Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2523
  1.    #1341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Dan, I'm using ver. 0.12.0 and I've noticed that once I go into any menu that has the scrolling black letters on the right side, the wallpaper gets morphed. I've tried various pics taken from my phone and pics that I use as Wall Papers that render correctly. I didn't see this issue in the previous version. It's just an aesthetic issue but wanted to report it just in case no one else has. I've loaded the pics. One is of the main menu (no morphing), the second is when i get to a sub-menu (morhped) and the third is the card view of your app (morphing).
    Yeah I noticed this too. I haven't looked into this yet because it didn't seem like a super big deal.
  2. #1342  
    Dan,

    I really love the landscape mode!

    And an update...jhoff has got this patch working with the basic Music Player now:

    Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' in Artist and Album Names - so it sorts correctly.

    I know you have a long list to consider but this patch is now up to date with 1.2.1. I understand it is not just a cut and paste.

    FYI.

    - Craig
  3.    #1343  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

    I really love the landscape mode!

    And an update...jhoff has got this patch working with the basic Music Player now:

    Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' in Artist and Album Names - so it sorts correctly.

    I know you have a long list to consider but this patch is now up to date with 1.2.1. I understand it is not just a cut and paste.

    FYI.

    - Craig
    I appreciate the information, but having the patch be compatible with 1.2.1 doesn't help me at all. The source code for my app in the relevant modules is now quite different than the original music player app. The 1.2.x version of the original music player app is actually very similar to the 1.1.x version. They didn't change much in the music player app when updating to version 1.2 of the OS.

    Like I said, I have it on my list, but it's not something I plan on implementing right now.
  4. #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah I noticed this too. I haven't looked into this yet because it didn't seem like a super big deal.
    Yeah it's not. Just an aesthetic thing. Just reporting something that I had seen between versions. Still loving this app!! Thanks again Dan!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #1345  
    To those of you in Europe having issues with the latest version of the app, what locale is your device set to? Is it set to some variant of English? In the locale settings, do you have the option of changing it to "U.S. English"? If so, can you try that and see if the app will run afterwards?

    I'm trying to figure out if the issues are related to locale, or if they're related to the older version of webOS that you're running. My gut is telling me it's the latter, but I want to make sure.

    Also if someone can try loading up the "About" screen and letting me know if the app locks up. The only change to the "About" screen was the orientation code. So if the "About" screen is locking up, that should prove it has something to do with the orientation code.
  6. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #1346  
    in my german pre I can choose only european languages, including english, but not u.s. english.
    I don't think, the other european versions have other language-settings.
    I do also think the problems with mpr are caused by less functional of webos1.1.3 vs. 1.2.x
  7. #1347  
    Bugs?
    Using v .12 (current as of Oct 27/09).
    Bug 1:
    -Go into list of songs (Songs category).
    -pick first song. Song plays.
    -Album view (while song playing), notice that shuffle is on.
    -Turn off shuffle.
    -Pause music.
    -close app.
    -reopen app.
    -Resume playback.
    -Note that the shuffle is ON again. turn it off.
    -Every time you close and reopen app the darn thing turns shuffle on. Considering I chose a song from the Song category list (that is sorted alphabetically), why the heck does it keep insisting Shuffle should be on. If i wanted it on, I would have turned it on.

    Bug 2:
    - Listening to songs....suddenly it skips a song. Scroll backwards (album view) to song. It pauses very quickly and jumps over the song. it will not play the song. go through some unknown sequences of events (not sure what triggers correction) and come back and it will play the song.
    - Once it has started jumping over the song, it will not play, even in list mode.

    Bug 3:
    -Listening to a song....tap Lyrics
    -Song stopped playing to show lyrics.....thought ok...thats how it works.
    -Scroll back/forward to other songs and they begin playing when lyrics show.??? wth? How come the first one didn't??

    Thoughts...bugs...noted behaviour?
  8.    #1348  
    For European users running webOS 1.1.3 that are having lockup issues when running the latest version (0.12.0), here is a link to the last version (0.11.1): http://sites.google.com/site/hedamis...0.11.1_all.ipk

    But before you uninstall version 0.12.0, if someone could help me out and see if loading the "About" screen causes the lockup, that would be great.

    NOTE: Only European users having the lockup issues should revert back to this older version. This version will not be supported. Before installing it, make sure you uninstall Version 0.12.0 first.
  9.    #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Bug 1:
    -Go into list of songs (Songs category).
    -pick first song. Song plays.
    -Album view (while song playing), notice that shuffle is on.
    -Turn off shuffle.
    -Pause music.
    -close app.
    -reopen app.
    -Resume playback.
    -Note that the shuffle is ON again.
    This has been discussed before. It's not a bug...it's just the way it's designed currently. For references to earlier discussions on this, search the thread for "shuffle".

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Bug 2:
    - Listening to songs....suddenly it skips a song. Scroll backwards (album view) to song. It pauses very quickly and jumps over the song. it will not play the song. go through some unknown sequences of events (not sure what triggers correction) and come back and it will play the song.
    - Once it has started jumping over the song, it will not play, even in list mode.
    If you can provide steps on how to recreate this, then let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Bug 3:
    -Listening to a song....tap Lyrics
    -Song stopped playing to show lyrics.....thought ok...thats how it works.
    -Scroll back/forward to other songs and they begin playing when lyrics show.??? wth? How come the first one didn't??
    I just tried this and you're right it stopped playback, although I couldn't get it to do it again. I'll look into this.
  10. #1350  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    But before you uninstall version 0.12.0, if someone could help me out and see if loading the "About" screen causes the lockup, that would be great.
    The about page and even the easter egg on it works.

    Language settings on UK pre has just "English", "Deutsch", "Espanol", "Francais" and "Italiano".

    ---

    A summary of the tests I've done.

    TESTS:

    Top Left Menu:
    "restore default menu order": can be selected and doesn't freeze the device.
    "About": page works ok, can be back swiped with no problems.
    "Help": opens help page for Music app as expected.
    "Preferences": freezes device in way explained previously.

    Main menu itself: opens to it after splash screen, rotates and scrolls with no problems

    "Resume play": goes to now playing screen, then freezes
    "Shuffle all": goes to now playing screen, then freezes
    "Artists": goes to top of list, then freezes, right hand letter chooser doesn't appear.

    I've yet to try the other buttons from the main menu.


    App opens and closes ok, If you just stay on the main menu and close without pressing anything else.


    Hope this helps you with the problem.


    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Gav_Oracle; 10/27/2009 at 05:42 PM.
  11.    #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    The about page and even the easter egg on it works.

    A summary of the tests I've done.

    TESTS:

    Top Left Menu:
    "restore default menu order": can be selected and doesn't freeze the device.
    "About": page works ok, can be back swiped with no problems.
    "Help": opens help page for Music app as expected.
    "Preferences": freezes device in way explained previously.

    Main menu itself: opens to it after splash screen, rotates and scrolls with no problems

    "Resume play": goes to now playing screen, then freezes
    "Shuffle all": goes to now playing screen, then freezes
    "Artists": goes to top of list, then freezes, right hand letter chooser doesn't appear.

    I've yet to try the other buttons from the main menu.


    App opens and closes ok, If you just stay on the main menu and close without pressing anything else.


    Hope this helps you with the problem.


    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the info. I looked at the "About" screen and I actually don't have any orientation code in there. It'll change to landscape mode because the orientation code is present in the main menu screen code.

    So now I'm 99% convinced the orientation code is causing the issue. If you don't mind, I'm going to PM you two test versions of the app to find out if they lock up on your system. That'll help me isolate which specific piece of the orientation code your device is having issues with.
  12. #1352  
    Regarding the translucent default album art... Why not just make it invisible?

    Regarding the Shuffle ON after resume. I'm willing to bet that the majority of users would prefer it to be Shuffle OFF. You are developing according to mass usage right?

    Again thanks for all of your hard work!
  13.    #1353  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Regarding the translucent default album art... Why not just make it invisible?
    I think having something displayed looks better than nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Regarding the Shuffle ON after resume. I'm willing to bet that the majority of users would prefer it to be Shuffle OFF. You are developing according to mass usage right?
    Again, please look back at my previous responses. You'll see that I previously said I have it on my to-do list to remember the user's shuffle setting when saving the auto bookmark.

    Do we really need to discuss this again considering it's already on my to-do list?
  14.    #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks for the info. I looked at the "About" screen and I actually don't have any orientation code in there. It'll change to landscape mode because the orientation code is present in the main menu screen code.

    So now I'm 99% convinced the orientation code is causing the issue. If you don't mind, I'm going to PM you two test versions of the app to find out if they lock up on your system. That'll help me isolate which specific piece of the orientation code your device is having issues with.
    Gav_Oracle, I sent you a PM with a test version. The PM lists in the instructions on what to look out for. PM me once you get to try it out.
  15. #1355  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think having something displayed looks better than nothing.



    Again, please look back at my previous responses. You'll see that I previously said I have it on my to-do list to remember the user's shuffle setting when saving the auto bookmark.

    Do we really need to discuss this again considering it's already on my to-do list?
    If a user has a nice wallpaper set and most of their music has no album art then its probably better to make the default album art invisible.

    As for the Shuffle upon Resume. I'm fully aware of the conversation on this topic. After all, I read this thread every day religiously LOL. I know this is on your ToDo list, but I also know that your ToDo list is huge! Researching how to save/restore the last state of Shuffle is likely quite a task. Therefore in the meantime I figured the quick and easy thing to do would be to default the Shuffle to OFF until you can figure it all out. I believe default OFF is better than default ON (and I can give a variety of reasons why).

    Again I love your app and appreciate all of your hard work. Thanks.
  16. rockyjay's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #1356  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Bugs?
    Using v .12 (current as of Oct 27/09).
    Bug 1:
    -Go into list of songs (Songs category).
    -pick first song. Song plays.
    -Album view (while song playing), notice that shuffle is on.
    -Turn off shuffle.
    -Pause music.
    -close app.
    -reopen app.
    -Resume playback.
    -Note that the shuffle is ON again. turn it off.
    -Every time you close and reopen app the darn thing turns shuffle on. Considering I chose a song from the Song category list (that is sorted alphabetically), why the heck does it keep insisting Shuffle should be on. If i wanted it on, I would have turned it on.

    Bug 2:
    - Listening to songs....suddenly it skips a song. Scroll backwards (album view) to song. It pauses very quickly and jumps over the song. it will not play the song. go through some unknown sequences of events (not sure what triggers correction) and come back and it will play the song.
    - Once it has started jumping over the song, it will not play, even in list mode.

    Bug 3:
    -Listening to a song....tap Lyrics
    -Song stopped playing to show lyrics.....thought ok...thats how it works.
    -Scroll back/forward to other songs and they begin playing when lyrics show.??? wth? How come the first one didn't??

    Thoughts...bugs...noted behaviour?
    One thing that I find a little frustrating is when the screen goes off and you turn it back on to change the song. A Notification that you have the player running has popped up at the bottom, even with it fully open. It takes a couple of seconds to disappear and stretch the player to the screen. This causes a lag in swiping to the next song. Just a peeve of mine. Other than that great App, and thanks for all your work.
  17.    #1357  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Therefore in the meantime I figured the quick and easy thing to do would be to default the Shuffle to OFF until you can figure it all out. I believe default OFF is better than default ON (and I can give a variety of reasons why).
    No it's actually not a quick and easy thing to do. A few releases back I wrote all the code to implement the saving of the shuffle mode when saving the auto-bookmark. This is not difficult to do. What was difficult was getting the shuffle mode restored. For some reason, I was having an issue with initializing the shuffle mode off.

    At some point, I'll re-visit this and figure out why I had the issue. But for now, the shuffle mode will have to remain on by default.
  18. #1358  
    This such an amazingly fantastically wonderful app!

    The OG music player just plain sucks. I have never really been a portable MP3 aficionado, so I didn't know what I was missing until you enlightened me with this Remix.

    The Lyrics is so cool... maybe its common feature on MP3 players I don't know, but I have never seen that before. All the folks on the city bus try to move away from me when I am singing along with my Pre serving as "air microphone". :-)

    So Thanks Much!!
    .
    .

  19. #1359  
    think i found a couple bugs, and both only started when i upgraded.
    one is only possible cuz of the upgrade cuz it has to do with landscape (which looks amazing btw).
    1. i use my pre for music in car so i had it on landscape today, and as usual the screen locked. then i noticed there was no control from the lock screen like normal, just the drag up. so i was wondering if u forgot to turn it on or something or its just not doable with the landscape mod.

    2. in my car i just push shuffle now and let it play, every few songs, it would play 1-3seconds of the next song, then it would switch to a new one. so id hear 1-2 notes from a song, and then a different song would start. problem only started with the upgrade

    sorry if these have been mentioned but with a quick look thru i didnt notice anything pertaining to them. thanks again for the great app.
  20.    #1360  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    think i found a couple bugs, and both only started when i upgraded.
    one is only possible cuz of the upgrade cuz it has to do with landscape (which looks amazing btw).
    1. i use my pre for music in car so i had it on landscape today, and as usual the screen locked. then i noticed there was no control from the lock screen like normal, just the drag up. so i was wondering if u forgot to turn it on or something or its just not doable with the landscape mod.
    This isn't happening on my device. When the display turns off in landscape mode and I turn it back on, the on-screen controls are on the lock screen. If you can find a specific way to reproduce the problem, let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    2. in my car i just push shuffle now and let it play, every few songs, it would play 1-3seconds of the next song, then it would switch to a new one. so id hear 1-2 notes from a song, and then a different song would start. problem only started with the upgrade
    I think I've noticed this as well. I'll have to look into this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions