Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I just realized that I changed the table structure for flylists in the database between the last version of the app and version 0.9.0 which is why you're getting this error.

So to get flylists to work you have 1 of 2 options:

- Wait until tonight when I'll release version 0.9.1 which will automatically update the flylist table and avoid this error.

- Delete the app and re-install it.

I'm going to remove the link to the new version from the front page until I can fix it tonight. But for those who already downloaded it, I'd suggest waiting for the new version before you play with flylists. If you do decide to delete the app and re-install it, you'll lose all your current bookmarks and wallpaper settings.
    its alright I'll w8 for tonigt...no rush
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @DanPLC -

Don't want to wait...
    But, no problem!
    I'm such a software update junkie...
    LOL

And thanks again for all your hard work!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @DanPLC -

Don't want to wait...

LOL

Cheers,

-JerryG
    I'm a software update junkie also but don't want to annoy devs
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @DanPLC -

Don't want to wait...
    But, no problem!
    LOL

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Patience...Patience...

I probably could have kept the release out there since it has so many other cool enhancements. But I think people would be driven crazy not being able to play with the flylists.

But it should be a pretty quick fix, so I'll have it ready this evening.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/14/2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Patience...Patience...

I probably could have kept the release out there since it has so many other cool enhancements. But I think people would be driven crazy not being able to play with the flylists.

But it should be pretty quick fix, so I'll have it ready this evening.
    Thank you dan...that's the main thing I always wanted from my pre...a damn playlist
  6.    #566  
    I think I'm going to have time to do this during lunch today. So check back in another 2 hours or so and the next version should be uploaded.
    I think this is a great app and I use it all the time! Nice work!
    I LOVE this app. My only minor complaint continues to be the"abc" button sitting right on top of playlist names...doesn't look polished. Then again, beggars can't be too choosy
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I love your app its the best one out in my opinion but when I use the bookmark feature it cuts off the end of the track when I replay it from bookmark...I listen to long files , sometimes 4 hours plus and when I play a bookmark it always cuts off early at the end....????
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    I love your app its the best one out in my opinion but when I use the bookmark feature it cuts off the end of the track when I replay it from bookmark...I listen to long files , sometimes 4 hours plus and when I play a bookmark it always cuts off early at the end....????
    Unfortunately, that also happens with the built-in player.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    The time cutting off is an inherent problem with the original music player. I'm going to be looking into it though. I have a feeling it's just a matter of the remaining time not being accounted for properly.
  12.    #572  
    Version 0.9.1 has been released!!!

For those who didn't see the original announcement for version 0.9.0, here it is again. Version 0.9.1 fixes a problem where the flylists could not be used due to the old table structure being incompatible. So flylists should be good to go now!

Here are the list of enhancements/fixes in Version 0.9.0/0.9.1:

- Added the ability to save on-the-fly playlists ("flylists"). Songs from any song list or the Now Playing screen can be added to a flylist by tapping the "add to flylist" icon.

- Allow the font color to be set to white or black on the "Preferences" screen.

- Sped up the loading of the "Songs" list screen.

- Enhanced the ABC selector searching on the Albums, Artists, and Songs lists. Added "special character" and "digit" searching.

- Stop all event listeners in all modules, as well as cleaning up all memory.

- Tapping the titlebar on any screen will pause/play the current track.

- Add "Flylist", "Bookmark", and "Lyrics" icons to the titlebar of the "Now Playing" screen. These options are no longer in the app's menu. Also bookmarks can no longer be saved by tapping and holding the progress slider.

- Add the ability to switch tracks on the Lyrics screen by swiping.

- When a track changes while on the Lyrics screen, the lyrics will update and the screen will reset to the top position.

- Display song name, artist, and album name on the Lyrics screen.

- If the player is paused and the user switches tracks, the player won't automatically play the next track.

- When going back to the main menu, always scroll back to the top of the screen.

- Fix issue where the Flylists icon would not be displayed until the app finished loading.

- Fix bug where clearInterval() was called when seek button was released. clearTimeout() should have been called. Could this have been causing the issue with long tracks ending early when the seek button is used? (not sure...but it was a bug anyway)

The Flylists functionality has the following known issues/shortcomings:

- Cannot re-order songs in the flylist. They are displayed in alphabetic order. (NOTE: You can re-order songs in the "now playing" list when viewing a flylist. But the re-ordering does not get saved permanently in the flylist).

- ABC selector and keyboard filtering does not work on flylist song list screen

- Album art shown in "Shuffle All' section on flylist song screen shows random art from the whole music collection, not from the flylist

- When adding or deleting songs from a flylist while it is currently playing, it won't update the current playlist

- No way to edit an existing flylist's name

- If a song in a flylist is deleted from the device, it will no longer be accessible in that flylist even if it's re-added to the device. It'll need to be re-added to the flylist manually.

- The "Shuffle All" function in a flylist will randomize the first track played; however, the rest of the tracks will play in their designated order.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/14/2009 at 11:44 AM.
    To get the upgrade do we delete the app from the Pre and reinstall? Or reinstall on top of?
  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
    To get the upgrade do we delete the app from the Pre and reinstall? Or reinstall on top of?
    You can re-install on top of it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the new version.

I noticed a potential problem. When in the lyrics screen, if you are not careful where you touch in the screen to scroll up and down, you can inadvertantly change songs or pause the current song. It appears the lyrics screen is overlaying the main song screen and all gestures that you use for the main screen are being accepted when you are accessing the lyrics screen.

Also when you tap the album artwork it automatically pauses the song (is that what you meant by the title bar?), it seems too easy to pause the song if you're not careful where you touch.

But nevertheless, the program works fantastic.... great job Dan....
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My apologies for the last post. I didn't read the enhancement summary fully and just realized that the swiping in the lyrics was a feature to get to the next song.
    The pause in the main body still kind of bothers me as it's so easy to pause the song.
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    My apologies for the last post. I didn't read the enhancement summary fully and just realized that the swiping in the lyrics was a feature to get to the next song.
    The pause in the main body still kind of bothers me as it's so easy to pause the song.
    Yes, this was an intended new feature. It allows you to control the player while in Lyric view.

The feature where you tap the album art to pause/play is included in the original music player. What I added was the ability to pause/play by either tapping the lyrics, or on any other screen to tap the titlebar (the charcoal-colored bar at the top of each screen).

Tapping the album art to pause/play is liked by some (me included) and not others. One day maybe it can be an option under "Preferences", but for now it's going to stay.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    OK thanks for all you have done.
    Getting more and more AWESOME! Great additions!
    Wow this keeps getting better! Unreal already.

Ps did the feature where you click on artist to show all that artists song get disabled? Used to do that alot