Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbucknerbcs View Post
    When selecting a song from the player basiclly you would see the picture of the album in which the song came from.
    This has been discussed many times. You can search the thread to find the discussions related to missing album art. This is an issue with the original and remix music players.
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    It does show for some, but not for others.
    If that's the case, then maybe you can provide me a specific example of an artist and song that doesn't work and provide the exact error message displayed on the lyrics screen. Also verify that the artist name and song name in the file's ID3 tags match exactly (even lower/upper case) with the web page.
    Are we talking about the same thing here? I'm referring to the last 3 lines of lyrics in the lyrics view. The only way to read those 3 lines is to pull the screen up and hold it there. As soon as you let go, the list snaps to the bottom and the last 3 lines are not visible.

This is a lyrics view, so I would think that being able to read the last 3 lines w/o having to keep one's finger on the screen just to be able to view it would be prettty desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're not supposed to be able to read it. You have to scroll it. Think
    of it is this way, the readable area ends right before the fade. The fade is just a transition period before the total blackness. It's all aesthetics...and it's just the way I decided to present it.
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Are we talking about the same thing here? I'm referring to the last 3 lines of lyrics in the lyrics view. The only way to read those 3 lines is to pull the screen up and hold it there. As soon as you let go, the list snaps to the bottom and the last 3 lines are not visible.

This is a lyrics view, so I would think that being able to read the last 3 lines w/o having to keep one's finger on the screen just to be able to view it would be prettty desirable.
    I see what you're saying now. I'll look into changing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If that's the case, then maybe you can provide me a specific example of an artist and song that doesn't work and provide the exact error message displayed on the lyrics screen. Also verify that the artist name and song name in the file's ID3 tags match exactly (even lower/upper case) with the web page.
    I bought this song directly from Amazon.com on my Pre

Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)(Extended Mix)

and it can't be found on the search because there is only this one:

Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

Now, if on your SQL statement you can ignore anything in a song after ( or " for your search string, then it would work.
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I bought this song directly from Amazon.com on my Pre

Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)(Extended Mix)

and it can't be found on the search because there is only this one:

Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

Now, if on your SQL statement you can ignore anything in a song after ( or " for your search string, then it would work.
    Yes, that particular song title would fail. The app will first try out the full song title which in your case is "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)(Extended Mix)". When that fails, it finds the first "(" in the song title (starting from the beginning of the song title) and then removes all characters after this. So it would then search for "I Know You Want Me" which would also fail.

I think to fix this particular issue, when searching for the "(", the app should start at the end of the title instead of the beginning. That way, it would search for "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" which would succeed.

I'll include this in the next release.
    Could everyone test this to see if you are having this issue with the ABC button?

Go into a playlist that you created in iTunes (or at least on your computer).

The list needs at least 100 titles to really need or test the ABC button.

Press ABC and chose any letter beyond a G or so.

Remix for me at this point randomly picks artists in the A's or B's. I have tried it on all of my playlists with the same results.

Can anyone see if you can reproduce this?

Thanks,

Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/27/2009 at 01:01 PM.
    One other thing, if I search for a letter that does not get a match it gives an error message that I have to respond to instead of going to whatever the next letter would be.

Is anyone else getting this?

(I am trying to get this testing done quickly. Hopefully you will see why in a few days!)

- Craig
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    One other thing, if I search for a letter that does not get a match it gives an error message that I have to respond to instead of going to whatever the next letter would be.

Is anyone else getting this?

(I am trying to get this testing done quickly. Hopefully you will see why in a few days!)

- Craig
    Yes, it's designed that way. Let's say a user has no songs between 'C' and 'M'. If the app was designed in the way you described and the user searches for 'C', the app will go to 'N' which doesn't seem like what the user would expect.
    I have a Palm pre with updated OS, I go into the orginial music player (before installed remix) next into the music library to lets say 'ARTIST' catagory, and then you see the ARTIST NAMES to the left album picture covers to the right.
    Now after installing Media player (remix) those album picture covers are no longer there just the a generic symbol album in its place. And it shows up on both pre-installed and remix versions. Can anybody help me with this.
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbucknerbcs View Post
    I have a Palm pre with updated OS, I go into the orginial music player (before installed remix) next into the music library to lets say 'ARTIST' catagory, and then you see the ARTIST NAMES to the left album picture covers to the right.
    Now after installing Media player (remix) those album picture covers are no longer there just the a generic symbol album in its place. And it shows up on both pre-installed and remix versions. Can anybody help me with this.
    The album art will update slower in the Remix app because of how the list is rendered for the "ABC" search feature. So if you don't give it enough time to update, it may appear that the album art is missing.

I think the "ABC" search ability is more important than updating the album art right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Could everyone test this to see if you are having this issue with the ABC button?

Go into a playlist that you created in iTunes (or at least on your computer).

The list needs at least 100 titles to really need or test the ABC button.

Press ABC and chose any letter beyond a G or so.

Remix for me at this point randomly picks artists in the A's or B's. I have tried it on all of my playlists with the same results.

Can anyone see if you can reproduce this?

Thanks,

Craig
    I just tested it with a PC created playlist and here is what is REALLY happening... The playlist is being organized by artist but the ABC searches the song names NOT the artists!
  13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    I just tested it with a PC created playlist and here is what is REALLY happening... The playlist is being organized by artist but the ABC searches the song names NOT the artists!
    I don't use playlists...so are the song names or artist names displayed?
    Yes (and I tried to take a screen capture of it but your app goes all white when a press Orange + Sym + P).

Anyway, the appearance of the playlist is similar to the appearance of a flylist. The song names (large font) appear above the artist and album names (small font).

But like I said before...
    Playlists appear in your app sorted by artist.
    Flylists appear in your app sorted by song.

ABC searches song names. So when Milominderbinder searches G and it shows him artists beginning with A or B it is because those artists have songs that begin with G.

Solution... make Playlists be presorted by song just like you did with Flylists.

Thanks again for all of your hard work :-)
    Playlists created in iTunes will be sorted by whichever column it is sorted in iTunes. This behavior is exactly the same on iPods. So, those of you who are seeing playlists sorted by something other than the song name, check it in iTunes to see which column it's being sorted by.
  16.    #876  
    Yes (and I tried to take a screen capture of it but your app goes all white when a press Orange + Sym + P).

Anyway, the appearance of the playlist is similar to the appearance of a flylist. The song names (large font) appear above the artist and album names (small font).

But like I said before...
    Playlists appear in your app sorted by artist.
    Flylists appear in your app sorted by song.

ABC searches song names. So when Milominderbinder searches G and it shows him artists beginning with A or B it is because those artists have songs that begin with G.

Solution... make Playlists be presorted by song just like you did with Flylists.

Thanks again for all of your hard work :-)
    I just created an M3U playlist using the instructions you provided a few pages back and it worked perfectly, and sure enough it's not sorted by song name. Mine's not sorted by artist either, which is probably relevant to un_designer's last observation.

Now that I have a playlist on my device, I'll work on sorting it by song name and that should fix the issue.
    RealMayo,

Thank you for your testing and finding the ABC bug.

But disabling playlist sorts by anything but song title is not the solution.

So far Dan has been careful not to disable any of the basic Music Player features. Disabling the ability to sort playlist by anything other than song title would take away a huge feature.

When you set up your playlist, you chose how you want it sorted. I chose artist because I want to listen through one artist and then the next. Just like when I listen to CD's.

If Remix disabled such an important feature, it would force me to go back to the basic music player.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/27/2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Playlists created in iTunes will be sorted by whichever column it is sorted in iTunes. This behavior is exactly the same on iPods. So, those of you who are seeing playlists sorted by something other than the song name, check it in iTunes to see which column it's being sorted by.
    UD,

The reason that I and others click the artist or some other column for sort order is because we want our playlists to sort by artist or some other column. It was not by mistake.

Dan, please remove ABC search if it requires stripping out a basic feature.

The selling point of Remix all along has been that Remix is all good. Remix does not strip away any of your basic features.

If you cross the line and begin stripping out the basic features, Remix becomes an entirely different app.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/27/2009 at 07:20 PM.
    out of curiosity which software make m3u playlists?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    out of curiosity which software make m3u playlists?
    Dude read the previous page (page #43)