Page 52 of 127 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2523
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great app and the continued improvements. You've single handedly made the music app as good if not better than any other phone out there right now.
    Thanks a lot! I think Palm's app had the potential to be something great. It's almost as if they started the project and never quite finished. So I'm just picking up where they left off.

I think Palm hit a home run when implementing many aspects of webOS such as synergy, multitasking, and notifications/dashboards; however, I think they overlooked the importance of a fully-featured media player. In this day and age where people are trying to use only one device for all their mobile needs, a solid music player app is absolutely necessary if you want to convert people to your platform.
  2.    #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    You Sir are indeed correct, guess Im a lil anxious, this is by far the most used app on mine and anyone in my households pres...!
    I'll still take a look at it. Technically, once the user goes to the "now playing" screen, if they go back to the main menu, they should be able to have the "Now Playing" button to go back to their selected playlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll still take a look at it. Technically, once the user goes to the "now playing" screen, if they go back to the main menu, they should be able to have the "Now Playing" button to go back to their selected playlist.
    Thats what I was thinking, but honestly not a SUPER huge deal :P If your bored sometime maybe itll be a fun and easy one for you !
  4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, but honestly not a SUPER huge deal :P If your bored sometime maybe itll be a fun and easy one for you !
    I'm not sure fixing bugs is exactly fun...but yeah I imagine it should be easy.
    Dan -

Just downloaded v10 and continue love your app. Have not located the easter egg unless it is something that was not there before that I never noticed was there . .lol
    Question - is there a way to prevent the sounds and ringtones from populating into the library. I did a swip on the random sounds I have loaded - exited and restarted the app and they had returned.

Not a huge issue but don't really want to hear the sounds that I loaded that are in a mp3 or wav format when I play shuffle all.
    I found the Easter Egg! You are golden!

Thank you so much for giving us the option to have playlist in their original order or alphabetically. Thank you!

I love being able to put Playlists at the top of the menu. Great touch!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Found the Easter Egg too - Such a pretty bow
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazinfly View Post
    Dan -

Just downloaded v10 and continue love your app. Have not located the easter egg unless it is something that was not there before that I never noticed was there . .lol
    Question - is there a way to prevent the sounds and ringtones from populating into the library. I did a swip on the random sounds I have loaded - exited and restarted the app and they had returned.

Not a huge issue but don't really want to hear the sounds that I loaded that are in a mp3 or wav format when I play shuffle all.
    If you have your ringtones in the "ringtones" directory in the /media/internal directory (which is the root directory displayed when you hook up the phone to your computer in USB mode), the ringtones won't show up in the music player.

You have to do perform a specific action to find the easter egg. Trust me, you'll know when you found it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    "The" killer app continues to get even better! Love the RESUME PLAY button.

BTW, found the easter egg... First time I've seen an Easter egg that is.
    Hmmm. Updated, but when I select an album or playlist now, nothing plays. I'll try to un/re-install.

Added: Nope, no more music. Selecting from "Album," "Artist," or "Playlist," will not play any music. Selecting from "Genre," or "Songs" will. Album art for a couple of albums has also disappeared. Stock Palm player works just fine, though.
    Last edited by PookiePrancer; 10/11/2009 at 09:39 AM.
  11.    #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Hmmm. Updated, but when I select an album or playlist now, nothing plays. I'll try to un/re-install.

Added: Nope, no more music. Selecting from "Album," "Artist," or "Playlist," will not play any music. Selecting from "Genre," or "Songs" will.
    So absolutely no albums, artists, or playlists are playing on your device? It'll help if you can do some testing to see if that's really the case, or if you're having an issue with a certain album/artist/playlist. Also, can you provide more detailed steps on how to recreate the problem. Also, what happens when you select the album/artist/playlist? Does the "now playing" screen load with no songs? Does it not load? Does the player crash? Do the songs load, but they just don't play?
    So absolutely no albums, artists, or playlists are playing on your device? It'll help if you can do some testing to see if that's really the case, or if you're having an issue with a certain album/artist/playlist. Also, can you provide more detailed steps on how to recreate the problem. Also, what happens when you select the album/artist/playlist? Does the "now playing" screen load with no songs? Does it not load? Does the player crash? Do the songs load, but they just don't play?
    I was gonna ask what you wanted me to do to help troubleshoot before I uninstall (which I've tried sveral times, btw, as well as resetting/restarting my Pre several times).

All I did was updated and launched. Library was read, but a couple albums were missing art now. Selection from the menus I listed will load the appropriate list, but that's as far as I can get. When I press "Albums," for example, the album list loads, but selecting ANY of them will do nothing at all. I get the "touch" ripple, but songs don't load, much less play. Same for playlists and artists. The lists load, but selecting any playlist or artist won't load songs on those lists, which means you can't play them.

Let me know what else you need.
    V10 seems noticeably faster (or maybe I'm being fooled by the splash screen?) Anyway thanks again for the great work!!!
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  14.    #1034  
    I was gonna ask what you wanted me to do to help troubleshoot before I uninstall (which I've tried sveral times, btw, as well as resetting/restarting my Pre several times).

All I did was updated and launched. Library was read, but a couple albums were missing art now. Selection from the menus I listed will load the appropriate list, but that's as far as I can get. When I press "Albums," for example, the album list loads, but selecting ANY of them will do nothing at all. I get the "touch" ripple, but songs don't load, much less play. Same for playlists and artists. The lists load, but selecting any playlist or artist won't load songs on those lists, which means you can't play them.

Let me know what else you need.
    And this happens on every single artist/playlist/etc. in your collection? Is the whole app frozen after making the selection? What happens when you select "shuffle all" on those screens?
    And this happens on every single artist/playlist/etc. in your collection? Is the whole app frozen after making the selection? What happens when you select "shuffle all" on those screens?
    Yes; every single playlist, album, or artist. The app never freezes, it just won't load songs from the lists on any of those categories; I can swipe back to main screen at any time. "Album" lists all my albums; "Playlists" lists all my paylists; "Artists" lists all the artists. But selecting any album, playlist, or artist won't load corresponding songs, so I can't select "shuffle all" in any of those categories. I tap on a playlist, I see the ripple, nothing happens.

Selecting "shuffle all" from the main menu page does play the music, as does selecting the "genre" and "songs" menus.

Oh, also just noticed not all of my artists are even listed when I select "Artists." In fact, only one of them is :-O

Did you change the way the app reads the library with this version? Maybe something got whacked there.
    Last edited by PookiePrancer; 10/11/2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added question
  16.    #1036  
    "Artists" lists all the artists.
    Oh, also just noticed not all of my artists are even listed when I select "Artists." In fact, only one of them is :-O
    These two statements I quoted above contradict each other. You first say that your artists (plural) all list. But then you say that only one artist shows up. And somehow you just noticed that. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but that just doesn't seem right.
    These two statements I quoted above contradict each other. You first say that your artists (plural) all list. But then you say that only one artist shows up. And somehow you just noticed that. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but that just doesn't seem right.
    No, you're right. I've un/re-installed several times, from both preware and filecoaster to see if I'd get different results. As of the last install, I only see one artist in "artists" list.

I'm gonna try wiping all the music and putting it back to see what happens.
  18.    #1038  
    No, you're right. I've un/re-installed several times, from both preware and filecoaster to see if I'd get different results. As of the last install, I only see one artist in "artists" list.

I'm gonna try wiping all the music and putting it back to see what happens.
    Is the artist the first alphabetical artist in your normal list of artists? What is the artist that should appear after this artist (alphabetically)?

See what happens when you list artists in the original music player app. Also can you try typing a few letters with your keyboard will browsing the artist list. Choose letters that you know will bring up an artist that is missing from your list and see if the artist appears.
    Well, bummer. When I wiped/re-syn'd my music, I can now only see two albums (both missing album art now), and two playlists, though the app correctly states it's read 97 songs. "Songs" still lists all of them, and they're playable. Same goes for "genre," so no change there.

To your question about artists: the first artist is "O" (with the quotation marks). That agrees with the stock player. The next should be 3 Times 6, followed by 808 State, and then the alphabeticals. On Music (Remix), all I see is "O." If I start typing a letter, it will display that letter, and EVERY ARTIST THAT FOLLOWS. So, "A" shows me the A's and every letter that follows (categorized correctly by letter), but it will NOT show "O" or 808 State. Typing "B" shows the B's and everything after, but not "O", 808 State, or the A's...and so forth.

Since I'm not seeing all the albums or playlists any more, I tried the same typing trick to search for them. Some do come up, but some don't. It doesn't like "R" when searching for albums, for instance (I have several "Razormaid" albums in the library), and it's been showing the spinning activity circle for several minutes now. But none of the albums are appearing, except for one of the ones with the now-missing album art (though strangely, the only other album that appears when I select "Albums," another Razormaid album, DISappears when I type "R"). This is getting fun

Any way to revert back to the last version ?
    Last edited by PookiePrancer; 10/11/2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added question.
  20.    #1040  
    Well, bummer. When I wiped/re-syn'd my music, I can now only see two albums (both missing album art now), and two playlists, though the app correctly states it's read 97 songs. "Songs" still lists all of them, and they're playable. Same goes for "genre," so no change there.

To your question about artists: the first artist is "O" (with the quotation marks). That agrees with the stock player. The next should be 3 Times 6, followed by 808 State, and then the alphabeticals. On Music (Remix), all I see is "O." If I start typing a letter, it will display that letter, and EVERY ARTIST THAT FOLLOWS. So, "A" shows me the A's and every letter that follows (categorized correctly by letter), but it will NOT show "O" or 808 State. Typing "B" shows the B's and everything after, but not "O", 808 State, or the A's...and so forth.

Since I'm not seeing all the albums or playlists any more, I tried the same typing trick to search for them. Some do come up, but some don't. It doesn't like "R" when searching for albums, for instance (I have several "Razormaid" albums in the library), and it's been showing the spinning activity circle for several minutes now. But none of the albums are appearing, except for one of the ones with the now-missing album art (though strangely, the only other album that appears when I select "Albums," another Razormaid album, DISappears when I type "R"). This is getting fun

Any way to revert back to the last version ?
    I think I may know what it is. In a few minutes, I'll PM you a test version that I think will fix the Artist list (not the other lists). Please install this and let me know what happens.