Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Regarding searching threads....

Here's an obvious technique but obviously nobody does it...

If people are too lazy to enter all the search criteria into this site's search function then a quicker easier way is to use Google like this...

Example: to search this thread for "album art" issues, enter the following as your search phrase....

album art site:http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/199607
    Thanks for the tip...I didn't know you could do that!
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    M3U PLAYLISTS DEFINITLY WORK!

btw "sideloaded" means you transfered them to your Pre via USB cable connect to the "side" of your Pre (get it).

Here's how (again)....
    1) Create a new folder on your PC. Name the folder whatever you want, but for this exercise let's call it MyStuff
    2) Drag the songs you want into MyStuff
    3) Open Windows Media Player (aka wmplayer) version 11
    4) In wmplayer, go to the Library tab
    5) Drag all of your songs from MyStuff into the playlist area of wmplayer
    6) In wmplayer, at the top of your list of songs click on "Untitled Playlist"
    7) Choose "Save Playlist As"
    8) Change the Save As TYPE to "M3U Playlist (.m3u)"
    9) Give your playlist a name. I'm calling mine MyPlaylist01
    10) Save it to your MyStuff folder
    11) Connect your Pre via USB cable and choose USB Drive mode
    12) On your PC go to the MyComputer icon and navigate to your Pre
    13) Drag the MyStuff folder any where you want onto the Pre
    14) Unplug your Pre
    15) Now open the awesome Music Remix app and choose Playlists (not flylists) from the menu
    16) Enjoy!
    Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I'm going to have to try this out one day.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Great update. This is definitely my favorite app by far.

Found a bug: If you're in list view and then go into lyrics, the slider doesn't work. In album cover view, it works fine.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Great update. This is definitely my favorite app by far.

Found a bug: If you're in list view and then go into lyrics, the slider doesn't work. In album cover view, it works fine.
    Yeah you're right. I'll fix it in the next release.
  5.    #845  
    Version 0.9.7 has been released.

Here is a list of the new features in the release:

• When retrieving lyrics from the web service, use XMLHttpRequest calls instead of Ajax.Request. It appears there may be a WebOS issue where Ajax.Request calls sometimes hang.
    • When searching for lyrics where the song title has a parenthesis (such as in remixes/mixes), search the full title first, then if that fails, search the title without the remix/mix.
    • The song title on the lyrics screen should always be surrounded by double-quotes (purely for aesthetics).
    • Fix bug where slider on lyrics screen did not function when switching from "current playlist" view instead of "album art" view.
    Nice app! Where are you getting your lyrics from? There are quite a lot of popular songs that don't have lyrics. It could be a parsing error....
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Nice app! Where are you getting your lyrics from? There are quite a lot of popular songs that don't have lyrics. It could be a parsing error....
    I get the lyrics from Lyrics.wikia.com. For the lyric retrieval to work, the artist and song name have to match the web site exactly. Also some songs are not on there at all.
    I have this song on my Pre:
    Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)(Something Remix etc)

and it can't be found on the search because there is only this one:

Pitbull:I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

Now, if on your SQL statement you can ignore anything in a song after ( or " for your search string, then it would work.

left(len(@SearchString) - CHARINDEX('(', @SearchString))

The same can be done for " or -

I hope this helps..
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    1. Someone else awhile ago mentioned headset pausing issues. I don't have or use the headset, so I'm not sure I can help with this.

2. If you can tell me how to reproduce this, then I can look into it.

3. Nothing is going to please everybody. Another person thought it was too blue. You think it's too dark. I can keep changing it over and over again, and someone else will comment that they don't like it. So it's going to stay the way it is now.
    1. it's just the standard headset/headphones that come with the pre. does your pre not come with one? the fact that every other song pauses, is really strange.

2. so these are the steps that i did to reproduce the issue:
    * have a couple of cards open so you can switch to later on, to test this issue
    * play a song, in album art mode
    * click over to lyrics mode and let it play
    * after about maybe 25-30 seconds, the little music icon in the notification tray will just go away
    * switch to any other card or to the launcher. the little music icon never comes back.

3. i agree that different people are going to have different "taste." however, i'm speaking more from a consistency pov here, and webOS has a pretty standard convention of never having the gradient be so dark that it blends into the notification bar. i actually do agree that black is a better color to use for the gradient because it's more neutral and works across all types of background. all i'm saying is that an opacity of 85 or 90% will give provide the separation between the gradient and the notification bar.
    I'm really curious about your @searchString because if I enter it on the search box in this format:

@ArtistName:@SongName

it works on the website but not from Music Player(remix)
    I've just installed the latest version of the player remix and all my links to the picture album are gone. Can anybody help me. sbucknerbcs@yahoo.com
  12.    #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    1. it's just the standard headset/headphones that come with the pre. does your pre not come with one? the fact that every other song pauses, is really strange.

2. so these are the steps that i did to reproduce the issue:
    * have a couple of cards open so you can switch to later on, to test this issue
    * play a song, in album art mode
    * click over to lyrics mode and let it play
    * after about maybe 25-30 seconds, the little music icon in the notification tray will just go away
    * switch to any other card or to the launcher. the little music icon never comes back.

3. i agree that different people are going to have different "taste." however, i'm speaking more from a consistency pov here, and webOS has a pretty standard convention of never having the gradient be so dark that it blends into the notification bar. i actually do agree that black is a better color to use for the gradient because it's more neutral and works across all types of background. all i'm saying is that an opacity of 85 or 90% will give provide the separation between the gradient and the notification bar.
    1. I probably threw it away. I never keep those little headphones that come with portable devices. I'll check my closet though to see if it's still there.

2. Thanks for the step-by-step directions. I was able to re-produce the problem. I'll fix it in the next release.

3. I appreciate your viewpoint, but there's nothing preventing an app from having a completely black background and then a notification coming up. You'd have the same thing happening there as well. So I really don't think it's a big deal.
    also, one more thing that i noticed in the lyrics view is that the last 3 lines are always obscured by the scrubber. is there an easy way to just add about 5 hard line breaks after all the lyrics? or maybe just a 40 or 50px bottom padding to the lyrics?
  14.    #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbucknerbcs View Post
    I've just installed the latest version of the player remix and all my links to the picture album are gone. Can anybody help me. sbucknerbcs@yahoo.com
    I have no idea what you mean by "links to the picture album".
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm really curious about your @searchString because if I enter it on the search box in this format:

@ArtistName:@SongName

it works on the website but not from Music Player(remix)
    So no songs pull up the lyrics on your device?
  16.    #856  
    also, one more thing that i noticed in the lyrics view is that the last 3 lines are always obscured by the scrubber. is there an easy way to just add about 5 hard line breaks after all the lyrics? or maybe just a 40 or 50px bottom padding to the lyrics?
    They fade into the "scrubber" area. I think it looks nice this way actually.
    They fade into the "scrubber" area. I think it looks nice this way actually.
    it looks neat, but you can't read it dragging the screen up will allow users to see the last 3 lines, but as soon as they let go they snap right back to the bottom. it's a neat interaction, but not very useful when trying to read lyrics.
    I have no idea what you mean by "links to the picture album".
    When selecting a song from the player basiclly you would see the picture of the album in which the song came from.
  19.    #859  
    it looks neat, but you can't read it dragging the screen up will allow users to see the last 3 lines, but as soon as they let go they snap right back to the bottom. it's a neat interaction, but not very useful when trying to read lyrics.
    You're not supposed to be able to read it. You have to scroll it. Think
    of it is this way, the readable area ends right before the fade. The fade is just a transition period before the total blackness. It's all aesthetics...and it's just the way I decided to present it.
    So no songs pull up the lyrics on your device?
    It does show for some, but not for others.