Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Not the controls actually, just the scrub bar. It's quite minimal and would provide a better experience than constantly going back and forth between differnet views and losing one's place in the lyrics.
    I know you were referring to only the scrub bar. I debated about adding it or even other controls. I guess I envisioned this screen as an info display that you temporarily displayed. I wanted the whole screen dedicated to the lyrics.

I don't think adding the slider bar all the way at the bottom would take too much away from the lyrics as long as it stayed hovering over the lyrics (i.e. the lyrics still took up the whole page). However, it doesn't make sense to add the slider bar without the time indicators. But adding the time indicators would mess up the look of the lyrics (text on text).

So I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I could implement some type of hiding panel that would display the slider and time indicators, but I'm not sure I really want to spend the time on something that most people may not have a use for.
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by nianmo View Post
    dan, I just download the new version. album pictures don't load on now playing screen. or any other place. I do have all the pictures for the song.

nianmo
    Are you saying you can load a song in the original music player and it shows the album art but in my version it doesn't? I haven't experienced this. I'm staring at album art on the player right now actually.

In general with the music player, many of my songs do not display the album art, but this was always true.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you saying you can load a song in the original music player and it shows the album art but in my version it doesn't? I haven't experienced this. I'm staring at album art on the player right now actually.

In general with the music player, many of my songs do not display the album art, but this was always true.
    its not displaying album art in the original music player either. but I can see all the album art in my photos album.
    Yep. It takes up barely any space. The rest of the screen is for the lyrics. A really easy solution to the concern on text-on-text for the scrub bar would be to implement the webOS fade convention at the bottom. It'll be consistent with scrolling content, as well as provoding a dark background for the time underneath the scrub bar.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I know you were referring to only the scrub bar. I debated about adding it or even other controls. I guess I envisioned this screen as an info display that you temporarily displayed. I wanted the whole screen dedicated to the lyrics.

I don't think adding the slider bar all the way at the bottom would take too much away from the lyrics as long as it stayed hovering over the lyrics (i.e. the lyrics still took up the whole page). However, it doesn't make sense to add the slider bar without the time indicators. But adding the time indicators would mess up the look of the lyrics (text on text).

So I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I could implement some type of hiding panel that would display the slider and time indicators, but I'm not sure I really want to spend the time on something that most people may not have a use for.
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by nianmo View Post
    its not displaying album art in the original music player either. but I can see all the album art in my photos album.
    There was some discussion over this early in this thread. Do a search to find some suggestions that people had concerning how to tag your music files.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Dan,

Great app. Heads and shoulders above the stock player, and you clearly are using all the features of WebOS.

I have a couple of questions and could not find my answers when using the search forum feature:

1. Is it possible to swipe to delete a song within your app? If not, is USB the only way to delete?

2. Is there currently support for Windows Media Player playlists (.wpl files)? If so, what do I need to do for Remix to recognize the playlist?

Thanks again for your work, and thanks in advance for your help.
    1. Download the app called Internalz from Homebrew in order to delete songs
    2. Save your playlists in Windows Media Player as file type .m3u
    A thousand pardons if this has been asked already, I took a quick look and didn't see anything.

I often have my Pre with me in the car and hooked up to my stereo. This works well except the screen turns off after a couple minutes which makes it a bit unsafe to change songs/etc while driving.

Is there a way to have your app keep the screen on while playing? I know it's rough on the battery so this could be an option (I'm lucky that I can charge it at the same time).

In any event, this is easily one of the best apps for the Palm so far. Please keep up the excellent work!!
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post
    A thousand pardons if this has been asked already, I took a quick look and didn't see anything.

I often have my Pre with me in the car and hooked up to my stereo. This works well except the screen turns off after a couple minutes which makes it a bit unsafe to change songs/etc while driving.

Is there a way to have your app keep the screen on while playing? I know it's rough on the battery so this could be an option (I'm lucky that I can charge it at the same time).

In any event, this is easily one of the best apps for the Palm so far. Please keep up the excellent work!!
    Yeah that's one of my irks too. I don't think the music app should be the one to keep the screen on though. It should be a system-wide option to either keep it on all the time or keep it on while charging. I hope Palm adds this as an option.

I google'd and found the unpublished service call to prevent the display from turning off if the device is charging; however, I'm hesitant to add this to the code since I don't know if it's fully tested. If it was, I would assume Palm would have included it on their "Screen and lock" preferences app.
    Hey dan shuffling is not working well for me while in flylist...I'll post in a bit what's going on exactly

Edit: alright well when i open up the app and i go directly to my flylists and click on any flylist to shuffle...yeah the song plays but when its done...thats it...even the icon for shuffling is enabled...so i dont know wuts up
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/15/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Wonderful work on the app, it is amazing what you have done. I love all the new features, they are well thought out. Thank you!!

If you are taking any suggestions for any additional features, I have one. A "sleep" timer to turn off the player or stop the current playlist would be useful for those of use who like to use our Pre's for bedtime music

-dave
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey dan shuffling is not working well for me while in flylist...I'll post in a bit what's going on exactly

Edit: alright well when i open up the app and i go directly to my flylists and click on any flylist to shuffle...yeah the song plays but when its done...thats it...even the icon for shuffling is enabled...so i dont know wuts up
    I indicated in my release post that flylist shuffling doesn't work. When you select "Shuffle All" on the flylist page, it'll load up the flylist, but in alphabetical order. However, the songs should play to end of the list. When it reaches the end, the player will stop unless you toggled the "repeat" icon at the bottom.
  12.    #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Wonderful work on the app, it is amazing what you have done. I love all the new features, they are well thought out. Thank you!!

If you are taking any suggestions for any additional features, I have one. A "sleep" timer to turn off the player or stop the current playlist would be useful for those of use who like to use our Pre's for bedtime music

-dave
    Seriously...you really use your cell phone for bedtime music?

I assume your charger is near your bed then...because my Pre will drain pretty quickly overnight even if no apps are running.

You can keep the requests coming, but at this stage I'll only be adding new features that I think are really cool/useful or I can envision many people being interested in. I think this feature is really targeted towards a specific niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post

There is a new program to keep your screen on:

Nodoz.

Nodoz works with any program to keep the display on. But wouldn't the better solution be to allow keyboard control for Last-Pause-Next? That way you don't have to look down and you save killing your battery life if you are not on a charger.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/15/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Just updated to the new version. I'm not having the album art problem that was stated a few posts up. Looks good and all is well. Nice addition on the lyrics interface display (title, artist, album).

Thanks again Dan! Excellent app!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I love this app good work dude. one question when im trying to search a song or artist or album the app come up with this message ( error while searching for letter ) im doing something wrong or is just a bug.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hey DanPLC, thanks for what has got to be the best Homebrew app out there! Forget about Homebrew, one of the best apps for the Pre period.

I've liked the ongoing changes to the program (namely the addition of "flylists," the lyric option and the vertical swipe for the artist music list. The only thing missing to make this basically, have no need for any replacement would be sound enhancing features. That is to say a 5 band EQ and maybe some sound expansion plug-ins.

I don't know if it is possible given what can or can't be done in WebOS programming terms. But if an equalizer is possible then please deliver us one. Customizing sound has always been a big deal to me. It can make up for the weaknesses of headphones and or recordings.

Thanks again for the absolutely great app!
    I really like this app. Don't know if it is possilbe, but I would like to have an equalizer.

With the latest version, I am not getting album art in the Artist view. It works in the Album view and with the original "official" app.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by 473x15 View Post
    I love this app good work dude. one question when im trying to search a song or artist or album the app come up with this message ( error while searching for letter ) im doing something wrong or is just a bug.
    The next release (probably tonight or tomorrow) is going to handle strangely-named songs/artists/albums a bit better. I'm hoping this resolves the issue that some people have.
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Hey DanPLC, thanks for what has got to be the best Homebrew app out there! Forget about Homebrew, one of the best apps for the Pre period.

I've liked the ongoing changes to the program (namely the addition of "flylists," the lyric option and the vertical swipe for the artist music list. The only thing missing to make this basically, have no need for any replacement would be sound enhancing features. That is to say a 5 band EQ and maybe some sound expansion plug-ins.

I don't know if it is possible given what can or can't be done in WebOS programming terms. But if an equalizer is possible then please deliver us one. Customizing sound has always been a big deal to me. It can make up for the weaknesses of headphones and or recordings.

Thanks again for the absolutely great app!
    This has been requested many times. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this with the current SDK.
    Hey Feud,
    I'm not sure if its just specific to my car radio, but i can use my stereo controls to fast forward, rewind and move to the next song. I don't have to touch my pre after i sync it to the car stereo. Try it. Let me know if it works for you.