Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 2523
  1. #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I haven't experienced this since the first version where I was updating the progress slider time indicators while the app was minimized. Since I stopped doing that, no one else has mentioned any stuttering issues.

    Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything extra that the app does while minimized. I'll try running some battery tests compared to the original music player app and see how they compare.
    the stutterding seems to happen when a web page is loading while music is playing. i've noticed it a lot more now with the new builds. i think what's happening is that when the browser is loading, the system freezes temporarily and doesn't respond, causing the remixed music player to studder for 1 or 2 seconds.
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Does it go to the correct position before it freezes (the exact hour:min:sec position)? When you say "freeze", do you mean the whole app is frozen? Or is the slider just stuck at that position and you can't play? What happens if you try tapping pause/play or previous or next? What happens when you try to use the slider? What happens if you try to swipe the titlebar back to the main menu then click "Now Playing"?
    It does go to the correct position where it was saved. It'll play a little blip of the track then freeze. If I move the slider it wont play anything. If I press play/pause...nothing. The entire app is not frozen though....just the track. I can swipe back to the main screen. It seems like the app it totally functional except when it's trying to play where I left off

    I hope this is helpful
    There is no spoon
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    It does go to the correct position where it was saved. It'll play a little blip of the track then freeze. If I move the slider it wont play anything. If I press play/pause...nothing. The entire app is not frozen though....just the track. I can swipe back to the main screen. It seems like the app it totally functional except when it's trying to play where I left off

    I hope this is helpful
    When you swipe back to the main menu and tap "now playing" can you resume playing od the track by pressing play?
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the stutterding seems to happen when a web page is loading while music is playing. i've noticed it a lot more now with the new builds. i think what's happening is that when the browser is loading, the system freezes temporarily and doesn't respond, causing the remixed music player to studder for 1 or 2 seconds.
    I haven't experienced this...so I'm not sure what's happening with you.
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    When you swipe back to the main menu and tap "now playing" can you resume playing od the track by pressing play?
    This is really weird. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt now. When it doesnt, it will not play when I swipe back to the main menu and go to "now playing" and press play.

    I will see if there are differences in the size of the files. Sometimes I'll download an entire show from Howard (his shows are usually 4.5-5 hours) and it can be a file thats 120mb or sometimes as small as 52mb...depending on the quality. Maybe it's having a hard time with the very large files?
    There is no spoon
  6. tapanzee's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #546  
    thank you for the great musiplayer!!

    Could you please add a feature that allows the player to play for 30 minutes and then automatically shut off? Many potential users employ this feature on their clock radios to play as they fall alseep.

    Also, currently after I play an episode of a feed, the player goes on to play the next song in the queue . How do I get the player to stop after one song, or to play three consecutive songs and then stop?

    Thanks!
  7. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #547  
    Is it possible to add Last.FM scrobbling? That would make me love this program even more. Through jailbreak I had it on my iPod touch, would love it on my Pre.
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by tapanzee View Post
    thank you for the great musiplayer!!

    Could you please add a feature that allows the player to play for 30 minutes and then automatically shut off? Many potential users employ this feature on their clock radios to play as they fall alseep.

    Also, currently after I play an episode of a feed, the player goes on to play the next song in the queue . How do I get the player to stop after one song, or to play three consecutive songs and then stop?

    Thanks!
    I don't currently have plans to add those typeof features. Also last.fm support is not in scope for this project.
  9. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #549  
    Damn, thanks anyways.
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I haven't experienced this...so I'm not sure what's happening with you.
    are you testing on a pre or in the emulator? i get the impression that there's some sort of memory leak issue between applications on the pre. here's why:

    when i use music player (remixed) about 6 hours or so at work everyday, the web browser slows down considerably. a reboot solves the issue.

    when i use the web browser and jump from one site to another, with music player (remixed) playing in the background, the music will stutter (more like the sound stops) for 1 or 2 seconds at the exact same time that the browser's loading graphic is also frozen. during that 1 or 2 second, the touchscreen becomes completely unresponsive.

    whether or not there's some connection between the music player (remixed) and the web browser is still open, but from my daily usage there seems to be something there.

    --

    also, one last unrelated note... have you come to any decision regarding the control bars at the bottom obscuring the scroll bar and the timestamp below it in the now playing album art view, when the notification bar is active? a super simple solution that would not affect the user experience at all would be to just shift everything up so that the top of the album art is underneath the header bar pill. since the album art itself is large enough, you'd still be able to click/flick it without any issue.
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    are you testing on a pre or in the emulator? i get the impression that there's some sort of memory leak issue between applications on the pre. here's why:

    when i use music player (remixed) about 6 hours or so at work everyday, the web browser slows down considerably. a reboot solves the issue.

    when i use the web browser and jump from one site to another, with music player (remixed) playing in the background, the music will stutter (more like the sound stops) for 1 or 2 seconds at the exact same time that the browser's loading graphic is also frozen. during that 1 or 2 second, the touchscreen becomes completely unresponsive.

    whether or not there's some connection between the music player (remixed) and the web browser is still open, but from my daily usage there seems to be something there.

    --

    also, one last unrelated note... have you come to any decision regarding the control bars at the bottom obscuring the scroll bar and the timestamp below it in the now playing album art view, when the notification bar is active? a super simple solution that would not affect the user experience at all would be to just shift everything up so that the top of the album art is underneath the header bar pill. since the album art itself is large enough, you'd still be able to click/flick it without any issue.
    I tried it out on my device. I ran the web browser with the music player running in the background. I opened up web pages and the music didn't stutter.

    No I haven't thought of what to do when a notification bar is active. I'm working on other things that I think are higher priority.
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by tapanzee View Post
    thank you for the great musiplayer!!

    Could you please add a feature that allows the player to play for 30 minutes and then automatically shut off? Many potential users employ this feature on their clock radios to play as they fall alseep.

    Also, currently after I play an episode of a feed, the player goes on to play the next song in the queue . How do I get the player to stop after one song, or to play three consecutive songs and then stop?

    Thanks!
    Hey tapanzee,
    The player will stop at the end of a playlist as long as you don't have the repeat button selected. So make yourself a playlist of songs that last a total of 30 minutes. Also it will stop at the end of an album (which usually last 30 minutes anyway).
  13. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #553  
    Great app, really interested in the flylist. The only issue I've run into is when multitasking the app doesn't give up the notification area of the screen when I'm finished playing music. The screen remains smaller. So I have to run Pandora, multitask so it occupies the notification area, then close Pandora to get back to the larger display.

    Do you think you will run into API issues like with NAN player? I ask because you are indeed working with the flylist and how the music is stored and arranged. Again, its been a joy to watch how this app has developed.
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I tried it out on my device. I ran the web browser with the music player running in the background. I opened up web pages and the music didn't stutter.

    No I haven't thought of what to do when a notification bar is active. I'm working on other things that I think are higher priority.
    I went through the code and did a lot of memory cleanup work. I made sure to stop listening for each event handler and to clean up all memory objects. I'm hoping this will improve the memory utilization of the app.
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Great app, really interested in the flylist. The only issue I've run into is when multitasking the app doesn't give up the notification area of the screen when I'm finished playing music. The screen remains smaller. So I have to run Pandora, multitask so it occupies the notification area, then close Pandora to get back to the larger display.

    Do you think you will run into API issues like with NAN player? I ask because you are indeed working with the flylist and how the music is stored and arranged. Again, its been a joy to watch how this app has developed.
    I just tried running an app while the music player was playing. I closed the music player app and the notification bar disappeared. I'm running with my latest build...so maybe some of the cleanup work I did fixed the issue. Once I release it, let me know if you're still having the issue.

    Yes, I would not be able to release this app in the catalog for the same reason NaNplayer cannot. It's not because of the flylists. It's because the app is retrieving the song list using the mediadb service. This service is not currently open to the public. To be able to use this service, I have to set my company name to "Palm" in the app id.
  16. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #556  
    Very cool, I'll wait for the next update.
  17. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the stutterding seems to happen when a web page is loading while music is playing. i've noticed it a lot more now with the new builds. i think what's happening is that when the browser is loading, the system freezes temporarily and doesn't respond, causing the remixed music player to studder for 1 or 2 seconds.
    this has been my experience. i just now recreated teh stuttering by opening FileCoaster and browsing apps. It's usually when I'm browsing the web and listening to music that I get it the worst.

    Doesn't happen everytime however
  18.    #558  
    Version 0.9.0 has been released!!!

    Here are the list of enhancements/fixes:

    - Added the ability to save on-the-fly playlists ("flylists"). Songs from any song list or the Now Playing screen can be added to a flylist by tapping the "add to flylist" icon.

    - Allow the font color to be set to white or black on the "Preferences" screen.

    - Sped up the loading of the "Songs" list screen.

    - Enhanced the ABC selector searching on the Albums, Artists, and Songs lists. Added "special character" and "digit" searching.

    - Stop all event listeners in all modules, as well as cleaning up all memory.

    - Tapping the titlebar on any screen will pause/play the current track.

    - Add "Flylist", "Bookmark", and "Lyrics" icons to the titlebar of the "Now Playing" screen. These options are no longer in the app's menu. Also bookmarks can no longer be saved by tapping and holding the progress slider.

    - Add the ability to switch tracks on the Lyrics screen by swiping.

    - When a track changes while on the Lyrics screen, the lyrics will update and the screen will reset to the top position.

    - Display song name, artist, and album name on the Lyrics screen.

    - If the player is paused and the user switches tracks, the player won't automatically play the next track.

    - When going back to the main menu, always scroll back to the top of the screen.

    - Fix issue where the Flylists icon would not be displayed until the app finished loading.

    - Fix bug where clearInterval() was called when seek button was released. clearTimeout() should have been called. Could this have been causing the issue with long tracks ending early when the seek button is used? (not sure...but it was a bug anyway)

    The Flylists functionality has the following known issues/shortcomings:

    - Cannot re-order songs in the flylist. They are displayed in alphabetic order.

    - ABC selector and keyboard filtering does not work on flylist song list screen

    - Album art shown in "Shuffle All' section on flylist song screen shows random art from the whole music collection, not from the flylist

    - When adding or deleting songs from a flylist while it is currently playing, it won't update the current playlist

    - No way to edit an existing flylist's name

    - If a song in a flylist is deleted from the device, it will no longer be accessible in that flylist even if it's re-added to the device. It'll need to be re-added to the flylist manually.
  19. #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.9.0 has been released!!!

    Here are the list of enhancements/fixes:

    - Added the ability to save on-the-fly playlists ("flylists"). Songs from any song list or the Now Playing screen can be added to a flylist by tapping the "add to flylist" icon.

    - Allow the font color to be set to white or black on the "Preferences" screen.

    - Sped up the loading of the "Songs" list screen.

    - Enhanced the ABC selector searching on the Albums, Artists, and Songs lists. Added "special character" and "digit" searching.

    - Stop all event listeners in all modules, as well as cleaning up all memory.

    - Tapping the titlebar on any screen will pause/play the current track.

    - Add "Flylist", "Bookmark", and "Lyrics" icons to the titlebar of the "Now Playing" screen. These options are no longer in the app's menu. Also bookmarks can no longer be saved by tapping and holding the progress slider.

    - Add the ability to switch tracks on the Lyrics screen by swiping.

    - When a track changes while on the Lyrics screen, the lyrics will update and the screen will reset to the top position.

    - Display song name, artist, and album name on the Lyrics screen.

    - If the player is paused and the user switches tracks, the player won't automatically play the next track.

    - When going back to the main menu, always scroll back to the top of the screen.

    - Fix issue where the Flylists icon would not be displayed until the app finished loading.

    - Fix bug where clearInterval() was called when seek button was released. clearTimeout() should have been called. Could this have been causing the issue with long tracks ending early when the seek button is used? (not sure...but it was a bug anyway)

    The Flylists functionality has the following known issues/shortcomings:

    - Cannot re-order songs in the flylist. They are displayed in alphabetic order.

    - ABC selector and keyboard filtering does not work on flylist song list screen

    - Album art shown in "Shuffle All' section on flylist song screen shows random art from the whole music collection, not from the flylist

    - When adding or deleting songs from a flylist while it is currently playing, it won't update the current playlist

    - No way to edit an existing flylist's name

    - If a song in a flylist is deleted from the device, it will no longer be accessible in that flylist even if it's re-added to the device. It'll need to be re-added to the flylist manually.
    not sure if I'm doing it correctly but I'm trying to save a song to the flylist and its giving me an error

    Edit: it says unable to save song list to flylist-no such column: duration
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/14/2009 at 07:27 AM.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if I'm doing it correctly but I'm trying to save a song to the flylist and its giving me an error

    Edit: it says unable to save song list to flylist-no such column: duration
    I just realized that I changed the table structure for flylists in the database between the last version of the app and version 0.9.0 which is why you're getting this error.

    So to get flylists to work you have 1 of 2 options:

    - Wait until tonight when I'll release version 0.9.1 which will automatically update the flylist table and avoid this error.

    - Delete the app and re-install it.

    I'm going to remove the link to the new version from the front page until I can fix it tonight. But for those who already downloaded it, I'd suggest waiting for the new version before you play with flylists. If you do decide to delete the app and re-install it, you'll lose all your current bookmarks and wallpaper settings.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions