Page 63 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2523
  1.    #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I love this app (it's what Pre should have shipped with, but that's what apps are for) BUT I really wish the splash screen was a little more tasteful. It looks like a Final Fantasy spell or something. Pre is an all-around tasteful device and I just think it's too gaudy for an app that a lot of people use all the time. The changeable background feature is great, why not add a screen to change the splash picture (if there has to be one).

Don't be mad at me for nitpicking. Consider it a compliment that that tiny little thing is the only beef to be had with your app. Everything else is fantastic.
    I'm not entirely pleased with the current one either.

I've already created a new splash screen for the next release. It's attached to this message. Let me know what you think of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/20/2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Added attached image
    I have just got to say, I am absolutely amazed (and impressed) by how Dan answers each poster's question...and does so with such a detailed and thoughtful response. Hats off to you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post

I've already created a new splash screen for the next release. It's attached to this message. Let me know what you think of it.
    That one also does not do your work justice. Perhaps we can have an informal contest here to help you out.
  4.    #1244  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    That one also does not do your work justice. Perhaps we can have an informal contest here to help you out.
    I kinda like the idea of a contest...it would be fun, but then again I don't think any image will please everybody. I think I'm going to stop fiddling with the splash screen and stick with this last one for now. Maybe in the future I'll run a contest.
  5. nak

This splash screen is much better than the "Final Fantasy" spell.
    Or how about removing the splash screen entirely to facilitate quicker loading?

Thanks so much.

When can we expect the next release?
  6.    #1246  
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    This splash screen is much better than the "Final Fantasy" spell.
    Or how about removing the splash screen entirely to facilitate quicker loading?

Thanks so much.

When can we expect the next release?
    I would prefer to think of it as a time vortex.

It'll probably be sometime this week or this weekend. It's not a large release, but it'll have one or two cool things in there other than the normal bug fixes. There's one thing in particular I'm going to try to get in there that I think people will like. I'm just trying to work out the way I'm going to do it.

Another thing I'm including in this release is Pixi-compatibility. The main issue with running the app at 320x400 was the "now playing" screen. The album art was way too big. So the app now detects the screen resolution and re-scales everything accordingly.
  7. nak
    I've wanted a particular color for my wallpaper which I obtained with RGB color values. Is there anyway you can implement the RGB values on the knobs (either showing permanently or transiently, i.e. fading in and out) when adjusting the knobs? You can also place it at the right end of the lines. That way, one can get a specific color provided s/he knows the values for creating that color. It'll be a nice addition.
  8.    #1248  
    I've wanted a particular color for my wallpaper which I obtained with RGB color values. Is there anyway you can implement the RGB values on the knobs (either showing permanently or transiently, i.e. fading in and out) when adjusting the knobs? You can also place it at the right end of the lines. That way, one can get a specific color provided s/he knows the values for creating that color. It'll be a nice addition.
    You can get the RGB values of a color by opening up the picture in Windows Paint and using the "color picker" tool to grab the color. Then double-click the color in the palette and a dialog box will pop up which will display the RGB values.

I may implement RGB value displays on the color selection screen, but in the meantime this method may work for you. But keep in mind if I do display the RGB values on the screen, if you transfer them over to your computer, the same exact color will not be displayed. The reason being is that the background being displayed is not a pure color. It uses a semi-transparent image to create a gradient display. It was meant to mimic the original gradient background on the built-in music player.
  9. nak
    You can get the RGB values of a color by opening up the picture in Windows Paint and using the "color picker" tool to grab the color. Then double-click the color in the palette and a dialog box will pop up which will display the RGB values.
    I'm on a mac. But thanks anyway. I already know how to get those values.

If you don't think displaying the values are a non added value, that's fine with me. It wouldn't hurt to try though. But as long as you're making remixes, this app is going to be my primary mp3 player. Thanks a lot for your dedication.
  10.    #1250  
    I'm on a mac. But thanks anyway. I already know how to get those values.

If you don't think displaying the values are a non added value, that's fine with me. It wouldn't hurt to try though. But as long as you're making remixes, this app is going to be my primary mp3 player. Thanks a lot for your dedication.
    I think adding the values on screen is a good idea, so I'll get it in some release.
    I think simple logo would be good.

This app is incredible though and the splash screen is the smallest of gripes.
    Last edited by IcerC; 10/20/2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I think simple logo would be good.

This app is incredible though and the splash screen is the smallest of gripes.
    A logo or even just a simple "Loading..." screen is sufficient.

If I had to choose– I would go with the Pre's default loading ring as so no one will complain about that...
    How about you keep the purple final fantasy loading screen and let us users pick which one we want to see. I personally am sick of the utter boring garbage I see on all the apps. I rather like the eye popping screen.

As for the app....still have wierd issues..
    - like starting a song will have it double start...starts, stops and restarts.
    - sometimes slow to respond when flicking albums side to side(scrolling)
    - sometimes doesn't want to play a song and will autoskip to the next one. exiting and going back in fixes the problem
    - so tired of the screen shutting down, getting a notification and wanting to stop the music player, but since the controls are directly on the bottom of the screen they keep repositioning themselves as I try to stop the player/or start it due to the notifications appearing. Is it that hard to resposition the silly controls a little bit up from the bottom?

Excellent program/modification to the absolutely crappy standard player, but hoping to see it get better. Until the Pre is at least as snappy to use as a 1st Gen iTouch, I'll be looking for improvements...especially since the hardware in the Pre is closer to a 3GS than a 1st Gen iTouch.
  14.    #1254  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    A logo or even just a simple "Loading..." screen is sufficient.

If I had to choose– I would go with the Pre's default loading ring as so no one will complain about that...
    I can't use any Palm widgets (like the loading ring) on this splash screen because this screen is displayed prior to the Mojo system being loaded. I only have access to pure HTML elements. That's why I chose a splash screen image.

But anyway, the decision is made. I'll be using the new splash screen image.
  15.    #1255  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    How about you keep the purple final fantasy loading screen and let us users pick which one we want to see. I personally am sick of the utter boring garbage I see on all the apps. I rather like the eye popping screen.
    Read my previous comment... I'll be using the new splash screen. That's that!

- like starting a song will have it double start...starts, stops and restarts.
    Yes this has been discussed before. One of these days I'll try fixing this.

- sometimes slow to respond when flicking albums side to side(scrolling)
    Yes, you're correct. Sometimes the app is zippy enough...and sometimes it isn't. I have a feeling it has to do with the animations being used for the album art which I may not have the ability to fix.

- sometimes doesn't want to play a song and will autoskip to the next one. exiting and going back in fixes the problem
    The only time I've ever experienced this is if the file itself is corrupt, or if I flick twice (or hit the next button) twice by accident.

- so tired of the screen shutting down, getting a notification and wanting to stop the music player, but since the controls are directly on the bottom of the screen they keep repositioning themselves as I try to stop the player/or start it due to the notifications appearing. Is it that hard to resposition the silly controls a little bit up from the bottom?
    Screen real estate is limited. The way it's currently implemented (with the controls jumping up when a notifciation comes in) is the ideal way of doing it. Not only do notifications not hide the controls, it also accounts for multiple screen resolutions (i.e. Pre vs. Pixi).

Anyway, it's so much easier to just tap the album art to pause/play instead of trying to mess with the controls at the bottom.
  17. nak
    Dan,

I noticed a slight glitch with the "Resume Play" function. It does what it's supposed but its resumes play in "shuffle mode." I guess one can hit the shuffle button again to un-shuffle but it'll be much easier to return to the previous state you were before exiting the app by way of using the "Resume Play" feature. Could you please look into this for a fix?

The good thing is it remembers the previous state before exiting the app i.e. the group of songs, albums, flylist/playlist, etc. you were currently playing!

Thanks
  18.    #1258  
    Dan,

I noticed a slight glitch with the "Resume Play" function. It does what it's supposed but its resumes play in "shuffle mode." I guess one can hit the shuffle button again to un-shuffle but it'll be much easier to return to the previous state you were before exiting the app by way of using the "Resume Play" feature. Could you please look into this for a fix?

The good thing is it remembers the previous state before exiting the app i.e. the group of songs, albums, flylist/playlist, etc. you were currently playing!

Thanks
    This has been mentioned several times before. It's on my to-do list.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    That would look good on a splash screen...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20. nak
    This has been mentioned several times before. It's on my to-do list.
    Thanks for pointing this out to me.

On another note, can you incorporate search functionality in a future remix? It doesn't have to include a dedicated "search" field/button but once you start typing in some strings it should show them if those strings match part or any of the songs in your music library. Kind of like universal search but this time built into the music app. That will be very nice when creating a flylist/playlist or even finding a particular song.