Page 32 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This is just an aesthetic request. I have issues with using a photo as a wallpaper image. Can you adjust it to auto re-size any image?

Thanks again for a great APP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    When determining whether a song is already in a flylist, only check the song name, artist, album, and file path.
    does this fix the problem i was having when "sometimes" the same song "by mistake" got added in the same playlist?

Edit: can u also add the ability to edit the names of the playlists?
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/14/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    That was like 2 releases ago! Instead of clicking on the artist, you swipe up or down on the album art.
    Thanks, you are really amazing, sorry for sounding so gay
    When trying to use the ABC button I get an Error "Error while searching for letter". I get this while searching Artist and Album. Under both of these I have a listing of "unknown" which has a click1.wav file under it that I think a 3rd party app may have installed. I think that this "Unknown" is maybe what is creating the problem. Anyone else have this problem in the more recent versions.

Also on an unrelated issue, this is not related to the REMIX version, but maybe someone can help. About half of my music on the pre is under a category called "Other" under Genres. I have all mp3's tagged and they work fine on my computer apps and on mp3 players. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
    Dan, that is some fine work you have done... exceptional work on the improvements.

One thing I did notice that may be applicable to Pixi installs... the time elapsed and time remaining are covered by the shuffle and replay buttons when there is a notification at the bottom of my screen... no problem at all for me, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Thank you again for your efforts... donation sent
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 09/15/2009 at 11:33 AM.
  6.    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post
    I just encountered a problem when trying to update to the new version. I usually use PreWare and when I went on tonight it told me there was an update available for the Music Player (Remix). I use this app. often so having the newest features are important to me. I tried to update using PreWare about a half dozen times and the install failed each time. I even removed the app. and tried to reinstall, that also failed.

I switched to Filecoaster and it installed no problem.

I'm not sure what I did incorrectly. I have PackgeManager service v0.8.5 and Preware v0.8.5. I see there is an update to the Package manager service and when I get home I can update that.

But, I thought I would just let you know in case it wasn't me.
    I've never used PreWare, so I can't attest to whether the install works properly or not. fileCoaster is the only one I support for this app since that's the one I use.
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    This is just an aesthetic request. I have issues with using a photo as a wallpaper image. Can you adjust it to auto re-size any image?

Thanks again for a great APP!!!!
    I'll look into it.
  8.    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    does this fix the problem i was having when "sometimes" the same song "by mistake" got added in the same playlist?

Edit: can u also add the ability to edit the names of the playlists?
    Try it out and see if it fixes it. I'm thinking it will though.

I have this request on my list.
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Dan, that is some fine work you have done... exception work on the improvements.

One thing I did notice that may be applicable to Pixi installs... the time elapsed and time remaining are covered by the shuffle and replay buttons when there is a notification at the bottom of my screen... no problem at all for me, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Thank you again for your efforts... donation sent
    Thanks...it's been mentioned before.
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    When trying to use the ABC button I get an Error "Error while searching for letter". I get this while searching Artist and Album. Under both of these I have a listing of "unknown" which has a click1.wav file under it that I think a 3rd party app may have installed. I think that this "Unknown" is maybe what is creating the problem. Anyone else have this problem in the more recent versions.
    Maybe the song has no artist or album assigned. I can see how that would generate an error in my app. So I'll modify the app to account for this scenario. And I'll probably change the way I handle errors.
    Hey Dan, GREAT APP!!!! It now has everything I want in an AWESOME music player. GREAT JOB!!! If you're ever in the Rochester NY area, dinner is on me!!! Thanks again.....
    thx for making the lyrics auto-update when going to the next song!! that one little tweak makes the lyrics view so much better to use. one thing i was and still am hoping to see is the scrub/slider bar at the bottom of the screen. the reason? i'm usually in lyrics view when i don't know the lyrics, so as i'm singing along trying to learn, i'd have to go back a little to replay a part i just messed up or want to retry.

i like that the controls are gone now, since that's already taken cared of by the notification area. however, intra-song scrubbing would be really useful.
  13.    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by smerk16717 View Post
    Hey Dan, GREAT APP!!!! It now has everything I want in an AWESOME music player. GREAT JOB!!! If you're ever in the Rochester NY area, dinner is on me!!! Thanks again.....
    Glad you like it!
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    thx for making the lyrics auto-update when going to the next song!! that one little tweak makes the lyrics view so much better to use. one thing i was and still am hoping to see is the scrub/slider bar at the bottom of the screen. the reason? i'm usually in lyrics view when i don't know the lyrics, so as i'm singing along trying to learn, i'd have to go back a little to replay a part i just messed up or want to retry.

i like that the controls are gone now, since that's already taken cared of by the notification area. however, intra-song scrubbing would be really useful.
    I debated adding controls to the bottom of the lyrics screen, but in the end I wanted to keep the screen as clear as possible. So in those situations, you'll have to swipe back to album art mode, then go back to the lyrics screen.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Any way to add whole artists or whole albums to your flylist instead of each song one by one? I've said it before and I'll say it again...this app is a work of genius.
    Last edited by jayzun; 09/15/2009 at 08:58 AM.
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Any way to add whole artists or whole albums to your flylist instead of each song one by one? I've said it before and I'll say it again...this app is a work of genius.
    No, not currently. Implementing that was going to take a bit more time and I decided against it for now so I could get flylists released as soon as possible.

Plus I don't think it would be that useful in most cases. I guess I can see instances where you might want to listen to several artists or albums all mixed in with each other. But in my eyes, the primary use of flylists would be to generate a list of songs bunched together with a common purpose (ex. "club music", "favorite slow jams", "songs that are fun to sing along with", etc.)
    Not the controls actually, just the scrub bar. It's quite minimal and would provide a better experience than constantly going back and forth between differnet views and losing one's place in the lyrics.

I debated adding controls to the bottom of the lyrics screen, but in the end I wanted to keep the screen as clear as possible. So in those situations, you'll have to swipe back to album art mode, then go back to the lyrics screen.
    What exactly does this mean???
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by audra23 View Post
    What exactly does this mean???
    I submitted the app to the app catalog. If somehow they approved it and allowed me to charge for it, then I would charge for it in the app catalog. But as of right now, the services used to retrieve the songs from the music library is not open to the public and thus the app will not be accepted into the app catalog.
    dan, I just download the new version. album pictures don't load on now playing screen. or any other place. I do have all the pictures for the song.

nianmo