Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey dan is there a possible way u can drag and drop flylists...like if i added a flylist and i wanna put it all the way to the top?
    I can look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I can look into it.
    thank you so much dan....by the way i now love ur app even more from the flylists!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing
  3.    #603  
    thank you so much dan....by the way i now love ur app even more from the flylists!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing
    I think flylists were the biggest request from the community... I have to say I'm enjoying them myself. It's nice being able to bunch together songs in different ways.
    I think flylists were the biggest request from the community... I have to say I'm enjoying them myself. It's nice being able to bunch together songs in different ways.
    yeah thats one thing i missed from when i "had" an ipod a while ago....but now that ur app has it...i got like 8 flylists going right now...thank u once again....ima donate for sure now!
    hey dan can u check something out....there r times that i add the "same" song in a playlist and it adds it and i get no error....and just right now i got an error that i added the same song to the playlist...is this error consistent?
  6.    #606  
    yeah thats one thing i missed from when i "had" an ipod a while ago....but now that ur app has it...i got like 8 flylists going right now...thank u once again....ima donate for sure now!
    You're welcome!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The time cutting off is an inherent problem with the original music player. I'm going to be looking into it though. I have a feeling it's just a matter of the remaining time not being accounted for properly.
    Other than that this app is the best, my wife makes fun of me for how excited i get when I see you have a update. GENIUS is what you are but enough *** kissin'...keep up the great work Dan
    I believe this app is the best enhancement of this phone to date. I hope you keep improving this app and still actually post it to palm's app catalog if possible even though nanplayer got shot down. This app looks more like palm's music app so it could even be looked as an update to their music app. Well, good luck in future endeavors!
    i'm encountering a strange bug with the newest update and the pre's standard-issue headset. with the newest build, double-clicking on the headset's control will fast forward the next song, but will then pause. i have to click on the headset's control once more to play.

i tested the exact same interaction with the default music player, and it works fine. so it looks like there's something causing the remix version to not work with the headset's controls.
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'm encountering a strange bug with the newest update and the pre's standard-issue headset. with the newest build, double-clicking on the headset's control will fast forward the next song, but will then pause. i have to click on the headset's control once more to play.

i tested the exact same interaction with the default music player, and it works fine. so it looks like there's something causing the remix version to not work with the headset's controls.
    My guess is it's related to the feature I added where if the user switches tracks while the player is paused, the player will not start playing automatically.

I'm guessing that your headset controls must be issuing a pause command after it changes tracks. Because if the player was playing when it went to the next track, it would automatically start playing the next track.

I don't see anything in the music player control code that is specific to headset controls, so I can only assume that it sends commands directly to the WebOS audio service. If that's the case, other than removing this feature, I don't think there's a way to fix this.
  11.    #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    Other than that this app is the best, my wife makes fun of me for how excited i get when I see you have a update. GENIUS is what you are but enough *** kissin'...keep up the great work Dan
    I'll tell my wife that...she's been getting sick of me working on the project so much lately.
    Ah, I had just updated, I didn't think another would come so soon. Thanks!
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by zain521 View Post
    I believe this app is the best enhancement of this phone to date. I hope you keep improving this app and still actually post it to palm's app catalog if possible even though nanplayer got shot down. This app looks more like palm's music app so it could even be looked as an update to their music app. Well, good luck in future endeavors!
    My Remix app uses the same mediadb service calls that NaNplayer does to access the music library. So my app would be shot down for the same reason. If they ever open these libraries to the public, then perhaps I'll resubmit the app to the App Catalog. But the ultimate scenario would be for them to replace the built-in app with the Remix. Now that would be cool! (WebOS 1.3 maybe? )

This latest version will probably be the last major release for awhile unless there is some feature that I think would be really cool to have.

I've been using this project as a learning tool in preparation for my first "from scratch" project. I've finally come up with a really cool idea for an app so I think I'll start focusing on that more.
  14.    #614  
    hey dan can u check something out....there r times that i add the "same" song in a playlist and it adds it and i get no error....and just right now i got an error that i added the same song to the playlist...is this error consistent?
    You should always get an error if you add the same song to the same flylist.

Are you adding it from the "now playing" list when it doesn't give you the error? If so, I think I know what it is. I encountered this issue during testing, but I thought I fixed it. It has to do with the song's duration that gets saved in the database.
  15.    #615  
    Version 0.9.2 has been released with the following small fixes:

- Update the font color for the song name, artist, and album on the lyrics screen when the user chooses a color on the preferences screen.

- When determining whether a song is already in a flylist, only check the song name, artist, album, and file path.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So, before you move on to different apps, I have two requests.

1. Make the Shuffle work in Flylists.
    2. Make the stay paused when switching songs an option setting in the settings menu. I think it may also be causing issues with my headset as described above...

Thanks again, this is an awesome app!
    Dan,

Great app. Heads and shoulders above the stock player, and you clearly are using all the features of WebOS.

I have a couple of questions and could not find my answers when using the search forum feature:

1. Is it possible to swipe to delete a song within your app? If not, is USB the only way to delete?

2. Is there currently support for Windows Media Player playlists (.wpl files)? If so, what do I need to do for Remix to recognize the playlist?

Thanks again for your work, and thanks in advance for your help.
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    So, before you move on to different apps, I have two requests.

1. Make the Shuffle work in Flylists.
    2. Make the stay paused when switching songs an option setting in the settings menu. I think it may also be causing issues with my headset as described above...

Thanks again, this is an awesome app!
    I'll still be making minor changes. I have the "flylist shuffle" item on my list. It's a relatively easy change.

As for #2, this is a bit more involved as it's going to require an overhaul of the Preferences screen. So this is probably not going to happen too quickly. But I'll add it to the list.
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Dan,

Great app. Heads and shoulders above the stock player, and you clearly are using all the features of WebOS.

I have a couple of questions and could not find my answers when using the search forum feature:

1. Is it possible to swipe to delete a song within your app? If not, is USB the only way to delete?

2. Is there currently support for Windows Media Player playlists (.wpl files)? If so, what do I need to do for Remix to recognize the playlist?

Thanks again for your work, and thanks in advance for your help.
    1. The original music player actually has what appears to be the code to delete songs via swipes. But this code is commented out. I don't plan on adding this in because I don't want to inadvertently damage any files on the user's device.

2. I have no idea since I haven't tried. The Remix app should support whatever the stock app supports.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just encountered a problem when trying to update to the new version. I usually use PreWare and when I went on tonight it told me there was an update available for the Music Player (Remix). I use this app. often so having the newest features are important to me. I tried to update using PreWare about a half dozen times and the install failed each time. I even removed the app. and tried to reinstall, that also failed.

I switched to Filecoaster and it installed no problem.

I'm not sure what I did incorrectly. I have PackgeManager service v0.8.5 and Preware v0.8.5. I see there is an update to the Package manager service and when I get home I can update that.

But, I thought I would just let you know in case it wasn't me.