Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2523
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    personally id like it if shuffle all or the talked about Play all would have some sort of sorting. for instance list songs alphabetically then it just jumps to different songs if shuffle is on
    That's similar to how my MP3 player (Zen Vision:M) works. I'm not sure which way I like better actually. The advantage of your suggested method is that you can instantly see an alphabetical list of the songs by switching to "current playlist" view. However with the current version, you can tap the "shuffle mode" button at the bottom of the screen and get the same alphabetical list.

And making the change you're requesting would require a redesign of the way the current playlist is generated. I just don't think it's worth that much effort when you have a way to do this today by tapping a single button.
    I love how this player is progressing. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That's similar to how my MP3 player (Zen Vision:M) works. I'm not sure which way I like better actually. The advantage of your suggested method is that you can instantly see an alphabetical list of the songs by switching to "current playlist" view. However with the current version, you can tap the "shuffle mode" button at the bottom of the screen and get the same alphabetical list.

And making the change you're requesting would require a redesign of the way the current playlist is generated. I just don't think it's worth that much effort when you have a way to do this today by tapping a single button.
    i understand, i guess i would be satisfied once the search feature comes out and i can just type the name of the song id like
    Great job on the player, good to see so many updates coming out.

One suggestion/request. When in the lyrics view, would it be possible to disable the swipe left/right to switch songs and have the buttons at the bottom instead. I find that all too often when I try to scroll down I end up inadvertently switching tracks even though I feel like im going straight up/down.

An alternative would be to tweak how much of a move left to right from your finger would trigger a track change maybe?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Re: Lyrics.... can you have the Lyrics button check the files/songs' ID3 tags for 'em... I have a few songs tht have lyrics included in them and the lyrics cannot be found online by music remix when all it needs to do is check the file.
  6.    #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Great job on the player, good to see so many updates coming out.

One suggestion/request. When in the lyrics view, would it be possible to disable the swipe left/right to switch songs and have the buttons at the bottom instead. I find that all too often when I try to scroll down I end up inadvertently switching tracks even though I feel like im going straight up/down.

An alternative would be to tweak how much of a move left to right from your finger would trigger a track change maybe?
    I wanted people to be able to navigate through their songs on this screen without having to display the "next" and "previous" buttons, so I can't remove the swiping.

I haven't had too many issues with accidental swipes. It'll only record a swipe on this screen when the angle of the swipe is less than 45 degrees. But I can play with the speed settings and see what happens. My only hesitation in doing this so far is that I don't want to run into a scenario where people are trying to swipe more than once to get it switch.
  7.    #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Re: Lyrics.... can you have the Lyrics button check the files/songs' ID3 tags for 'em... I have a few songs tht have lyrics included in them and the lyrics cannot be found online by music remix when all it needs to do is check the file.
    There's no way to for me to access this data. I only have access to a very limited subset of the ID3 data.

Have you checked lyrics.wikia.com to see if those songs exist there? If so, check if the artist name and song name on your device compare to the ones in the URL on the web site. Perhaps either your tags or their site has a typo. Either way, you should be able to correct this (they allow users to edit the pages on their site).
    If you use Ubuntu and would like a better way of getting your music onto your device, see this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...de-ubuntu.html
    Is it possible to include songs from other locations than /media/internal/ ?

I have a rooted Pre with a networked file system accessible (like CIFS or NFS)
    that is mounted outside of /media/internal/ (technically can't do it inside).
    It has all my music files stored but I can't get any of the music/media players
    look there.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    program starts but nothing happens canīt access to any menu and my mp3 doesnīt show up, does it take long if I have close to a 1000 mp3? or something its wrong?
  11.    #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by roniwan View Post
    program starts but nothing happens canīt access to any menu and my mp3 doesnīt show up, does it take long if I have close to a 1000 mp3? or something its wrong?
    I have close to 900 songs and don't have this issue. Although it does take about 4 seconds for the splash screen to go away (the time it takes for the music library to load).

Are you running the latest version of the app? Can you try re-installing the app using fileCoaster?

Does the original music player load ok and play your music?

Do you have any tweaks/patches installed?
  12.    #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by awachs View Post
    Is it possible to include songs from other locations than /media/internal/ ?

I have a rooted Pre with a networked file system accessible (like CIFS or NFS)
    that is mounted outside of /media/internal/ (technically can't do it inside).
    It has all my music files stored but I can't get any of the music/media players
    look there.
    I only have access to songs returned by the webOS media service. So the answer is no unfortunately.
    love this app. I use it exclusively!

if I may... One small request... GAPLESS PLAYBACK.

I am a dj, and listen to and critique my sets on the player it is very hard to dtermine a variety of things with the 1 second breath between tracks! Aswell for bought cds that require gapless playback this would be stellar! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have close to 900 songs and don't have this issue. Although it does take about 4 seconds for the splash screen to go away (the time it takes for the music library to load).

Are you running the latest version of the app? Can you try re-installing the app using fileCoaster?

Does the original music player load ok and play your music?

Do you have any tweaks/patches installed?
    The integrated music app runs fine no probs at all and have no tweaks or patches installed.

file coaster installation goes fine but app doesnīt work, just stays on the main screen "music library" and nothing happens canīt select anything and my songs wonīt appear also the splash screen doesnīt show up also

Thanks for helping
    Last edited by roniwan; 10/25/2009 at 02:35 PM.
  15.    #1295  
    The integrated music app runs fine no probs at all and have no tweaks or patches installed.

file coaster installation goes fine but app doesnīt work, just stays on the main screen "music library" and nothing happens canīt select anything and my songs wonīt appear also the splash screen doesnīt show up also

Thanks for helping
    By "Music Library" screen I assume you mean the main menu screen that allows you to select "songs", "album", "artists", etc. If the splash screen does not show up, then assuming you're running the latest version of the app, it means you don't have any or many songs in your library. The splash screen only appears while the music library is loading. The time it appears will vary based upon the number of songs found in the music library (at least that were detected by the app). What's the song count that shows up at the top of the screen (near the "Shuffle All" selector)?

If the original app is showing all your songs, then I'm guessing there must be some song in your collection that is making my app freak out when it loads the music library. The only way to isolate that song would be to load up your music on your device in portions. Then you could figure out which song is causing your issue.
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudlight View Post
    love this app. I use it exclusively!

if I may... One small request... GAPLESS PLAYBACK.

I am a dj, and listen to and critique my sets on the player it is very hard to dtermine a variety of things with the 1 second breath between tracks! Aswell for bought cds that require gapless playback this would be stellar! Thank you!
    Gapless playback is not on my agenda right now. Search through the thread for previous discussions on this topic.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Erased all my songs then just threw one in the memory and still the same my songs doesnīt show up the integrated app still recognizing the one in the mem

is it needed to be in a particular folder?
  18.    #1298  
    Erased all my songs then just threw one in the memory and still the same my songs doesnīt show up the integrated app still recognizing the one in the mem

is it needed to be in a particular folder?
    I just put my device in "usb mode" when hooking it up to my computer and then I think I put them in the music folder. I think it picks up any MP3 files in any of the folders accessible while in "usb mode". The only ones it doesn't pick up are ones in folders beginning with a period (.).

So with that one song installed, does the song show up in the "songs" list? If so, is it that it doesn't play the song when selecting it from the list? Can you attach screenshots of the app with the one song loaded to demonstrate your issue?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    the song doesnīt show up just stays un the music library screen it doesnīt detect any song its weird also my pre its on developer mode but it wonīt affect right?
  20.    #1300  
    the song doesnīt show up just stays un the music library screen it doesnīt detect any song its weird also my pre its on developer mode but it wonīt affect right?
    So when you select "songs" on the main menu, the song list loads but no songs show up?

Can you post screenshots so I can see what it looks like? Also please post similar screenshots of the song list screen on the original music player app.

I have my device in developer mode right now, so no that doesn't affect it. Why do you have yours in that mode if you're not doing any tweaking or patching?