Page 49 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
    What about a menu option to allow you to switch to the next track using the gesture button while the screen is off/locked. I know I never accidentally hit that button while in my pocket, and its basically useless anyway, except of course lighting up now!

maybe this could even be a universal patch/tweak so it would work with pandora too...
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    First I should say that I love your app and all your hard work on it really shows off.
    I have tried to search the thread but I didn't see this particular issue. When I select a flylist and then try to play a particular song from that flylist, it will not play that song but a different one. Let me know if you need more details.
    I'm not experiencing this on my device. How many songs are in your flylist? And does this happen every single time, in every single flylist?
  3.    #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    What about a menu option to allow you to switch to the next track using the gesture button while the screen is off/locked. I know I never accidentally hit that button while in my pocket, and its basically useless anyway, except of course lighting up now!

maybe this could even be a universal patch/tweak so it would work with pandora too...
    I would love to utilize this button (although I would use it for pause/play); however it's not possible to control this button.
    Bummer, what a useless button. Pause play would be nice too, maybe if its ever controllable pressing and holding would skip tracks. Oh well, thanks for replying.
    I'm seeing the same issue too. In my case it's related to a flylist that was created in an older version of the Music player. I just tried creating a new flylist, and it does not exhibit this issue.

Another issue is that, after I created a new flylist, the old flylist's now playing screen is completely unresponsive to any touch interaction.

First I should say that I love your app and all your hard work on it really shows off.
    I have tried to search the thread but I didn't see this particular issue. When I select a flylist and then try to play a particular song from that flylist, it will not play that song but a different one. Let me know if you need more details.
    Will last.fm scrobbling become part of this application? Is something that i have been hopeing would be added.
  7.    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I'm seeing the same issue too. In my case it's related to a flylist that was created in an older version of the Music player. I just tried creating a new flylist, and it does not exhibit this issue.

Another issue is that, after I created a new flylist, the old flylist's now playing screen is completely unresponsive to any touch interaction.
    I was able to recreate the problem where the wrong song plays when you select a song in a flylist. But it only happened once...I'll try to find the cause.

I'm not sure about your other issue. I don't think it has to do with old vs. new flylists.
  8.    #968  
    Will last.fm scrobbling become part of this application? Is something that i have been hopeing would be added.
    Search the thread for the answer.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/03/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post

Just making sure that you know that you can already touch the on-screen music controls while the phone is locked.

But of course making the gesture button finally useful in some way would be great. I guess we'll just have to wait until Palm one day allows access to it for modification.
    Thank you for the great app!

I'm just curious if it's possible to remove the gap between tracks. I never noticed it until I had Abbey Road on the other day. Thanks again!
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by baobab77 View Post
    Thank you for the great app!

I'm just curious if it's possible to remove the gap between tracks. I never noticed it until I had Abbey Road on the other day. Thanks again!
    Search the thread for "gapless" to find your answer.
    My playlists load in alphabetical order instead of their set order. Seems to be a problem just with the program because the playlists load fine in the normal music player. any help?
  13.    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    My playlists load in alphabetical order instead of their set order. Seems to be a problem just with the program because the playlists load fine in the normal music player. any help?
    Look a few pages back in the thread for a discussion on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I was able to recreate the problem where the wrong song plays when you select a song in a flylist. But it only happened once...I'll try to find the cause.

I'm not sure about your other issue. I don't think it has to do with old vs. new flylists.
    Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you but in answer to your questions: It happens every single time but I only have one flylist with 29 songs in it. I will try to make another one and see if it happens with that one as well.
    For what it is worth, I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. Created a new flylist from two different albums, and I experienced the same issue. It plays a different song than the one I selected.
    I just tried it again. I think I might have something. The song that it defaults back to is the same song each time and it starts with the letter G. If try to play any song in the flylist that begins with a letter before the letter G, then it plays. If I try and song after the letter G is doesn't play. Sounds strange, but that's what's going on.
    Last edited by bo4uofm; 10/04/2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: fixed some spelling
  15.    #975  
    Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you but in answer to your questions: It happens every single time but I only have one flylist with 29 songs in it. I will try to make another one and see if it happens with that one as well.
    For what it is worth, I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. Created a new flylist from two different albums, and I experienced the same issue. It plays a different song than the one I selected.
    I just tried it again. I think I might have something. The song that it defaults back to is the same song each time and it starts with the letter G. If try to play any song in the flylist that begins with a letter before the letter G, then it plays. If I try and song after the letter G is doesn't play. Sounds strange, but that's what's going on.
    I think the song beginning with the letter "G" is a coincidence. But thanks for the info...I'll definitely try to figure out why it does this sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think the song beginning with the letter "G" is a coincidence. But thanks for the info...I'll definitely try to figure out why it does this sometimes.
    It is a coincidence. I just made another flylist and the same behavior was exhibited, but at a different point in the alphabet. Songs before the one it keeps defaulting to will play when selected, but songs after the defaulted one don't. The screen will flash to the song selected then jump back to the default one.
  17.    #977  
    It is a coincidence. I just made another flylist and the same behavior was exhibited, but at a different point in the alphabet. Songs before the one it keeps defaulting to will play when selected, but songs after the defaulted one don't. The screen will flash to the song selected then jump back to the default one.
    Thanks for the additional info. I think that'll help me track it down.
    I haven't read the thread in detail abut skimming this particular page I see my issue is already documented.

I'm having some very bizarre issues with the flylist.

If I open a flylist with all songs shuffled, then I manually change the order of a song, it will mess up. I will click on "song 7" while it actually plays "song 3" then I click next song, and it gives me "song 10".. meanwhile when the track progress bar turns blue, it will be for the wrong song as well.
  19.    #979  
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymart81 View Post
    I haven't read the thread in detail abut skimming this particular page I see my issue is already documented.

I'm having some very bizarre issues with the flylist.

If I open a flylist with all songs shuffled, then I manually change the order of a song, it will mess up. I will click on "song 7" while it actually plays "song 3" then I click next song, and it gives me "song 10".. meanwhile when the track progress bar turns blue, it will be for the wrong song as well.
    Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the problem? I tried opening a flylist with the "shuffle all" button and then re-ordered a song and I didn't experience any issues.

Also how many songs are in this flylist?
    First off, Thanks Dan for making this awesome app. I love it.

Secondly, the reason for my post. I have been finding that every now and then a song won't be able to download the lyrics. I found one this morning when I was in front of my computer so I went to lyrics.wikia.org and searched for the song to make sure all my info was correct. The track title and band name were the same in Remix as online but even trying 5 or 6 times to retrieve the lyrics I still can't get them. Is there something I should be checking in the file to make sure it's correct? I am more than happy to send you the track if need be to get this fixed. Or to take your advice if I an just doing something dumb.

edit: btw, I am just getting a "Unable to find lyrics" message. No error messages or codes or anything like that.

Thanks again