Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2523
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I am using the app to play Audible books that I have converted to mp3 and it works great. Thanks. This solves a major problem for me until Audible comes up with an app for the Pre.

One minor issue, though. Often in an audio book you need to move back and forth, say to go back and hear something you missed. The problem is that when I tap, hold and drag the slider it moves in big jumps. It is very hard to get to where you want to go in the book. Is there any way to fine tune this?
  2.    #1062  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I am using the app to play Audible books that I have converted to mp3 and it works great. Thanks. This solves a major problem for me until Audible comes up with an app for the Pre.

One minor issue, though. Often in an audio book you need to move back and forth, say to go back and hear something you missed. The problem is that when I tap, hold and drag the slider it moves in big jumps. It is very hard to get to where you want to go in the book. Is there any way to fine tune this?
    I have it on my list to investigate ways of having more finely tuned scrubbing.
    I also would love to see what laingman suggested made an option at some point. The lag in the music player (stock and remix) is surely exascerbated by the album art. just a square with the song and artist info would be more than enough for me. My biggest issue with the stocker is SPEED, but the flylists on your version make it a lot better.
  4.    #1064  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I also would love to see what laingman suggested made an option at some point. The lag in the music player (stock and remix) is surely exascerbated by the album art. just a square with the song and artist info would be more than enough for me. My biggest issue with the stocker is SPEED, but the flylists on your version make it a lot better.
    I don't believe the album art on the "now playing" screen affects the app's speed. The main speed issues with the player are with the initial startup time (which I believe is due to the music library loading) and the time needed to render large lists. Other than that, the app's speed/responsiveness seems to be fine.

I'm sorry, but I don't plan on providing an option to remove the album art from the "now playing" screen. I think displaying the album art on this screen is an essential component of any modern music player.
    Found the Easter Egg. It was simple.
    I think this app i realy great even tho i dont know how to download it in to my pre since it is not found in to my phone's app catalog.
    i would realy like to have it on my phone. can someone please tell me how to download it and several other apps in precentral.net? I think there are really cool apps in this place.
    Please help me cuz i dont know much about computers other than surfing the internet and microsoft word and excel. Thanx.
  7.    #1067  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrieumar View Post
    I think this app i realy great even tho i dont know how to download it in to my pre since it is not found in to my phone's app catalog.
    i would realy like to have it on my phone. can someone please tell me how to download it and several other apps in precentral.net? I think there are really cool apps in this place.
    Please help me cuz i dont know much about computers other than surfing the internet and microsoft word and excel. Thanx.
    The Homebrew installation guide can be found here: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The Homebrew installation guide can be found here: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    Thanks and i think the outlined tutorials are great. I can't wait to get off work and go home to try this. I want to see how your app will look like on my phone.
  9.    #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrieumar View Post
    Thanks and i think the outlined tutorials are great. I can't wait to get off work and go home to try this. I want to see how your app will look like on my phone.
    Have fun!
    It doesnt do anything im runnin1.2.1 and ever scince the begining i havent gotten it to be able to read any of my music.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Could you add an option to have the "Albums" section display the "Album Artist" id3 info instead of the "Artist" id3 info?

Also, since I have a few compilations on my Pre, the "Artists" section is cluttered. Could it check for a compilation tag and if it's present, make all the artists be grouped as together...somehow.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    found the easter egg... thanks for your amazing work.
    It's been mentioned a few times already, but have you though about Last.fm scrobbling? That would be a great addition and completely round out my Palm Pre feature list, at least for music
  14.    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet80 View Post
    It's been mentioned a few times already, but have you though about Last.fm scrobbling? That would be a great addition and completely round out my Palm Pre feature list, at least for music
    Search the thread for my previous response.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ok am i the only one that hasn't found this easter egg yet? If I'm guessing right from the hint everything i try to do in that particular area is producing nothing. Can someone come clean and just let the egg out of the bag lol thanks love the player keep up the good work
  16.    #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapd3lirio View Post
    It doesnt do anything im runnin1.2.1 and ever scince the begining i havent gotten it to be able to read any of my music.
    I'm going to need more details as to what's happening when you try to use the app.
  17.    #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    Could you add an option to have the "Albums" section display the "Album Artist" id3 info instead of the "Artist" id3 info?

Also, since I have a few compilations on my Pre, the "Artists" section is cluttered. Could it check for a compilation tag and if it's present, make all the artists be grouped as together...somehow.
    Unfortunately the app doesn't have access to ID3 data. It only has access to the limited information provided by the MediaDB service. I hope that one day this service will open up and provide all ID3 tag data for each track.
  18.    #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    ok am i the only one that hasn't found this easter egg yet? If I'm guessing right from the hint everything i try to do in that particular area is producing nothing. Can someone come clean and just let the egg out of the bag lol thanks love the player keep up the good work
    Hint: Ignore that particular area of the screen that you've been focusing on. It's something else you haven't thought of yet.
    Found the easter egg.

More importantly, great job on this app! Keep it up.
    Easter egg... I don't normally use that function at all so I don't know if I actually found it. Can it be said that "what once only served a single function, is now multi-functioning" ?