Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    A couple of things.
    I just wanted to reiterate the request to have the pause feature optional. The problem I'm having is I can't walk, work, mow the lawn, and do a lot of other things that generally are easy when all I have to do is reach up to the headset and pause the music. If, in fact, it is that option that is breaking that feature it would be really nice to be able to shut it off. Otherwise, figuring out why its breaking the headset "pause" feature would be a good alternative.
    This sounds different than the problem that was described previously. Previously, it was mentioned that switching tracks using the headset pauses the music. But in this post, you mentioned that you can't pause the music using the headset. Is this a separate problem, or am I misunderstanding your last post (quoted above)?
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Hiya, first off, love the music app. really much more useful than stock.

My request is around the sleep timer and changing that while the music app is up. I would have two controls....

1- a preference to turn the sleep mode off when music app is open AND...
    2- a slide switch to say 'only on external power'

This would help greatly as I am on my motorcycle or in my car listening to music (while on the touchstone) and would eliminate the need to always unlock the phone to change the song.
    You operate your cell phone while driving your motorcycle? Wow that seems a bit dangerous, don't you think?

As I mentioned previously, I did find an unpublished service to keep the display on; however, I don't feel comfortable using it in my app since it may not be tested. There's another homebrew app that someone mentioned in this thread recently that allows you to toggle the sleep mode. If you feel adventurous (which apparently you are since you operate your cell phone while driving your motorcycle ), you can use that app to control the sleep mode.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You operate your cell phone while driving your motorcycle? Wow that seems a bit dangerous, don't you think?

As I mentioned previously, I did find an unpublished service to keep the display on; however, I don't feel comfortable using it in my app since it may not be tested. There's another homebrew app that someone mentioned in this thread recently that allows you to toggle the sleep mode. If you feel adventurous (which apparently you are since you operate your cell phone while driving your motorcycle ), you can use that app to control the sleep mode.
    Hence why I am trying to lessen the button presses while out and about. I really don't use it for anything other than playing music while on the bike. Finding it cumbersome to hit power, unlock, and then swipe to change the song while moving. Granted, the music doesn't matter as the bike always has first priority....
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This sounds different than the problem that was described previously. Previously, it was mentioned that switching tracks using the headset pauses the music. But in this post, you mentioned that you can't pause the music using the headset. Is this a separate problem, or am I misunderstanding your last post (quoted above)?
    No, you're understanding correctly.
    Prior to the update that makes pausing stay paused when switching songs, I could pause using the headset. Now I can't so much.
    (I think I used "pause" too many times there, but you get the idea.)

After some further testing this actually seems related to the FlyLists, somehow.

I found a workaround, but it doesn't make a lot of sense, here you go.
    1. Open Remix
    2. Go-to FlyLists
    3. Select list and Play (or Shuffle all)
    4. When song starts playing, hit pause.
    5. --Nada--
    6. Go back to main menu
    7. Select a song, artist, or shuffle all from main list
    8. When song starts playing, hit pause
    9. Works like a charm
    10. Go back to FlyLists
    11. Play a list or shuffle
    12. Hit Pause
    13. Works like a champ

So, for some reason, if I try to use the bluetooth pause on the Flylist before initially doing it on a non-flylist song it doesn't work... very, very odd...

This isn't exactly a bug...but it doesn't behave in the best way either. The shuffle feature will shuffle the list and place you in a random position in the list. And by default, the list does not start up in "repeat mode", so if you happen to start off on the last track, it will stop playing after that track.

I think I'm going to change this to default to "repeat play". That should fix this odd behavior.
    Where it places you in the list isn't so much of an issue, but for some reason I'm having to go into "List View" for it to create the list at all. When I just hit shuffle and it brings up the album art view it will only play one song and stop.
    Last edited by Xenovic; 09/16/2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Hence why I am trying to lessen the button presses while out and about. I really don't use it for anything other than playing music while on the bike. Finding it cumbersome to hit power, unlock, and then swipe to change the song while moving. Granted, the music doesn't matter as the bike always has first priority....
    I would suggest a bluetooth headset. That way you can use the skip controls on the headset instead of having to fumble with your phone on your bike... (This from the guy who's having trouble with the pause feature at this very moment... lol)

Someone just released one that fits inside a closed-helmet that is reviewed pretty well (I saw an add for it on PreCentral, but now I can't find it.) Or, if you use a Skullcap helmet (or none depending on your sense of adventure and your state laws), the S305 may work for you, or the DrDre one, which is closed cell... there are also a couple of in-ear ones that would work with a skullcap.

I'm just sayin' in case its helpful at all...
    I don't have time to read through the whole thread, but a couple of things:

1. I created some Flylists last night and noticed this morning that when I play the Flylists and switch to another program there are no music controls in the notification area.

2. I had an issue with a song yesterday where it was playing and almost finished but the progress bar was all the way to the left. Not sure how to re-create it so I guess this isn't too helpful.

3. I haven't done any specific testing, but it sure seems like when I use your app I always end up with the "too many cards" error at some point.

Beyond all that, good work on this. I don't really need a fancy music player app and you seem to have done just enough.
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I don't have time to read through the whole thread, but a couple of things:

1. I created some Flylists last night and noticed this morning that when I play the Flylists and switch to another program there are no music controls in the notification area.

2. I had an issue with a song yesterday where it was playing and almost finished but the progress bar was all the way to the left. Not sure how to re-create it so I guess this isn't too helpful.

3. I haven't done any specific testing, but it sure seems like when I use your app I always end up with the "too many cards" error at some point.

Beyond all that, good work on this. I don't really need a fancy music player app and you seem to have done just enough.
    1. I tried playing a flylist and then switched to another app and the notification area had the music controls. Can you tell me step-by-step how to recreate the problem?

2. Again, I'll need step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the problem since I haven't experienced it.

3. I'm not sure how you could ever determine that one particular app is causing your memory issues. There are way too many things running on the phone (not even including your other apps) to tie it to one single app. I got this error a long time ago, but that was before I even started working on this project. I use the music app pretty heavily each day and I haven't had the "too many cards" error in awhile.
  8.    #688  
    No, you're understanding correctly.
    Prior to the update that makes pausing stay paused when switching songs, I could pause using the headset. Now I can't so much.
    (I think I used "pause" too many times there, but you get the idea.)

After some further testing this actually seems related to the FlyLists, somehow.

So, for some reason, if I try to use the bluetooth pause on the Flylist before initially doing it on a non-flylist song it doesn't work... very, very odd...
    I don't have a bluetooth device so I can't test this. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Where it places you in the list isn't so much of an issue, but for some reason I'm having to go into "List View" for it to create the list at all. When I just hit shuffle and it brings up the album art view it will only play one song and stop.
    I don't experience this. As long as the song in the flylist is not the last song, it'll switch to the next song as soon as the current one is done. If it is the last song (i.e. there is no album art showing up on the right side of the screen), then yes it will stop playing after the current song.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. It's really frustrating not to be able to read long song titles/author names. Let's get some alternating marquees in there! Even if it's only for the currently playing song, that's better than nothing.
    Is it possible to automatically resize an image when you choose it as the wallpaper? Unfortunately when I set an image as the wallpaper that was taken with the Pre itself, it shows it full size and not fit to the window. You can force in a height or width and fit the image to the window. You can use the pre-existing wallpapers on the Pre for a background picture but when you use a picture you took with the Pre camera, it shows it actual size, not the resolution of the screen itself. Any help on this would be great since the Music Player (Remix) is pretty perfect and Palm needs to make this the default music player, not the one they currently have.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterikkit View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. It's really frustrating not to be able to read long song titles/author names. Let's get some alternating marquees in there! Even if it's only for the currently playing song, that's better than nothing.
    I actually have had this on my list for awhile now. I tried a few times to get this working. There's a "Marquee" HTML tag that does this; however, it seemed to always scroll the text regardless of whether the length was too long. So if someone knows a way in HTML/Javascript to scroll text only if the length is too long, let me know.
  12.    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj View Post
    Is it possible to automatically resize an image when you choose it as the wallpaper? Unfortunately when I set an image as the wallpaper that was taken with the Pre itself, it shows it full size and not fit to the window. You can force in a height or width and fit the image to the window. You can use the pre-existing wallpapers on the Pre for a background picture but when you use a picture you took with the Pre camera, it shows it actual size, not the resolution of the screen itself. Any help on this would be great since the Music Player (Remix) is pretty perfect and Palm needs to make this the default music player, not the one they currently have.
    I have this on my list of things I want to do.
    1. I tried playing a flylist and then switched to another app and the notification area had the music controls. Can you tell me step-by-step how to recreate the problem?

2. Again, I'll need step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the problem since I haven't experienced it.

3. I'm not sure how you could ever determine that one particular app is causing your memory issues. There are way too many things running on the phone (not even including your other apps) to tie it to one single app. I got this error a long time ago, but that was before I even started working on this project. I use the music app pretty heavily each day and I haven't had the "too many cards" error in awhile.
    Really no steps. If I play music directly from my Flylists, either playing a whole list or a single song, when I switch to another app there's no little muscial note down in the corner and the controls aren't on the bottom of the screen. If I play the song directly from the library I do get controls. Could it have something to do with advanced gestures? I've got them enabled on my phone, but it doesn't matter how I switch apps I don't get the controls when playing Flylists

I have no idea how to re-create the second problem and haven't seen it again.

As far as the memory issues, like I said, I haven't done any specific testing, but I've installed and removed your app several times because right after I installed and used it the first time I got the cards error. And I could be wrong but it just seems like it happens more often when I've been running it. I'm sorry I can't give you anything more specific, and so maybe this isn't helpful (I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know), but maybe there's some things you can check.
  14.    #694  
    Really no steps. If I play music directly from my Flylists, either playing a whole list or a single song, when I switch to another app there's no little muscial note down in the corner and the controls aren't on the bottom of the screen. If I play the song directly from the library I do get controls. Could it have something to do with advanced gestures? I've got them enabled on my phone, but it doesn't matter how I switch apps I don't get the controls when playing Flylists

I have no idea how to re-create the second problem and haven't seen it again.

As far as the memory issues, like I said, I haven't done any specific testing, but I've installed and removed your app several times because right after I installed and used it the first time I got the cards error. And I could be wrong but it just seems like it happens more often when I've been running it. I'm sorry I can't give you anything more specific, and so maybe this isn't helpful (I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know), but maybe there's some things you can check.
    The same "now playing" scene loads up whether a flylist is playing or not. If you go to another scene (like "main menu" or "artists list") or if you minimize the app, the notification bar is displayed. There is no flylist-specific logic here. I've tried this multiple times and the notification bar always comes up. So I don't know why you're having this issue.

I'm not sure what to say about your memory issue. If it was the music app that was draining a ton of resources, then it would be reproducible on many other people's devices. I use the music app probably more than most people here and I've never had this error since running it.
    The same "now playing" scene loads up whether a flylist is playing or not. If you go to another scene (like "main menu" or "artists list") or if you minimize the app, the notification bar is displayed. There is no flylist-specific logic here. I've tried this multiple times and the notification bar always comes up. So I don't know why you're having this issue.

I'm not sure what to say about your memory issue. If it was the music app that was draining a ton of resources, then it would be reproducible on many other people's devices. I use the music app probably more than most people here and I've never had this error since running it.
    Well, I don't know what it is, but I'm seriously not making this up. This is what it looks like when I switch applications to my calendar with a song still playing in your app in a Flylist. Notice there are no music app controls at the bottom of the screen:

And here's a screen capture after switching back, and this is showing the other issue I mentioned; the song that's selected up top and has a bit of a blue bar is not the song that's actually playing. The song that's actually playing when I captured this image is in this Flylist and it was showing when I switched to the calendar, but it isn't showing up after leaving the app and returning:

I don't know why it's happening, but it is happening.
  16.    #696  
    If I can't recreate the problem on my device, then it's going to be hard to fix. I tried enabling advanced gesture controls, started the calendar app, started the music app, started a flylist, then did a full swipe in the gesture area to switch to the calendar app and the notification bar came up.
    If I can't recreate the problem on my device, then it's going to be hard to fix. I tried enabling advanced gesture controls, started the calendar app, started the music app, started a flylist, then did a full swipe in the gesture area to switch to the calendar app and the notification bar came up.
    Ok, I'll try a re-install and let you know how that goes.
  18.    #698  
    Ok, I'll try a re-install and let you know how that goes.
    I was able to recreate your other issue which was that the wrong song was showing as playing in the playlist view when in a flylist. I think it's always showing the first song. I'll fix this bug in the next release.
    I was able to recreate your other issue which was that the wrong song was showing as playing in the playlist view when in a flylist. I think it's always showing the first song. I'll fix this bug in the next release.
    i was having that issue also
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have 2 addons I would like to see. If you could add an option to ignore all phone calls while remix is running, that would be huge. Second, if you could make the white gesture button pause the music, that would also be huge. The reason I ask it that when I am listening to my music, it is normally with headphones. When the phone rings, it blows out my ear drums. But if I am litening to music, i don't really want to answer the phone. But if there was a quiet alarm that let me know that I missed a call it would help. Also, being able to pause the music while the phone is sleeping would make for a real nice way to hear someone while my headphones are on.

You have really done a great job with this app! I use it often.

Lemme know if you think this is something you are willing to look into.