Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2523
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    First off, Thanks Dan for making this awesome app. I love it.

Secondly, the reason for my post. I have been finding that every now and then a song won't be able to download the lyrics. I found one this morning when I was in front of my computer so I went to lyrics.wikia.org and searched for the song to make sure all my info was correct. The track title and band name were the same in Remix as online but even trying 5 or 6 times to retrieve the lyrics I still can't get them. Is there something I should be checking in the file to make sure it's correct? I am more than happy to send you the track if need be to get this fixed. Or to take your advice if I an just doing something dumb.

edit: btw, I am just getting a "Unable to find lyrics" message. No error messages or codes or anything like that.

Thanks again
    To help you out, I need to know the exact song name and artist name shown on the Pre (case-sensitive and with any spaces or special characters left intact). Then I'll check out the lyrics page and try to figure out why it can't retrieve the lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    To help you out, I need to know the exact song name and artist name shown on the Pre (case-sensitive and with any spaces or special characters left intact). Then I'll check out the lyrics page and try to figure out why it can't retrieve the lyrics.
    One-armed Man (Play On) by Project 86.

Thanks again Dan
    Is it possible to ignore "The" in artists. there was a patch which required editing of files at web OS Internals. Anyone....? thanks
  4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaran-2000 View Post
    Is it possible to ignore "The" in artists. there was a patch which required editing of files at web OS Internals. Anyone....? thanks
    This was mentioned before. I have it on my wish-list of things to do.
  5.    #985  
    One-armed Man (Play On) by Project 86.

Thanks again Dan
    Take a look at the URL of the lyrics page for this song. You'll notice there is no hyphen ("-") between "One" and "Armed". This is why the lyrics cannot be retrieved for this song. If the song title in your MP3 files was labeled "One armed man (play on)", it would work.
    Take a look at the URL of the lyrics page for this song. You'll notice there is no hyphen ("-") between "One" and "Armed". This is why the lyrics cannot be retrieved for this song. If the song title in your MP3 files was labeled "One armed man (play on)", it would work.
    So it goes by the URL and not the actual song title in the lyrics? Because when I look at the title in the lyric section of the page it shows the same but I do see it missing it in the url.

I don't claim to understand how this is working, but it seems odd to me that it goes by URL.
  7.    #987  
    So it goes by the URL and not the actual song title in the lyrics? Because when I look at the title in the lyric section of the page it shows the same but I do see it missing it in the url.

I don't claim to understand how this is working, but it seems odd to me that it goes by URL.
    Yes it goes by url. The url is used to retrieve the data from their web server.
    Hey DanPLC... My vote is for SHUFFLE to resume on/off based upon what the user previously set it at..
    I also vote for this. Love that you got resume working to this point, but I usually listen to albums and don't shuffle much.

Still, this is all so awesome!
    Not sure if this is even possible, but when the pre is locked, can we assign the center button as the next track button?

Perhaps there is an app/tweak for this already. If so, anyone care to chime in.
    Has anyone seen this issue. It's not specific to Music Player remix, as it also happens in Music Player. But for some of my large Albumwrap mp3 files, the Music Player ends after only a few minutes, instead of playing the entire Albumwrap mp3. Anyone seen this?

Thx,
    B
  11.    #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by Borteg View Post
    Has anyone seen this issue. It's not specific to Music Player remix, as it also happens in Music Player. But for some of my large Albumwrap mp3 files, the Music Player ends after only a few minutes, instead of playing the entire Albumwrap mp3. Anyone seen this?

Thx,
    B
    Yes, this has been mentioned before. Search the thread for previous discussions of this issue.
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by llcj007 View Post
    Not sure if this is even possible, but when the pre is locked, can we assign the center button as the next track button?

Perhaps there is an app/tweak for this already. If so, anyone care to chime in.
    Look on the previous page (page #49) of this thread for your answer.
    Hey Dan I'm just curious what awesomeness the next version might have in it? You already know I love the app!
  14.    #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Hey Dan I'm just curious what awesomeness the next version might have in it? You already know I love the app!
    I haven't started the next release. I've been taking a bit of a break. But I don't expect anything major in the next release. I'll fix the issues some people have had with selecting songs in a flylist. Also I'll look into saving the last shuffle setting when saving the auto-bookmarks. And I'll be investigating ways of allowing the user to sort playlists either alphabetically or by its original order.

I do plan on including a small new feature that is kinda nifty. It's not groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination, but I think people will like it.
    I haven't started the next release. I've been taking a bit of a break. But I don't expect anything major in the next release. I'll fix the issues some people have had with selecting songs in a flylist. Also I'll look into saving the last shuffle setting when saving the auto-bookmarks. And I'll be investigating ways of allowing the user to sort playlists either alphabetically or by its original order.

I do plan on including a small new feature that is kinda nifty. It's not groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination, but I think people will like it.
    Thanks again for all your hard work and I look forward to your next release.
    ..And I'll be investigating ways of allowing the user to sort playlists either alphabetically or by its original order...
    Thank you, Dan!

I have been thinking a lot about this to try to think of anything that might help. Up through V9.7 when you call up a playlist they are in the playlist's own order.

Maybe let that be the way a playlist is first brought up. Only if you press ABC would it switch to sort by title as 9.8+ defaults? Once you click on your song it sets a bookmark or whatever there and goes back to whatever order they were in?

That way you can play a playlist or mix how you set it up but still use ABC?

Or maybe also post 9.7 for people who love their mixes or playlists?

Again, I know that I am not on the inside looking at code. Just a thought from way out in left field. I am just happy that you are still considering this.

And as always thank you for all that you are doing.

For anyone new joining us, if you have not yet donated to Dan, we used the donate link in the opening post:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yer-remix.html

And for everyone else who has donated, maybe consider another $10 for the best app on the Pre? No other app has any where near as many downloads as Remix - 114,000 in less than 2 months. If we each gave $10, Dan would be a millionaire.

Remix is so popular that there is now a patch to remove the basic Pre Music Player icon from the Launcher! There is no longer any need for the basic app.

- Craig
    I love it and just had to say THANKS out loud!!
    Can't thank you enough for this wonderful app! Easily my most used app on my phone.

A few suggestions for future updates (most of which I'm sure have already been requested):

-Visualizers! Plus, an option to just view the visualizer with no UI.

-An option to delete files. Not sure this is already included or even possible. I've tried swiping song away, but after reloading the app, they come back.

-Ablility to search/filter for files by just typing a song/artist/album on any menu.

-Change playback speed and/or add effects to the audio. Just for fun!

Anyways, thanks again. Wish Palm would allow this app into the official catalog so the "average" Pre user could use this as well. I can't wait for future updates!

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
  19.    #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    -Visualizers! Plus, an option to just view the visualizer with no UI.
    I'm not sure if this is technically possible. Visualizers usually oscillate based upon the music playing. I don't have low-level access to the current playing song, so I'm not sure how I would implement this.

-An option to delete files. Not sure this is already included or even possible. I've tried swiping song away, but after reloading the app, they come back.
    I don't think I want the app to be able to delete songs. I'd hate to have someone delete a song by accident. Also I doubt Palm will ever open up the SDK to allow users to delete files from the system. Just a guess...

-Ablility to search/filter for files by just typing a song/artist/album on any menu.
    I actually talked about this in another thread in the "WebOS Development" section of the forum. I'm thinking of doing this.

-Change playback speed and/or add effects to the audio. Just for fun!
    Currently, this is not possible with the SDK.

Anyways, thanks again. Wish Palm would allow this app into the official catalog so the "average" Pre user could use this as well. I can't wait for future updates!
    You never know what will happen!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/07/2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling error #2
  20.    #1000  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy_dog View Post
    I love it and just had to say THANKS out loud!!
    You're welcome!