Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2523
  1.    #1361  
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    This such an amazingly fantastically wonderful app!

The OG music player just plain sucks. I have never really been a portable MP3 aficionado, so I didn't know what I was missing until you enlightened me with this Remix.

The Lyrics is so cool... maybe its common feature on MP3 players I don't know, but I have never seen that before. All the folks on the city bus try to move away from me when I am singing along with my Pre serving as "air microphone". :-)

So Thanks Much!!
    You're welcome! Yeah lyrics are cool. I've never seen that before actually. Someone in this thread suggested it and I thought it was a great idea. I use it all the time myself.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thanks to danplc for the offer of downgrade to older version for us european users, but I can't bring it to my pre.
    If I try to transfer it via WebOSQuickInstall, I always get the "Device not found" error and I'm tired and totally frustrated of reading endless threats without finding any help.
    That's what I did:
    On 14.10.09 I installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar, after checking my java, novacmd.exe is intalled, everything worked fine, and I installed packet-manager-service and preware on my pre (webos 1.1.3).
    With this I installed many homebrew apps, and all went well until the update of musicplayerremix killed my pre, I had to softreset by four or five times.
    Danplc offered a downgrade for us european users at post #1349.
    Now I wanted to load this ipk-file from my pc to pre. I brought my pre in developer-mode, connected it, tapped on "charge only", started WebOSQuickInstall.jar, its window appeared, but it cannot transfer the file to my pre. It always says "Device not found" and "Searching device" no matter what I do (softreset pc, softreset pre endless, useless ....)
    What may be broken here?
    I didn't install any new software on my pc, only some homebrew-apps using preware, which updated itself in the meantime.
    I'm thinking, there might be gravious errors in WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Any help?
  3.    #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    Thanks to danplc for the offer of downgrade to older version for us european users, but I can't bring it to my pre.
    If I try to transfer it via WebOSQuickInstall, I always get the "Device not found" error and I'm tired and totally frustrated of reading endless threats without finding any help.
    That's what I did:
    On 14.10.09 I installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar, after checking my java, novacmd.exe is intalled, everything worked fine, and I installed packet-manager-service and preware on my pre (webos 1.1.3).
    With this I installed many homebrew apps, and all went well until the update of musicplayerremix killed my pre, I had to softreset by four or five times.
    Danplc offered a downgrade for us european users at post #1349.
    Now I wanted to load this ipk-file from my pc to pre. I brought my pre in developer-mode, connected it, tapped on "charge only", started WebOSQuickInstall.jar, its window appeared, but it cannot transfer the file to my pre. It always says "Device not found" and "Searching device" no matter what I do (softreset pc, softreset pre endless, useless ....)
    What may be broken here?
    I didn't install any new software on my pc, only some homebrew-apps using preware, which updated itself in the meantime.
    I'm thinking, there might be gravious errors in WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Any help?
    I use fileCoaster to install IPK files to my device. However, you'll need to install fileCoaster on your device using WebOSQuickInstall. If you still need assistance, I'd ask for help in the fileCoaster and/or WebOSQuickInstall threads.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thanks, I resolved my problem in a very simple way - it's astonishing:
    I resetted my pre again (left developermode) and now there was no problem for WebOSQuickInstall to connext to pre and installing directly from my pc.
    Is it possible to install a file from pc/internet with filecoaster without using WebOSQuickInstall?
    And:
    music player remix is running again. Thanks again for the downgrade until you resolved the problems with the newest version.
    I'll have a look on this threat before upgrading again :-))
  5.    #1365  
    Thanks, I resolved my problem in a very simple way - it's astonishing:
    I resetted my pre again (left developermode) and now there was no problem for WebOSQuickInstall to connext to pre and installing directly from my pc.
    Is it possible to install a file from pc/internet with filecoaster without using WebOSQuickInstall?
    And:
    music player remix is running again. Thanks again for the downgrade until you resolved the problems with the newest version.
    I'll have a look on this threat before upgrading again :-))
    Once you have fileCoaster installed on your device, you don't need to connect your Pre to your PC. Filecoaster can install IPK files over the wireless network.

Hopefully I'll be able to find the issue and workaround it. However it's difficult not having a European device to test with. Worst case scenario is that European users will have to wait to update to the latest version when their OS gets updated.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Filecoaster can install IPK files over the wireless network.
    preware does the same, but it is using the catalogs (feeds) from some sources and not from an url liike you gave us to install the former version of mpr.
    can you pause a podcast, listen to music and then resume the poscast at the place you stopped it?
  8.    #1368  
    preware does the same, but it is using the catalogs (feeds) from some sources and not from an url liike you gave us to install the former version of mpr.
    FileCoaster has option on its main screen labeled "File URL Download". This is the option you'd use to install an IPK from a link.
  9.    #1369  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    can you pause a podcast, listen to music and then resume the poscast at the place you stopped it?
    Not automatically; however you can use manual bookmarks to save your position.

But for podcast listening, I'd suggest trying out drPodder. I haven't tried it myself (since I don't listen to podcasts), but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Feature Suggestion/Change

Lately I have been listening to Audiobooks. I love that I can create a bookmark or even just hit resume play after reopening this great player.

My issue/problem that I am having is after the bookmarked or resumed file is finished, the next song to play appears to be random. I would prefer/think it could/would proceed to the next song in the list... whether that is the entire song list or particular folder/genre/album list.

IE... the audio book is labled from 001 thru 135 for the filenames and title names.
    When I resume or resume from bookmark it will play... let's say file 065, but after it is finished it just seems to randomly pick another song from the library. I wish it would proceed to 066.

Thanks and great work all around on this! It is probably my most used app.
  11.    #1371  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    Feature Suggestion/Change

Lately I have been listening to Audiobooks. I love that I can create a bookmark or even just hit resume play after reopening this great player.

My issue/problem that I am having is after the bookmarked or resumed file is finished, the next song to play appears to be random. I would prefer/think it could/would proceed to the next song in the list... whether that is the entire song list or particular folder/genre/album list.

IE... the audio book is labled from 001 thru 135 for the filenames and title names.
    When I resume or resume from bookmark it will play... let's say file 065, but after it is finished it just seems to randomly pick another song from the library. I wish it would proceed to 066.

Thanks and great work all around on this! It is probably my most used app.
    This was just discussed yesterday. Please search this thread for "shuffle" for the previous discussions on this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Not automatically; however you can use manual bookmarks to save your position.

But for podcast listening, I'd suggest trying out drPodder. I haven't tried it myself (since I don't listen to podcasts), but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    thank you
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Dan,
    My apologies if this has already been requested, but there is a WebOS patch for the Music app called Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names. This would be nice to have in Music Remix so these articles are excluded from sorts.

Patch MediaPlayer Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names - WebOS Internals
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    wow hadn't noticed the landscape nice feature
  15.    #1375  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    Dan,
    My apologies if this has already been requested, but there is a WebOS patch for the Music app called Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names. This would be nice to have in Music Remix so these articles are excluded from sorts.

Patch MediaPlayer Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names - WebOS Internals
    Next time there's no need to apologize. Just use the convenient "Search the Thread" feature. You'll find your answer very quickly that way.
  16.    #1376  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    wow hadn't noticed the landscape nice feature
    I'm glad you like it! I thought it would be cool for those people who place their devices on their touchstones while listening to music. Also, it's nice to have a bit of a different "now playing" screen to look at every now and then.

The reason I first implemented the landscape mode is actually because of the lyrics screen. In landscape mode, I made the font a bit bigger, and with the added screen width, it makes it much easier to read the lyrics.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I did search as you suggested about the shuffle issue.
    I see that it is on your To-Do list and that I am not the only one with the concern.

Thank you again for all your work on making this one of the best Apps available for the Pre.

I will patiently await the resolution and do what I have been doing to work around it.
    Totally awesome Dan. Almost speechless...THANKS (yeah I know I'm shouting, for joy. ) This device just keeps getting cooler !!!
  19.    #1379  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaran-2000 View Post
    Totally awesome Dan. Almost speechless...THANKS (yeah I know I'm shouting, for joy. ) This device just keeps getting cooler !!!
    You're welcome!
  20.    #1380  
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the easter egg yet. I thought it was the most fun one yet.