) There could be more than one playlist with "summer" in it. So you couldn't just have the user type ".playlist summer" and have it launch that playlist. You would need to provide a screen with search results.

2) Even if you ignore problem #1, the music player has to launch anyway when the user types in their query, so having them type it on the "Universal Search" screen won't save any time vs. typing it within the app. I think it makes more sense to have them launch the player and then do the search from within the player (on the main menu screen). What I would like to implement one day would be the "universal search" function within the app where the user can start typing something and a screen comes up listing all the songs/albums/playlists/etc. matching the string. This saves the user from having to type ".playlist summer". Instead they would just type "summer".
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    And if you have not yet donated to Dan, please consider it by going to the opening post in this thread and clicking his donate button. There have been over 150,000 downloads of Remix. If we each donated $10, Dan would be a millionaire.
    I just wanted to second Craig's suggestion, above. Not only is this app a vast improvement over what Palm's entire team of developers came up with, but Dan's frequent updates and high level of support in this forum are far better than that of many commercial apps that I've (regrettably) paid a lot more than $10 for.

The Donate link on the first page of this thread makes it ridiculously easy for anyone -- even those who don't yet have access to paid apps through the App Catalog -- to make a quick Paypal donation and support continued development of this great app.
  20.    #1420  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaber View Post
    I just wanted to second Craig's suggestion, above. Not only is this app a vast improvement over what Palm's entire team of developers came up with, but Dan's frequent updates and high level of support in this forum are far better than that of many commercial apps that I've (regrettably) paid a lot more than $10 for.

The Donate link on the first page of this thread makes it ridiculously easy for anyone -- even those who don't yet have access to paid apps through the App Catalog -- to make a quick Paypal donation and support continued development of this great app.
    Thanks for the testimonial...and thanks for making it your first post in the PreCentral forums!