Page 42 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    You rock!!!

Just out of curiosity, has Palm hit you up in regards to using your creation as the official "new and improved" music player?
    No..but I think that's a great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This was mentioned before. I intend to implement playlist resuming in an upcoming release.

I tried out the keyboard controls and it only worked while the display was on. There's no benefit to doing this unless it works with the display off. Because if the display is on, it's easier to use the on-screen taps and gestures.
    It could actually be pretty cool.

Touch the space bar as always to turn on the display and then use whatever keyboard controls.

The big advantage is that I could do that without looking while driving in my car.

- Craig
    Version 0.9.6 has been released!

Here are the new features in the release:

• Adjust all elements on the "now playing - album art" screen up when a notification comes up. This will ensure the progress slider and time indicators are not covered up.
    • Add a progress slider and time indicators to the lyrics screen.
    • Change the color of the list fade bars from dark blue to black.
    • If the current track number or number of songs on the "now playing" screen is invalid for some reason, display a "-" (hyphen).
    These are all important upgrades. Thank you!

In just over a month, Music Player (Remix) has shot up to being the second most popular Homebrew app since the Homebrew Gallery began.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 10:21 AM.
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It could actually be pretty cool.

Touch the space bar as always to turn on the display and then use whatever keyboard controls.

The big advantage is that I could do that without looking while driving in my car.

- Craig
    I think your method is harder to do while driving. If you're using the space bar key, then I assume you already have the keyboard open. If so, then pressing the center button will wake the device up. Pressing this button is much easier than trying to find the space bar. And once the device is awake, tapping almost anywhere on the screen will pause/play the music. Again, this is easier than trying to hunt for the space bar without looking. And switching tracks is easy with swiping.

Sorry...I'm just not seeing the benefit in this.
    in the last three or four updates...ive notice my songs are switching to the next track without playing the entire song...i did notice that in one of updates you had fix this problem, from previous versions, but i never had that problem until i got the recent updates...
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    in the last three or four updates...ive notice my songs are switching to the next track without playing the entire song...i did notice that in one of updates you had fix this problem, from previous versions, but i never had that problem until i got the recent updates...
    Are your tracks exceptionally long? There has been issues reported with the music player (both the original and remix versions) not playing very long songs until the end.

Or are you saying every single song, regardless of length, does not play until the end? How many seconds are cut off of each song? All of my songs are under 10 minutes and they all play until the end.
    Great Work!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I haven't tried loading play lists on the device.

But doing a quick search of this thread for the term "mu", I came up with this post that seems to describe how to do this:
    I read that thread and created several different playlists based on the advice. No go. I don't believe that .m3u files work.

I created a "Flylist" with your software called test. It works well. I has hoping to reproduce it via an editor, but can not find test.anything on my Pre. How do you store flylists? Are they in .xml? .m3u? Is it proprietary?

Thanks again!

p.s. Can you add "folder" as a sorting option?
    Last edited by dvdmax; 09/25/2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: additional question
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I read that thread and created several different playlists based on the advice. No go. I don't believe that .m3u files work.
    Keep searching in this thread. I remember a conversation awhile back where someone indicated how to get playlists transferred over. Also, you may want to search the whole forum as this question has probably been asked previously. Also, you can check out the forums on palm.com to see if anyone there can help.

I created a "Flylist" with your software called test. It works well. I has hoping to reproduce it via an editor, but can not find test.anything on my Pre. How do you store flylists? Are they in .xml? .m3u? Is it proprietary?
    The flylists are saved in an sqlite3 database.

p.s. Can you add "folder" as a sorting option?
    I assume you mean browsing by folder, instead of song/artist/album/etc. This has been previously requested and is on my list of things to investigate.
    can one sideload itunes playlists, that are dynamic?
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    I assume you mean taking a "playlist" and converting it into a "flylist". The somewhat tedious (and currently only) way to do this is to open up the playlist and add each song one-by-one to a new flylist. You can then add edit that flylist as you would any other. Of course the changes you make on the device will not be synced back into your original playlist in iTunes.

One of the features I'm investigating is the ability to add a group of songs to a flylist at once (i.e. a whole genre, playlist, album, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    I don't understand what you are asking. I'm not familiar with the term sideload who what dynamic indicates. Could you explain.

For me settled for using Itunes for playlists only cause it worked. But if you have an itunes version that works with a pre you can just drag the playlist to you pre and it will show up perfectly in the Music Player Remix directory under "playlists"

I think you can also try syncing itunes playlists using salling media sync. i tried it and it worked once but i had issues. one, the free version is slow. because if you change only one 4mb song in a playlist of 50 songs when you try to sync it recopies and tranfers all 50 song again instead of just adding the one song. so it takes forever. but that's an option. and i'm sure the paid app probably works better. but itunes worked fine for me.

i do think the Pre works with M3u playlists i just don't remember where you need to put them. i could be inside the music folder it could be somewhere else. i did some tests early on but got confused because i ended up having one some songs transfered from tunes into the screwy nameless itunes folder and some from salling or doubletwist in other folders so i wasn't clear what the m3u playlist was seeing. I got tired, used itunes and was done with it and haven't tried again because i don't want to screw up my files as i have them working fine now.
    I searched but did not see any requests for this feature suggestion, so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

One of my favorite features on my old school ipod was the ability to shuffle albums instead of songs. I have come to find that it is an increasingly rare feature in music players now. I don't know the best way to implement it (in preferences? multiple taps of shuffle similar to loop once or continuously?). Any chance this could be added to the list of future enhancements?

Thanks, great work!
  14.    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by sullit2 View Post
    I searched but did not see any requests for this feature suggestion, so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

One of my favorite features on my old school ipod was the ability to shuffle albums instead of songs. I have come to find that it is an increasingly rare feature in music players now. I don't know the best way to implement it (in preferences? multiple taps of shuffle similar to loop once or continuously?). Any chance this could be added to the list of future enhancements?

Thanks, great work!
    No one else has requested this feature that I can remember. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to have the time to include this feature. While it is technically possible, it's going to be quite difficult to achieve this and I just don't see a wide interest in this. It does sound cool in theory, but in practice I just can't imagine many people (myself included) using this too often.
    Good job on the app, its great. ? if I use Limewire to download mp3 then use Windows XP to put them to my pre. Why can't I see any album covers?
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker-21 View Post
    Good job on the app, its great. ? if I use Limewire to download mp3 then use Windows XP to put them to my pre. Why can't I see any album covers?
    This has been discussed many times in this thread. Do a search in the thread and you'll get your answer, along with a few suggestions by other users on how to fix your MP3 files.
    Thx for the update. I can finally use the lyrics view now that it has a scrubber. Woot!

I found a couple of bugs/issues:

1. When double-pressing the button on the standard headset to FF, every other song would pause. I've tried this all day today and can consistently produce it.

2. The little music icon in the notification bar sometimes disappears. Switching to other apps still does not bring it back. I was playing with lyrics mode a lot so I think that it might be related to this view.

3. The new black list-fade bar is way darker than the default. When it's visible at the same time there is an icon in the notification bar, there is no visual separation between the two. I think that if the fade bar had an 85 or 90 percent opacity might fix it.

Thx again.
    Regarding searching threads....

Here's an obvious technique but obviously nobody does it...

If people are too lazy to enter all the search criteria into this site's search function then a quicker easier way is to use Google like this...

Example: to search this thread for "album art" issues, enter the following as your search phrase....

album art site:http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/199607
    M3U PLAYLISTS DEFINITLY WORK!

btw "sideloaded" means you transfered them to your Pre via USB cable connect to the "side" of your Pre (get it).

Here's how (again)....
    1) Create a new folder on your PC. Name the folder whatever you want, but for this exercise let's call it MyStuff
    2) Drag the songs you want into MyStuff
    3) Open Windows Media Player (aka wmplayer) version 11
    4) In wmplayer, go to the Library tab
    5) Drag all of your songs from MyStuff into the playlist area of wmplayer
    6) In wmplayer, at the top of your list of songs click on "Untitled Playlist"
    7) Choose "Save Playlist As"
    8) Change the Save As TYPE to "M3U Playlist (.m3u)"
    9) Give your playlist a name. I'm calling mine MyPlaylist01
    10) Save it to your MyStuff folder
    11) Connect your Pre via USB cable and choose USB Drive mode
    12) On your PC go to the MyComputer icon and navigate to your Pre
    13) Drag the MyStuff folder any where you want onto the Pre
    14) Unplug your Pre
    15) Now open the awesome Music Remix app and choose Playlists (not flylists) from the menu
    16) Enjoy!
  20.    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Thx for the update. I can finally use the lyrics view now that it has a scrubber. Woot!

I found a couple of bugs/issues:

1. When double-pressing the button on the standard headset to FF, every other song would pause. I've tried this all day today and can consistently produce it.

2. The little music icon in the notification bar sometimes disappears. Switching to other apps still does not bring it back. I was playing with lyrics mode a lot so I think that it might be related to this view.

3. The new black list-fade bar is way darker than the default. When it's visible at the same time there is an icon in the notification bar, there is no visual separation between the two. I think that if the fade bar had an 85 or 90 percent opacity might fix it.

Thx again.
    1. Someone else awhile ago mentioned headset pausing issues. I don't have or use the headset, so I'm not sure I can help with this.

2. If you can tell me how to reproduce this, then I can look into it.

3. Nothing is going to please everybody. Another person thought it was too blue. You think it's too dark. I can keep changing it over and over again, and someone else will comment that they don't like it. So it's going to stay the way it is now.