Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Tks danplc definitivamente this app rocks muchhhh better dan the official one hell yeaaa.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeaimee1611 View Post
    I really like this app. Don't know if it is possilbe, but I would like to have an equalizer.

With the latest version, I am not getting album art in the Artist view. It works in the Album view and with the original "official" app.
    An equalizer is not currently possible with the SDK.

I just tried looking in the artist view and the art came up after about 2 or 3 seconds. This release changed the way I render the songs/albums/artists in the list to speed up the loading of these lists. It may affect how quickly the album art renders, but I think having the lists load quicker and having the ABC search function perform more accurately is more important than the album art.
    This is a great app. I just started using it today. I downloaded the latest version. 1 question though, how can you delete a bookmark? Thanks.
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnrknr View Post
    This is a great app. I just started using it today. I downloaded the latest version. 1 question though, how can you delete a bookmark? Thanks.
    Just swipe it off the screen and then tap "Delete".
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is possible in software modifications, but I'll ask anyway. Is there something you could do to make the volume controls more linear? I've played some songs where they are screaming loud at one bar from the top, but barely listenable when played at one notch below that, so I have to comprimise between listening to it really loud, or struggling to hear it.

thanks
    Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Hey Feud,
    I'm not sure if its just specific to my car radio, but i can use my stereo controls to fast forward, rewind and move to the next song. I don't have to touch my pre after i sync it to the car stereo. Try it. Let me know if it works for you.
    Could you be a tad bit more specific? Like what kinda of radio, car (especially if using stock radio), how you are listening to your palm etc (Bluetooth or plugged in or some other new tech)

ty
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by brentb View Post
    I don't know if this is possible in software modifications, but I'll ask anyway. Is there something you could do to make the volume controls more linear? I've played some songs where they are screaming loud at one bar from the top, but barely listenable when played at one notch below that, so I have to comprimise between listening to it really loud, or struggling to hear it.

thanks
    Brent
    No unfortunately this is not possible with the current SDK.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ok thanks for all the improvements you've already made
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah that's one of my irks too. I don't think the music app should be the one to keep the screen on though. It should be a system-wide option to either keep it on all the time or keep it on while charging. I hope Palm adds this as an option.

I google'd and found the unpublished service call to prevent the display from turning off if the device is charging; however, I'm hesitant to add this to the code since I don't know if it's fully tested. If it was, I would assume Palm would have included it on their "Screen and lock" preferences app.
    Ah, I feared as much.

I agree that it's better to wait and see if Palm will put it into the OS, which really would be the ideal way to have it.

How about then... is there anything that can be done with the "Lock" screen?

Hmmm... just fired up the default music app and started playing something, then locked the phone. When I unlocked, the controls for "Previous", "Pause" and "Next" were on the lock screen but disappeared. I'm guessing a glitch.

Ah, it happens with your app too! But I can't get them (the controls) to stay long enough to press them.

Anyways, thanks for responding!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Hey Feud,
    I'm not sure if its just specific to my car radio, but i can use my stereo controls to fast forward, rewind and move to the next song. I don't have to touch my pre after i sync it to the car stereo. Try it. Let me know if it works for you.
    What kind of car stereo do you have? Bluetooth-capable?

Mine is pretty basic - it has auxillary inputs for the sound which I connect to the headphone jack on the phone. Works fine but it doesn't give me the ability to do what you can do, all selections are done through the phone for me.
  11.    #671  
    Version 0.9.3 has been released. Here are the fixes included in this release:

- "Shuffle All" on a flylist will actually shuffle the songs in a random order. Selecting a song in a flylist will start playback at that song and play the flylist in alphabetical order.

- Cache the lyrics for the current song so if the user switches back and forth between the "now playing" and "lyrics" screen, the lyrics do not have to be pulled from the web service everytime. The cache will be cleared out when the user changes songs.

- In the ABC selector routine, skip over any songs/artists/albums that generate an error.

- In the ABC selector routine, skip over any songs/artists/albums where the song/artist/album is undefined.

- "Shuffle All" on a flylist will actually shuffle the songs in a random order. Selecting a song in a flylist will start playback at that song and play the flylist in alphabetical order.

- Cache the lyrics for the current song so if the user switches back and forth between the "now playing" and "lyrics" screen, the lyrics do not have to be pulled from the web service everytime. The cache will be cleared out when the user changes songs.

- In the ABC selector routine, skip over any songs/artists/albums that generate an error.

- In the ABC selector routine, skip over any songs/artists/albums where the song/artist/album is undefined.
    awesome thank you so much
    Seriously...you really use your cell phone for bedtime music?

I assume your charger is near your bed then...because my Pre will drain pretty quickly overnight even if no apps are running.

You can keep the requests coming, but at this stage I'll only be adding new features that I think are really cool/useful or I can envision many people being interested in. I think this feature is really targeted towards a specific niche.
    Um, like anyone with a Touchstone on their nightstand? We've already got some nice clock and alarm apps; add a sleep timer for music, and I'll ditch my bedside clock radio entirely...

--John
    Your Awsome DanPLC! Thanks for fixing the ABC errors. You keep making it better and better, Keep it up.

thx for the update! i'm glad that the lyrics now cache, it's a little bit easier now to go back and forth between the lyrics view and the album art or list view, w/o the lyrics having to reload every single time.

however, i still believe that this isn't the optimal experience. the fact that lyrics mode already has flick-gesture to forward/rewind, and a click-gesture to play/pause, but no scrub bar, is still making the lyrics experience really cumbersome.

take for example, if users start out in list view, then go into lyric view, and needed to rewind 10-15 seconds. this is not atypical for users who are looking at lyrics. after all, if they already knew the lyrics, they wouldn't be looking at the lyrics mode and scrubbing back and forth to try and learn the song. in this example, users would have to:

1) use the back gesture to go back to the list view, then
    2) click on the album art view in order to gain access to the scrubber.
    3) scrub back 10-15 seconds,
    4) click on the lyrics view icon
    5) scroll down the page and find where the lyrics was that they just left of

what happens then is that they most likely either didn't scrub back far enough or scrubbed back far too much since it takes some times to go from step 3 - 5. i know you are kind of resistant to treat lyrics view as a proper view, but i'd really like to plead my case once again.

i do strongly feel that the solution is to simply put the scrub bar at the bottom of the lyrics mode, on top of the standard-issue palm bottom gradient. it barely takes up any room and makes the experience so much smoother than having to jump back and forth multiple times between a bunch of screen just to accomplish one simple task.

thx.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'll still be making minor changes. I have the "flylist shuffle" item on my list. It's a relatively easy change.

As for #2, this is a bit more involved as it's going to require an overhaul of the Preferences screen. So this is probably not going to happen too quickly. But I'll add it to the list.
    A couple of things.

For some reason shuffle isn't working in Flylists after the recent update for me. I'm not sure if anyone else is having that problem or if maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall. But when I tell the Flylist to "Shuffle all" it randomly picks the first song, and doesn't line up any additional songs. So at the end of song 1, it stops playing.

I just wanted to reiterate the request to have the pause feature optional. The problem I'm having is I can't walk, work, mow the lawn, and do a lot of other things that generally are easy when all I have to do is reach up to the headset and pause the music. If, in fact, it is that option that is breaking that feature it would be really nice to be able to shut it off. Otherwise, figuring out why its breaking the headset "pause" feature would be a good alternative.

Thanks again for your hard work on this, its a great app and has been getting better, I just don't want to have to use one app for the car and the built-in for applications with my headset. I like your app more.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hiya, first off, love the music app. really much more useful than stock.

My request is around the sleep timer and changing that while the music app is up. I would have two controls....

1- a preference to turn the sleep mode off when music app is open AND...
    2- a slide switch to say 'only on external power'

This would help greatly as I am on my motorcycle or in my car listening to music (while on the touchstone) and would eliminate the need to always unlock the phone to change the song.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    For some reason shuffle isn't working in Flylists after the recent update for me. I'm not sure if anyone else is having that problem or if maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall. But when I tell the Flylist to "Shuffle all" it randomly picks the first song, and doesn't line up any additional songs. So at the end of song 1, it stops playing.
    OK, after further playing with this:

If I select "Flylists" from the menu and then click the "Shuffle All" button next to a list, it plays one song. When it gets to the end of that song it stops. UNLESS, I click the "List view" menu item while the first song is playing.
    If I do that, the song list is "generated" but the song is listed somewhere in the middle of the list, rather than being the first one on the list.

Its like it randomizes the first song, then when you go to "list mode" it randomizes a play list, and then puts the first song somewhere in the middle, rather than the first song... Am I the only one getting this bug?
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    OK, after further playing with this:

If I select "Flylists" from the menu and then click the "Shuffle All" button next to a list, it plays one song. When it gets to the end of that song it stops. UNLESS, I click the "List view" menu item while the first song is playing.
    If I do that, the song list is "generated" but the song is listed somewhere in the middle of the list, rather than being the first one on the list.

Its like it randomizes the first song, then when you go to "list mode" it randomizes a play list, and then puts the first song somewhere in the middle, rather than the first song... Am I the only one getting this bug?
    This isn't exactly a bug...but it doesn't behave in the best way either. The shuffle feature will shuffle the list and place you in a random position in the list. And by default, the list does not start up in "repeat mode", so if you happen to start off on the last track, it will stop playing after that track.

I think I'm going to change this to default to "repeat play". That should fix this odd behavior.
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    thx for the update! i'm glad that the lyrics now cache, it's a little bit easier now to go back and forth between the lyrics view and the album art or list view, w/o the lyrics having to reload every single time.

however, i still believe that this isn't the optimal experience. the fact that lyrics mode already has flick-gesture to forward/rewind, and a click-gesture to play/pause, but no scrub bar, is still making the lyrics experience really cumbersome.
    The caching function was not meant to be a replacement for your suggestion. I just realized that downloading the same song's lyrics everytime you switch screens is kinda silly and consumes the battery senselessly.

If adding the slider was a simple, quick change, I'd probably do it now. But it will take a bit of time. So maybe one day I'll do it...but for now, you'll have to switch back to "album art" view to use the slider.