Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 2523
  1. #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I assume you're referring to bookmarks. I'd like to get this working.
    NO NO Not at All!!! Me personally, i don't care about setting bookmarks one bit. I just don't use them. And the bookmarking that is currently included in Music Player Remix is perfectly fine for me. in fact it's got way way way more functionality then i would have thought. To me bookmarking is done.


    i was referring to this. which we discussed way back on page 3 here
    link http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1841109
    "suggestions:
    1. Sorting fix. Make Genre sort in the same order as my ipod. That is: Genre, Artist, Album, song. The original player sorts Genre, song. then i have a giant list of 300+ songs to sift through and if i want the same artist i have to back all the way out to look for the next song on the album. I really hate that method of sorting. I'd prefer it sort like the ipod and possibly the zune too. A good thing ipods do is stick "all" at the top of the menus so if you want to go straight to songs you just keep clicking the topmost word "all" till you get to songs."

    And your response after looking into it
    "That's definitely a good idea and I don't think it'll be hard to implement."

    But then you said this after giving it a try:

    link http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1841175
    "I started working on blackmagic01's request to list artists (instead of all songs) when selecting a genre. I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as I thought. The way the application lists items (songs, artists, albums, etc.) is to send a request to the WebOS audio service. In the request, you send a query and supposedly it should send you back only the results that match that query. I sent a "list artists" requests and set the genre in the query, but it returned all artists. So I think the audio service ignores the genre field in the query when listing the artists.

    To get this to work, I'd have to filter the results myself by checking all of the artist's songs and only listing the artists that have at least one song with the selected genre. I'll keep this request on the list, but it'll have to be moved back as it's not a quick fix."


    oh one more question: any chance of implementing this type of webosinternals patch:
    "Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' In Artist and Album names"
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...nd_Album_names

    Hope that jogs your memory as to what i was talking about. But nope. i don't use bookmarks but they seem great to me. I mean to me it's getting close to perfect.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 09/22/2009 at 11:42 PM.
  2.    #802  
    I have that on my list...but way down on it. Like I mentioned before, it'll be difficult to do.

    The "a, an, the" item is also on my list. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  3. #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have that on my list...but way down on it. Like I mentioned before, it'll be difficult to do.

    The "a, an, the" item is also on my list. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    thanks for the reply. i only mentioned it cause there had been a lot of additions since i first mentioned it. So i figured maybe you had gotten through a lot of those things that may be on your list that were in front of it. thanks
  4. #804  
    Sorry if this has already been answered, i did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for. how are the mp3's ordered? when i go to genre/artists/albums the tracks aren't sorting to title, or filename. it seems to just be random and i can't figure out how to sort by title, etc. I have a lot of audio that are named track 1 track 2 track 3, etc because they are audiobooks or informational seminars. so i need those split tracks to play in order. thanks for your help!
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc2728 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered, i did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for. how are the mp3's ordered? when i go to genre/artists/albums the tracks aren't sorting to title, or filename. it seems to just be random and i can't figure out how to sort by title, etc. I have a lot of audio that are named track 1 track 2 track 3, etc because they are audiobooks or informational seminars. so i need those split tracks to play in order. thanks for your help!
    They're sorted by name. Under "artists", it's sorted by artist name. Under "albums", it's sorted by album name, etc.
  6. #806  
    i meant when i actually go into that album or artists name. When i am in that screen all the tracks are out of order and don't appear to sort by any order. shouldn't they be sorting by title or filename?
  7.    #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    thanks for the reply. i only mentioned it cause there had been a lot of additions since i first mentioned it. So i figured maybe you had gotten through a lot of those things that may be on your list that were in front of it. thanks
    Any feature that I don't have much interest in and that is also difficult to implement is going to stay low on my list at this point. If I add any new features that require a lot of work, it's going to have to be something I really can see a benefit in. Frankly, the only time I go under "Genre" is if I want to play all songs in a genre, and the app already has that capability. If I'm looking for a certain artist, album, or song, I'll just go under those specific menus. But that's just me.
  8.    #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc2728 View Post
    i meant when i actually go into that album or artists name. When i am in that screen all the tracks are out of order and don't appear to sort by any order. shouldn't they be sorting by title or filename?
    They're in alphabetical order on my device. Are you sure your ID3 tag names are set up properly?
  9. #809  
    ok so what i'm trying to understand is how are those tracks sorted if i go into album "freakonomics" which is an audio book. The mp3 tags are titled Track 1, track 2 track 3, etc., when i go into that album the tracks are out of order. is there a way to resort so they are sorted by name or something?
  10.    #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc2728 View Post
    ok so what i'm trying to understand is how are those tracks sorted if i go into album "freakonomics" which is an audio book. The mp3 tags are titled Track 1, track 2 track 3, etc., when i go into that album the tracks are out of order. is there a way to resort so they are sorted by name or something?
    Make sure the ID3 tags of those files have the correct track names.
  11. #811  
    i think i figured it out. i think it was sorting the list by track # first not track names. I've just renumbered all my track# in the correct order and now i'm testing it out
  12. #812  
    no, it didn't work! this makes 0 sense, i've doublechecked all the tags and they are ok, when i go into album view the tracks are still ordered the way they originally were. do all tracks have to be in 1 directory? i have the tracks in subdirectories like freakonomics/CD 1,freakonomics/CD 2, freakonomics/CD 3. etc
  13. #813  
    ok that fixed it, all tracks have to be in the same directory! no subdirectories!
  14. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #814  
    Looking for help creating a playlist that I can use with (REMIX). I have about 700 songs (With ID3V2) in about 25 folders (some nested) on the Pre in the Music folder. I AM NOT, NOR WILL I EVER BE, AN ITUNES USER. That being screamed (LOL), how can I create a playlist (not a flylist) that I can transfer to the Pre, that REMIX will recognize? I tried using Winamp, but got no where. DoubleTwist does not create playlists either. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!
  15.    #815  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Looking for help creating a playlist that I can use with (REMIX). I have about 700 songs (With ID3V2) in about 25 folders (some nested) on the Pre in the Music folder. I AM NOT, NOR WILL I EVER BE, AN ITUNES USER. That being screamed (LOL), how can I create a playlist (not a flylist) that I can transfer to the Pre, that REMIX will recognize? I tried using Winamp, but got no where. DoubleTwist does not create playlists either. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!
    I haven't tried loading playlists on the device.

    But doing a quick search of this thread for the term "m3u", I came up with this post that seems to describe how to do this: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1852050
  16. #816  
    Dan,

    It is really nice that it can resume playing in the track where I left off.

    But it does not remember the playlist I am in and goes to all music shuffle?

    The Pre has to be keeping track of the playlist it is in. Otherwise it couldn't stay in the playlist when it is time for the next song.

    Would it be possible to Resume the song and the playlist?

    Any thoughts on the keyboard controls?

    - Craig
  17.    #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

    It is really nice that it can resume playing in the track where I left off.

    But it does not remember the playlist I am in and goes to all music shuffle?

    The Pre has to be keeping track of the playlist it is in. Otherwise it couldn't stay in the playlist when it is time for the next song.

    Would it be possible to Resume the song and the playlist?

    Any thoughts on the keyboard controls?

    - Craig
    This was mentioned before. I intend to implement playlist resuming in an upcoming release.

    I tried out the keyboard controls and it only worked while the display was on. There's no benefit to doing this unless it works with the display off. Because if the display is on, it's easier to use the on-screen taps and gestures.
  18.    #818  
    Version 0.9.6 has been released!

    Here are the new features in the release:

    • Adjust all elements on the "now playing - album art" screen up when a notification comes up. This will ensure the progress slider and time indicators are not covered up.
    • Add a progress slider and time indicators to the lyrics screen.
    • Change the color of the list fade bars from dark blue to black.
    • If the current track number or number of songs on the "now playing" screen is invalid for some reason, display a "-" (hyphen).
  19. #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Looking for help creating a playlist that I can use with (REMIX). I have about 700 songs (With ID3V2) in about 25 folders (some nested) on the Pre in the Music folder. I AM NOT, NOR WILL I EVER BE, AN ITUNES USER. That being screamed (LOL), how can I create a playlist (not a flylist) that I can transfer to the Pre, that REMIX will recognize? I tried using Winamp, but got no where. DoubleTwist does not create playlists either. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!
    me personally, dragging and dropping from itunes was the only one i could get to work but i'd try mediamonkey too. it's free and a good player. i just already had a ton premade in itunes.
  20. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.9.6 has been released!
    You rock!!!

    Just out of curiosity, has Palm hit you up in regards to using your creation as the official "new and improved" music player?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions