Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2523
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Easter eggs! It's not a taxi cab, is it?
    There are no taxi cabs in my app as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    As for them being small things, one of the ancient spreadsheet programs used to have a built in mini-flight simulator in it, just for giggles
    Yeah...I'll have to consider adding a flight simulator as the next easter egg.

But you never know...maybe I'll make the next one a bit more fun.
    lol alright well cool little hidden 'feature', keep up the great work on this amazing app!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you saying it continues playing the previous song for a half-second before starting the next song, or that it starts playing the previous song from its beginning (00:00)? If it's the latter, I've never seen that happen, and haven't heard that reported ever. And you're saying it happens on every single song in your collection, every single time?

I'd prefer not to re-distribute older versions of the code.
    The bug is a little hard to explain, and frankly quit weird, so bare with me.

Lets say I open the app(I will call this a 'fresh start'), if I go to any playlists, select any song, it will play the first quarter second (that's from 00:00) of the song twice. Note, on a fresh start, this happens in 'playlists' and 'albums', sometimes(really weird), but does NOT happen in 'songs', 'artist' or 'flylists'. After a song is playing, if I change the songs within the now playing area (in cover view or list view) I do NOT experience the bug. However, if change songs out of the now playing area - throughout the player - I DO experience the bug. I have tested this in the original music app, and none of this occurs.

I have doctored my phone for others reasons, and this as transcended throughout all of the doctors.

The reason I offered to test older version is because I too have never heard of this, witch means this bug fix would be for small amount of people. So I offered to test to make it easier for you fix, sense I am the only to report this bug. But its your code, so if you don't want to re-distribute older versions, I will respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I am using the app to play Audible books that I have converted to mp3 and it works great. Thanks. This solves a major problem for me until Audible comes up with an app for the Pre.

One minor issue, though. Often in an audio book you need to move back and forth, say to go back and hear something you missed. The problem is that when I tap, hold and drag the slider it moves in big jumps. It is very hard to get to where you want to go in the book. Is there any way to fine tune this?
    You mentioned that you converted Audible Books to Mp3s that will play on the Remix player.... How did you convert them? Am I an *****? (don't answer that). Special software? I have Roxio Sound editor but it doesn't recognize the audible downloads. HELP!?!?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    lmao I found it! The hint now does make sense and here's an idea that maybe you can incorporate a coverflow type landscape mode or maybe change the animation style on the portrait mode that'd be cool
    Last edited by psvillars; 10/13/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    i give up on the easter egg! augh!

amazing app though!
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    i give up on the easter egg! augh!

amazing app though!
    If you want the answer, PM me.
  8.    #1108  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    The bug is a little hard to explain, and frankly quit weird, so bare with me.

Lets say I open the app(I will call this a 'fresh start'), if I go to any playlists, select any song, it will play the first quarter second (that's from 00:00) of the song twice. Note, on a fresh start, this happens in 'playlists' and 'albums', sometimes(really weird), but does NOT happen in 'songs', 'artist' or 'flylists'. After a song is playing, if I change the songs within the now playing area (in cover view or list view) I do NOT experience the bug. However, if change songs out of the now playing area - throughout the player - I DO experience the bug. I have tested this in the original music app, and none of this occurs.
    Yes, I've also experienced that sometimes when starting a track, it replays the first quarter second of the track. This is probably due to the changes I made related to bookmarks. But this doesn't happen everytime.

So you said if you change tracks on the "album art" or "current play list" screens, the bug doesn't happen. But if you change it on other screens it does. The only way to change tracks on other screens is from the dashboard at the bottom of the screen. So I assume that's what you're doing? Is there any other way you're changing tracks?

Also, you didn't answer my question related to the nature of the bug you're seeing (see my original note for the question I asked).

EDIT: I just re-read your message. Is the "bug" you're referring to that it plays the first quarter second of the track twice when you first start it? Or is there another bug?
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/14/2009 at 07:16 AM.
    YAY does the happy "i found it" dance!! i just love Easter Eggs ( and am so easily entertained! lol )
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  10.    #1110  
    <duplicate post deleted>
  11.    #1111  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    YAY does the happy "i found it" dance!! i just love Easter Eggs ( and am so easily entertained! lol )
    Yes, easter eggs rock!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    I can't believe we never had that "option" before,
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I use Sound Taxi to convert the Audible files to mp3. It takes a long time - several hours for a full book. Then I just copy the resulting file to the Pre and use Music Player (Remix) to listen.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    can someone please PM me....I'm driving myself crazy aboit this easter egg. I can't get any work done. I got the clues and I thought had it but I guess I was wrong...help please
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    can someone please PM me....I'm driving myself crazy aboit this easter egg. I can't get any work done. I got the clues and I thought had it but I guess I was wrong...help please
    PM sent...now go back to work!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    PM sent...now go back to work!
    thank you...very cool. Your app is still the reason I love my pre the most. Now back to work lol
  17.    #1117  
    I've gotten several PMs from people wanting a solution to Easter Egg #1. So for those of you who can no longer stand it, here's the solution: Music Player (Remix) - Easter Egg Solutions

But I'm warning you before you click the link, it would be so much more satisfying to see it if you figured it out on your own!
    Yes, I've also experienced that sometimes when starting a track, it replays the first quarter second of the track. This is probably due to the changes I made related to bookmarks. But this doesn't happen everytime.

So you said if you change tracks on the "album art" or "current play list" screens, the bug doesn't happen. But if you change it on other screens it does. The only way to change tracks on other screens is from the dashboard at the bottom of the screen. So I assume that's what you're doing? Is there any other way you're changing tracks?

Also, you didn't answer my question related to the nature of the bug you're seeing (see my original note for the question I asked).

EDIT: I just re-read your message. Is the "bug" you're referring to that it plays the first quarter second of the track twice when you first start it? Or is there another bug?
    The 'bug' I referred to is indeed the playback bug I was attempting to describe.

And this is the question you are referring to?

"Are you saying it continues playing the previous song for a half-second before starting the next song, or that it starts playing the previous song from its beginning (00:00)? If it's the latter, I've never seen that happen, and haven't heard that reported ever."

I'm am saying the latter, it repeats from 00:00.

When I say now playing section, I mean the section of the player that is in your avatar, including the list view in that section. The dashboard controls does not trigger the playback bug(the we have bean talking about) ether. Its when I sweep left in the gesture area, getting out of the now playing section, that when I select a song, that the bug happens, across the entirety of the player. When I said it does not happen in certain parts of the player, I was only referring to when I first started up the player up and selected a song, I after I select the first song, it happens every time, if I exit the now playing section.

Does that answer everything?
    Dan, at this time, is it possible to play (select or combine) 2 or more flylists? In other words, can I select both Modern Rock and Classic Rock flylists. If yes, how and if not, is it something in the works?
  20.    #1120  
    Fallen,

Here's your description of the bug from your original post:

When ever I manually change a song, I hear the first half second of the song I just switched from.
    And here's your description of the bug from your other post:

Lets say I open the app(I will call this a 'fresh start'), if I go to any playlists, select any song, it will play the first quarter second (that's from 00:00) of the song twice
    In the first quote, you said that the first part of the song you switched "from" is replayed. But in the second quote, you said the first part of the song you're going to is played twice. These two descriptions are not describing the same phenomena.

Assuming your second quote is the one that's accurate, then yes I've experienced this phenomena as well. I'm pretty sure it's related to my bookmark playback code. I haven't bothered messing with it too much because I don't see it as a major flaw. It's just a bit quirky.