Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Wow this keeps getting better! Unreal already.

Ps did the feature where you click on artist to show all that artists song get disabled? Used to do that alot
    That was like 2 releases ago! Instead of clicking on the artist, you swipe up or down on the album art.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I thought when you exit the program and restart the program, we were able to pickup where we left; i.e. come back to same playlist and at the same song.

I thought it was one of the future enhancements before, but I don't see it anymore.

Was this feature already implemented?
    Dan,

This is just unbelievable.

I love the Lyrics and the Flylists, I love the button placement! Thank you.

If anyone else is excited as I am to get a real music player, I asked Dan to put in a Donate button in the opening post. He deserves it!

Just an FYI: I know that they are just placeholders but in the menu tapping Help gives an error. For now could it just go to the old music player help?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I love this App, Dan! It is full of awesome.

I'm completely in love with the Flylists, I've been waiting for something like that for a while. I can't wait until shuffle works on Flylists, that will add even more awesome!
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I thought when you exit the program and restart the program, we were able to pickup where we left; i.e. come back to same playlist and at the same song.

I thought it was one of the future enhancements before, but I don't see it anymore.

Was this feature already implemented?
    You're correct, I did intend to have that feature in this release (however, it was only going to restore the song, not the playlist). But after talking to several people in the Palm Dev forums, as well as here, I don't think it will be technically possible due to a flaw in how WebOS handles app cleanup.

The way I have it designed, an automatic bookmark is saved in the database when the user minimizes the app. Then when the user restarts the app, if an automatic bookmark is present, a "Resume Play" button appears on the main menu screen (where the "Now Playing" button resides).

The problem is that when an app is closed, any asynchronous operations (like database transactions) still in progress are not guaranteed to be completed by the OS. If the user takes their time in swiping the app off the screen, then the bookmark will save. However, if they swipe it quickly, the bookmark will most likely not save.

This is a huge flaw in the OS in my opinion. All app cleanup routines should be guaranteed to finish executing whenever an app is closed. If they ever fix this flaw, then I can incorporate this feature.
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Just an FYI: I know that they are just placeholders but in the menu tapping Help gives an error. For now could it just go to the old music player help?
    I haven't changed the way the help menu option functions. It still goes to the old music player help (I just tried it). I've found that sometimes the web page (which is all the help screen is) sometimes doesn't load properly and you receive an error. This is probably what you experienced. Try it again and see if it connects.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're correct, I did intend to have that feature in this release (however, it was only going to restore the song, not the playlist). But after talking to several people in the Palm Dev forums, as well as here, I don't think it will be technically possible due to a flaw in how WebOS handles app cleanup.

The way I have it designed, an automatic bookmark is saved in the database when the user minimizes the app. Then when the user restarts the app, if an automatic bookmark is present, a "Resume Play" button appears on the main menu screen (where the "Now Playing" button resides).

The problem is that when an app is closed, any asynchronous operations (like database transactions) still in progress are not guaranteed to be completed by the OS. If the user takes their time in swiping the app off the screen, then the bookmark will save. However, if they swipe it quickly, the bookmark will most likely not save.

This is a huge flaw in the OS in my opinion. All app cleanup routines should be guaranteed to finish executing whenever an app is closed. If they ever fix this flaw, then I can incorporate this feature.
    that too bad. it's one of my favorite features. I run into this issue all the time. One the features i love about the ipod is that if you just turn off the ipod. When you restart it, it restarts from the exact same spot in the last song you were playing and it starts up exactly on the screen of that individual song.
    Great update! Like the bookmarks button, much easier than using the scrubber.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This great app, just got better. I love the flylists and wallpaper. It's like a whole new experience now. Keep up the great work.
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    that too bad. it's one of my favorite features. I run into this issue all the time. One the features i love about the ipod is that if you just turn off the ipod. When you restart it, it restarts from the exact same spot in the last song you were playing and it starts up exactly on the screen of that individual song.
    It would be a great feature to have. Although as a compromise to those folks who like to start on the main menu, my implementation added a "Resume Play" button at the top of the main menu which when pressed resumed the previously playing track.

I'm hoping Palm reads their development forums and are working on a fix for this issue in a future revision of the SDK. After working with the SDK for a few weeks now, I can tell it's a work in progress. But hopefully it'll continue to mature and allow for some really robust apps.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    great, great, great update. on the fly playlists are an absolute must have for me. it's just one of the (many) deficiencies that showed in in palm's music player that baffled me, that this great app has gone a long way to correcting.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    love this update dan! keep up the good work
    Wow! Dan, this thing is unreal. Player wallpaper, Lyrics AND a play-list? Are you kidding me? Home-run my friend. Excellent app!!!!! That progress bar rocks!! This just gets better and better!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    One thing i really don't like about the Pre music player is that it doesn't continue from where i left off. I remember reading tha tyou planned to add that feature. Is it still planned?
    Read a few posts back for a detailed answer.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/14/2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo
    I posted a review of the Music Player (Remix) here:

Music Player (Remix) Offers 20 Key Features

The Music Player (Remix) actually adds 21 new features but I lost count!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/14/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Dynomite! And the newest version cleaned up the issue with the notification. I really avoided using my Pre as a media player until now. Wallpapers, flylist, I really don't know what to say.
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Dynomite! And the newest version cleaned up the issue with the notification. I really avoided using my Pre as a media player until now. Wallpapers, flylist, I really don't know what to say.
    I'm glad to hear it!
    Great app but flylist does not work for me. It just says unable to save song in flylist, no such column:duration. And is playlist just for itunes sync?
  19.    #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivnet78 View Post
    Great app but flylist does not work for me. It just says unable to save song in flylist, no such column:duration. And is playlist just for itunes sync?
    You must be running version 0.9.0 (you can check your version by selecting "About" in the app's menu). An updated version (0.9.1) was updated later today to fix the flylist issue. It's linked in the first post of this thread, or you can get it using fileCoaster.

"Playlists" are for the playlists sync'd with your computer. "Flylists" are playlists created and saved on the device.
    hey dan is there a possible way u can drag and drop flylists...like if i added a flylist and i wanna put it all the way to the top?