Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2523
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Thank you, Dan!

I have been thinking a lot about this to try to think of anything that might help. Up through V9.7 when you call up a playlist they are in the playlist's own order.

Maybe let that be the way a playlist is first brought up. Only if you press ABC would it switch to sort by title as 9.8+ defaults? Once you click on your song it sets a bookmark or whatever there and goes back to whatever order they were in?

That way you can play a playlist or mix how you set it up but still use ABC?

Or maybe also post 9.7 for people who love their mixes or playlists?

Again, I know that I am not on the inside looking at code. Just a thought from way out in left field. I am just happy that you are still considering this.

And as always thank you for all that you are doing.

For anyone new joining us, if you have not yet donated to Dan, we used the donate link in the opening post:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yer-remix.html

And for everyone else who has donated, maybe consider another $10 for the best app on the Pre? No other app has any where near as many downloads as Remix - 114,000 in less than 2 months. If we each gave $10, Dan would be a millionaire.

Remix is so popular that there is now a patch to remove the basic Pre Music Player icon from the Launcher! There is no longer any need for the basic app.

- Craig
    I'm not sure what's the best way to do it, but I'll figure it out.

Thanks again for the support!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not sure what's the best way to do it, but I'll figure it out.

Thanks again for the support!
    Thank you as always.

I think you are going to get a quick plug this week the main blog page...

- Craig
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I would love for a way to disable album art for everything but the Now Playing screen. It's not terribly useful and it seems to bog down the application immensely. I fired up the app after a fresh reboot and it still took approximately 16 seconds to load all the album art in the "Artists" list and while it's loading you basically can't do anything with the player. While 16 seconds doesn't sound like a long time - it really is when you're trying to change a song or when you're in the car and want to change albums.

I may be off base here as to what's causing the lag but I can't see it being anything else. The "artist" list itself loads immediately, but the album art takes so long to load for each artist.

I may be the only one experiencing this lag but I really find that hard to believe.
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I would love for a way to disable album art for everything but the Now Playing screen. It's not terribly useful and it seems to bog down the application immensely. I fired up the app after a fresh reboot and it still took approximately 16 seconds to load all the album art in the "Artists" list and while it's loading you basically can't do anything with the player. While 16 seconds doesn't sound like a long time - it really is when you're trying to change a song or when you're in the car and want to change albums.

I may be off base here as to what's causing the lag but I can't see it being anything else. The "artist" list itself loads immediately, but the album art takes so long to load for each artist.

I may be the only one experiencing this lag but I really find that hard to believe.
    It does take awhile for album art to load on the album lists; however on my device, I'm able to scroll the lists regardless of whether the album art have loaded.

There's a feature I may implement in the future that may require that space to be free...so if I do that, the album art may be removed.
    ...There's a feature I may implement in the future that may require that space to be free...so if I do that, the album art may be removed.
    Everyone in my family loves our album art.

Instead of taking out any of the features from the basic Music Player, maybe make it an option?

- Craig
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Everyone in my family loves our album art.

Instead of taking out any of the features from the basic Music Player, maybe make it an option?

- Craig
    Music Player Remix has evolved from being just an addon to the original Music Player. It's its own entity now. That being said, if I need the screen real estate on the album/artist lists for this particular feature, the album art may be removed.

In general, if there is something in the current user interface that provides little or no value and a valued feature could be added by removing it, I'll do it.

For instance, I removed the playlist title from the titlebar on the "now playing" screen and replaced it with the "lyrics", "add to flylist", and "save bookmark" icons. No one has complained about that because the additions were far more valuable than what was removed.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yay -- a music player that allows you to create and edit playlists from the phone! That makes my life so much easier. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I just have to say, this is my hands down favorite app for the Pre. I use it almost every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post

-Visualizers! Plus, an option to just view the visualizer with no UI.

-An option to delete files. Not sure this is already included or even possible. I've tried swiping song away, but after reloading the app, they come back.
    Visualizers would be cool but since the raw audio data cannot be programmatically accessed maybe we can just have a static looping animation in place of album art?

As for deleting songs I use the homebrew app called Internalz. I just leave it open in a new card and flip back and forth between it and the Music Remix app.
  10.    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Visualizers would be cool but since the raw audio data cannot be programmatically accessed maybe we can just have a static looping animation in place of album art?
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to display a looping animation that provides no legitimate visual feedback. You're running the CPU (i.e. draining the battery faster) for nothing.
    I hear you Dan, that makes sense. I guess I just had a brief flashback of my new Pioneer car deck that has tons of cool static looping images to choose from.
  12.    #1012  
    Version 0.10.0 has been released!

Here is a list of features:

• Allow users to change the order of the items on the main menu screen by dragging them around. Add a new item to the app's menu labeled "Restore Default Menu Order" to restore to the default order.
    • An easter egg has been hidden somewhere in the app. Hint: "It's all About the Remix!" (If you find the easter egg, let us know here in the thread, but don't post how you did it!)
    • Add a splash screen when the app is launched to be displayed while the music library is loaded.
    • Fix a bug where selecting a song in the flylist after the 6th song would cause the 6th song to be loaded regardless of which song was selected.
    • Add an option to the playlist song selection screen to sort by original order (set on the user's computer) or alphabetically (original order is the default). Selecting "Alphabetical" will display the "ABC" selector on the titlebar. Regardless of which order is selected, when a song in the playlist is selected, the playlist is played in its original order.
    • Fixed bug where "now playing" scene was being added as an active scene anytime it was activated.
    • App menu options ("Preferences", "About", etc.) are available on the lyrics screen.
    • Add the standard "Edit" item to the app's menu and reposition the "Help" item to be last in the app menu.
    • Fix bug where the font color did not update on the Artists or Genres screen.
    • Fix bug where the font color did not update after changing it on the Preferences screen when viewing a list (songs, artists, albums, etc.).
    • Fix bug where the font color did not update after doing an "ABC" search.
    Thank you!

I really appreciate it.

Again, if anyone has not donated to Dan, yet, now is your moment. Just go to the opening post and click the donate button!

- Craig
    **Possible Bug in newest version.. When you open the app... Hit Shuffle all, gesture back and the now playing option will not appear..close app, open app, hit shuffle again, gesture back again, no now playing option on main screen... Other than that... EVERYTHING IS GREAT! Thanks again!
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    **Possible Bug in newest version.. When you open the app... Hit Shuffle all, gesture back and the now playing option will not appear..close app, open app, hit shuffle again, gesture back again, no now playing option on main screen... Other than that... EVERYTHING IS GREAT! Thanks again!
    You must be swiping back immediately after going to the "now playing" screen (i.e. before the track starts playing). When I wait for the track to start playing, the Now Playing button appears.
    Kool app this is what it should have been from the start. Great job just wondering if u can make the next update with an EQ
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin8ez View Post
    Kool app this is what it should have been from the start. Great job just wondering if u can make the next update with an EQ
    Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it. Unfortunately, an EQ is not possible with the current SDK.
    Great Music Player!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great app and the continued improvements. You've single handedly made the music app as good if not better than any other phone out there right now.
    You must be swiping back immediately after going to the "now playing" screen (i.e. before the track starts playing). When I wait for the track to start playing, the Now Playing button appears.
    You Sir are indeed correct, guess Im a lil anxious, this is by far the most used app on mine and anyone in my households pres...!