Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2523
    yeah its a good one... Thanks for the hard work...
    Last edited by PdoubleU; 10/28/2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Great work on the player. i love the landscape mode and almost pee'd myself with the last easter egg. The clue practically gives it away. Thank you for all your hard work.
    dsevil just created this amazing patch, is there any way to incorporate Remix with it?
  4.    #1384  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    dsevil just created this amazing patch, is there any way to incorporate Remix with it?
    Yes it's possible; however I would probably not implement this exact feature just because it would require users to patch their systems to take advantage of that (not everyone is willing to do that). So I would implement a universal search from within the Remix app.

There was a discussion/thread concerning a similar feature idea that talks about all of this. Take a look at that for more details.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-search.html
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the easter egg yet. I thought it was the most fun one yet.
    OK, I'm just a bit late in mentioning that I found it... but work does come first!

And as for the latest version, I'll employ the oft-used phrase -

"I just _love_ what you've done with the place!"

Thanks again!

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  6.    #1386  
    Thanks to the help from Gav_Oracle, I was able to isolate what's causing European Pres to lock up when running version 0.12.0 of the app. It has to do with the way orientation changes are handled.

I should be able to create a new version that will work on both types of devices. So look out for the new revision in the next day or so. In addition to the European users, I'd suggest that U.S. users upgrade as well since this will be the version I'll be supporting.
    Glad I could be of help.

Now all we need is WebOS 1.3 and for it all to have been for nothing

Hope 1.3 doesn't break anything else in this app or any other.
  8.    #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    Glad I could be of help.

Now all we need is WebOS 1.3 and for it all to have been for nothing

Hope 1.3 doesn't break anything else in this app or any other.
    The undocumented media service that my app uses could change at any time in a major webOS release. If they do change it, then it could very well break my app. If that happens, I'll have to determine the nature of the changes and make a release to compensate.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I do not want this to sound like a complaint, just constructive criticism. So let me preface with I love your app. It is miles ahead of Palms. Its the only one I ever use.

But, it seems like its laggy since the latest update (0.12.0). I dont know what it is, but it just isnt as snappy as it was before.

thank you again for all the work you put into it. I really appreciate it as I'm sure others do as well.

I love the alphabetical scroll bar. So much better than the previous one. I know it was not in this update, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
  10.    #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I do not want this to sound like a complaint, just constructive criticism. So let me preface with I love your app. It is miles ahead of Palms. Its the only one I ever use.

But, it seems like its laggy since the latest update (0.12.0). I dont know what it is, but it just isnt as snappy as it was before.

thank you again for all the work you put into it. I really appreciate it as I'm sure others do as well.

I love the alphabetical scroll bar. So much better than the previous one. I know it was not in this update, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
    I need more information than that. What specifically is not as snappy? Also what version did you run previously?

I haven't personally noticed any speed differences. It's slow where it used to be slow (long lists and app loading, as well as switching between songs on the album art view sometimes). I don't think it's gotten any worse than it was before.

Maybe you can try resetting your device to see if things get snappier. I find this helps on the device in general.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    a lot of things seem slower. My previous version was the latest version (not sure what is is, but I always update when available).

Im not talking about the app loading, that is expected. It seems like when I click on artist, album, or any subcategory it seems slower. I've never had the "loading circle" come up until this version.

Resetting the device had ne effect.

Also, when using the alphabet scroll bar, it lags sometimes.
  12.    #1392  
    a lot of things seem slower. My previous version was the latest version (not sure what is is, but I always update when available).

Im not talking about the app loading, that is expected. It seems like when I click on artist, album, or any subcategory it seems slower. I've never had the "loading circle" come up until this version.

Resetting the device had ne effect.

Also, when using the alphabet scroll bar, it lags sometimes.
    On the song/artist/album list screens, the loading circle is never displayed unless you select a letter from the alphabet selector. So it's not possible for you to be getting the loading circle when loading a list. The loading circle always appeared (prior to the latest version) when selecting a letter in the alphabet selector, assuming the list was sufficiently large. If you've recently increased the number of songs/artists/albums on your device, the lists would load slower.

I haven't increased the number of songs on my device, so I haven't seen a speed change when loading the lists. That's just my perception...I don't have any quantitative data to support that.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    That could be correct, I just added 200 songs to my list.

If you and noone else notice the same thing, then it is just that.
    For those of us who are not interested in installing HomeBrew apps onto our Pre's, does anybody know if the Music Player remix will make it into the Palm App store?
    The Music Player (Remix) review was just released.

And if you have not yet donated to Dan, please consider it by going to the opening post in this thread and clicking his donate button.

There have been over 150,000 downloads of Remix. If we each donated $10, Dan would be a millionaire.

- Craig
  16.    #1396  
    That could be correct, I just added 200 songs to my list.

If you and noone else notice the same thing, then it is just that.
    Yeah it's definitely that. Unfortunately things get slower as you add more stuff. If a Mojo programming guru can help me out, that would be great. But currently, I haven't found a way to make long lists more efficient, especially when you need to be able to go to a specific item in the list via the revealItem command (like I'm doing with the alphabet selector).
  17.    #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMichigan View Post
    For those of us who are not interested in installing HomeBrew apps onto our Pre's, does anybody know if the Music Player remix will make it into the Palm App store?
    If the APIs I'm using are made public, then yes I believe it will.

But for the most accurate answer right now, I think this is your best bet: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ody-eight-ball.
  18.    #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The Music Player (Remix) review was just released.

And if you have not yet donated to Dan, please consider it by going to the opening post in this thread and clicking his donate button.

There have been over 150,000 downloads of Remix. If we each donated $10, Dan would be a millionaire.

- Craig
    Thanks for the great article!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I would still love to see it scrobble my music to last.fm....
  20.    #1400  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I would still love to see it scrobble my music to last.fm....
    This is like the third time you've asked for it! I get it...you like last.fm scrobbling. But seriously, do you really need to ask about it every few weeks?

Let me put it to you this way... right now this project doesn't generate any kind of substantial revenue for me. I spend as much of my free time as I can adding improvements that I think will be useful for the majority of users out there (myself included). I don't have the time to add features that would only benefit specific users (in this case, users of the last.fm service).

If the app ever gets into the app catalog and starts generating a decent amount of revenue, then that may change as I would try to draw in as many customers as possible. But in all honesty, I have many more cool ideas that I think I'd be implementing first.