Page 55 of 127 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2523
  1.    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Easter egg... I don't normally use that function at all so I don't know if I actually found it. Can it be said that "what once only served a single function, is now multi-functioning" ?
    That is the most cryptic thing I have ever seen. I have no idea what you're talking about!

I think you're thinking way too hard about this. When you find the easter egg, you'll know it. You won't have to wonder if you did.

If you really want to know the answer, then PM me and I'll tell you there. But before doing that, re-read the original clue again paying attention to every single word.
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked before. The thread has gotten mighty large and searching didn't yield a result.

Do you plan on making the Remix bookmarks work similar to the stock player update in that it auto resumes/auto bookmarks Spoken Work and Audiobook genres? I've switched back to the stock player as I don't have to remember to save a bookmark before closing the app but I oh so miss many of the other functions of Remix.

Great work as always.

Thanks.
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked before. The thread has gotten mighty large and searching didn't yield a result.

Do you plan on making the Remix bookmarks work similar to the stock player update in that it auto resumes/auto bookmarks Spoken Work and Audiobook genres? I've switched back to the stock player as I don't have to remember to save a bookmark before closing the app but I oh so miss many of the other functions of Remix.

Great work as always.

Thanks.
    You need to keep up with the latest versions of the Remix app! The app has done this for quite a few versions now...but it does it for every single type of track, not just audiobooks. When you minimize or close the app, it saves an auto-bookmark and remembers the playlist (album, artist, genre, playlist, flylist, etc.) you were in. When you restart the app, tap the "Resume Play" button at the top of the screen to pick up where you left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That is the most cryptic thing I have ever seen. I have no idea what you're talking about!

I think you're thinking way too hard about this. When you find the easter egg, you'll know it. You won't have to wonder if you did.

If you really want to know the answer, then PM me and I'll tell you there. But before doing that, re-read the original clue again paying attention to every single word.
    LOL I kept it cryptic because I didn't want to reveal anything. I'll just PM you! :P
    You need to keep up with the latest versions of the Remix app! The app has done this for quite a few versions now...but it does it for every single type of track, not just audiobooks. When you minimize or close the app, it saves an auto-bookmark and remembers the playlist (album, artist, genre, playlist, flylist, etc.) you were in. When you restart the app, tap the "Resume Play" button at the top of the screen to pick up where you left off.
    Aye, I was using that and it worked well most of the time. Once in a while it would seem to forget where I left off. I guess I should have been more specific in that if I choose to listen to something else (music, different book) and I didn't create the bookmark then I lose my place.

Sorry for the lousily worded question.
  6.    #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Aye, I was using that and it worked well most of the time. Once in a while it would seem to forget where I left off. I guess I should have been more specific in that if I choose to listen to something else (music, different book) and I didn't create the bookmark then I lose my place.

Sorry for the lousily worded question.
    So if I understand you correctly, the built-in music app automatically remembers the position of every audio book on your device? If that's the case, then no the Remix app does not do that. It only remembers the last played track.

For the time being, if you want to use the Remix app, if you decide to switch tracks, you need to save a manual bookmark. It's just a tap of the bookmark icon at the top of the page.

I'm pretty sure the way they implemented bookmarks is with cookies (this is also what I did for my auto-bookmark). It's the only way to reliably save information prior to an app closing due to the way webOS currently handles asynchronous calls when an app closes. Unfortunately, this results in a separate cookie for each track a user listens to. It just seems like an ugly design.

Ideally, bookmarks would be saved in a single database; however since DB calls are asynchronous, this is not currently possible. If they fix the issue of asynchronous calls not completing when the app exits, then I can implement this type of auto-bookmarking in the correct way. Until then, I just don't think it's a good system (from a software design standpoint).
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    ok am i the only one that hasn't found this easter egg yet? If I'm guessing right from the hint everything i try to do in that particular area is producing nothing. Can someone come clean and just let the egg out of the bag lol thanks love the player keep up the good work
    Ok now that I finally found the easter egg I can give you a better hint. One easter egg that we are all familiar with is Dev Mode. Now think about the very first time you ever accessed Dev Mode - how did you do it? Apply that concept when hunting for the easter egg in the Music Remix app.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Ok now that I finally found the easter egg I can give you a better hint.
    "You" found it?
    "You" found it?
    Yep all by myself
    Hopefully all of those people who keep asking for an EQ can search and find this thread in the future. We all know as of WebOS v1.2 it is technically impossible to implement an EQ.

However, the solution is to buy a better pair of earphones.

I never realized how crappy earphones can be until recently. I briefly lost my favorite earphones (Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10) - these things are worth $400 (or $200 from Ebay). You definitely get what you pay for. So today I went to RadioShack and bought a temporary pair of SkullCandy earphones for twenty bucks. Man does the music on the Pre sound like crap with these things. I can see why so many people want an EQ.

Now don't get me wrong, I used to use the EQ in PocketTunes on my 755p all the time.

BUT it is truly amazing how well the sound is preconfigured on the Pre if you have a good pair of earphones. Luckily I found the good earphones I lost a couple days ago. I'm now comparing the two sets of earphones and I have a new appreciation for how perfect (rich, crisp, and deep) the sound is coming from the Pre using a high quality set of earphones. With these you really do not need an EQ. Again I stress, I used to use an EQ all the time, but you really do not need one with the Pre.

If anybody is curious to research this further, go to any location of the store called InMotion. There you can try my kind of earphones as well as many other top notch brands for free - without the obligation of buying them. I dare you to accept this challenge
    I give up. Can someone PM me and tell me how to get to the Easter Egg?

Yes, I read all the hints.
    "Poor psvillars!"
    "I feel your pain; don't give up!"

" "
    " ""
  13.    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by onesickvdub View Post
    I give up. Can someone PM me and tell me how to get to the Easter Egg?

Yes, I read all the hints.
    PM sent...now tell me once you know the answer...didn't the hint make sense?
    ok...so I did what I thought was right, and I thought I found the easter egg (well technically I found an easter egg) but now I don't notice anything different...
  15.    #1095  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    ok...so I did what I thought was right, and I thought I found the easter egg (well technically I found an easter egg) but now I don't notice anything different...
    If you found the easter egg, you'll know it. There will be no difference in the app after finding it. It's just an easter egg.
    When ever I manually change a song, I hear the first half second of the song I just switched from. So, if I'm listening to song 'A' if switch to song 'B' I hear the first half second of song 'A', this happens through out the media player, including just starting song 'A' over from the beginning. This has bean happening at least sense 0.9.8, maybe before, but I know it at least goes that far back. I know it is a bug within your code because this does not happen in the default player.

If you gave me a download link to some of the past version I could test to see when it starts, I imagine it would help find the bug faster.

Thanks for you hard work
    If you found the easter egg, you'll know it. There will be no difference in the app after finding it. It's just an easter egg.
    so the easter egg is just that...an easter egg? No hidden features or anything? If that's the case, then sweet I guess I found it...
  18.    #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    When ever I manually change a song, I hear the first half second of the song I just switched from. So, if I'm listening to song 'A' if switch to song 'B' I hear the first half second of song 'A', this happens through out the media player, including just starting song 'A' over from the beginning. This has bean happening at least sense 0.9.8, maybe before, but I know it at least goes that far back. I know it is a bug within your code because this does not happen in the default player.

If you gave me a download link to some of the past version I could test to see when it starts, I imagine it would help find the bug faster.

Thanks for you hard work
    Are you saying it continues playing the previous song for a half-second before starting the next song, or that it starts playing the previous song from its beginning (00:00)? If it's the latter, I've never seen that happen, and haven't heard that reported ever. And you're saying it happens on every single song in your collection, every single time?

I'd prefer not to re-distribute older versions of the code.
  19.    #1099  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    so the easter egg is just that...an easter egg? No hidden features or anything? If that's the case, then sweet I guess I found it...
    Easter eggs are usually just fun little things that are revealed when you do a certain action in a particular way. In this case, it's not a hidden feature.
    Easter eggs! It's not a taxi cab, is it?

As for them being small things, one of the ancient spreadsheet programs used to have a built in mini-flight simulator in it, just for giggles
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre