Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2523
  1.    #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    When I attempt to play a song, it will simulate a "skip" option as if I was cycling through the songs until it comes to the end of the list. Say I had a list of songs from an artist then click shuffle all. It would start with the first song and then just keep going to the next and next without even playing them.
    So you're saying you can't play any songs on your device? Or am I not understanding your issue. It'll help if you can provide step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the issue.

Also another bug, if I play one song then switch to the next it will play like the first half second or so of the first song.
    Yes, this was just discussed recently. I'm aware of this issue.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah I love the lyrics feature...I use it all the time.

You can check out all of the app's features on the app's homebrew gallery page.
    About the Lyrics feature. Some of the stuff I have pulls the lyrics, and some doesnt. Whats the deciding factor? Do I need to properly name each track, or is it just dependant if the database it searches has it or not, or is it both?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    To recreate the issue:

-Open Music Player (remix)
    -Select a item (artist, song, genre, etc)
    -Play a song, playlist, or set of songs
    -App begins to cycle through the song(s)

Songs don't play because they are constantly shifting from one to the next. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the fact that I change the apps default icon... Since I changed it back the app hasn't glitched, but I'll keep an eye on it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Is there a way to get version 9.10 again? This one just isnt polished enough for me and the extra features arent worth the extra bugs and clunky feel. Unfortunately, I had to reformat my drive and lost all my archieved apps.
    Last edited by spl1011; 10/18/2009 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
    Is there a way to get version 9.10 again? This one just isnt polished enough for me and the extra features arent worth the extra bugs and clunky feel. Unfortunately, I had to reformat my drive and lost all my archieved apps.
    As much as I hate to say it, I liked the last version better than this one also. I can't imagine needing the alphabet slider when you can just tap a letter on the keyboard or just flick through them already. It seems redundant and clutters things up.

I use remix constantly, and LOVE the work done on it. I just don't care for the updates in this latest release. The simplicity is what I liked to begin with.
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    About the Lyrics feature. Some of the stuff I have pulls the lyrics, and some doesnt. Whats the deciding factor? Do I need to properly name each track, or is it just dependant if the database it searches has it or not, or is it both?
    The song name and artist name have to match the Lyrics.wikia.com URL exactly. If you can provide an example, I can look up if the song is there and if so why it's not coming back with lyrics.
  7.    #1207  
    To recreate the issue:

-Open Music Player (remix)
    -Select a item (artist, song, genre, etc)
    -Play a song, playlist, or set of songs
    -App begins to cycle through the song(s)

Songs don't play because they are constantly shifting from one to the next. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the fact that I change the apps default icon... Since I changed it back the app hasn't glitched, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Yeah that's strange. I'm not sure how changing the icon would mess up playback like that, but if it's working for you now that's good.
  8.    #1208  
    Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
    "Extra bugs and clunky feels" isn't quite enough information for me to determine what problems you're having. If you're not going to provide specific details on your issues and how to recreate them, then I can't help you.

No, I'm not providing earlier versions of the app.
  9.    #1209  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I liked the last version better than this one also. I can't imagine needing the alphabet slider when you can just tap a letter on the keyboard or just flick through them already. It seems redundant and clutters things up.

I use remix constantly, and LOVE the work done on it. I just don't care for the updates in this latest release. The simplicity is what I liked to begin with.
    You can still use the keyboard if you like. But some people don't like to push out the keyboard and prefer a touch-only interface. For those people, I think having the ABC list on-screen is simpler. It removes the step of having to tap the "ABC" selector at the top of the screen and wait for the ABC list to render.

Unfortunately every design decision I make it not going to please everyone. But that's just the way it is I guess.
    I think the new ABC slider is very cool.
  11.    #1211  
    I do not want anyone distributing my app (any version) without my consent.

In light of that I will be asking a mod/admin to edit/remove your post.

To all the users out there: please be respectful of developers and their works which they own. In my opinion this user's request for someone to PM him an older revision of the app and his unwillingness to provide details of the issues he's experiencing is rude and unnecessary.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/18/2009 at 01:15 PM.
    I do not want anyone distributing my app (any version) without my consent.

In light of that I will be asking a mod/admin to edit/remove your post.

To all the users out there: please be respectful of developers and their works which they own. In my opinion this user's request for someone to PM him an older revision of the app and his unwillingness to provide details of the issues he's experiencing is rude and unnecessary.
    Agreed.
    I wholeheartedly agree. His unwillingness to provide details of his issues and just badmouthing your updates was rude and unnecessary. However, in his defense, I would like to admit that if a user doesn't agree with some of your updates (which is inevitable) why don't you just provide him with an older version? It's entirely your decision and I'm not trying to condone his actions in anyway at all, but personally speaking, I don't think its a big deal if he would prefer an older version of your app. Just out of curiosity, why aren't you comfortable with it?
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. His unwillingness to provide details of his issues and just badmouthing your updates was rude and unnecessary. However, in his defense, I would like to admit that if a user doesn't agree with some of your updates (which is inevitable) why don't you just provide him with an older version? It's entirely your decision and I'm not trying to condone his actions in anyway at all, but personally speaking, I don't think its a big deal if he would prefer an older version of your app. Just out of curiosity, why aren't you comfortable with it?
    Because I'd rather everyone run the same version. The latest version is the version I support. If there are bugs, I want to know what they are and fix them instead of giving people old versions.

I searched back through the thread and found that this user (spl1011) has done this before on a previous release. He posted a general comment about the program being buggy and requested a previous version. I asked him for details on the issue and he never responded.

If there is a critical issue with the current release that someone describes in detail for me and I can't fix it in a timely manner, then I can work with that person directly and if necessary can provide a previous version. However it would have to be a critical issue (like not being able to play any songs) and it would have to be an issue I couldn't fix promptly.
    I agree.

Please release just one version through the Homebrew Gallery. If he wants to save older versions, great. If he has had the issue before where he has lost his backups of old versions, he needs to get a USB thumbdrive at Walmart for $8.

But this thread needs to be about the one current version. If you ever do want to have simultaneous multiple releases they each need their own thread.

- Craig
  16.    #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I agree.

Please release just one version through the Homebrew Gallery. If he wants to save older versions, great. If he has had the issue before where he has lost his backups of old versions, he needs to get a USB thumbdrive at Walmart for $8.

But this thread needs to be about the one current version. If you ever do want to have simultaneous multiple releases they each need their own thread.

- Craig
    I definitely have all the old versions saved and backed up. But the thumb drive I use was a bit more than 8 bucks...it's a 64GB model.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

I would agree if the Alphabet Selector stayed on screen the whole time but it doesn't.

The only time that the Alphabet Selector is onscreen is the few seconds when you are finding your song, artist, or album. Once you find it you are on the Now Playing screen.

The point of the Selection Screen is to select as quickly as you can so that you can get on with your music not to stay on the selector screen.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/18/2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I have an issue with album art. I have loaded my music onto my Pre using Media Monkey.

Remix is looking and working great, the only problem (as trivial as it is) is that when playing a song it displays the embedded art rather than the art loaded into the album's folder. Since the artwork filename is determinate (i.e.: albumname.jpg) would it be possible for Remix to display that image in the song scene? That image is of much better quality than the embedded image.

Thanks for all your work.
    Because I'd rather everyone run the same version. The latest version is the version I support. If there are bugs, I want to know what they are and fix them instead of giving people old versions.
    Ahhh, I see. That makes perfect sense. Yeah, I would understand the need for maintaining one stable, up-to-date version.

I figured if it's just his own personal preference, then why not hand him an older version, but if there are some "issues" with the app, he needs to speak out in a constructive manner.

I searched back through the thread and found that this user (spl1011) has done this before on a previous release. He posted a general comment about the program being buggy and requested a previous version. I asked him for details on the issue and he never responded.
    Well if this specific user has a habit of doing this, then I agree, it is his problem. He needs to maintain records of the apps in case the developer decides to update something against his personal desires.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was just wondering if it was your own personal thing, where you utterly refuse people ever using an older version of your app or something. haha.
    Love the app...which I use for listening to podcasts primarily. The bookmarks feature is great for podcasts. I thought that the slider would also be good, but it doesn't provide enough resolution for an hour long program. I would love to have a 30 second skip forward and ten second skip backward button on either side of the play button. A couple of other points,

1) The skip track buttons are too close to the play button for me. I hit play all the time to start and stop when I get in and out of my car...and frequently end up skipping to the next track instead...which sucks when you are in the middle of a 60 minute podcast.

2) Why is shuffle enabled by default? Once again, very frustrating when listening to podcasts.

Otherwise, nice app/mod! Thanks!