Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
  1.    #901  
    I tried that Pitbull song, and I'm getting the "101" parsing error as well. So there must be something screwy about the way that particular page is formatted. I'll check it out tonight to see if I can find what's wrong with it.
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    All of the improvements are important but these are both huge!

Thank you Dan!

By the way, congratulations on having the all-time top downloaded Homebrew app!

Everyone, I donated $10 to Dan. With nearly 100,000 downloads if everyone donated $10, Dan would be a millionaire. Let's do it!

- Craig

PS-Dan's donate button is in the opening post.
    Yeah I never thought I'd have more downloads than fileCoaster. That was kinda cool. Of course fileCoaster hasn't been updated in awhile, so that's probably why.

But I really doubt there are 90,000 individual users of the app. From what I can gather, the number represents the total number of downloads (including updates). I'd be curious to know the total user count though. I figure it's a few thousand. That sounds pretty good, but when you compare it to the number of Pre owners, you realize that not many people actually download homebrew apps. It's a shame because there are a ton of great ones out there.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The 1.2 update allows you to play, pause, and change the song on the lock screen but your app makes the buttons disappear. Just wondering if you could fix that.
  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson View Post
    The 1.2 update allows you to play, pause, and change the song on the lock screen but your app makes the buttons disappear. Just wondering if you could fix that.
    I'll investigate any changes made in the music app in 1.2 and see if they're appropriate or possible to incorporate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson View Post
    That would be awesome!
  6.    #906  
    I think I see where in the code they implemented the lock screen changes, so I'll see if I can incorporate them into the app.

Also I noticed that the ABC selector isn't positioned properly under webOS 1.2, so I'll fix that.
    Dan,

Can you also look up the issue when applying a picture taken on the Pre as the background picture for the music player. It doesn't apply the background picture correctly and stretches it out instead of making it fit to the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for making your music player infinitely better than the one Palm provided us.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Great job!

I hid the actual music app and just use yours as my default music player. Great idea just adding tweaks to the already developed music app. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

Although, I must admit, I have a LOT of respect for Blubble. He's got some patience and determination. haha.
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj View Post
    Dan,

Can you also look up the issue when applying a picture taken on the Pre as the background picture for the music player. It doesn't apply the background picture correctly and stretches it out instead of making it fit to the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for making your music player infinitely better than the one Palm provided us.
    For best results, the images should have the same aspect ratio as 320x480 (or 320x400 on Pixi devices). I tried different ways of displaying images with a different aspect ratio, and the current way of stretching the image to fill the display looked best to me. That way, the whole image is displayed. The other options were to use letter-boxing (black bars) or zooming the image in and keeping the aspect ratio (which cuts off portions of the image).

I realize not everyone is going to agree with my choice, but it's the choice I felt looked best with the images I tested out.
    webOS 1.2 Broke the Remix 0.9.8 Playlist sorting.

To test this for yourselves, make a playlist in iTunes or Windows Media Player and transfer (or sync) it to the Pre. Make sure that the playlist is sorted by anything but Song Title. If it is a mix, you might want to manually move titles around as well.

Play the playlist in the Pre's basic Media Player and your playlist or mix will be exactly as you saved it.

Play the playlist in Media Player (Remix) and your playlist or mix will be in a seemingly random order.

I tried this with every playlist and mix that I have (about 14) and all were put into a seemingly random order in 0.9.8 and in the correct mix or playlist order in the Pre Basic Music Player. (It is actually sorted by song name.)

Remove 0.9.8 and reinstall 0.9.7 and your playlist or mix will be back in order again.

It would appear that Remix 0.9.8 can't play a mix right now.

Could others verify this?

- Craig
  11.    #911  
    webOS 1.2 Broke the Remix 0.9.8 Playlist sorting.

To test this for yourselves, make a playlist in iTunes or Windows Media Player and transfer (or sync) it to the Pre. Make sure that the playlist is sorted by anything but Song Title. If it is a mix, you might want to manually move titles around as well.

Play the playlist in the Pre's basic Media Player and your playlist or mix will be exactly as you saved it.

Play the playlist in Media Player (Remix) and your playlist or mix will be in a seemingly random order.

I tried this with every playlist and mix that I have (about 14) and all were put into a seemingly random order in 0.9.8 and in the correct mix or playlist order in the Pre Basic Music Player. (It is actually sorted by song name.)

Remove 0.9.8 and reinstall 0.9.7 and your playlist or mix will be back in order again.

It would appear that Remix 0.9.8 can't play a mix right now.

Could others verify this?

- Craig
    Nothing has changed for me in this regard after installing webOS 1.2. Make sure you're not choosing "Shuffle All" which will shuffle the playlist in a random order.

When I choose any song in the playlist, it plays the list in the exact order that was created on my computer.
  12.    #912  
    Version 0.9.9 has been released!

It contains the following new features & fixes:

• Reposition the "ABC" selectors to be compatible with webOS 1.2.
    • The dashboard controls are now accessible on the device lock screen (similar to the original music player after the webOS 1.2 upgrade).
    • Flylists with more than 50 songs should now display properly without having to load the "current playlist" view and going back to the "album art" view.
    That was quick. Glad to see you move so fast to add the lock-screen playback buttons. I really didn't want to go back to the stock music app.

edit: as of yet it's not listed in filecoaster. hopefully soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Nothing has changed for me in this regard after installing webOS 1.2. Make sure you're not choosing "Shuffle All" which will shuffle the playlist in a random order.

When I choose any song in the playlist, it plays the list in the exact order that was created on my computer.
    Dan,

Let's take the simplest case I can think of. A guy has his classic rock playlist that he wants to play. He set up his playlist and stores it on his Pre and now is all ready to crank up the list starting the playlist with AC/DC! (the playlist is by artist).

Look at what happens with the basic (built-in) Pre Music, Music Player (Remix) 0.9.7, and Music Player (Remix) 0.9.8.

He tries it on the Pre basic Music Player. It's perfect. AC/DC Rocks!

He tries Music Player (Remix) 0.9.7. Remix Rocks! It even shows artist and album!

He tries Music Player (Remix) 0.9.8 (or 0.9.9).

That's not AC/DC! Dude, is that a trumpet?

Shuffle is off in all three cases. I reinstalled 9.7 and 9.8 to insure that no settings were left on. If there are cookies they would have to be the same.

9.7 works with any playlist no matter how it is sorted, in this case starting with AC/DC. 9.8 strips out the basic Music Player's ability to use a playlist by anything but song title.

I have tried with with a dozen playlists sorted by artists. 9.8 strips out how you sorted your playlist or mix and forces only sort by song title.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/29/2009 at 08:17 PM.
    0.9.9 did not fix it.

Same as above.

Chicago comes before AC/DC in a classic rock playlist sorted by artist.

- Craig

EDIT: Watch what happens next. Let's say the guy gives up and says fine play Chicago. Next up is the Eagle's Already Gone, right?

No. Now it goes back to how the playlist is sorted (by artist)!
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/28/2009 at 10:19 PM.
    Very very awesome. I have one thing that would be awesome if it's possible to fix.

When listening to an mp3 if someone calls it appropriately turns the music off, but it doesn't pause it. Meaning that when the call is over you have to rewind. Is this possible to fix?
  17.    #917  
    0.9.9 did not fix it.

Same as above.

Chicago comes before AC/DC in a classic rock playlist sorted by artist.

- Craig

EDIT: Watch what happens next. Let's say the guy gives up and says fine play Chicago. Next up is the Eagle's Already Gone, right?

No. Now it goes back to how the playlist is sorted (by artist)!
    You're still not understanding the change I made in 0.9.8. In the "song list", it is sorted alphabetically by song name so the ABC function will work. The screenshots you listed are of the "song list". Notice how the last screenshot is sorted alphabetically?

But when you click a song in the "song list", it'll go to the "now playing" screen and it will play in the playlist's original order.

I understand that the "song list" is not displayed in the original order, but the playlist itself does play in the original order. I think having the ABC search capability to be able to quickly find a song in a long playlist outweighs the benefit of displaying the songs in the original order.

But I can see if there is a way to toggle between the different sorting methods.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/29/2009 at 05:53 AM.
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by silkcom View Post
    Very very awesome. I have one thing that would be awesome if it's possible to fix.

When listening to an mp3 if someone calls it appropriately turns the music off, but it doesn't pause it. Meaning that when the call is over you have to rewind. Is this possible to fix?
    I haven't seen any code related to phone calls. I'm guessing this functionality is built into the phone app or the audio service. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.9.9 has been released!

[LIST][*]The dashboard controls are now accessible on the device lock screen (similar to the original music player after the webOS 1.2 upgrade).
    I am super excited about that feature! Thanks!
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    I am super excited about that feature! Thanks!
    Yeah it's pretty cool. It looks like this ability was unlocked with the webOS 1.2 upgrade; however, it doesn't appear to be documented in the SDK, so I assume this is a "Palm-only" ability right now.