Page 36 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 2523
  1. #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I actually have had this on my list for awhile now. I tried a few times to get this working. There's a "Marquee" HTML tag that does this; however, it seemed to always scroll the text regardless of whether the length was too long. So if someone knows a way in HTML/Javascript to scroll text only if the length is too long, let me know.
    Aren't you just dealing with the text as a Javascript "String" object? If so, it seems like it would be pretty trivial to test that object's "Length" property first, and only proceed with your scroller code if it's above a certain number of characters. As for the scrolling itself, I seem to recall that the HTML "marquee" tag was a non-standard, Microsoft-specific abomination, so I don't know if that will work for you. But just do a little searching for "javascript text scrolling" - there's a bunch of example code out there, generally involving fairly simple substring manipulation. I mean, people have been creating annoying websites with scrolling text using Javascript since at *least* 1996...

    --John
  2. #702  
    this app is on my quick launch bar, so that is testament enough to how much I love it.

    I tried 9.3 and had to revert back to 9.1. It just felt far too cluncky, especially in album view and it had a hard time loading up. Just felt slower all around, especially scrolling. 9.3 also added features I dont really care for, so no loss there. I'll take speed, efficiency and stability over features any day.

    But I am blown away by this app. It has improved my Pre experience significantly!!
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by donjski View Post
    I have 2 addons I would like to see. If you could add an option to ignore all phone calls while remix is running, that would be huge. Second, if you could make the white gesture button pause the music, that would also be huge. The reason I ask it that when I am listening to my music, it is normally with headphones. When the phone rings, it blows out my ear drums. But if I am litening to music, i don't really want to answer the phone. But if there was a quiet alarm that let me know that I missed a call it would help. Also, being able to pause the music while the phone is sleeping would make for a real nice way to hear someone while my headphones are on.

    You have really done a great job with this app! I use it often.

    Lemme know if you think this is something you are willing to look into.
    I'm not going to be able to ignore calls when the music player is running. I really don't want to alter the functionality of the phone from this app, even if it's an option. This project is about making the music player better by adding music-related features.

    Your second idea is one I had a long time ago. I inquired about this possibility on the Palm dev forums and everyone agreed on there that it wasn't possible, and even if it was, it wasn't a good idea since this is the only OS-specific button on the phone and overriding its capabilities is not a good idea. After thinking about it some more, I tend to agree.
  4.    #704  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Aren't you just dealing with the text as a Javascript "String" object? If so, it seems like it would be pretty trivial to test that object's "Length" property first, and only proceed with your scroller code if it's above a certain number of characters. As for the scrolling itself, I seem to recall that the HTML "marquee" tag was a non-standard, Microsoft-specific abomination, so I don't know if that will work for you. But just do a little searching for "javascript text scrolling" - there's a bunch of example code out there, generally involving fairly simple substring manipulation. I mean, people have been creating annoying websites with scrolling text using Javascript since at *least* 1996...

    --John
    I'll look into it again. I did a quick search of "marquee" and there is actually a marquee-related CSS style defined on w3.org so this might be the way to go.
  5. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #705  
    I loaded the update last night and it seems the when you do a search for artists with the "abc" button,,, it tells you there are no artists that start with the letter you picked...

    anyone else have this problem?
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by spl1011 View Post
    this app is on my quick launch bar, so that is testament enough to how much I love it.

    I tried 9.3 and had to revert back to 9.1. It just felt far too cluncky, especially in album view and it had a hard time loading up. Just felt slower all around, especially scrolling. 9.3 also added features I dont really care for, so no loss there. I'll take speed, efficiency and stability over features any day.

    But I am blown away by this app. It has improved my Pre experience significantly!!
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with 0.9.3, but this is a bit confusing. There are no new features in 0.9.3 vs. 0.9.1...none! There are only minor bug fixes that could not possibly affect performance. The amount of code changed is minimal.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    I loaded the update last night and it seems the when you do a search for artists with the "abc" button,,, it tells you there are no artists that start with the letter you picked...

    anyone else have this problem?
    I need a little more details than that. Every single letter doesn't work? If not, after which letter does it stop working? How about the "digits" and "special characters" search?
  8. Nick1472's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #708  
    Dan, just wanted to say great job! The flylists are awesome, couldn't imagine them working more intuitively. The pre has now gone to "the only music player I need" status with your app. Thanks!
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1472 View Post
    Dan, just wanted to say great job! The flylists are awesome, couldn't imagine them working more intuitively. The pre has now gone to "the only music player I need" status with your app. Thanks!
    You're welcome! Glad you like it!
  10. Kleany's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #710  
    just noticed, when i was using the ABC search to look up artist, no matter what letter i pressed, it came back with no results...when im scrolling, i know for sure the artist is there.....
  11. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by kleany View Post
    just noticed, when i was using the ABC search to look up artist, no matter what letter i pressed, it came back with no results...when im scrolling, i know for sure the artist is there.....
    + 1 ... that what is happening to mine..
  12.    #712  
    To the people having issues with the ABC search...every single letter is not working? Or did you just try a few? Do the album and song ABC searches work for you?
  13. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #713  
    just tried a few right now.. looks as though song search is working but album search is not,, I only tried a few on the album search..
  14. #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1472 View Post
    Dan, just wanted to say great job! The flylists are awesome, couldn't imagine them working more intuitively. The pre has now gone to "the only music player I need" status with your app. Thanks!
  15. #715  
    Love this app. I have noticed though that only certain wallpapers work well as backgrounds. For ease of reading, a solid color works best so how about some subtle, watermark like backgrounds. Anyone have any?
  16. #716  
    after updating today i noticed when i use the list icon to see all songs in the current album and select a new song, the now playing screen shows the incorrect song title.
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjufon View Post
    after updating today i noticed when i use the list icon to see all songs in the current album and select a new song, the now playing screen shows the incorrect song title.
    I think this is fixed in my next release.

    Speaking of my next release...it's going to include a feature that I think will please a lot of people.
  18. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #718  
    is there any way that you can add "Speed up audio speed" to this program? I listen to audio lectures that were recorded by my school sometimes, and I can't stand listening to most of the professors at less than 1.5 speed lol
  19. #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think this is fixed in my next release.

    Speaking of my next release...it's going to include a feature that I think will please a lot of people.
    What is it?

    What? What? What!

    - Craig
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    is there any way that you can add "Speed up audio speed" to this program? I listen to audio lectures that were recorded by my school sometimes, and I can't stand listening to most of the professors at less than 1.5 speed lol
    No, I have no way to adjust the audio in any way (speed, volume, bass/treble, etc.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions