Page 48 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Well, I just wanted to say thanks. You have now fixed the last thing that was on my annoyance list (remembering where on a playlist you are when resuming). Remix now remembers where I am in my audiobook and continues from that location when I resume. Turning off the shuffle would be nice since I have to manually do that any time it's restored, but that's not something that is a huge issue.

Since the music player now does what I have wished it would since the start, I went ahead and donated to the cause. Thank you very much for your hard work and I hope the contributions help.
    My playlist songs are now alphabatized instead of sequenced. The palm player has them in the correct order, but remix does not. I have Remix version 0.9.9.
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    My playlist songs are now alphabatized instead of sequenced. The palm player has them in the correct order, but remix does not. I have Remix version 0.9.9.
    Read my response from 1 or 2 pages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Read my response from 1 or 2 pages ago.
    Roger.
    Thanks for fixing the problem with the flylist. It works fine now with large flylists.
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_Lesher View Post
    Thanks for fixing the problem with the flylist. It works fine now with large flylists.
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I don't think I'll ever reach 50 songs in a flylist, so I would have never known about it.
    Hey DanPLC, a few of us on a different thread (http://m.forums.precentral.net/web-o...al-search.html) were wondering if it's possible/how hard it would be to add music to universal search? Simply type an artist, song, album, etc from the launcher and universal search finds what you are looking for, opens up your (awesome) app and plays your selection! Any idea if you can do this with what you have so far?
  8.    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    Hey DanPLC, a few of us on a different thread (http://m.forums.precentral.net/web-o...al-search.html) were wondering if it's possible/how hard it would be to add music to universal search? Simply type an artist, song, album, etc from the launcher and universal search finds what you are looking for, opens up your (awesome) app and plays your selection! Any idea if you can do this with what you have so far?
    You didn't see my response in your thread, did you?
    How do I ensure that the album cover shows? It does on some songs but not others?
    With the ability to choose background being so awsome, it is possible to have an 0ption to select bold font so the name of text can be easier to read against background pictures?
  11.    #951  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvannman View Post
    How do I ensure that the album cover shows? It does on some songs but not others?
    Search this thread for your answer.
  12.    #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    With the ability to choose background being so awsome, it is possible to have an 0ption to select bold font so the name of text can be easier to read against background pictures?
    That's a good idea. I'll investigate this.
  13.    #953  
    Some of you who look at lyrics regularly may have noticed that some songs are displaying a ringtone link when bringing up the lyrics page. It appears lyrics.wikia.com has inserted ringtone advertisements into many of their lyric pages.

In my next release, I'll account for these advertisements and fix the lyrics display for these songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    I hadn't thought of that possibility. I'll do some more testing and see what I can figure out. I'll report back anything I find.

Thanks for the responses.
    Hey I think I figured out the issue. Upon further inspection of my "Artist" screen I noticed that I had a file (click1.wav) from the Onscreen keyboard showing up in the list. This file did not have any Artist information saved in the tag. I deleted this file (I don't want my onscreen keyboard making noise so it was no big deal) and the Artist ABC jumplist worked like a charm after I deleted the file. To confirm that this was in fact the issue I switched over to the Album view. As you can see in the attached screenshot, there are some files with missing Album information on my Pre. The ABC jumplist does NOT work for the Album view. As I stated in a previous post, the Songs screen jumplist has always worked for me...this makes sense as the title of the song always exists as long as a file exists.

So, to summarize, the Artist or Album ABC jumplist seems to rely on ALL of the files in the app having information in the tags for the selected category. If ANY files are missing Album or Artist information, the jumplist fails.

I'm not sure if this is something that can be changed, or if users simply need to make sure their tags are complete, but since I brought up the problem I wanted to make sure I got back to you with what I found. Regardless, thanks again for a great app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    Hey I think I figured out the issue. Upon further inspection of my "Artist" screen I noticed that I had a file (click1.wav) from the Onscreen keyboard showing up in the list. This file did not have any Artist information saved in the tag. I deleted this file (I don't want my onscreen keyboard making noise so it was no big deal) and the Artist ABC jumplist worked like a charm after I deleted the file. To confirm that this was in fact the issue I switched over to the Album view. As you can see in the attached screenshot, there are some files with missing Album information on my Pre. The ABC jumplist does NOT work for the Album view. As I stated in a previous post, the Songs screen jumplist has always worked for me...this makes sense as the title of the song always exists as long as a file exists.

So, to summarize, the Artist or Album ABC jumplist seems to rely on ALL of the files in the app having information in the tags for the selected category. If ANY files are missing Album or Artist information, the jumplist fails.

I'm not sure if this is something that can be changed, or if users simply need to make sure their tags are complete, but since I brought up the problem I wanted to make sure I got back to you with what I found. Regardless, thanks again for a great app.
    Cool...thanks for the info. I'll try it out on my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Some of you who look at lyrics regularly may have noticed that some songs are displaying a ringtone link when bringing up the lyrics page. It appears lyrics.wikia.com has inserted ringtone advertisements into many of their lyric pages.

In my next release, I'll account for these advertisements and fix the lyrics display for these songs.
    That would be great. I noticed that this morning and was wondering about it.
  17.    #957  
    Version 0.9.10 has been released

It contains the following fixes:

• Remove any extraneous HTML code from the lyrics results, such as ringtone advertisements, to ensure the lyrics will display properly.
    • Improve handling of remix songs when retrieving lyrics.
    • Fix bug where ABC selector may not work if a song/artist/album name is not defined.
    Thanks for the music remix app.

Just had a request, I don't know if its possible or not but wanted to see if you can in next update make the app to be able to play songs in a particular folder meaning being able to go through music folder and only play songs in the selected folder.

Thank you again.
  19.    #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbagherian View Post
    Thanks for the music remix app.

Just had a request, I don't know if its possible or not but wanted to see if you can in next update make the app to be able to play songs in a particular folder meaning being able to go through music folder and only play songs in the selected folder.

Thank you again.
    It's on my list of features to consider; however I wouldn't expect it to be implemented anytime soon. The reason being is that I don't think this is a feature that would be widely used by the majority of the users. I think most people have moved on from folder browsing to ID3 tagging since it's so easy these days to tag files.

The other benefit of folder browsing, as I see it, is for easy playlist creation. But in this thread, there have been instructions posted on how to create playlists using Windows Media Player (since iTunes support may be indefinitely broken). So again for most users, there should be no need to have to browse by folder.

So if I'm going to add new features, especially ones that take a ton of time, I want it to be something that will benefit the majority of users.
    First I should say that I love your app and all your hard work on it really shows off.
    I have tried to search the thread but I didn't see this particular issue. When I select a flylist and then try to play a particular song from that flylist, it will not play that song but a different one. Let me know if you need more details.
    Last edited by bo4uofm; 10/02/2009 at 05:23 PM.