Page 64 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2523
  1.    #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out to me.

    On another note, can you incorporate search functionality in a future remix? It doesn't have to include a dedicated "search" field/button but once you start typing in some strings it should show them if those strings match part or any of the songs in your music library. Kind of like universal search but this time built into the music app. That will be very nice when creating a flylist/playlist or even finding a particular song.
    That too has been discussed previously. I have this on my wishlist of things to do.
  2. nak
    nak is offline
    nak's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    #1262  
    I clearly need to read/search further before posting next time. LOL
  3.    #1263  
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    I clearly need to read/search further before posting next time. LOL
    I thought it was particularly funny considering you were asking for a universal search feature in the app.

    If you search the thread for "universal search", you'll find my original post on this which links to another thread where the idea was born.
  4. ahaxton's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #1264  
    Butting in where no one asked me too... just some things for consideration.

    And the last one has Remix and Music Player flipped because I've seen you say before that the program is more and more becoming its own entity seperate from its parent program, so I through that in as a possible name change to just Remix.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Butting in where no one asked me too... just some things for consideration.

    And the last one has Remix and Music Player flipped because I've seen you say before that the program is more and more becoming its own entity seperate from its parent program, so I through that in as a possible name change to just Remix.
    It's funny you mention that because I've actually considered changing the name of the app to "Remix" in the future. I'm not sure about that yet though.

    I like the glowing "Remix"...it's a nice contrast to the "Music Player" text string. However, I'm not so sure about the plain font of the "Music Player" and "Loading" text strings. I prefer the fonts I chose, as well as the pseudo-3D effect I'm using.

    I do have my heart set on this particular background, so any change I would consider would have to be to the text. But right now, I'm still leaning towards the splash screen I created. But I appreciate the effort.
  6. ahaxton's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #1266  
    The reason I did the Music Player text kind of plain is, especially if the program gets renamed, you want to highlight Remix (the software name) and downplay the function, which would be Music Player. And the Loading I used the standard Pre font to keep continuity with the WebOS platform since at that moment it is performing a system task.

    Well, glad you at least liked them anyway!
  7. #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So if I understand you correctly, the built-in music app automatically remembers the position of every audio book on your device? If that's the case, then no the Remix app does not do that. It only remembers the last played track.

    For the time being, if you want to use the Remix app, if you decide to switch tracks, you need to save a manual bookmark. It's just a tap of the bookmark icon at the top of the page.

    I'm pretty sure the way they implemented bookmarks is with cookies (this is also what I did for my auto-bookmark). It's the only way to reliably save information prior to an app closing due to the way webOS currently handles asynchronous calls when an app closes. Unfortunately, this results in a separate cookie for each track a user listens to. It just seems like an ugly design.

    Ideally, bookmarks would be saved in a single database; however since DB calls are asynchronous, this is not currently possible. If they fix the issue of asynchronous calls not completing when the app exits, then I can implement this type of auto-bookmarking in the correct way. Until then, I just don't think it's a good system (from a software design standpoint).
    There is an application called Pocket Player by conduits that has amazing features for listening to audiobooks and other very long mp3's. The most useful feature is having every single track autoresume from where you leave off. This way I can listen to different audio books without having to manually bookmark each track.

    The other thing that I do often which drives me crazy is I accidentally switch tracks by swiping the screen or change apps or have the phone crash or whatever. And I'm usually in the middle of a 7 hour audio track, I always have to manually figure out where I left off.

    So the best feature to have for me is to have an auto resume on all tracks like pocket player does so that if we switch tracks accidentally we can switch back and have it resume where we left off.

    As mentioned before in other posts it would also be great to be able to fast forward or rewind predefined amounts. Conduits Pocket player had the option to rewind or fast forward by 10 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. They also have an option where you can set the amount you want (7sec, etc) to fast forward or rewind by.

    I realize the software is free and that this is a lot to ask but i have no doubt you could charge if you start adding similar features to pocket player. Pocket player is definitely the best media player for any phone but the don't make it for palm pre! And they charge $20 for it and $10 for the upgrade if you're a previous customer. I would definitely not have a problem paying this amount. Thanks for your time
  8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc2728 View Post
    I realize the software is free and that this is a lot to ask but i have no doubt you could charge if you start adding similar features to pocket player. Pocket player is definitely the best media player for any phone but the don't make it for palm pre! And they charge $20 for it and $10 for the upgrade if you're a previous customer. I would definitely not have a problem paying this amount. Thanks for your time
    I understand some people listen to audio books, podcasts, and other long-format files; however, I think the app as-is could be sold today and do quite well based upon the number of downloads logged on this site alone. The app, in my mind at least, has always been a music player first and foremost. I added manual and automatic bookmarks because I saw this is a useful feature for all users.

    I actually have it on my list to think of a way to implement some type of easy skipping; however, this will be a lower-priority item for me since I consider the majority of my base users to be music listeners.
  9. nak
    nak is offline
    nak's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    #1269  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Butting in where no one asked me too... just some things for consideration.

    And the last one has Remix and Music Player flipped because I've seen you say before that the program is more and more becoming its own entity seperate from its parent program, so I through that in as a possible name change to just Remix.
    3rd splash screen looking good
  10. #1270  
    Put it in the catalog! You'll have my dollars immediately!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  11.    #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Put it in the catalog! You'll have my dollars immediately!
    Thanks
  12. karishbhr's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1272  
    Love that splash screen ahaxton
  13. karishbhr's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1273  
    Love that splash screen ahaxton
  14. #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Butting in where no one asked me too... just some things for consideration.

    And the last one has Remix and Music Player flipped because I've seen you say before that the program is more and more becoming its own entity seperate from its parent program, so I through that in as a possible name change to just Remix.
    I've modified it with my own splashes as well. DanPLC, who is awesome btw, just prefers to work on the graphics himself. I also keep the original icon to match the video icon.

    Dan,

    I've asked about this before, and I know you're sticking with the 45degree angle as on the stock music app. Have any idea how I can go about changing that? Is it just the pngs that need to be reckoned with or is it a much deeper jsjsjs $thing$?
  15. yaounit's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #1275  
    would you be able to put in a play all button as well as the shuffle all? albums are often in the order they're in because the artist meant for them to be played in that order.
  16.    #1276  
    Quote Originally Posted by wturnerharris View Post
    I've modified it with my own splashes as well. DanPLC, who is awesome btw, just prefers to work on the graphics himself. I also keep the original icon to match the video icon.

    Dan,

    I've asked about this before, and I know you're sticking with the 45degree angle as on the stock music app. Have any idea how I can go about changing that? Is it just the pngs that need to be reckoned with or is it a much deeper jsjsjs $thing$?
    It's done via Javascript and CSS, so yes, it's not just a matter of replacing files. But keep an eye out for the next release...you're not going to get the exact feature you'd like, but there will be something in there that might interest you in regards to this.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/22/2009 at 05:51 AM.
  17.    #1277  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaounit View Post
    would you be able to put in a play all button as well as the shuffle all? albums are often in the order they're in because the artist meant for them to be played in that order.
    So you basically want a "Shuffle All Albums" option. Someone asked for this awhile back. My answer was that I didn't think enough people would utilize this feature to warrant the amount of work required to implement it.
  18. #1278  
    Dan,

    What do you think about this patch?

    Music Player: Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' in Artist and Album Names

    A lot of bands have names like "The Eagles" or "The Kinks." I think most people would click "E" when using the Alphabet Selector to find the "Eagles" or "K" to find the "Kinks".

    Similarly, AC/DC fans using the Alphabet Selector to find "The Razer's Edge" would press "R" for "Razer's Edge".

    This was not that big of a deal in the basic music player because it is so useless anyway. But with the advanced features in Remix, lookups are so easy now.

    I know that you are always considering a list of features. If this patch is functional and could be applied easily, could you put it on your list?

    Thanks as always.

    - Craig
  19.    #1279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,
    I know that you are always considering a list of features. If this patch is functional and could be applied easily, could you put it on your list?
    This was mentioned before. I already have it on my list; however it's always been low on my priority list and never seems to make it up the list (that happens with an ever-growing list).

    I haven't looked that deeply into the code of the patch; however, I would wager that it wouldn't be as easy as just copying the patch's code and pasting it into mine. The Remix code now differs quite greatly from the original code in many areas.
  20. #1280  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So you basically want a "Shuffle All Albums" option. Someone asked for this awhile back. My answer was that I didn't think enough people would utilize this feature to warrant the amount of work required to implement it.
    personally id like it if shuffle all or the talked about Play all would have some sort of sorting. for instance list songs alphabetically then it just jumps to different songs if shuffle is on

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions