Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    Awesome app! Thank you SOOO much! Bookmark feature would make this even better!
    That's what I'm working on right now actually.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Is there any way u can make the repeat option carry over from playlist to playlist.
    It gets annoying pushing the button everytime I change playlists.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Wow nice app, like that now I can drag my finger to skip through a song.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    You are the ****!
    DanPL,

Is there anyway you can update the Playlist functionality to actually allow us to create a Playlist of the songs we want to combine or have in one list? I am not sure what their Playlist does but its useless right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No it's a standalone app. I didn't want to mess with Palm's built-in app just in case people didn't like the changes. The icon shows up in a lighter blue tone so it's easy to differentiate between the original and "remix" app.
    Your a life saver wouldn't be surprised if palm makes this new music player a default is it possible to view all songs by artist instead of having to go back and fourth and in and out of albums it bigs me
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    DanPLC,

By far my most favorite Homebrew app in a while. Thank you for contributing to the community with this. As near as I can tell, you have added to the value of the native music player without removing any of its functionality. That's a definite win for everyone.

I have a couple of comments:

1. The ABC scrolling list seems to be finicky. I have to press very hard in order for it to register. This seems odd because I am getting the normal visual indicator on my Pre that I pressed down.

2. When the ABC option is selected, I think the scrolling list should start with the letter of the main list that is already selected. In other words, if I am already looking at songs starting with the letter "S" then the alphabet scrolling list should start at the letter "S" rather than "A".

3. Once I have passed a certain letter in my list I can't go back using the ABC feature. I get "Error. No songs found starting with A" showing up.

4. You should have a option to select songs starting with numbers or symbols. These appear before "A" in my list.

5. The feature that allows me to click near the bottom to pull up other albums and songs from the same artist only displays matches that I have in my own library. Perhaps that's what you intended but the description of the feature suggested to me that it would give me a more comprehensive list. I already know what songs I have so I don't find this feature all that helpful.

By the way, I have already replaced the native music app on my wave bar with this one. Thanks again!
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    DanPL,

Is there anyway you can update the Playlist functionality to actually allow us to create a Playlist of the songs we want to combine or have in one list? I am not sure what their Playlist does but its useless right now.

Thanks
    Do you mean adding on-the-fly playlists on the device? If so, I'd like to add this functionality.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    Your a life saver wouldn't be surprised if palm makes this new music player a default is it possible to view all songs by artist instead of having to go back and fourth and in and out of albums it bigs me
    I can look into it...I think it would be a good idea to have an "All Songs" selection at the top of the artist album list.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    1. The ABC scrolling list seems to be finicky. I have to press very hard in order for it to register. This seems odd because I am getting the normal visual indicator on my Pre that I pressed down.
    I think it registers...it's just a bit slow, especially if you have a lot of items in your list. It's definitely super-fast, but I thought it would be better than scrolling through the whole list to get to the letter. If I can think of a quicker way to perform the search, I'll update it.

2. When the ABC option is selected, I think the scrolling list should start with the letter of the main list that is already selected. In other words, if I am already looking at songs starting with the letter "S" then the alphabet scrolling list should start at the letter "S" rather than "A".
    I agree...I thought of this too. But it was kind of a pain in the **** to implement...so I skipped it for now.

3. Once I have passed a certain letter in my list I can't go back using the ABC feature. I get "Error. No songs found starting with A" showing up.
    Can you list the exact steps to re-create this error?

4. You should have a option to select songs starting with numbers or symbols. These appear before "A" in my list.
    I agree... I have it on my list of enhancements.

5. The feature that allows me to click near the bottom to pull up other albums and songs from the same artist only displays matches that I have in my own library. Perhaps that's what you intended but the description of the feature suggested to me that it would give me a more comprehensive list. I already know what songs I have so I don't find this feature all that helpful.
    Yeah it was my intention to show only items in your library. The reason it's useful to me is that sometimes I'm listening to a song and think of another song by that artist that I'd like to listen to. So now I can quickly bring up the artist list without having to go back to the main menu, go to the Artists list, and then find the artist.
    What about an equalizer?
    Dan,

Given your stated goals for this application (and that it appears you have accomplished them all) I won't be asking for any further feature requests as this Remix addresses the main issue with the shipped music player (no scrubber).

Thanks again for all your hard work, you made some much needed enhancements.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph6Raymond View Post
    What about an equalizer?
    I can't find anything in the current SDK to adjust audio levels.

Actually many of the APIs and Services being used in the Music Player app aren't public yet. I hope Palm steps up and releases a new, more polished version of the SDK (including proper documentation).
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by livewirevoodoo View Post
    Dan,

Given your stated goals for this application (and that it appears you have accomplished them all) I won't be asking for any further feature requests as this Remix addresses the main issue with the shipped music player (no scrubber).

Thanks again for all your hard work, you made some much needed enhancements.
    You're welcome!

I wouldn't say I've accomplished all of them. But yes the initial version of the app contain the modifications that I wanted to make the app more usable for me.

I'm going to pick and choose some of the other modifications already mentioned in this thread, primarily to keep learning the SDK.

But yeah, this is not meant to be an ongoing project to build the world's most perfect music app. I'm hoping that someone in the future will release a brand new music app that will blow the current one out of the water. But in the meantime, I think this remixed app should hold people over.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I see what you're talking about. The intent of the "ABC" button was to only be available when selecting a long list (such as "all songs", "all artists", or "all albums"). But I realize now that the songs view is shown when a genre or playlist is selected.

So I think I'm going to modify the code to remove the "ABC" button when showing songs for a particular playlist. I can't imagine anyone has a playlist long enough to warrant the use of the "ABC" functionality.
    Thanks! That's my only minor gripe as well: "ABC" sitting smack dab over a title. Other than that, this is awesome, and I can't wait to see what else you do with it! Now, if I could just delete the original Palm app in favor of this one....
    One thing I cannot figure out how to do is get the music player to recall to the last song played after the player has been closed and reopened. This seems to be causing the shuffle cycle to play the same songs too often. I'd love to see fixes for this in the remix.
    Dan,

This is great!

Months ago, I posted this photoshop mock-up:

Palm needs so much to have someone do a real music player.

For me, I miss Lyrics and the slider bar...

This is the iPod/iPhone player that everyone loves so much. You have done the slider and Artist button (Wiki lookup)!

Can you do the Lyrics button? Could it bring up a search of Lyrics.com - your music community with the largest searchable lyrics database.
    Lyrics Mania
    lyricsfly.com - Song lyrics search database

or maybe better still just use the iGoogle widget:
    Lyrics Lookup - Add to your homepage

Also, can you save the place we left off when we last used the player?

And probably my biggest request...

In Album view, I do not want to go through the albums by album name. We sort our albums by artist in real life and we should have that option in our music players as well.

Apple (and now Palm) may think that people sort CD's by title but they are wrong. We sort our DVDs by title but our music is not by title but by artist.

Please allow us to view album mode sorted by artist.

- Craig
    Are you able to support .m3u playlists? I've only been able to use iTunes playlists in the built-in player.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    How about a shake to shuffle for the current playlist or all tracks on the 1st screen?
    Been using your app, nice work indeed. I like it much better than the native one. No lag, had several windows open at once and no skips. NICE!

One option I wish it did have was a crossfader from one song to the next. Sort of like on long mix of songs. Once the current selection gets near the end (final 6 seconds), the next song will start to play in a crescendo-volume style. This probably one of the few things that I actually like about my ipod. Thanks for app, great work!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!