Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 2523
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    haha yea, i'm a lil crazy like that
    I can try to dynamically change the color to black to see if that helps. It shouldn't be too hard. I think black is the best color I can choose.
  2. p-niiice's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #782  
    I would pay you cold hard cash for an EQ, which the pre lacks. No serious music player can lack an EQ.

    Also, thanks for the app, it's great!
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by p-niiice View Post
    I would pay you cold hard cash for an EQ, which the pre lacks. No serious music player can lack an EQ.

    Also, thanks for the app, it's great!
    Implementing an EQ is not currently possible.
  4. #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I can try to dynamically change the color to black to see if that helps. It shouldn't be too hard. I think black is the best color I can choose.
    Sounds great!
  5. #785  
    great app thanks
  6. #786  
    Dan, I'll try the same tactic as p-niiice, "I would pay you cold hard cash for..." a programmable jump forward and back button like we talked about before (if you remember).
  7. #787  
    Here's one thing I'd really like; A checkbox playlist / shuffle feature. That is, when I want to do a shuffle, there are times when I want to mix up genres/artists, etc. It would be cool to do an 'All' list and then have checkboxes to select which items I want included.

    Yeah, I could do it in a playlist, but checkboxes seems to be a more intuitive way to do on the fly music lists.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  8. #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Is there a way to disable the fade on top and bottom so you don't have to worry about it matching?
    i will admit. i do find it quite distracting too. with a black or dark background the blue underneath is always showing through and it looks bad. and for some reason it seems to disappear when you swipe away from it and reappear when you swipe towards it. maybe you could consider adding a toggle switch under preferences so a user had the choice. regardless for me it's a minor thing.

    i like the save the space, resume play feature. it works pretty well.

    i'd still would love to see a genre, artist, album, song if you can ever figure out how to get it to work. i know you tried before and had to back burner it. thanks for that.

    either way it's a much better player then the original.
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    Dan, I'll try the same tactic as p-niiice, "I would pay you cold hard cash for..." a programmable jump forward and back button like we talked about before (if you remember).
    Note for future requestors: This "cold hard cash" tactic is not advised if you want your request to be taken seriously.

    I remember your original request and my answer is the same for the same reason.
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Here's one thing I'd really like; A checkbox playlist / shuffle feature. That is, when I want to do a shuffle, there are times when I want to mix up genres/artists, etc. It would be cool to do an 'All' list and then have checkboxes to select which items I want included.

    Yeah, I could do it in a playlist, but checkboxes seems to be a more intuitive way to do on the fly music lists.
    I have this on my list of considered features. However this is not a trivial change so don't expect it too soon.
  11.    #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i'd still would love to see a genre, artist, album, song if you can ever figure out how to get it to work. i know you tried before and had to back burner it. thanks for that.
    I assume you're referring to bookmarks. I'd like to get this working.
  12. #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Note for future requestors: This "cold hard cash" tactic is not advised if you want your request to be taken seriously.

    I remember your original request and my answer is the same for the same reason.
    Bummer

    Oh well, this is a great app even without my request.
  13. zyxwv88's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #793  
    Anyone else having problems with apparent memory leaks on the last few versions? Seems like the most recent one is the worst for me. If I have it open for longer than about 6 hours I start seeing performance issues, and after 24 hours it's VERY noticably laggy. Last night I had to restart my Pre because the memory didn't get reclaimed when I shut it down.
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with apparent memory leaks on the last few versions? Seems like the most recent one is the worst for me. If I have it open for longer than about 6 hours I start seeing performance issues, and after 24 hours it's VERY noticably laggy. Last night I had to restart my Pre because the memory didn't get reclaimed when I shut it down.
    I usually have it on all day long at work (9 hours) and other than the battery draining a good bit, I don't appear to have any device lag issues. I've noticed any apps that use multimedia functions drains the battery pretty good. For instance, when I'm playing Word Ace, the Pre gets pretty hot and the battery eats away quite quickly.

    Back in version 0.9.0, I went through each module line-by-line and I made sure to clean up any memory objects used by the module, as well as all event handlers. So memory handling on the most recent version should be better than earlier versions of the app. I'm not a Javascript expert, so there may still be some memory issues I haven't discovered, but I did a pretty in-depth analysis of the code back in version 0.9.0 and feel pretty confident that the app's memory usage (at least all the components I'm in control of) is pretty tight. The app uses several WebOS services to perform its tasks, so it's always possible that the WebOS code has memory leaks as well.

    Have you tried running the original built-in music player for the same extended periods of time to see if you have the same lag issues?

    You know this gets me thinking of another thing I find difficult in WebOS development. As far as I know, there's no way to determine how much memory or CPU time each process or thread is utilizing. It would be nice to be able to monitor CPU and memory utilization on a stage-by-stage basis, or even a scene-by-scene basis. That way I could run the app, perform some common operations, and watch the utilizations and see if there were any memory leaks. I think I'm going to post this in the Palm dev forums to see if there are any plans to create these type of monitoring tools.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/22/2009 at 08:56 AM.
  15. covigner's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #795  
    I would pay good money for the equalizer function too!
  16. #796  
    Thank you for the info on "NaN" display when the track starts. I thought I was seeing NaNp. Great player. I use it as my primary music player.
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Thank you for the info on "NaN" display when the track starts. I thought I was seeing NaNp. Great player. I use it as my primary music player.
    Thanks for the heads up...I've never seen this happen myself. If the number is invalid, I think I'll display "-" instead. That will be a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
  18. #798  
    I also love the fact that I can the background color in the player. Cool.

    One thing. I was listening to the player today for about 4 hours and decided to browse the web. When I opened the browser, I got one of those "too many cards open" popups. Remix was the only thing open. Was this just a fluke, or is there a bug?

    Thanks again for a great app.
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    I also love the fact that I can the background color in the player. Cool.

    One thing. I was listening to the player today for about 4 hours and decided to browse the web. When I opened the browser, I got one of those "too many cards open" popups. Remix was the only thing open. Was this just a fluke, or is there a bug?

    Thanks again for a great app.
    So Remix and the Browser are the only apps you have used since you last rebooted your device? If not, then there's no way I can determine if the Remix app or another app is causing your memory issue.

    Awhile ago, before I even began this project, I got the "too many cards open" error and I didn't even have any cards open. So obviously there was some app (or maybe a WebOS service) that was leaving a residual when it ran. What it was...who knows. It would be nice if Palm had a task manager similar to Windows that would let you view all processes/threads and see which ones are consuming the memory.

    However, there may be something I can check out on my end. Someone on the Palm Dev forums pointed me towards a Palm utility to monitor memory of your app. The Palm web page says the utility may or may not work (it's still in alpha/beta)...but I'll try it and see if any memory leaks occur.
  20.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    However, there may be something I can check out on my end. Someone on the Palm Dev forums pointed me towards a Palm utility to monitor memory of your app. The Palm web page says the utility may or may not work (it's still in alpha/beta)...but I'll try it and see if any memory leaks occur.
    Scratch that... the utility (called "worm") is apparently only available on macs. I learned this from someone in the Palm Dev forums. Of course their web docs don't mention this at all. I really wish Palm would clean up their docs already. It seems like I find some type of glaring error or omission every time I look at them.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions