Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
    This is a great music player and has replaced the stock music player on my Pre! Thank you!
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    ...the playlist itself does play in the original order...
    Dan,

The playlist itself does not play in the original order when you start it or Resume.

One of the best features about playlists has been that you can lay out your playlist in the order you want. It might be by artist or you might want three songs to play back-to-back and then a group of six songs back-to-back and so on. They might not be in any order. The Pre's basic Music Player let you set up a mix any way you wanted.

You might start a mix playlist on your way to work. Remix 9.7 did that, starting with your first song. But now Remix starts on the first song sorted alphabetically.

On the way home you hit Resume Play to pick up where you left off. 9.7 put you right back in the list where you left off. But now Remix turns Shuffle On resorts the playlist by song title again.

Until 9.8 Remix only added features. Please do not take away the basic ability to start our playlists where we want to start them. Let us resume a playlist in the order we set up.

Please go back to how ABC search worked in 9.7 with the ABC search and playlists how we set them up.

Please do not "remix" our songs.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/29/2009 at 09:48 AM.
    I'm having a problem with the ABC jump list. Every time I've tried to use it I receive an error saying "No Artsist found starting with 'x'". As you can see in the screenshot, I very clearly have artists starting with the letter I selected. It's not just 'D' though, it's any letter. Is this a known issue (I read through the thread but could've missed it somewhere in 47 pages) or is this something that might be wrong with my Pre?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I know this is trivial, but how about some alternate now-playing screen layouts? Having the album art tilted annoys me. I would much rather have them square and not rotated.
    Is anyone else having issues after installing 1.2? The player wouldn't update after the upgrade and now it won't even install after I removed it.
  6.    #926  
    Milominderbinder,

The "ABC" function is going to stay the way it is because it was broken before. If the playlist song list is not ordered in alphabetical order, the "ABC" function doesn't make sense. I removed it awhile ago and there was an uproar over that mainly from people with large playlists, so I put it back in. But now that I realized that it was broken to begin with (i.e. when people do not order their playlists by song name), I've fixed it by sorting the song list (not the play order...the song list) alphabetically.

The playlist DOES play in its original order when you first select a song. But you are correct it does shuffle the songs when you "resume play". The original player doesn't even have the option to "resume play", so you have it better than you would with the original player.

The remix app is something I do in my spare time. Ultimately, the features and fixes implemented will be up to me. Some of those changes may not make everybody happy, but that's a given. You can give your opinion, but please don't keep harping on it and make demands about me changing something. If I can come up with a better solution I will. If not, then I won't.

At the end of the day, everybody here has a much better music player than the original one. You're not going to ever get your perfect player since you're not the one working on it. But you have something better.
  7.    #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I know this is trivial, but how about some alternate now-playing screen layouts? Having the album art tilted annoys me. I would much rather have them square and not rotated.
    Changing the layout of the album art screen is not currently in my plans.
  8.    #928  
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    I'm having a problem with the ABC jump list. Every time I've tried to use it I receive an error saying "No Artsist found starting with 'x'". As you can see in the screenshot, I very clearly have artists starting with the letter I selected. It's not just 'D' though, it's any letter. Is this a known issue (I read through the thread but could've missed it somewhere in 47 pages) or is this something that might be wrong with my Pre?
    I'm assuming you're running the latest version (0.9.9). So every single letter on the artist screen fails? How about the album and song screens?
  9.    #929  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Is anyone else having issues after installing 1.2? The player wouldn't update after the upgrade and now it won't even install after I removed it.
    What do you use to install apps? I use fileCoaster? I was having issues with fileCoaster myself. Have you tried installing another app to see if that one worked?
    I'm assuming you're running the latest version (0.9.9). So every single letter on the artist screen fails? How about the album and song screens?
    I didn't try every single letter but I did try about ten different letters on the Artsist and then on the Album screen. None of them worked. On the Songs screen the ABC functionality worked exactly as expected/advertised.

I decided I'd try a fresh install to see if that worked and no luck. Even after removing via Preware and then reinstalling via Preware it did not work.

EDIT: I am using the latest version.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I agree, it would be a nice feature. But for right now, bookmarks are saved single song positions. I'm not sure if I'll have the time in the short term to change this.
    I noticed that when I return to a bookmark the Shuffle toggle is set to ON. If you were to set that to off it will play the next chapter of the book for me. The problem is that it doesn't remember the Shuffle toggle for me. I always have to remember to turn it off. Can you make it so Shuffle is off when returning to a bookmark?

The app is excellent. This is more of a nuisance than anything else. Thanks again.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
  12.    #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I noticed that when I return to a bookmark the Shuffle toggle is set to ON. If you were to set that to off it will play the next chapter of the book for me. The problem is that it doesn't remember the Shuffle toggle for me. I always have to remember to turn it off. Can you make it so Shuffle is off when returning to a bookmark?

The app is excellent. This is more of a nuisance than anything else. Thanks again.
    There's no easy way to remember the order of the list when restoring an auto-bookmark which is why I set it to shuffle. So no, this is not something I can do easily.
  13.    #933  
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    I didn't try every single letter but I did try about ten different letters on the Artsist and then on the Album screen. None of them worked. On the Songs screen the ABC functionality worked exactly as expected/advertised.

I decided I'd try a fresh install to see if that worked and no luck. Even after removing via Preware and then reinstalling via Preware it did not work.

EDIT: I am using the latest version.
    There is probably an artist or album that has some type of weird name that is messing up the indexing routine. It's going to be hard to troubleshoot this issue since my device does not have this issue.

The reason I asked if every single letter was failing is because it may give a clue as to which letter is causing the issue. Say for instance, everything after 'E' was failing, then the problem entry probably begins with a 'D' or 'E'.
    There is probably an artist or album that has some type of weird name that is messing up the indexing routine. It's going to be hard to troubleshoot this issue since my device does not have this issue.

The reason I asked if every single letter was failing is because it may give a clue as to which letter is causing the issue. Say for instance, everything after 'E' was failing, then the problem entry probably begins with a 'D' or 'E'.
    I hadn't thought of that possibility. I'll do some more testing and see what I can figure out. I'll report back anything I find.

Thanks for the responses.
    There's no easy way to remember the order of the list when restoring an auto-bookmark which is why I set it to shuffle. So no, this is not something I can do easily.
    Hey DanPLC... My vote is for SHUFFLE to resume on/off based upon what the user previously set it at.. Here's why...
    I ran some tests and here's what I found...

1) for a PC created playlist originally sorted by artist when I resume and you have the shuffle on - I just turn the shuffle off and my now playing view automatically resorts back by artist - this happening now in v9.9 so I assume it has remembered how the playlist was originally sorted.

2) the same phenomenon occurs when playing an album right now - I resume and then take Shuffle off and then my now playing view automatically sorts back to the original sequence of songs in the album.

Were you experiencing a different behavior that made you want to default the Shuffle to On?

Again thanks for all your hard work - I love the app!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but will any update include an option to turn off album art? It seems to me that loading the art causes lags.
  17.    #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but will any update include an option to turn off album art? It seems to me that loading the art causes lags.
    You're either referring to the album art on the "now playing" screen, or on the album/genre/artist list screens. I don't experience much lag on the "now playing" screen, so I assume you're talking about the album/genre/artist list screens. It's possible that the album art could speed up the scrolling. However, since users can either type in a name to filter the results or use the ABC search function I added, I don't know if implementing this type of option would be the best use of my time.
  18.    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Hey DanPLC... My vote is for SHUFFLE to resume on/off based upon what the user previously set it at.. Here's why...
    I ran some tests and here's what I found...

1) for a PC created playlist originally sorted by artist when I resume and you have the shuffle on - I just turn the shuffle off and my now playing view automatically resorts back by artist - this happening now in v9.9 so I assume it has remembered how the playlist was originally sorted.

2) the same phenomenon occurs when playing an album right now - I resume and then take Shuffle off and then my now playing view automatically sorts back to the original sequence of songs in the album.

Were you experiencing a different behavior that made you want to default the Shuffle to On?

Again thanks for all your hard work - I love the app!
    If what you're suggesting is possible, then I think it's a good idea. I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    You're either referring to the album art on the "now playing" screen, or on the album/genre/artist list screens. I don't experience much lag on the "now playing" screen, so I assume you're talking about the album/genre/artist list screens. It's possible that the album art could speed up the scrolling. However, since users can either type in a name to filter the results or use the ABC search function I added, I don't know if implementing this type of option would be the best use of my time.
    I was referring to the latter. I don't always know what I plan on listening to in advance and am often browsing my entire library so a smooth scrolling experience is important to me. But nevertheless thanks for the response and the great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    That was quick. Glad to see you move so fast to add the lock-screen playback buttons. I really didn't want to go back to the stock music app.

edit: as of yet it's not listed in filecoaster. hopefully soon.
    I wanted to say the same thing. Your turn around on that change is awe inspiring. Thanks for the great work!