Page 67 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2523
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    After having to uninstall music remix, I wanted to reinstall, but it's gone from preware-catalog; am I missing something?

Do the other screens work (playing music, scrolling through songs/artists/albums, etc.)?
    Is this your first installation of the app? Or were you running the previous version of the app (0.11.1) and upgrade? If you've run the previous version before, did the "Preferences" screen work before?
    I'm guessing this is your first installation because there's a known issue where if your language on your device is set to something other than "English", the app won't function.
    music remix was one of the first apps I installed on my pre, which I got on 13.10.09. It worked very well with my own music, didn't try to load something ota.
    Last edited by conum; 10/27/2009 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    awesome work. i am using it constantly.

can you pls increase speed a little bit while scrolling?
  3.    #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastepre View Post
    Hey DanPLC-

Thanks for all the hard work!! We are loving this app man. I was hoping for one small request or fix... There is a patch now to remove the 'A', 'The', 'And' now in the webos-internals feed. Could you implement something like this in Remix, so it doesn't use the those words at the start of an album name in sorted list? -Grand
    It's on my list of things to do; however it's been on there for awhile since there are many other things that I have considered higher priority. Eventually I'll get to it.
  4.    #1324  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthel View Post
    awesome work. i am using it constantly.

can you pls increase speed a little bit while scrolling?
    I assume you mean on the songs/artists/albums lists. The speed is related to how webOS deals with long lists and how I've implemented the alphabet selector (on the right side of the screen). In order to ensure that the alphabet selector works for any size list, I have to render the list in a certain way that makes the scrolling slower than I would like it to be. I hope in the future Palm updates their list rendering code to make this more efficient. You would think on a device with a pretty powerful processor, that it would be able to render larger lists more efficiently, but apparently that is not the case.
  5.    #1325  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    music remix was one of the first apps I installed on my pre, which I got on 13.10.09. It worked very well with my own music, didn't try to load something ota.
    Which version were you running previously? And did the Preferences screen work in that version?

Is the Preferences screen the only thing giving you a problem in the new version? Is everything else working perfectly?
    Same problem as conum.

Updated to latest version today and now can't do anything with the program at all.

So far I've tried going to "artists" and "shuffle all" and both options cause the whole phone to stop working correctly. No other app can be opened, "Music (remix)" remains visible all the time on the top left and the card keeps coming back when swiped close.

Even tried totally removing via preware and then reinstalling, still does the same.

UK Pre with 1.1.3.
  7.    #1327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    Same problem as conum.

Updated to latest version today and now can't do anything with the program at all.

So far I've tried going to "artists" and "shuffle all" and both options cause the whole phone to stop working correctly. No other app can be opened, "Music (remix)" remains visible all the time on the top left and the card keeps coming back when swiped close.

Even tried totally removing via preware and then reinstalling, still does the same.

UK Pre with 1.1.3.
    Again I'll ask the same questions I asked conum. Did you run the previous version successfully? If so, which version?

Unfortunately, I have no way to test the app with the European variety of webOS. It's very possible I implemented something in the app which is not available in version 1.1.3 of the SDK.

This is purely a guess, but I would guess it might have something to do with the orientation changes (portrait and landscape). That's the only change that would affect all of these different screens.

Can you try rotating your phone while on the main menu screen and see if it rotates? Also, you mentioned that "Artists" and "Shuffle All" locks up the phone. How about all the other options (Flylists, Playlists, etc.)? How about the "About" screen?
    I was running the version before the very latest one, I'm sorry I can't remember the version number.

That version worked perfectly for me.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I have resetted the fifth time now only to get rid of musicplayerremix (mpr).
    I lets everything hang and it's impossible to stop it.
    This is what I did after the last reset:
    I opened preware, installed and launched mpr.
    It shows some choice, I tap on "Albums", it shows five of my albums, when I tap on one of it, nothing happens, all is stuck, the screen isn't scrolling.
    If I tap on the button beneath the screen, mpr gets smaller to card, but cannot be removed. If I swipe it to top, I hear the noise, which I always hear when I end an app, but mpr isn't ended. I can swipe again on the "empty" screen, I hear the noise, see the lower part of the mpr-card, but I cannot end it. I cannot start any new app. I have to reset again.
    :-((
    I don't know which version I had before the update to 1.12, as I said, I installed it on 14. or 15.10.09.
    I cannot rotate the app (other apps did rotate, but now, when mpr is on my pre, everything slows down, and all I think is to get rid of it)
    :-(
    Last edited by conum; 10/27/2009 at 11:06 AM.
  10.    #1330  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    I was running the version before the very latest one, I'm sorry I can't remember the version number.

That version worked perfectly for me.
    Please answer all the questions I asked. It's going to be hard to help you if I cannot get all the information I'm asking for. This also applies to Conum. Please answer all the questions I've asked both you and Gav_Oracle. I'm sure I added something in the last release that your version of webOS must not support, but without more information, I will not be able to determine what it is and develop a workaround for my European users.
    Sorry I managed to miss the last paragraph of your post.

Rotating on main menu: works fine, tried back and forth several times, even works upside down.

I can't test every option in the menu right now, as I am expecting a number of phone calls. However I have just tried "Albums" and the same problem occurs.

I'll try and do some more tests later, is there anything specific other than trying every option on the main menu you would like me to try?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Oh, I forgot the one answer: yes the preference worked in my previous version. There's no app on my pre where I didn't test all possibilities and preferences.
    same problem for me on my german o2 pre!previous version worked perfect,updated today and now can't be used,had to uninstall the app...please help.

thanx
    drnull and danplc... First of all, I should begin by expressing the appropriate and deserved kudos and great appreciation for these essential apps you guys continue to develop and update.

Dr - best of luck with the new endeavor (nice to earn a living from what you do I suppose instead of relying on users of donation-ware appreciation). I know you are in super-slow-mo dev mode with DrPodder but I thought I'd share a new (I think) idea with you both and weigh in on a few other Dr Podder ideas previously mentioned.... I'm posting in both of you app thread since the the ideas would hopefully be of interest to both of you as well as your respective followers...

Anyway, the idea first...

Background: The last few days, I've found myself driving with Sprint Nav a lot and listening to Dr P podcasts (via Dr Podder not REMIX). I've really be annoyed that the podcast audio volume is lowered by Sprint Nav when the nice directions lady has something to say. I usually lose 15-20 seconds of podcast audio and it's almost always some relevant important point the guys / gals at BOL are making. I assume the same (lowering volume effect) would be true in Remix as well -- though less impactful since missing a few seconds of a song isn't so bad. So I found myself wanting to quickly pause playback when I knew I was nearing a turn or in a series of back-to-back turns over a series of a few minutes. Clearly, this can be done by turning on the Pre, changing apps to DrP, tapping the pause soft button, changing back to Nav so I can see where I'm going for the upcoming turns.... You see what I'm getting at.

Possible Solution: Can the center button be used while the screen is off while either DrPodder or Remix is playing?

(A more complex scenario is while the screen is on but another app is in focus front-and-center? I guess if the screen is on, there would be the issue of the button being changing the fosus to card view and vice versa...)

If the center butten action could be received by the app, then the center button be used as a play/pause toggle. The ability to quickly pause the playback with the center button would be great.

A likely issue associated with this request is device compatibility due to the Pixi not having a center button. Anyway, just an idea. I realized very quickly that the volume buttons work with the screen off so I thought the center buttom might as well. An alternative approach could be accomplished by pressing both volume buttons at the same time?

My current solution (once I recognized this as a problem) was to drive using my S9 HD headset and use the playback control buttons for this pause toggle, however I generally prefer to just drive with my regular bluetooth headset and it doesn't have playback control though I was happily surprised on getting my Pre to learn that it does receive non-call audio.

Other thoughts:

- +1 to hide podcasts (optionally) from Remix. Either by DrPodder placing the downloaded podcasts in a .folder location (as suggested above) or by DrP tagging downloaded podcast as genre = Podcast (is tagging on the fly even possible) and having REMIX enable an option to ignore Podcast Genre in Shuffle All (among other genres such as "spoken", "books", etc... ) .

- +1 Would love to see DrP playback controls 'notification bar' when the device is locked. Functionality already in Remix, but this would be very useful in DrP as well. (the next best solution to lack of hardware center button solution above)

dr / Dan-- I'll again recognize your need to work first and play later so I humblely submit these ideas for your respective considerations' with no expectations.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollibs View Post
    same problem for me on my german o2 pre!previous version worked perfect,updated today and now can't be used,had to uninstall the app...please help.

thanx
    same here
  16.    #1336  
    To all European users: I'll post the previous version (0.11.1) later on this evening and you can reload that version (you'll have to uninstall the current version first). Then we can try to figure out what is incompatible in your version of webOS.
  17.    #1337  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Can the center button be used while the screen is off while either DrPodder or Remix is playing?
    I explored this option awhile ago (I thought of the same idea). But I found that the center button cannot be controlled by apps, so no this is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    - +1 to hide podcasts (optionally) from Remix. Either by DrPodder placing the downloaded podcasts in a .folder location (as suggested above) or by DrP tagging downloaded podcast as genre = Podcast (is tagging on the fly even possible) and having REMIX enable an option to ignore Podcast Genre in Shuffle All (among other genres such as "spoken", "books", etc... )
    It's not going to be high on my priority list to ignore spoken-word genres in "Shuffle All". I just have too many other things I'd want to do before this. So I wouldn't expect this feature to be implemented in the near future. If/when my app ever gets into the app catalog, I may implement this type of feature since I think it would be appealing to users who have several spoken-word files on their device.
    Dan, I'm using ver. 0.12.0 and I've noticed that once I go into any menu that has the scrolling black letters on the right side, the wallpaper gets morphed. I've tried various pics taken from my phone and pics that I use as Wall Papers that render correctly. I didn't see this issue in the previous version. It's just an aesthetic issue but wanted to report it just in case no one else has. I've loaded the pics. One is of the main menu (no morphing), the second is when i get to a sub-menu (morhped) and the third is the card view of your app (morphing).

musicplayerremix_2009-27-10_135558.jpg
    musicplayerremix_2009-27-10_135612.jpg
    musicplayerremix_2009-27-10_135650.jpg

Thanks for this app again! Everything else on this version seems to be working great for me. No other issues that I've seen.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 10/27/2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Dan, I'm using ver. 0.12.0 and I've noticed that once I go into any menu that has the scrolling black letters on the right side, the wallpaper gets morphed. I've tried various pics taken from my phone and pics that I use as Wall Papers that render correctly...
    Thanks for sharing your issue with all of us. Considering that you've tried "...various pics taken from [your] phone..." I'll just say that I'm happy you went with this one for your issue screen shots for us.

Clearly in your case in particular, this bug is a damn shame and we can all hope Dan can figure out what's happening.

Good luck with the fix and thanks again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I explored this option awhile ago (I thought of the same idea). But I found that the center button cannot be controlled by apps, so no this is not possible.
    Thanks for clarifying. Too bad

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's not going to be high on my priority list to ignore spoken-word genres in "Shuffle All". I just have too many other things I'd want to do before this. So I wouldn't expect this feature to be implemented in the near future. If/when my app ever gets into the app catalog, I may implement this type of feature since I think it would be appealing to users who have several spoken-word files on their device.
    Totally understandable. Clearly, not a huge problem for most -- easy enough to hit the FF button to move along to a different track!