Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2523
  1.    #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlincom View Post
    Dan, at this time, is it possible to play (select or combine) 2 or more flylists? In other words, can I select both Modern Rock and Classic Rock flylists. If yes, how and if not, is it something in the works?
    That's a good idea. I'll add it to my to-do list.
  2. #1122  
    Found the Egg -- very nice.

    Dan... hmmm.... With this level of intrigue and suspense... you wouldn't actually be Dan Brown (of DaVinci Code fame) would you? Then again, if so, you'd likely be too busy with the new book tour to actually develop for webOS.

    Great work on this. I have a list of people including you, Jason R, webos-internals (Rod), drPodder, and Mr. Agenda who are all owed a donation based on my standard of "I could not remove this app and continue to be as happy / functional with my phone". Donations are on my to-do for this weekend. Great work.

    Any chance you want to take on an Email App Remix? (I've posted suggestions in the Patch section...)


    John
  3.    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Found the Egg -- very nice.
    Dan... hmmm.... With this level of intrigue and suspense... you wouldn't actually be Dan Brown (of DaVinci Code fame) would you? Then again, if so, you'd likely be too busy with the new book tour to actually develop for webOS.
    Yeah I think he's a bit too busy right now. I'm a big fan of his though. I loved "Angels and Demons" and "DaVinci Code". I just started reading his latest book.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Great work on this. I have a list of people including you, Jason R, webos-internals (Rod), drPodder, and Mr. Agenda who are all owed a donation based on my standard of "I could not remove this app and continue to be as happy / functional with my phone". Donations are on my to-do for this weekend. Great work.
    Thanks a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Any chance you want to take on an Email App Remix? (I've posted suggestions in the Patch section...)
    I've been asked this before. This will be my only "remix" project. My next project will be a brand new app. It's in the design phase right now. I'm excited about it because I think it'll be one of those apps people will see as an indispensible tool once they start using it.

    Even if I wanted to do another remix project, there are certain apps that I don't think should be "remixed", the email app being one of them. The reason being is that this app is one of the core apps in the OS and is linked directly into Synergy. There are too many other apps linked to the email app. So if someone created a separate "Email Remix" app, if any other app invokes the email app say to allow the user to write an email, it'll launch the old email app which would get confusing for the user.
  4. #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Fallen,

    Here's your description of the bug from your original post:



    And here's your description of the bug from your other post:



    In the first quote, you said that the first part of the song you switched "from" is replayed. But in the second quote, you said the first part of the song you're going to is played twice. These two descriptions are not describing the same phenomena.

    Assuming your second quote is the one that's accurate, then yes I've experienced this phenomena as well. I'm pretty sure it's related to my bookmark playback code. I haven't bothered messing with it too much because I don't see it as a major flaw. It's just a bit quirky.
    Both are occurring for me, but we can let this go, I'm sure if you fix what is happening to you, it will fix the other part.

    Thanks for hearing me out
  5. #1125  
    Is there a way to restore the default background color, I selected a photo and now I want to change it back to the original blue.
  6.    #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Is there a way to restore the default background color, I selected a photo and now I want to change it back to the original blue.
    On the "Preferences" screen, tap the "Color" button at the top of the page. Then adjust the Red, Blue, and Green sliders to pick the color of your choice.
  7.    #1127  
    Version 0.11.0 has been released!

    Here is the list of features:

    Version 0.11.0:
    • Replaced the "ABC" selector at the top of the "artists", "albums", and "songs" screens with an alphabet scroller on the right-edge of the screen.
    • On the main menu, artist album list screen, and album song list screen, keep the "Shuffle All" selection static at the top of the screen.
    • Reposition the "add to flylist" icon on the song list screen to the left edge of the screen and make the tap-able area larger.
    • Fix a bug where the font color on the artist album list screen was incorrect when the font color is "black".
    • Convert the picture used for Easter Egg #1 from PNG to GIF to reduce its size
    • Create a flashier splash screen
    • Easter Egg #2! (Hint: .CBA sa ysae s'tI .Ximer eht tou keeS)
  8. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #1128  
    Nice upgrade Dan. Found the Easter Egg...cracking good but what no bow this time
  9. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #1129  
    I love this app. Why the heck Palm didnt have these features? Crazy. The only problem I'm experiencing is that when I use resume, it automatically goes into shuffle mode. I only want it to go into shuffle mode when i want it to. I love the option to use your photos as wallpaper within the app, but can it be a way you can make the placeholders for the album art translucent? Especially the blank placehlolders. If we could adjust how translucent they can be, that would be awesome. Being able to pull the lyrics is hella cool too, I just can't copy the lyrics to the clipboard. It would be cool if you could copy the lyrics and email the song (which i do a lot) along with the lyrics with out having to go google them and add them to the email like that. Lastly, my only suggestion (which I'm sure someone has beat me to mentioning) is some type of volume boost, and eq. Some songs, and headphones/earbudes sometimes need just a little extra umph. Thanks for reading Dan!
    Last edited by djraw; 10/15/2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks! lol
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  10. #1130  
    Wow.

    0.11.0! Nice work as always.

    I found something...Go into any Playlist sorted by anything other than song title and then type a few letters of a word you know is in the list like "the". The rings starts rolling near where you are typing and never stops now. This is repeatable and is there whether you are in Original Order or Alphabetical mode. This worked great and was very fast in 0.10.0 and almost instantly shows the number of results for those letters in that playlist. It still works perfectly in Artists, Albums, and Songs and still almost instantly shows the number of results.

    I found it as I was trying to put together updated images for a project I am working on. Just as I get close, the screens get improved!

    - Craig
  11.    #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I love this app. Why the heck Palm didnt have these features? Crazy. The only problem I'm experiencing is that when I use resume, it automatically goes into shuffle mode. I only want it to go into shuffle mode when i want it to. I love the option to use your photos as wallpaper within the app, but can it be a way you can make the placeholders for the album art translucent? Especially the blank placehlolders. If we could adjust how translucent they can be, that would be awesome. Being able to pull the lyrics is hella cool too, I just can't copy the lyrics to the clipboard. It would be cool if you could copy the lyrics and email the song (which i do a lot) along with the lyrics with out having to go google them and add them to the email like that. Lastly, my only suggestion (which I'm sure someone has beat me to mentioning) is some type of volume boost, and eq. Some songs, and headphones/earbudes sometimes need just a little extra umph. Thanks for reading Dan!
    I have it on my list to investigate saving the last shuffle setting for "resume play".

    I'm not sure about the benefit of making the album art translucent. The whole point of displaying album art is to look at it.

    I'll do some thinking about a "copy to clipboard" feature for the lyrics.

    I have no way to adjust the volume boost or EQ with the current SDK.
  12.    #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Nice upgrade Dan. Found the Easter Egg...cracking good but what no bow this time
    Considering what happens at the end of the presentation, I thought using a plain egg would be more appropriate.
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Wow.

    0.11.0! Nice work as always.

    I found something...Go into any Playlist sorted by anything other than song title and then type a few letters of a word you know is in the list like "the". The rings starts rolling near where you are typing and never stops now. This is repeatable and is there whether you are in Original Order or Alphabetical mode. This worked great and was very fast in 0.10.0 and almost instantly shows the number of results for those letters in that playlist. It still works perfectly in Artists, Albums, and Songs and still almost instantly shows the number of results.

    I found it as I was trying to put together updated images for a project I am working on. Just as I get close, the screens get improved!

    - Craig
    Thanks for the heads up. As soon as I read your message, I knew what the problem is. I'll describe it in detail when I upload the new version in a few minutes.
  14.    #1134  
    Version 0.11.1 has been released

    It contains the following bug fix for last night's 0.11.0 release:

    • Fix a bug where keyboard text filtering on the playlist songs screen did not work.


    I believe the bug is due to a flaw in the webOS SDK. On all screens that contain the new alphabet scroller, I had disabled scrolling on the page (since the song list now has its own scroller). However when doing this, I found that the keyboard text filtering generated an exception. I've posted this info on the Palm developers forum and hopefully someone will help out with this.

    I had left the scroller for the playlist songs screen disabled by accident which caused the bug. I've re-enabled it for now. If there is a fix for this flaw, I'll re-disable page scrolling in a future revision.
  15. Sergeim105's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #1135  
    Hey guys, when I tried to update from Preware, I got an error, so I deleted the app and tried to install.. didn't work. So I restarted and tried to install again.. didn't work.

    I never had probs with Music Player (remix) before, any idea?
  16. Sergeim105's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #1136  
    Update.. It just installed from Filecoaster... weird..
  17. #1137  
    You don't understand how much I love this app and the lyrics being downloaded!
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.11.1 has been released

    It contains the following bug fix for last night's 0.11.0 release:

    • Fix a bug where keyboard text filtering on the playlist songs screen did not work.


    I believe the bug is due to a flaw in the webOS SDK. On all screens that contain the new alphabet scroller, I had disabled scrolling on the page (since the song list now has its own scroller). However when doing this, I found that the keyboard text filtering generated an exception. I've posted this info on the Palm developers forum and hopefully someone will help out with this.

    I had left the scroller for the playlist songs screen disabled by accident which caused the bug. I've re-enabled it for now. If there is a fix for this flaw, I'll re-disable page scrolling in a future revision.
    Oh my are you fast!

    Thank you!

    As to the playlist scrolling, I really like that feature. In a big playlist I can type just enough to get the songs on screen and then with just a flick look through the matches. For instance I might be thinking "What is that song...I know it had "love" in the title." I type "love" and it finds 30 songs in that playlist that match. I flick down to get the one I want. If scrolldown is disabled I can't flick through the results.

    I just noticed that the Z in the Search Ribbon is covered by the notification bar and I am unable to click Z unless I remove all of the notifications.

    - Craig
  19.    #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Oh my are you fast!

    Thank you!

    As to the playlist scrolling, I really like that feature. In a big playlist I can type just enough to get the songs on screen and then with just a flick look through the matches. For instance I might be thinking "What is that song...I know it had "love" in the title." I type "love" and it finds 30 songs in that playlist that match. I flick down to get the one I want. If scrolldown is disabled I can't flick through the results.
    I assume you're referring to my comment in my last release message that said I would be disabling scrolling on the page eventually. The list itself will always be scrollable. It's the whole page that won't be scrollable in a future release if I ever work out the issue with filter lists.

    So basically now if you take your finger and hold the "Shuffle All" section at the top, you can scroll the whole page which is not desirable. When I disable page scrolling, you won't be able to do that any more. But you will be able to scroll the artist/album/song list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I just noticed that the Z in the Search Ribbon is covered by the notification bar and I am unable to click Z unless I remove all of the notifications.

    - Craig
    Yeah the "Z" is partially covered up but I'm still able to tap it as long as the notification at the bottom is small. I'll work on tweaking this in the next release.
  20.    #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by faderrific View Post
    You don't understand how much I love this app and the lyrics being downloaded!
    I think I understand now! Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions